TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On an arrest log from Jackson County I came across last night, he was listed on 4/16 so not really sure when he was arrested.

ha! I just saw that too and posted the link above.

I wish reporters would check their facts.

So if LE arrested this guy (Nickell) three days after Holly went missing and locked him up, I bet he is a prime suspect. Normally, I don't think they would hold him on the stalking charges alone (even though I think they should).

This reminds me of how they held Casey Anthony in jail based on her stealing and banking misrepresentations while investigating Caylee's whereabouts. They had strong suspisions of her knowing where her daughter was and that she had done something to her but needed time to find proof (I hope I'm saying that right).

Even if Nickell is not the guy, he should be locked up. Stalkers are dangerous people imo and off balance individuals in general.

Here's the article wherein the residence of Nickell is discussed regarding the proximity to Bobo's residence through the woods.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...mes-to-small-tight-knit-community-safety-tips

I tend to discount the comment attributed to a 'local' about getting through those woods in about 15 minutes. Driving from Nickell's house to Holly's is about 20 miles and would take 40 minutes to drive. It's almost all side roads, with relatively low speed limits, and google is assuming an average of about 30 mph.

A fairly straight shot between the two locations doesn't have much woods for cover. Even if it did, the route shown by google is fairly straight. I doubt a route through the woods would be much straighter. To take an ATV from one place to the other in 15 minutes would require a speed somewhere close to 45 or 50 mph through these heavy, allegedly impenetrable woods. I find that hard to believe.

Also, to remain hidden, the person would have to swing wide to the left to avoid the more developed areas, which would make the travel time longer. You could probably get through the woods to a vehicle parked close by fairly quickly, but I don't think you could get from her place to his anywhere near that fast.

1815 Liberty Church Road Holladay TN - Google Maps

Before I forget: My post #197, thread #20:

Date that sex offender was arrested, in case it hasn't been posted yet:

http://www.abc24.com/mostpopular/sto...wVHnaZkDQ.cspx

On Monday, April 18, 2011, police arrested Nickell

link won't work for me.
O'kay so he was arrested on the 16th but not held and then arrested on the 18th and held. Is that what could have happened? He's not listed for April 18 on the list posted above.

One article says he has other charges pending from another county (Dickson, maybe?) and one is "Attempted kidnapping." That might account for the high bail? I wish the charges were more detailed...

He has to be in the mix, unless he was someplace unimpeachable on April 13.

I tend to discount the comment attributed to a 'local' about getting through those woods in about 15 minutes. Driving from Nickell's house to Holly's is about 20 miles and would take 40 minutes to drive. It's almost all side roads, with relatively low speed limits, and google is assuming an average of about 30 mph.

A fairly straight shot between the two locations doesn't have much woods for cover. Even if it did, the route shown by google is fairly straight. I doubt a route through the woods would be much straighter. To take an ATV from one place to the other in 15 minutes would require a speed somewhere close to 45 or 50 mph through these heavy, allegedly impenetrable woods. I find that hard to believe.

Also, to remain hidden, the person would have to swing wide to the left to avoid the more developed areas, which would make the travel time longer. You could probably get through the woods to a vehicle parked close by fairly quickly, but I don't think you could get from her place to his anywhere near that fast.

1815 Liberty Church Road Holladay TN - Google Maps

google link not working - oh, now it's working, good.
I looked at that too. It looks pretty tree filled (that's an understatement!). Yet when I went to satellite there is a road to the west with a town Bible Hill near to Parsons that looks more like a country road - not sure about that one - if it would cut the time down a lot. Except Holly's house is in Darden. Heck!

Anyway, I was posting where the info/idea came from because somebody had been looking for where it originated.

I just copied what my post was. The news link was functioning at the time I posted it. Why it is not functioning at present is anyone's guess.

I just copied what my post was. The news link was functioning at the time I posted it. Why it is not functioning at present is anyone's guess.

So the article states Nickell was arrested on April 18 but the Jackson Arrest Log states he was arrested April 16. That's what we're trying to decipher - which one is right.
I'd vote for the arrest log, no?

So the article states Nickell was arrested on April 18 but the Jackson Arrest Log states he was arrested April 16. That's what we're trying to decipher - which one is right.
I'd vote for the arrest log, no?

I would think the log has to be right...but no guarantees. Very strange in any event. The whole thing is strange with him-he fits, but he doesn't fit. Sounds like with the other women, he did not even try to hide from them. He must have escalated into violent action very quickly, if he took Holly, and left her behind pretty quickly.

I still can't see her walking away toward the woods with anyone she didn't know and trust OR someone with a gun on her. Nothing else makes any sense to me. If someone used a ruse to get her into the woods, I still think it would have to be someone she knows. What young woman would go off with a strange man into the woods, for any reason? If, for instance, he had told her her dog was injured, she would have been running.

Re: Nickell's pending charges for kidnapping, simple assault, etc in Dickson have been withdrawn.

I can't link, but if you'll go to the link from woe.be.gone examiner.com "big city crime hits small tight knit community" and scroll about half way down to the "Attempted kidnapping in Dickson" it will give you the details of why these charges have been withdrawn. In a nutshell the reasons were completely different description than that of Nickell's, including dark hair and beard, different build, and different vehicle.

So, Nickell's no longer has these additional charges pending.. Which IMO makes me go Hhhhmmmmmm?? Even more about the raising of his bond to $300,000... IMO he's suspect #1 on my personal list(for now atleast..of course that could change easily if we were to learn new info)

Hope that Helps about Nickell's pending charges.

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

Having been involved from the morning of Holly's abduction, I wanted to give you my thoughts on the case. These are just my opinions on several of the more conflicting stories.

I believe that the morning Holly was abducted, the person who abducted her startled her by walking up suddenly upon her. I believe she screamed at this time and possibly struggled in the initial contact. I think that this is when she was cut with a sharp object...enough to cause blood to fall. I also think that this scream was heard by the neighbor who called and could possibly be the reason that CB looked out the window. He might have heard the scream and heard voices, but as a person is not expecting a scream in the silence of a nice Wednesday morning, he might not have registered it. When he looked out the window, by this time HB and abductor were going into the woods. If they were at a distance, he wouldn't have been able to tell much. Seeing camo, and having seen her boyfriend in camo dozens of times, he might have just automatically assumed that it was him. He may have told himself that the scream was not really a scream. We don't know if the scream was a short, startled one, or a long one. He may have written it off at that point because who thinks that you are going to see your loved one being abducted? Her walking into the woods with her boyfriend was an infinitely more obvious and acceptable reason than the opposite. Either it bothered him as he was playing it over in his mind, or he may have been going outside for another reason, but for whatever reason, he saw the blood, and her car was still there, and knew that what he saw was not what he thought he saw. Reports are confusing at this point and we don't know if he called 911 at this time or if he called his mother and she called 911. We know there were 2 calls and one was from the neighbor.

Next, LE comes. They quickly determine that this might be an abduction and get a search team together. Having worked for LE myself for many years, I can figure that although roadblocks were set up, they couldn't have possibly been set up for at least an hour from the 911 call and likely longer than that.

I believe that the abductor had a vehicle hidden. I don't know if it was a car, truck, or ATV, but he took Holly in a vehicle and was out of the area before roadblocks were set up. I don't think they were in the woods for long.

I'm confused myself on why the lunch bag was found 8 miles from HB's house. To me, he either attempted to fool LE or, more likely, he just was taking a route that way and threw the bag. I don't know if the duct tape belongs to HB or not, but if it does, this would have been where the vehicle was parked. I feel that he was in control of her from the minute he stepped into the woods with her. I think he did tape her mouth, but used the knife to control her. If she'd already been cut, she would be terrified of any further injury. If the tape was on her mouth, he could have pulled it off before getting into the car so that he could converse with her. Remember, she is the prize that he had obviously stalked and he probably is dying to hear her voice. I don't believe that this person is a "local"...even though LE has reported that they believe that. I also believe that the cell phone and SIM card are just another part of Holly's belongings that he threw out to get rid of. Perhaps he came back a day or two later and threw the phone out the window just to trick LE into thinking that they were still in the same area, whereas they were miles away, at his place.

I think that the abductor is either the RSO above mentioned, or someone completely unknown to everyone. I think that if it is either one above, that they first saw her somewhere (whether it be at school, out with her friends, or shopping at a grocery store). I think that this person took Holly to a location that was set up and pre-planned by him. I have a strong feeling that it is the RSO, but I'm not positive. I can't help but compare the cases between her and Heather Sullivan. I just can't wrap my mind around a man trying to stalk women all so close in their location. The only hesitation that I have about this guy is that his MO of stalking women in his vehicle was not known to be like the attempted abduction of Heather Sullivan and Holly, but he could have advanced in his obsession to this.

I think that local searches were called off and we have heard absolute silence from LE is because they feel this RSO is their man and they are trying to make him give up the location of Holly. I have never once felt or said that Holly is no longer with us, but as time goes on, it seems unlikely that she could survive all this time somewhere while he is incarcerated. I just HOPE that Heather Sullivan will be able to identify him somewhat, even though it was dark and she had a light shining in her eyes.

I am not concerned of LE giving us news or making sure that WE (the public) have information about any of this. I would guess that no one on this board could do anything at all even with more information. And, it could jeopardize the case immensely.

I truly feel that this case will be solved soon and I don't think that a "local" will be arrested. I tend to think that the abductor is already incarcerated. It's just been too quiet lately.

I would think the log has to be right...but no guarantees. Very strange in any event. The whole thing is strange with him-he fits, but he doesn't fit. Sounds like with the other women, he did not even try to hide from them. He must have escalated into violent action very quickly, if he took Holly, and left her behind pretty quickly.

I still can't see her walking away toward the woods with anyone she didn't know and trust OR someone with a gun on her. Nothing else makes any sense to me. If someone used a ruse to get her into the woods, I still think it would have to be someone she knows. What young woman would go off with a strange man into the woods, for any reason? If, for instance, he had told her her dog was injured, she would have been running.

Plus I just saw that a J. Nickell was married in Vegas about 14 years ago in April. Maybe April is a emotional month for him when bad things happen.
There's no middle initial so there's no way to tell if the same guy.

I agree that Holly probably wouldn't just walk away into the woods with some guy. She'd have the sense to offer to call 911 if the guy said someone was in the woods in distress. :twocents:

Ok I've got a big question with regard to the blood found somewhere on the Bobo property by the brother(I say somewhere because reports have been conflicting, confused, contradicting as to whether it was in a carport, in front of carport, in the grass, in front of a doorway, etc,etc)

For instance in using norestforthewicked's above post theorizing that she was initially cut within first moments of contact with the perp.. And this as a possibility to explain the blood found.. We know for absolute certain that at some point after the blood was dropped, dripped that Holly was then led into the woods by the perp..

My question is this how would there have not been more blood(even droplets from a minor cut or injury)found leading into the woods?? And even in the actual woods the likelihood that there would have been at minimum droplets of blood IMO WOULD ONLY be expected??

Does that make sense?

Plus I just saw that a J. Nickell was married in Vegas about 14 years ago in April. Maybe April is a emotional month for him when bad things happen.
There's no middle initial so there's no way to tell if the same guy.

I agree that Holly probably wouldn't just walk away into the woods with some guy. She'd have the sense to offer to call 911 if the guy said someone was in the woods in distress. :twocents:

As I stated above, I think that Holly DID walk into the woods. I don't think anyone tried to trick her and give her the opportunity to run. I think it was all business, with a knife as a threatening weapon and I think she did what she was told. I think that many people would react this way.

Ok I've got a big question with regard to the blood found somewhere on the Bobo property by the brother(I say somewhere because reports have been conflicting, confused, contradicting as to whether it was in a carport, in front of carport, in the grass, in front of a doorway, etc,etc)

For instance in using norestforthewicked's above post theorizing that she was initially cut within first moments of contact with the perp.. And this as a possibility to explain the blood found.. We know for absolute certain that at some point after the blood was dropped, dripped that Holly was then led into the woods by the perp..

My question is this how would there have not been more blood(even droplets from a minor cut or injury)found leading into the woods?? And even in the actual woods the likelihood that there would have been at minimum droplets of blood IMO WOULD ONLY be expected??

Does that make sense?

Yes, that makes sense. It doesn't really matter though in the grand scheme of things where the blood was. We don't know the exact location even of where she walked into the woods and there was reported to be blood (flecks) in some areas in the grass (not sure where). It would make sense to me that the abductor put something on the bleeding right away just so as to NOT leave a trail. Even ripping a piece off of his or her clothing would accomplish this. Hope that makes sense.

I agree that the RSO in custody could very well be the perp that abducted Holly. But let's not confuse the separate cases that exist.

The man incarcerated that is listed as violent RSO is not arrested for anything related to Heather Sullivan.. He is arrested on charges of stalking, harassing 2 different college girls at different shopping locales(target and Union university dorm for one and Old Hickory mall and Kohls Dept store for the other girl)..

He does not even remotely fit the description of Heather Sullivans perp, skinny, slim, 6 ft, 150lbs.. Nickell is a BIG GUY 6ft, 210+lbs..and with him indeed being incarcerated I would find that most likely that if anyone were even remotely suspicious that Nickell could be Heathers perp(LE or Heather after seeing his pic online/news articles) if they or Heather thought for a moment that this was even possibly her perp I would say that they've already had Heather identify whether it was yay or nay on Nickell being the guy that grabbed her outside her home..

So tho I do agree that Nickell is quite likely who took Holly and that the end result does not look promising.. He(Nickell) however is not the perp In Heather Sullivans case. At this point he is presently tied to 2 separate 19 yr old college girls from different colleges..

HTH :)

Re: Nickell's pending charges for kidnapping, simple assault, etc in Dickson have been withdrawn.

I can't link, but if you'll go to the link from woe.be.gone examiner.com "big city crime hits small tight knit community" and scroll about half way down to the "Attempted kidnapping in Dickson" it will give you the details of why these charges have been withdrawn. In a nutshell the reasons were completely different description than that of Nickell's, including dark hair and beard, different build, and different vehicle.

So, Nickell's no longer has these additional charges pending.. Which IMO makes me go Hhhhmmmmmm?? Even more about the raising of his bond to $300,000... IMO he's suspect #1 on my personal list(for now atleast..of course that could change easily if we were to learn new info)

Hope that Helps about Nickell's pending charges.

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

It took me awhile to figure out where you meant to read but I finally found it in that same Examiner article toward the bottom.
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...mes-to-small-tight-knit-community-safety-tips

Nickell has been arrested for one incident. The other incident he, although he would fit the profile, he has been outruled as the perp.

He's still in jail and imo is being looked at as a suspect in Holly's case. Again, IMO.

At first I thought you were saying that Nickell was off the hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member