TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad this case has just become so silent...

Too silent, scary silent. Holly disappeared a month ago and there is so little media coverage of her disappearance.

I fear she, like many many others will never be found.

Her parents pain must be unbearable.
How do they go on each day? I don't know if I could get out of bed if one of my loved ones was missing.
I hope LE is keeping in touch with Holly's parents.

Recently my husband's debit card was used far, far away, and I mean far away in another state. Problem was he still had his card on him and doesn't use it online. We had been at a certain discount store (which I won't name) that afternoon. The following day his "card #" was used in this other state at the same discount store. I called the store we had gone to and spoke to the manager. He was surprised as several other customers had had the same exact thing happen to them. He said I bet it is one of our employees selling numbers from the debit cards. He had them on video. I went to the PD and told them all this. You know the response I got, "Well, just don't go to that store anymore".

I think LE gets so many tips they are completely overwhelmed and yes that piece to the puzzle may be in a stack somewhere just like when Sarah Townsend's body was in the very pond they had searched earlier.

WoW plumeria that is scary, sad, and frustrating all at once.. But even sadder I must admit I am not shocked and I, too have just experienced something along this same vein. It just happened yesterday..

I was at the tanning bed( and yes I know many think to get in a tanning booth is no different than getting in a giant, supersized microwave..lol.. But there is one time of year that I go and that's before vacation.. So I don't fry while at the beach and then be miserable on vacation..lol.. So to me its worth it..)

I've tanned at the same locale since college just a little salon couple miles from our house..so I know the owner quite well an they are great people and run an excellent establishment.. Yesterday while I was actually in the tanning bed, my iPod on w/earbuds in drifting off for my little 20 min powernap(honestly that's what I look forward to the most is the nap..lol).. I was startled awake to screaming and doors slamming, I was up and outta that bed in no time flat, but couldn't immediately go out to see what was going on due to the fact I was not dressed.. So I yelled to the owner was everything ok.. Her answer no she was calling 911..that had me throwing clothes on and out the door to see whAt happened. I was sickened to find out what had taken place..

One of their long long time customers who tanned periodically, is well known highly respectable guy in our community with a long term job at one of the major phone carriers in the tri-state area.. He had came into to tan and once she'd put him in his designated room for him to tan.. Well instead of doing any tanning this guy had a whole other agenda in mind...peeping over the walls at ladies undressing, nude, getting in/out of tanning bed, and undress and redress.. Absolutely un-freakin-believable!!
The owners husband just happened to stop by at that very moment and he just happened to walk to a certain spot in the salon where In his direct line of view was this man's torso up was pulled up with him getting a full view down into the room adjacent to his(all of course with her having no knowledge This man is there and watching her..)..:shivers down spine:

The husband says nothing but rather sprints to the door of the man's room and he literally kicked in the door off it's hinges..thus of course startled the sicko who had an entire obstacle course built of chairs, boxes, etc literally stacked onto the not so sturdy top to the tanning bed.. He went down to the ground and there was a very brief struggle btwn he and the hubby and he wrangled himself free and made a run for it.. In his company vehicle and high tailing it outta the lot before police arrive from the wife's call she'd already made..

When LE got there she had the man's entire info(including contact #/home address/work address)pulled up and printed off ready to hand over to LE so they'd know exactly where to go arrest him once she and hubby filled out police report and wanting to have charges filed..

Well.. Much like the response that you all got over the stolen debit card purchases was the disgusting reality of what we learned next..

First LE stated there was no actual charge that they could use to arrest him with and then refused even to take the printed off info she had with the perp's address/phone numbers.. Saying there was no reason for them to have or see the info.. What?? I mean really what the hell??

And then lastly the biggest kicker of all she said that if this person was stupid enough to come back and attempt to tan there that they would meet him at the door informing he is no longer allowed on the premises or parking area of the salon and if he did not leave immediately or if he attempted to come back at another time that they will slap charges on his azz for trespassing..

The next words that came from the officer's mouth were the biggest shock of all..he informed her that she could not and would not be doing anything of the sort( what I just detailed above about his being banned from the premises).. That she by law could not do anything nor even say anything to this perp and that by law he could still frequent her establishment!!!! And that if she chose to do so anyway and disregard LE warning to not ban, threaten or anything else that would be inflammatory in nature toward this man that she could be the one ended up with charges filed on her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And with that LE was on it's way out and on to the next call..

Truly despicable if you ask me!!! And I am outraged by this. As I said just happened less than 24 hours ago so I've yet to have been able to research a little and find out if what LE has stated is actually true and that theres nothing that can be done to the perp.. His rights are the ones take into consideration.. To hell with the violated victim in this case that he was leering over a wall to watch as she undressed/ redressed.. These perp's have all the rights and the victims are just revictimized by the way the system is run..

IT IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

Wow, SmoothOperator, that is one crazy story. I can't believe the response from LE to this criminal act. The victim in this case needs to file charges or report the abuse. I know I would. She would have an eyewitness in the owner of the salon.

I have very high regard for LE as a general rule. I think most all of them have the best intentions and sacrifice greatly for the jobs they do. However, I have also seen some of them turn a blind eye to criminal behavior committed by locals...usually its someone well-known and "respected" in the community or their children. Most often, this happens in smaller communities, where officers have known everyone in the community their entire lives and have close connections to their family members (after all, these citizens were their preachers, teachers, barbers, grocers, bankers, etc.).

I think that this might be a factor in the Bobo case, although in a limited way. Perhaps the "local" that they have in mind (or is there more than one local?) has a long-standing history in the community...and they must have their "ducks in a row" in order to proceed with any type of an arrest.

Smooth Operator, I'm shocked and revolted that there is nothing local LE can or will do about this creep. However, I wouldn't let them stop me from banning this guy from my establishment.

Seems to me that what he did is a clear First Amendment violation. While it's true there is no explicit mention of right to privacy, it has been consistently upheld by the SCOTUS. Were I the owner, I would have my attorney send this loser a cease and desist letter, warning him that evidence could be forwarded to the appropriate federal authorities should he fail to comply.

I know that doctors tanning isn't good for you, but I don't think this is what they meant.

This has been a year of great tragedy already, with national and international disasters and even as I type, people in Louisiana and surrounding states are awaiting flood waters that may destroy their properties, income, homes, etc..just a whole lot of people in need, in dire straights, mourning losses from the storms that hit the Alabama area etc.

My sister just had to write an story for her paper for a beautiful young woman who was killed in her apartment in Alabama, just weeks before her graduation from UAB. She was huddling with her dog, trying to protect herself and her pet, and both were thrown against the wall and killed.

All I am saying is that for Holly to remain high on the list of priorities in the minds and hearts of the public, she needs to be kept alive in the news. Only LE and her family can really do this. Rumors are created due to lack of real information and the longer it goes on, ones like "she has been found, they have her in hiding" gain traction, when no one is talking. And then people start to forget, focus on other tragedies, other missing people, other issues.

I remember when it took LE a year and a half to find Megan Maxwell. I hope this is not the case for Holly's family.

Just checking in. I hope todayis the day Holly is found. Wish we would hear something. I can't belive a case that had so much community support has just fallen off the radar. I will give the LE the benefit of the doubt but I was admit that is wavering.

I'm not sure if this is allowed, so please forgive me Mods and delete if inappropriate; It would be interesting to read what [ in your opinion only ] is the profile of Holly's abductor. As in:
1) 25-35 yrs old
2) someone who sees Holly daily, that she would recognize but not know well
3) has a history of minor brushes w/ the law
4) is an avid hunter with survivalist skills
5) military background

MOO and pure speculation on my part

Hmmm Well this might not be much:

1) A male
2) 18-50 years old
3) had access to a vehicle, most likely with Tennessee plates (it didn't draw attention)
4) has unverified / uncorroborated whereabouts the early morning of April 13th
5) had a working knowledge of the area, either because he grew up there or he took the time to plan the attack and escape
6) A person who has not committed a similar crime before, this extremely complicated "walk a girl off of her own property (she knows much better than the perp) and expect LE to not be able to track them" idea is just outrageous and it is shocking that it has worked up to this point
7) someone who had the opportunity and time to discard holly's possessions across the region, again it points to someone who would give the police evidence in a effort to side track them (perp lacks any previous brushes with the law or he would have hidden/deastroyed all the evidence)

Sorry for the vague estimation but I don't have much information on which to base my opinion.

For me?

1) Male
2) 18-35
3) Someone who feels "privileged" and expects to get what he wants
4) Someone who is cocky
5) Someone who thinks he's a leader
6) Someone who thinks others will cover for him, defend him...because he's "deserving"
7) Someone who has had run-ins before..but never to this magnitude
8) Someone who is apathetic
9) Someone who will eventually brag

Smooth Operator, Have the owner go straight to the prosecutor and tell him they want to file charges against this guy. The police don't have to be involved. An individual can go straight to the prosecutor and file charges. jmo and I am sorry to be off topic. My computer wouldn't let me use Smooth's quote for some reason.

I haven't been able to find anything on something that's been bothering me...does anyone have any MSM or LE-based description of the person who kidnapped Holly, with anything that includes a gait or stance or anything like that? Is it possible that might contribute to the varying height descriptions such as stooping, standing straight up, limping, etc? TIA if anyone has found anything on this.

I haven't been able to find anything on something that's been bothering me...does anyone have any MSM or LE-based description of the person who kidnapped Holly, with anything that includes a gait or stance or anything like that? Is it possible that might contribute to the varying height descriptions such as stooping, standing straight up, limping, etc? TIA if anyone has found anything on this.

There isnt one...

"a man in full camouflage' is about it.

This case is becoming a major frustration for me. I worry for this girl, and I'm starting to lose hope that this case might have a happy ending. :(

My opinion only..

1) Male.
2) 32-42 y.o.
3) Acquaintance/co-worker of Dana Bobo or Clint Bobo...Knows Holly only as DB's daughter or CB's sister.
4) Has fantasized about HB in the past. This took a while to formulate in his head.
5) Living circumstances recently changed, i.e. divorce, elderly parent died or similar.
6) Hidden substance abuse issues. But most likely no criminal history.
7) Hunter/outdoorsman/good ole boy

I wonder if there are any unusual religious sects in that area?

I hope that I am doing this right....please forgive me if I mess up your post YellowDog.
I don't know the answer to that. Maybe??? I live in middle TN and idk of any around here but not sure that I would, and I certainly hope not. Anyone that would do anything like take a person for some religious purpose (in moo) wouldn't be part of some organized group that was really known to anyone besides it members....would it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time