DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see this video posted either.

Video - Where is Holly Bobo?

MSNBC Today Show - May 7

The Tennessee student who was kidnapped three weeks ago remains missing and authorities haven't named any suspects. Criminologist Casey Jordan talks about some unusual aspects of the case, but says "hope should never be abandoned."

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/42942466#42942466

And here's Jackson Sun's update for this morning:

Local Briefs: Hunt for Holly Bobo continues today

Jackson Sun - 12:22 AM, May. 8, 2011

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt said Saturday that authorities planned to ramp up the search today

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...nues-today?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I actually like both of them. But, Geraldo is such a drama queen (part of why I like him) and I also respect MF. But, I also know that they are both being paid for their opinions and anytime that happens, I just can't take it as fact. I also lost a bit of respect for both of them when they were questioning the brothers story. I simply can't understand how either of them, as experienced as they both are, can't recognize how someone can look out a window not expecting to see something and justifying in your mind somehow that what you were seeing was something else. It frankly boggles my mind that people can't see that when they probably do that themselves several times a day.

Also, the fact that both GR and MF are saying that it's odd that the parents are not speaking out is ridiculous and they know it. No one knows what those parents know or what they were told to do. GR and MF have no business telling the Bobos what they should be doing or even questioning what they are doing. That, in itself, makes their opinions on this case not worth giving a second thought to.

If every investigator or law enforcement officer took the tactic that victim's families cannot be questioned, then we would have many more crimes left unsolved. Investigators are trained to look at the closest solution first and, in doing so, often become very rigorous in their examination of the family. They do have a right to question what the family members did leading up to and around the time of the crime....as well as what they saw. After years of experience, these investigators become very keen on any loophole or area of deception.
Simply questioning does not mean that they are implying guilt to anyone. Its the nature of any sleuth to go directly to areas that might seem out of the ordinary.

it is undeniably odd that the parents havent spoken out, that doesnt mean you are suspicious of them in any way, its just acknowledging that whether they were instructred to do so or not it is in fact odd that they have not spoken more. it is uncommon, not the norm, not what one would expect... odd.

on an unrelated note;

last night and this morning i have looked at this case as if no abduction actually took place, and a remarkable number of things fall into place. im not pointing a finger at anyone, and im probably completely wrong, but it was an eye opening exercise.

The lunch bag locale was in dispute I thought...but the other item, not named, was found near an interstate, wasn't it?

it is undeniably odd that the parents havent spoken out, that doesnt mean you are suspicious of them in any way, its just acknowledging that whether they were instructred to do so or not it is in fact odd that they have not spoken more. it is uncommon, not the norm, not what one would expect... odd.

on an unrelated note;

last night and this morning i have looked at this case as if no abduction actually took place, and a remarkable number of things fall into place. im not pointing a finger at anyone, and im probably completely wrong, but it was an eye opening exercise.

This is curious to me since another sleuther has (privately) suggested a walk-away scenario. Is this what you considered in your "non-abduction" exercise?

I don't think this will be in Holly, in the river in/near Nashville. Sadly, the body is more likely to belong to someone we don't even know is missing.

I actually like both of them. But, Geraldo is such a drama queen (part of why I like him) and I also respect MF. But, I also know that they are both being paid for their opinions and anytime that happens, I just can't take it as fact. I also lost a bit of respect for both of them when they were questioning the brothers story. I simply can't understand how either of them, as experienced as they both are, can't recognize how someone can look out a window not expecting to see something and justifying in your mind somehow that what you were seeing was something else. It frankly boggles my mind that people can't see that when they probably do that themselves several times a day.

Also, the fact that both GR and MF are saying that it's odd that the parents are not speaking out is ridiculous and they know it. No one knows what those parents know or what they were told to do. GR and MF have no business telling the Bobos what they should be doing or even questioning what they are doing. That, in itself, makes their opinions on this case not worth giving a second thought to.

I would think that Mark's opinions are no less trustworthy than any other person who has worked in law enforcement for years and has a lot of experience under his belt. The fact that Fox pays him as a consultant has no bearing on what he thinks about any case. I doubt that Fox News tells him what to say. As far as Geraldo is concerned, his experience as an investigative reporter probably gives him more knowledge of criminology than the average person, but it hasn't improved his personality much, IMO.

As for your last paragraph, I don't think either of them are trying to tell the Bobos what to do... they are merely commenting about them not speaking out, just like so many on this and other boards have done over the past 3 weeks. That opinion is not new or unique... a lot of posters have expressed those same thoughts, just not on t.v.

See...to me the time frame is what makes me suspect him more. And, I'm sorry but I don't understand you saying that he had "less than 72 hours" to gear up for another one. I thought that this girl from the vehicle or I read somewhere but don't count it as exact truth that there were 2 girls stalked in vehicles. I didn't think they were within 72 hours of Holly's abduction. Maybe I'm just not understanding your post.

I corrected the time line for him in post #267. There were 2 girls, in 2 separate instances. But, those incidents occurred on 4/6 and 4/7. Before Holly went missing. Until I re-read the article I thought he had committed those crimes on 4/16 and 4/18. We know now that he was picked up on 4/16 (a Saturday) and wasn't arraigned until 4/18 (Monday) on the charges.

i.b.nora, collected several links regarding this guy and posted them up thread, it helps clarify what happened and where.

During a bond hearing Wednesday ( WEDNESDAY APRIL 20, 2011 ) , Nickell's attorney asked for Nickell's bond to remain the same, but Judge Blake Anderson raised his bond to $300,000.

His next court appearance, which will be a preliminary hearing, is set for 9:30 a.m. April 28.

AND, WHO KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED IN COURT ON APRIL 28 ??? ANYONE???

The text incorrectly indentifies him as Jackson Nickell (the picture is correct). His attorney had apparently worked out a plea deal of 11 months and 29 days with prosecutors but the judge rejected it and sent the case to a grand jury instead.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Ju...nt-to-Grand-Jury-120926304.html?m=y&smobile=y

I don't know if that means the judge wants to be tougher on him or not.

my opinions only, no facts here:

That episode of Fox News was interesting, since to the best of my knowledge, Fox has not been asked to retract or correct the statements presented in that show. If that episode had any factual basis, then the dogs become the key. As a challenge, can you figure out which direction the vehicle was traveling when the evidence was tossed? Clockwise around the local area or counterclockwise? Also, think about this- do you toss the evidence with the victim in the vehicle or not in the vehicle?

No offense, but only VERY rarely do the press bother to correct bad information anymore. More often, they just fold the new information in and pretend that's what they were saying all along. Drives me nuts.

Police suspect foul play. Gee, YOU THINK?! Wow.

My got (a la Gibbs on NCIS) says this isn't Holly but some other poor woman. I just don't see our perp dragging her from one rural area, doing all that to her, and dropping her in another rural area 5 hours away. If she was killed and dropped, I think it was much closer to home.

As difficult as it is, I want to know if the police have used cadaver dogs on any of their searches.

The text incorrectly indentifies him as Jackson Nickell (the picture is correct). His attorney had apparently worked out a plea deal of 11 months and 29 days with prosecutors but the judge rejected it and sent the case to a grand jury instead.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Ju...nt-to-Grand-Jury-120926304.html?m=y&smobile=y

I don't know if that means the judge wants to be tougher on him or not.

Since the Judge didn't like the plea deal, I wonder if that's why he set the bond so high? Maybe he was worried the RSO would make the $75,000 bond and didn't want him back out on the streets? Then again, maybe they just wanted more time to question him regarding Holly's case. If that's even part of the reason, I'm curious as to why LE hasn't come out and called him a POI.

Police suspect foul play. Gee, YOU THINK?! Wow.

My got (a la Gibbs on NCIS) says this isn't Holly but some other poor woman. I just don't see our perp dragging her from one rural area, doing all that to her, and dropping her in another rural area 5 hours away. If she was killed and dropped, I think it was much closer to home.

As difficult as it is, I want to know if the police have used cadaver dogs on any of their searches.

I think if you scroll up that body from the pond was already identified as someone else who was missing for a week or so.

I made a quick and dirty map showing:

A - Darden - Holly's home

B - Gooch Rd, Parsons - lunch box found

C - Cumberland River, Nashville

D - Shelby Street - bridge from which pedestrian saw the body floating

E - Neuhoff Packing - the plant mentioned in the article near which the body was found

I'm terrible at maps, so I make no guarantees :)

Google map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...-87.192993&sspn=2.355688,5.410767&ie=UTF8&z=9

The article about the body found in the Cumberland river, TN:
http://www.wsmv.com/news/27815195/detail.html

ETA: For clarity, the body found in the metal cabinet in a pond in Manchester, Clay county, and believed to be Tammy Sizemore is more than 227 miles away in southeastern Kentucky.

Article about body in cabinet in pond in Kentucky:
http://www.ctpost.com/default/article/Police-investigate-body-found-in-pond-1370183.php

This is driving me nuts. In this link, it says Holly and Clint Bobo. That's her boyfriend, is it not?

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979303643

This is driving me nuts. In this link, it says Holly and Clint Bobo. That's her boyfriend, is it not?

Yes, that is her boyfriend. Drives me nuts, too.

Yes thats the b/f the same photo has been circulating around for a month now. Note that Gather is not a bastion of journalistic integrity...

All of the rivers and lakes here are very high right now. The Cumberland is probably raging a bit. I think it's more likely that body came somewhere from the north...Honestly as much as I'd like Holly to be found, I wouldn't want her to be found like THIS on Mother's Day.

The Cumberland doesn't come anywhere close to Decatur county. It starts in Southeast KY, flows southwesterly, loops briefly into Tennessee, through Nashville and back Northwest into Kentucky again and dumps into the Ohio Rivert. There's just no way for a body to start in Decatur County and end up in Nashville through the Cumberland water system.

If it's OK, I just wanted to post this article about Brooke Wilberger's mom

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cm...3-41/brooke-says-wilberger-cammy-courtney.csp

Also have been comparing/contrasting the cases. Some of those thoughts are with regard to the video I found in my last post here. But just thinking that the perp. in this case did not even live at the time in Oregon. He lived in NM. Also, he drove 12 miles away from the abduction point onto a logging road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed