TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has also been one found in the Cumberland river in Nashville within the past few hours, but no mention if male or female.

Oh, just realized you are in Nashville. Let us know if you hear anything on the news.

Man. I don't even know what to say at this point. I think about Holly all the time, and every time I log in to read new posts it makes me sad to still see her listed as "believed abducted." I really thought this would be solved after a few days, and here we are weeks later with pretty much nothing (at least not that we know of).

I absolutely respect LE and their strategies, and I do not want them to release any information that would jeopardize the investigation in any way, but I'm quite surprised about how little has been released compared to other cases. And good for them, if they're doing it for a good reason.

I absolutely believe in all of the Bobo family's innocence, and I'll be absolutely shocked if this turns out to be anything other than a nonfamilial abduction. I do not think there is anything suspicious about the family's silence. However, it IS different and not something I've ever seen before. Like we've discussed a billion times, they're damned if they do, damned if they don't, but here are my thoughts....

I'm currently reading Tears of Rage by John Walsh. It was an optional book assigned in my victimology class while I was getting my BA in CJ a couple years ago, but I never opened it until now. It tells the story of Adam's abduction from the family's perspective. There's a lot said about their feelings about speaking to the media and the public and how their feelings went back and forth and why they did or didn't speak at different times. While it seems like speaking out would be the best thing they could do for Holly, when I really think about it, the important thing is that LE keeps Holly as a priority, not so much that the rest of us do, beyond knowing what she looks like and what to look for. That sounds really stupid, but I'm kind of playing devil's advocate and trying to look at it from all sides. Of course I feel that spreading the word is the natural and best thing to do, but when it really comes down to it, as someone else on this forum mentioned, there can't be a person in the Darden/Parsons area who doesn't know what Holly looks like by now. If the family feels that speaking out won't help because they'll only be scrutinized, or if they can't handle it emotionally, or if they know something we don't and it will actually HARM the investigation, then more power to them for making the decision not to.

However, honestly, this is the only case I've seen like this. Speaking out just seems like the natural thing for a family to do. I'm not casting aspersions AT ALL on the family, but I'm wondering if their silence might mean something, such as LE asking them to be silent or them having some info that we don't (which I'm sure they do to some extent).

Think of just about any other abduction case - John Walsh, Marc Klaas, Ed Smart, Erin Runyon, the list goes on. They were (and still are) ALL over the place generating interest in their childrens' cases. From everything I've learned, it seems to be the best thing to do. Even if everyone in the immediate area knows to look out for Holly, she could be anywhere, so spreading the word is important. Also, for whatever reason - I can't really sort it out right now - but maintaining public interest does seem important. I go back and forth on that. On one hand, like I said, it's not necessarily important if LE would rather the public stay out of it, but if they really don't know where she is, people do need to be reminded to BOLO for her.

Anyway, what I guess it all comes down to is that it depends on how much faith we have in LE at this point and how much faith the family has in what they're doing. I HATE HATE HATE to see cases grow "cold," or even when they're not officially defined as cold, I hate to see interest lost. However, in this case, I have to ask myself if investigators and the family, for whatever reason, want us to butt out or if they at least feel like public help wouldn't do any good at this point because of something they know.

Although I respect the family's emotional state, privacy, etc., if it is not the case that LE has asked them to stay silent and that they have a specific reason for not speaking out, I do have to say I wish they'd speak out right now for Holly's sake. I feel awful for them. Another thing to consider is that these things don't only happen to families who have the wherewithall, resources, public speaking ability, etc. etc. to handle it. Those other parents I mentioned may very well have completely different personalities than the Bobos do. If this happened to me, I honestly don't even know how I'd eat, breathe, sleep or survive, so I honestly can't say what I would do.

For some reason, though, I hate to see the public lose interest in a case. I don't know whether or not this is in the best interest of the investigation, but man, I just wish everybody knew and cared, and I'm not sure why.

Yeah, it said 7:30 on Saturday, hoping it's not female. I'm going to bed, just had tp post the one with duct tape because my heart stopped when I read it.

Yeah, it said 7:30 on Saturday, hoping it's not female. I'm going to bed, just had tp post the one with duct tape because my heart stopped when I read it.

When I saw your first post I thought I was going to pass out. Please, LORD, don't let this be Holly. Then again, it's someone's child no matter what, so still awful.

goldiegirl - I feel almost exactly how you do. I completely know what you mean and I hope that this is brought to an end very soon. There is only one thing worse than having your child missing (I would think) and that would be to never know what happened.

When I saw your first post I thought I was going to pass out. Please, LORD, don't let this be Holly. Then again, it's someone's child no matter what, so still awful.

I agree. My heart stopped too. I just hope the one they found last night is not a female. I don't know of anyone around here missing recently except Shelley Mook and that would be horrible as well.

This is really scary about the body in the Cumberland River - this link: http://www.wsmv.com/news/27815195/detail.html
says it floated to the Neuhoff Packing plant, which is now closed. I'm not sure if this is relevant but I mapped the distance and directions to this location from Holly's house

I don't know how to copy & paste maps, however this map is from
http://maps.google.com/maps

Driving directions to 1312 Adams St, Nashville, TN 37208
Suggested routes
1. 1 hour 49 minsI-40 E
99.4 mi
2. 2 hours 16 minsTN-46 and I-40 E
113 mi

- more info »

681 Swan Johnson RdDarden, TN 38328

1. Head northwest on Swan Johnson Rd toward 5 Forks Rd
1.4 mi
2. Turn right onto Sulphur Spring Rd
0.7 mi
3. Turn right onto Bible Hill Rd
1.4 mi
4. Turn left onto McMurray Rd
1.2 mi
5. Take the 2nd left onto TN-69 N
11.7 mi
6. Turn right to merge onto I-40 E
80.7 mi
7. Take exit 207 for Jefferson St
0.2 mi
8. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Meharry/Bicentennial Mall/Fisk Univ and merge onto Jefferson St
1.3 mi
9. Turn left onto 8th Ave N
0.2 mi
10. Take the 2nd right onto Monroe St
0.6 mi
11. Monroe St turns left and becomes 1st Ave N
Destination will be on the right
367 ft

1312 Adams StNashville, TN 37208

and it is TN-69 and the US-641 that we have been discussing and you'll have to refresh my memory, but wasn't her lunchbag found by the highway?

The lunch bag locale was in dispute I thought...but the other item, not named, was found near an interstate, wasn't it?

All of the rivers and lakes here are very high right now. The Cumberland is probably raging a bit. I think it's more likely that body came somewhere from the north...Honestly as much as I'd like Holly to be found, I wouldn't want her to be found like THIS on Mother's Day.

All of the rivers and lakes here are very high right now. The Cumberland is probably raging a bit. I think it's more likely that body came somewhere from the north...Honestly as much as I'd like Holly to be found, I wouldn't want her to be found like THIS on Mother's Day.

I pray it's not Holly also
:grouphug:

This is really scary about the body in the Cumberland River - this link: http://www.wsmv.com/news/27815195/detail.html
says it floated to the Neuhoff Packing plant, which is now closed. I'm not sure if this is relevant but I mapped the distance and directions to this location from Holly's house

I don't know how to copy & paste maps, however this map is from
http://maps.google.com/maps

Driving directions to 1312 Adams St, Nashville, TN 37208
Suggested routes
1. 1 hour 49 minsI-40 E
99.4 mi
2. 2 hours 16 minsTN-46 and I-40 E
113 mi

- more info »

681 Swan Johnson RdDarden, TN 38328

1. Head northwest on Swan Johnson Rd toward 5 Forks Rd
1.4 mi
2. Turn right onto Sulphur Spring Rd
0.7 mi
3. Turn right onto Bible Hill Rd
1.4 mi
4. Turn left onto McMurray Rd
1.2 mi
5. Take the 2nd left onto TN-69 N
11.7 mi
6. Turn right to merge onto I-40 E
80.7 mi
7. Take exit 207 for Jefferson St
0.2 mi
8. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Meharry/Bicentennial Mall/Fisk Univ and merge onto Jefferson St
1.3 mi
9. Turn left onto 8th Ave N
0.2 mi
10. Take the 2nd right onto Monroe St
0.6 mi
11. Monroe St turns left and becomes 1st Ave N
Destination will be on the right
367 ft

1312 Adams StNashville, TN 37208

and it is TN-69 and the US-641 that we have been discussing and you'll have to refresh my memory, but wasn't her lunchbag found by the highway?

after quick google search, seems like there have been a lot of bodies found in the cumberland river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hulet