TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE never mentioned a backpack or asked searchers to look for one, that we have heard. They did mention a purse, keys and books and a phone, I believe.

No, they didn't mention a backpack OR a purse. I think there are many things that have not been mentioned by LE to keep something close to the vest.

It really depends on the type of tracking dog. The main way that a person is tracked is by the crushed and trampled vegetation and the smell that the person has. It is true that a fully clothed person still lets off dead cells, etc. to assist in tracking, but this is really a hit and miss thing. If he had his car close by, and he got her in the woods and then into a car right away, I think this would be the reason that the dogs couldn't get the scent.

Plus one of the people that said the dogs couldnt track the scent was IMHO discredited and not necessarily believable. JMHO... Its not like LE said it.

Actually dogs dont follow scent on the ground per se like footprints. So if he carried her the dogs would still follow that. Its the same as if you were on a bike. Just because your feet dont touch the ground doesnt mean the dogs cant follow.

The dogs smell air currents or something - that amazes me. But, even if the perp had a car parked nearby, why couldn't the dogs track Holly at least as far as that distance? The dogs didn't leave the garage as if to follow any distance across the yard the way I understand it.

Plus one of the people that said the dogs couldnt track the scent was IMHO discredited and not necessarily believable. JMHO... Its not like LE said it.

Yeah, I remember that too. The truth is that we know next to nothing of fact really and everything I'm saying is just my gut feeling. But, I'd love nothing more than to be wrong.

Respectfully snipped posted of norest4thewicked-
I think that local searches were called off and we have heard absolute silence from LE is because they feel this RSO is their man and they are trying to make him give up the location of Holly. I have never once felt or said that Holly is no longer with us, but as time goes on, it seems unlikely that she could survive all this time somewhere while he is incarcerated. I just HOPE that Heather Sullivan will be able to identify him somewhat, even though it was dark and she had a light shining in her eyes.
(end quote)

Am sorry that I misunderstood. The above comment threw me as it was speaking of RSO incarcerated to be most likely Hollys abductor and hoping that HS could identify him..

link please? I've been under the impression LE said that. I don't know why as they haven't said much but we've been discussing that as fact. :waitasec:

Respectfully snipped posted of norest4thewicked-
I think that local searches were called off and we have heard absolute silence from LE is because they feel this RSO is their man and they are trying to make him give up the location of Holly. I have never once felt or said that Holly is no longer with us, but as time goes on, it seems unlikely that she could survive all this time somewhere while he is incarcerated. I just HOPE that Heather Sullivan will be able to identify him somewhat, even though it was dark and she had a light shining in her eyes.
(end quote)

Am sorry that I misunderstood. The above comment threw me as it was speaking of RSO incarcerated to be most likely Hollys abductor and hoping that HS could identify him..

I thought Heather reported that the perp in her case was a skinny man. That description doesn't fit this Nickell's guy. Am I getting things mixed up?

"Anywhere that's far enough to toss a bag, a purse, jewelry, keys, just something off into the woods," said Jason Greer with the Henderson County Rescue Squad. They are looking along about 30 miles of roads throughout three counties.

A purse was mentioned, actually, as well as keys, jewelry, a bag. Maybe they are not sure what she had with her.

I just saw that this Nickells guy may be in the business of making cabinets and doing woodworking.

Where does one get wood? Trees. Could he know of Holly through her dad? Her dad may have supplied wood to this guy.

I truly feel that this case will be solved soon and I don't think that a "local" will be arrested. I tend to think that the abductor is already incarcerated. It's just been too quiet lately.

...respectfully snipped...

I agree with your theory, pretty much all of it except that I don't believe the RSO in custody is Holly's abductor. Your theory, in and of itself matches mine almost to the tee.

The reason I don't believe the RSO is involved is because from what we know, he stalks by car, and opportunity, and is not very concerned with being noticed or identified. His most recent crimes have involved his car, in the light of day. For him to have committed this crime he would have had to make a sudden, and HUGE leap from stalker/pervert to hidden abductor with a plan. Again, we don't know all there is to know about this guy, but generally there is an escalation before a guy goes from stalking random people in a parking lot to...hiding in the bushes/kidnapping/transporting/ covering his tracks, and a crime.

IMO, this RSO is too sloppy and even if he has 'smartened up' (made up word) he went from stalking to possible abduction/murder in the blink of an eye. It's just unlikely. I'm not saying that it's impossible. I just feel it's unlikely.

My hunch is still on a local person who at some point in the past either had contact with her, or was infatuated with her.

Side note. Another reason I can't fit the RSO is this.

If he took Holly on the 13th, and was arrested on the 16th for two other crimes, the window of opportunity for him to have cleaned up and covered his tracks is very, very small.

In addition to that, as disgusting as this is to fathom, he would have had to "come down" off the rush of commiting such a heinous act, and be ready to gear up for his next one in less than 72 hours.

While I believe Holly was startled by the abductor, I don't think she was injured at that initial time....because she didn't drop her lunch bag or books. I don't know what I think about the blood. But I don't think its Holly's.

Is it possible that Holly tried some type of self-defense move on her attacker, injuring him, and causing the blood? Like...the palm of a hand to a nose, etc.

Is it possible that Holly tried some type of self-defense move on her attacker, injuring him, and causing the blood? Like...the palm of a hand to a nose, etc.

I am beginning to wonder if the blood is even related as I am stuck on how she did not drop anything at all, keys, a book, something, if there was an attack on either side.

I'm hoping that someone can enlighten me. Is it common for a child molester to turn his interest to "adult" women? Thanks for any examples or info you can give me.

I'm hoping that someone can enlighten me. Is it common for a child molester to turn his interest to "adult" women? Thanks for any examples or info you can give me.

I'm not sure if it is usual...but I suppose it happens. If I read correctly, his prior charges were from 1995? If so, a lot could change in 16 years, as far as his inclinations I guess. Were the ages of the children shown anyplace? Maybe they were teens?

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/sorint/sordetailart.aspx?htid=SO005150

Ok, here is the link, with indecency/child and exposure, both in 1995, no age of child listed. Maybe they were as old as 15-16? And the recent stalkings, the victims are about 19.

Sounds like this Jason likes to expose himself. Sneak up, follow etc...one sick puppy. Glad they caught him.

Maybe he wanted to "show something" to Holly in the woods, if it is him...and she fought back, and he lost it...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*