TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very good point. It is far more likely that it is someone else than either Holly or Shelley.

I don't think any of us are drawing conclusions. They'll get the identification done pretty quickly I imagine. They did not or would not release information on the description. Another paper said "extended" period of time.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/14595402/pedestrian-spots-body-in-cumberland-river

If at all in doubt they'll go the extra mile to be definitive over fast.

A few weeks ago when those two young boys drowned in New Orleans, they were found within days and could not even be identified without testing, so not sure what "in the water a while" really means...

Why would a perp necessarily have to take a victim to Nashville/Memphis? If you're familiar with the area you might think just the opposite direction towards Knoxville and the Great Smokey Mountains. The woods are a heck of a lot more dense there and more places to hide. Why did everybody get on the bandwagon thinking Nashville? Just asking.

Snowbunny, from the area Holly was taken, one would have to travel west towards Memphis, or have traveled I-40 east through Nashville and Knoxville, to the Smokey Mountain's...

I understand exactly what you are saying. But, there could be several reasons for it. If they can't make an ID on the person, they won't have much of interest to say. I mean if they have to get everything in a computer base to find out who it is, it could take quite a long time...therefore no info.

Or, if it IS someone we are familiar with from this board, because of the huge public knowledge from it, they might be setting up press conferences, etc.

Lastly, as I said before, it only happened last night. I would think that a body that has been in the water "for quite a while" would take a long time to identify.

I think we will know more soon.

Reading the earlier articles from people suspected of having committed suicide and most recently the woman they found that they think went off the bridge - it took days to identify her.

There's at least two reasonably similar looking women from the general area that are missing in the last few weeks.

I was just reading about the forensics of bodies in water. It would appear 2-3 weeks with some plus/minus for water temperatures is a normal period of time for a body to begin to float.

Investigation "Narrowed" in Holly Bobo Search Apr 26, 2011, 2:34 PM CDTPARSONS, TN The investigation into the abduction of a nursing student has narrowed its focus but no one is yet being identified as a suspect. Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm said the agency is in the process of identifying people of interest in the disappearance of 20-year-old Holly Bobo. Helm said many possibilities have been ruled out. The "focus" of the investigation and search is still on the "area surrounding the small community of Darden, where Bobo lived with her parents and brother". My Fox Memphis TN The agency has analyzed a small amount of blood that was found outside the home, but Helm said they are not releasing the results to the public.

BBM
I was just going over some old reports ('cause frankly, there's nothing new). I'm wondering if this quote means they are not narrowing their search on anybody WITHIN the Darden community, but rather the area SURROUNDING Darden?

What do you think?

my opinions only, no facts here:

I think that YOU are on my short list of posters who "can see". Your revisit article is very good reminder of what is relevant in this case. Keep up the good work.

I think that YOU are on my short list of posters who "can see". Your revisit article is very good reminder of what is relevant in this case. Keep up the good work.

Snowbunny has also proven to be a master of cutting to the bone rather than staring at the steer. Continue with the intelligent analyses my friends.

I think too much can be read into various quotes and choices of words by reporters...especially reporters...

I don't take the quote from Helms to mean Darden is excluded particularly...but didn't they say they were focused on Parsons early on? Are they basically interchangeable?

Reading on the earlier Cumberland River cases:

The man was in the water for about a month before being found in February.
http://www.wsmv.com/news/27126775/detail.html

The lady that they think went off the bridge a few months ago turned up in 2 weeks. The general idea seems to be 2-4 weeks but I thought I found one story an hour ago that was almost 2 months.

On the same news sites there are stories of the recent flooding taking out the back yards of people so it's possible the flooding has played a hand too.

Looks like the ID process took 1-2 days in earlier cases which would mean we should have an answer in the morning.

I think too much can be read into various quotes and choices of words by reporters...especially reporters...

I don't take the quote from Helms to mean Darden is excluded particularly...but didn't they say they were focused on Parsons early on? Are they basically interchangeable?

100% agree. Plus we are all from different parts of the country and express ourselves differently in word and in writing.

A few weeks ago when those two young boys drowned in New Orleans, they were found within days and could not even be identified without testing, so not sure what "in the water a while" really means...

A body is not really visually recognizable in just a couple of days if its outdoors. In 3-4 weeks it would be skeletonized or largely skeletonized.

I believe it was on Monsterquest where they did a time lapse film study of a road kill deer carcas staked out in the woods. The purpose was to show how long or short of a time it took a large body to decompose. Even the researchers were surprised how quickly it disappeared once the possums, insects, weather, etc. took over. In under a month it was hard to see even the bones as the leaves covered it up.

Back to the topic of whether or not authorities are sure Holly "disappeared into the woods" with her abductor and whether someone could have snuck onto her property...
Up until last year I lived on a 110-acre farm in a rural area. Everyone, including my husband and myself, had a least one dog. From observation over the years, I realized that one of a dog's most important jobs is alerting you to someone coming onto the property. Whenever we heard our dogs barking-- 90% of the time it was because someone was coming up our long driveway or driving slowly down the road. And they could hear it from inside the house before we could!

My questions are -- Do the Bobos have a dog? If so, where was he/she on the morning Holly disappeared?

Back to the topic of whether or not authorities are sure Holly "disappeared into the woods" with her abductor and whether someone could have snuck onto her property...
Up until last year I lived on a 110-acre farm in a rural area. Everyone, including my husband and myself, had a least one dog. From observation over the years, I realized that one of a dog's most important jobs is alerting you to someone coming onto the property. Whenever we heard our dogs barking-- 90% of the time it was because someone was coming up our long driveway or driving slowly down the road. And they could hear it from inside the house before we could!

My questions are -- Do the Bobos have a dog? If so, where was he/she on the morning Holly disappeared?

They have two dogs. Both seem to be indoor pets.

My dogs alert me too if anyone is coming near my house. Esp. my Jack Russell/Chihuahua, he loses it every time someone is near.

I too would like to know if the Bobo's had a dog.

Just have to be Debbie Downer today and say that this case is so incredibly frustrating. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels "done" until there is new info. There are just too many possible scenarios and not enough evidence released!

The dog passed a polygraph and is not a suspect at this time.

I don't see anything updated yet on the DB found in the Cumberland and that's bothering me a little in terms of the two missing ladies from that area. I'd think we'd see something today. There's nothing in the paper or updated on the tv sites either. Maybe DB's in the river are more common than I realize and it's not a big deal. It would be front page stuff for a few days in our city here.

I googled for news on Holly and Kyron this morning and was reading an article about Holly on (link below). Came across a very strange comment that made me stop and re-read it a few times. I saved an image of the comment in case it gets deleted somehow and emailed the reporter who wrote the article. I also posted a reply to the author...Can you guys take a look and tell me what you think about this comment....the guy claims to have knowledge but as we all know there are strange people who will say anything....

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979303643

the comment is by a Wally Lidberg and was posted at 2:38 est this morning

The woman found on the weekend has been identified and is not Holly. RIP Gwendolyn Williams and my heart goes out to her family and friends.
Officers identified the woman as Gwendolyn Williams, 47.
http://www.wsmv.com/news/26930285/detail.html

But that's not the right case. We are talking about the woman found in the Cumberland River not on land. Totally different case you just posted. Some reports have had it as a youngish white woman per tv reports. Since that time stories are not updated and there is no information.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27815195/detail.html

I googled for news on Holly and Kyron this morning and was reading an article about Holly on (link below). Came across a very strange comment that made me stop and re-read it a few times. I saved an image of the comment in case it gets deleted somehow and emailed the reporter who wrote the article. I also posted a reply to the author...Can you guys take a look and tell me what you think about this comment....the guy claims to have knowledge but as we all know there are strange people who will say anything....

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979303643

the comment is by a Wally Lidberg and was posted at 2:38 est this morning

IDK it sounds pretty much word for word like some of the weird stuff with the Meter Man and Caylee Anthony, right down to looking in the woods but only finding a snake because he was in the wrong place...

I also have a hard time believing that in the days immediately after the kindapping, some stranger could just call the family home repeatedly and talk to various members at will without LE being involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay