TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I stated above, I think that Holly DID walk into the woods. I don't think anyone tried to trick her and give her the opportunity to run. I think it was all business, with a knife as a threatening weapon and I think she did what she was told. I think that many people would react this way.

Wondering what ya'll think- if that is/was the situation- do you think people in the local community need to be concerned for their safety? Or those in the surrounding communities?

I just can't get past an FBI MP report about a kidnapping with the suspect still unknown and at large. :eek:

Hope everyone in the area is keeping eyes wide open. He's got to be somewhere.

Sorry to have been confusing about the link and Nickell's pending charges out of Dickson being withdrawn. It sucks not being able to post the actual link and instead had to describe the link.

Thanks for posting the link woe.

Having been involved from the morning of Holly's abduction, I wanted to give you my thoughts on the case. These are just my opinions on several of the more conflicting stories.

I believe that the morning Holly was abducted, the person who abducted her startled her by walking up suddenly upon her. I believe she screamed at this time and possibly struggled in the initial contact. I think that this is when she was cut with a sharp object...enough to cause blood to fall. I also think that this scream was heard by the neighbor who called and could possibly be the reason that CB looked out the window. He might have heard the scream and heard voices, but as a person is not expecting a scream in the silence of a nice Wednesday morning, he might not have registered it. When he looked out the window, by this time HB and abductor were going into the woods. If they were at a distance, he wouldn't have been able to tell much. Seeing camo, and having seen her boyfriend in camo dozens of times, he might have just automatically assumed that it was him. He may have told himself that the scream was not really a scream. We don't know if the scream was a short, startled one, or a long one. He may have written it off at that point because who thinks that you are going to see your loved one being abducted? Her walking into the woods with her boyfriend was an infinitely more obvious and acceptable reason than the opposite. Either it bothered him as he was playing it over in his mind, or he may have been going outside for another reason, but for whatever reason, he saw the blood, and her car was still there, and knew that what he saw was not what he thought he saw. Reports are confusing at this point and we don't know if he called 911 at this time or if he called his mother and she called 911. We know there were 2 calls and one was from the neighbor.

Next, LE comes. They quickly determine that this might be an abduction and get a search team together. Having worked for LE myself for many years, I can figure that although roadblocks were set up, they couldn't have possibly been set up for at least an hour from the 911 call and likely longer than that.

I believe that the abductor had a vehicle hidden. I don't know if it was a car, truck, or ATV, but he took Holly in a vehicle and was out of the area before roadblocks were set up. I don't think they were in the woods for long.

I'm confused myself on why the lunch bag was found 8 miles from HB's house. To me, he either attempted to fool LE or, more likely, he just was taking a route that way and threw the bag. I don't know if the duct tape belongs to HB or not, but if it does, this would have been where the vehicle was parked. I feel that he was in control of her from the minute he stepped into the woods with her. I think he did tape her mouth, but used the knife to control her. If she'd already been cut, she would be terrified of any further injury. If the tape was on her mouth, he could have pulled it off before getting into the car so that he could converse with her. Remember, she is the prize that he had obviously stalked and he probably is dying to hear her voice. I don't believe that this person is a "local"...even though LE has reported that they believe that. I also believe that the cell phone and SIM card are just another part of Holly's belongings that he threw out to get rid of. Perhaps he came back a day or two later and threw the phone out the window just to trick LE into thinking that they were still in the same area, whereas they were miles away, at his place.

I think that the abductor is either the RSO above mentioned, or someone completely unknown to everyone. I think that if it is either one above, that they first saw her somewhere (whether it be at school, out with her friends, or shopping at a grocery store). I think that this person took Holly to a location that was set up and pre-planned by him. I have a strong feeling that it is the RSO, but I'm not positive. I can't help but compare the cases between her and Heather Sullivan. I just can't wrap my mind around a man trying to stalk women all so close in their location. The only hesitation that I have about this guy is that his MO of stalking women in his vehicle was not known to be like the attempted abduction of Heather Sullivan and Holly, but he could have advanced in his obsession to this.

I think that local searches were called off and we have heard absolute silence from LE is because they feel this RSO is their man and they are trying to make him give up the location of Holly. I have never once felt or said that Holly is no longer with us, but as time goes on, it seems unlikely that she could survive all this time somewhere while he is incarcerated. I just HOPE that Heather Sullivan will be able to identify him somewhat, even though it was dark and she had a light shining in her eyes.

I am not concerned of LE giving us news or making sure that WE (the public) have information about any of this. I would guess that no one on this board could do anything at all even with more information. And, it could jeopardize the case immensely.

I truly feel that this case will be solved soon and I don't think that a "local" will be arrested. I tend to think that the abductor is already incarcerated. It's just been too quiet lately.

What's your opinion on why the dogs didn't pick up Holly's scent going into the woods and onward?

What's your opinion on why the dogs didn't pick up Holly's scent going into the woods and onward?

Because he had a vehicle parked inside the tree line or behind it. We dont know where they went into th woods but in several directions it would not have been too hard to have a vehicle parked.

I know a screen shot of part of this has been posted, but I had not previously seen the surrounding property also. This is really interesting to look at IMO. By panning out, you can see land around the Bobo's and by panning in, you can see some trails. I just cannot really figure out how he got her out or there, if he did, unless he was parked close by.
http://tnmap.state.tn.us/assessment/map.aspx?GISLink=020041++++00400

Look at aerial photography view

Yes, that makes sense. It doesn't really matter though in the grand scheme of things where the blood was. We don't know the exact location even of where she walked into the woods and there was reported to be blood (flecks) in some areas in the grass (not sure where). It would make sense to me that the abductor put something on the bleeding right away just so as to NOT leave a trail. Even ripping a piece off of his or her clothing would accomplish this. Hope that makes sense.

Man it would be great if the blood is Nickell's blood type and not Holly's.
The only thing is then where is Holly?

And, as far as we know, this guy hasn't killed anyone in his past. I sure hope and pray that's not the case here.

While I believe Holly was startled by the abductor, I don't think she was injured at that initial time....because she didn't drop her lunch bag or books. I don't know what I think about the blood. But I don't think its Holly's.

I believe that he picked her up and carried her once she was in the woods. And, I believe his car was very close by.

I hope they brought the dogs back then to see if they could pick of Nickell's scent. They may have something like that on him.

I agree that the RSO in custody could very well be the perp that abducted Holly. But let's not confuse the separate cases that exist.

The man incarcerated that is listed as violent RSO is not arrested for anything related to Heather Sullivan.. He is arrested on charges of stalking, harassing 2 different college girls at different shopping locales(target and Union university dorm for one and Old Hickory mall and Kohls Dept store for the other girl)..

He does not even remotely fit the description of Heather Sullivans perp, skinny, slim, 6 ft, 150lbs.. Nickell is a BIG GUY 6ft, 210+lbs..and with him indeed being incarcerated I would find that most likely that if anyone were even remotely suspicious that Nickell could be Heathers perp(LE or Heather after seeing his pic online/news articles) if they or Heather thought for a moment that this was even possibly her perp I would say that they've already had Heather identify whether it was yay or nay on Nickell being the guy that grabbed her outside her home..

So tho I do agree that Nickell is quite likely who took Holly and that the end result does not look promising.. He(Nickell) however is not the perp In Heather Sullivans case. At this point he is presently tied to 2 separate 19 yr old college girls from different colleges..

HTH :)

I'm not at all confusing cases. I said in my first post that I thought the stalking cases of the girl in the car were not the same MO as Holly and Heather S.

Regarding the next part. We DON'T know if he has been identified by Heather or not. We have no knowledge of what they know. I don't believe that the media either has that knowledge to report that or not.

The latest description of the abductor fits Nickell. I am leaving in a few and don't have time to look, but there is a new (updated) version of the abductor.

Wondering what ya'll think- if that is/was the situation- do you think people in the local community need to be concerned for their safety? Or those in the surrounding communities?

I just can't get past an FBI MP report about a kidnapping with the suspect still unknown and at large. :eek:

Hope everyone in the area is keeping eyes wide open. He's got to be somewhere.

It depends. If Holly's abductor proves to be this Nickell guy, he's locked up for now. If not, and it's still another stranger abductor, then maybe. If it's someone Holly knew/knows, then probably not.

I'm a big help! :crazy:

It took me awhile to figure out where you meant to read but I finally found it in that same Examiner article toward the bottom.
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...mes-to-small-tight-knit-community-safety-tips

Nickell has been arrested for one incident. The other incident he, although he would fit the profile, he has been outruled as the perp.

He's still in jail and imo is being looked at as a suspect in Holly's case. Again, IMO.

At first I thought you were saying that Nickell was off the hook.

See...I know how the media works and I don't take much stock in media reports having all the facts. I have never heard from an LE report that Nickell had been officially ruled out.

I know a screen shot of part of this has been posted, but I had not previously seen the surrounding property also. This is really interesting to look at IMO. By panning out, you can see land around the Bobo's and by panning in, you can see some trails. I just cannot really figure out how he got her out or there, if he did, unless he was parked close by.
http://tnmap.state.tn.us/assessment/map.aspx?GISLink=020041++++00400

Look at aerial photography view

Yes, he was parked close by, in my opinion, because he didn't want to have to take a chance by traveling too far with her. He wanted to contain her as quickly as possible and get her out of the area.

Man it would be great if the blood is Nickell's blood type and not Holly's.
The only thing is then where is Holly?

And, as far as we know, this guy hasn't killed anyone in his past. I sure hope and pray that's not the case here.

I agree with you! But, if by chance it was him who was injured instead of her, it might be able to match DNA, but it still wouldn't help in where Holly was...:(

While I believe Holly was startled by the abductor, I don't think she was injured at that initial time....because she didn't drop her lunch bag or books. I don't know what I think about the blood. But I don't think its Holly's.

I agree...I don't see that happening either, her being injured and not leaving anything behind.

We don't know that Holly had books in her hands. That has never been reported to my knowledge. And, what if she had a backpack with books and her lunch bag on her shoulder? I fell down a flight of stairs once with a backpack and my lunch bag and when I hit the bottom, they were still on my shoulder.

I believe that he picked her up and carried her once she was in the woods. And, I believe his car was very close by.

Actually dogs dont follow scent on the ground per se like footprints. So if he carried her the dogs would still follow that. Its the same as if you were on a bike. Just because your feet dont touch the ground doesnt mean the dogs cant follow.

Yes, I have a hard time picturing Holly being swept off her feet while she continued to hold on to her lunch bag/purse. It seems to me she'd drop stuff when she was picked up. Now, if she was led at knife point, I can imagine her sort of freezing without wanting to make any type of move and walk with everything intact where he led. But then her scent should be present. :waitasec:

We don't know that Holly had books in her hands. That has never been reported to my knowledge. And, what if she had a backpack with books and her lunch bag on her shoulder? I fell down a flight of stairs once with a backpack and my lunch bag and when I hit the bottom, they were still on my shoulder.

LE never mentioned a backpack or asked searchers to look for one, that we have heard. They did mention a purse, keys and books and a phone, I believe.

Actually dogs dont follow scent on the ground per se like footprints. So if he carried her the dogs would still follow that. Its the same as if you were on a bike. Just because your feet dont touch the ground doesnt mean the dogs cant follow.

It really depends on the type of tracking dog. The main way that a person is tracked is by the crushed and trampled vegetation and the smell that the person has. It is true that a fully clothed person still lets off dead cells, etc. to assist in tracking, but this is really a hit and miss thing. If he had his car close by, and he got her in the woods and then into a car right away, I think this would be the reason that the dogs couldn't get the scent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*