TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With so many agencies, as well as attention from the governor (since early on he upped the reward), I think this case will not go cold for some time...

I like to think that FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit, as seen in the TV show "Criminal Minds", is the lead agency, and hope all the agencies are working together smoothly.

I don't think the governor's money is doing anything for this case. And, unfortunately, its chilling as we speak. Holly's name is moving further down the page, day by day.
Crimes are like fires...they need fuel to stay burning, at least in the public eye. The flames are dying out because no one is talking.

Still praying for a good outcome for Holly and her family.

I don't think the governor's money is doing anything for this case. And, unfortunately, its chilling as we speak. Holly's name is moving further down the page, day by day.
Crimes are like fires...they need fuel to stay burning, at least in the public eye. The flames are dying out because no one is talking.

Still praying for a good outcome for Holly and her family.

Maybe we should try again to contact Nancy Grace to report on this. If we could steer her away from the "Tot-Mom" circus, even for 15 minutes, it would at least put Holly's case on national TV again.

This has been recently speculated by who? I think Holly has already been harmed. I don't think any Bobo family statements or appearances will cuase any further harm to her. I think the Bobo's are likely just greiving and tired of trying to answering questions they don't have answers for. And if someone IS telling any members of the Bobo family not to make any statements it is more likely a lawyer for them rather than LE.

The speculation has been in the press....and you may be right. Holly may be deceased already. I have wondered this myself as time passes by and there is no visible sense of urgency in this case.

In the discussions about the Bobo's contacting a well-known psychic, the psychic herself said that she had been told that LE had asked the Bobo's not to use her services.

You can say the Bobo's are tired of questions, but what questions? No one has spoken to them or seen them at all. That is highly unusual in a missing-persons case. And why would the Bobo's need a lawyer to ask them to be quiet? I don't think there has been very much LE pressure on them. In most of these cases, we see parents and grandparents making public appeals on a regular basis. We see them appearing on TV news programs seeking information and help. We have seen none of that here. And I think its because LE has asked them not to speak out.
Who knows the reason....but I have my suspicions.....

Maybe we should try again to contact Nancy Grace to report on this. If we could steer her away from the "Tot-Mom" circus, even for 15 minutes, it would at least put Holly's case on national TV again.

Oddly Holly was supposed to be on but the show was mysteriously cancelled. Holly has not been on the other shows like JVM very much or at all. Aparently other shows or programs featuring her have been cancelled (due to LE pressure)? Something just isnt right. Ive never heard of a case where they did not want coverage. Im not saying a TV show has to spill every secret but NOTHING??? thts just weird. Its like someone flipped a switch somewhere and it dropped off the radar.

Ok this is my nutshell summary/observation/opinion...

Something about this case is different but has not been disclosed. Not sure what it is. It could be something in the family, something about Holly, or something about the suspect. Whatever it is, LE knows and it has not been made public. They knew it from day one. Now, when I say something in the family, I dont mean anything bad like a family member did it. But I cant put my finger on what it could be.

For example, and using this as an EXAMPLE... what if a family were in the witness protection program. LE and the news may treat an abduction quite differently than if it were just a "normal" family. Not saying thats whats going on here at all. But just somethng may be different.

Likewise if the family or LE knew a potential suspect in advance... things might be handled differently from the outset of the case.

So... Holly goes missing. Fortunately her brother sees her and the guy in camo. He calls 911 and based on aparently a small amount of blood found around the property, and perhaps a related 911 call reporting screams, a massive manhunt is initiated right away. Within hours they have a big search going with helicopters, dogs, etc. People in boats are going around ponds, hundreds or thousands of volunteers are called up. The gov and other funds fork out $80,000... this is all in just what 24-36 hours. THings are hot and heavy and progress is seemingly being made. Evidence is found, stuff is being tested. The searches slow down a bit because of weather, but even on Easter they are out, and stuff is found again. Supposedly its something important. BAM... no more searches. no more news releases. no interviews, press conferences. TV shows advertizing Hollys story are cancelled. nothing nothing nothing. Aparently outside help to the family is discouraged even if the family had initiated the help. LE asks for only serious help...

what is going on? what changed?

Sniped:

Something about this case is different but has not been disclosed. Not sure what it is....................

This is a very unusual case as you point out! The speed at which the Gov., FBI, TBI, all got involved is something I've never seen before...

Sniped:

This is a very unusual case as you point out! The speed at which the Gov., FBI, TBI, all got involved is something I've never seen before...

Yes for sure. Compared to down here. We have had at least two abductions I can think of where the victims were calling the cops right from the trunks of cars as they were being driven off and 911 never even forwarded the calls to LE. Yet here, with just a brief glance at a potential suspect and a small amount of unknown blood LE launches a huge manhunt within hours. Let alone the involvement of different agencies, vast numbers of volunteer searchers, the huge reward offered instantly.

We have a missing lady down here that vanished a month or two back and I think they just put up $10,000 for her. And thats after a long time!

Sniped:

I still think it goes back to what makes up the case. Right when I heard about it I instantly thought WOW!

-Someone stalked a person in the middle of a rural area and abducted her at 7am.

- She was then guided into a wooded area instead of a car.

-There is a witness to the abduction!

- They can track the people in the woods by using either trackers or dogs and find out which direction they are going.

- The Sheriff's department is doing an exemplary job of releasing images and info right away to get the local population looking.

- She has a high chance of being recovered because of all of these thoughts, send in the calvary and let's get her back!

Honestly, the likelihood of someone glancing out a window right when a person is being abducted is slim and it is a huge element that separates this case from so many others (except the ones in which the victim called 911 from the trunk of a car that Carla Lashelle mentioned). There was so much less ambiguity as to when she was abducted, and what happened. I thought for sure they would have something big by now, and I sincerely hope they do.

Sometimes I think that LE is doing this "blackout" in order to coax the perp.(s) to emerge from their hiding places and attend to their various "tasks." Or, LE is waiting for someone who claims to have no memory of something to wake up from that memory lapse and provide details. And then again, there are the legal impediments to consider.

I would have thought that technology and understanding of abductions would have progressed to a more advanced level by now, in other words, tipping the scale to the advantage of the victims and investigators rather than the perps.

If there is a "justification" for this blackout, then what is it?

I have no idea.

I keep on checking here just wishing for anything.

I have no idea.

I keep on checking here just wishing for anything.
me too... I have done searches on any news during the court breaks in Caylee's case....

so sad no news... no arrests... I hope they are on to something

Who in this mess is related to a state or county figure? Could the suspect be in LE themselves?
Someone got these people moving--and fast?
What is the "hitch in their get along" that had everyone jumping?

Sniped:

I've thought about those things too, and the governor adding to the reward so quickly made me wonder "Why this case"? Two of the theories I've had rolling around in my head as possible reasons for that are:

1. The suspect is either in LE or has a close working relationship with LE officials.

2. They believe the suspect crossed state lines.

Either of those scenarios could justify an increase in the reward fund, and the blackout of information also fits, especially for theory #1.

Something about this case is different but has not been disclosed. Not sure what it is. It could be something in the family, something about Holly, or something about the suspect. Whatever it is, LE knows and it has not been made public. They knew it from day one. Now, when I say something in the family, I dont mean anything bad like a family member did it. But I cant put my finger on what it could be.

For example, and using this as an EXAMPLE... what if a family were in the witness protection program. LE and the news may treat an abduction quite differently than if it were just a "normal" family. Not saying thats whats going on here at all. But just somethng may be different.

Likewise if the family or LE knew a potential suspect in advance... things might be handled differently from the outset of the case.

So... Holly goes missing. Fortunately her brother sees her and the guy in camo. He calls 911 and based on aparently a small amount of blood found around the property, and perhaps a related 911 call reporting screams, a massive manhunt is initiated right away. Within hours they have a big search going with helicopters, dogs, etc. People in boats are going around ponds, hundreds or thousands of volunteers are called up. The gov and other funds fork out $80,000... this is all in just what 24-36 hours. THings are hot and heavy and progress is seemingly being made. Evidence is found, stuff is being tested. The searches slow down a bit because of weather, but even on Easter they are out, and stuff is found again. Supposedly its something important. BAM... no more searches. no more news releases. no interviews, press conferences. TV shows advertizing Hollys story are cancelled. nothing nothing nothing. Aparently outside help to the family is discouraged even if the family had initiated the help. LE asks for only serious help...

what is going on? what changed?

I agree with this Carla. From the very beginning this case was different and felt different. I did expect quick results by LE. I have believed all along that LE and family had specific and significant information. They seemed to know exactly what they were looking at. I don't think this has changed. The information they found Easter weekend seems to have CONFIRMED to them that they were right all along. Thus limiting further action!??????? It does seem that that is exactly what I am seeing but am at a loss to explain! But then you all know that all of this is just my opinion.... I have no more facts than you do. (maybe they are waiting him/them out.)

I disagree with a lot of opinions here, I don't think this case is much different from most as far as the behaviour of the authorities (other than the Governor getting involved). I hate to say it but I think the reason LE hasn't said much is that there isn't much to say. In such a relatively sparsely populated area they can't expect many witnesses. And a massive amount of searching was done which may have only turned up 2 items (the lunchpail, what possibly is a phone and maybe the duct tape). They have made general statements asking for tips, including rumors, which doesn't fill me with confidence. My guess is that they might have people or a person in mind as a possible perp but are basically in the dark looking for a direction. Like in the Shawn Hornbeck case, where the only guy they were seriously looking at was a guy who has mental issues and thus made an effort to insert himself in the case. LE only arrested Shawn's abductor after he took another child and at that point LE realized the real perp was someone who had not been on their radar at all.

One thing I've seen in many of these cases is that as LE get more frustrated they tend to release a little more info desperately hoping for something...the description of Morgan Harrington's necklace, Somer Thompson's lunchbox and the location where Terri Horman parked in from of the school...all of those bits of info were released months after the disappearances. We'll see if that happens.

The one thing that's weird to me is the family not making public pleas but that may have more to do with the personality of the family than anything else, I don't know. At first I thought the Bring Them Home internet radio show family friend interview was shut down by the TBI but the host did say it was at the request of the family. Maybe the family believes they can do more through the community directly and through the church than through the media. My guess is that the perp is from a little farther away than most think he is though. I also think he's probably a little older than most might think also.

I agree with Chilii Fries. I don't think this is a case of something "bigger than we know" or anything like that, other than in the sense that they DON'T know what they have. And I don't believe the TBI is hushing the family or the media. If anything, to me it seems more like an LE department used to doing their thing without having to release info, so they aren't. This case just happens to have more eyes on it than most.

i'm suprised to see how many people think the family may not be talking of their own accord, i certainly cant say for sure but i thought it was quite clear they werent talking by direction of LE.

My guess is they know who, are watching him, they want to find her before arrest because they don't have enough or don't have anything to arrest him on. Following up probably thousands of leads, and those leads were getting way to many to handle. Perhaps the profile changed, and indeed they don't want to give this guy the media coverage to help flush him out or even go to where Holly is. MOO

If my DD was missing I would probably be very quiet and withdrawn for a short while, then I would come out swinging. You would be able to hear me for miles. I might not make much sense but the public would know more about me than they would need! I would never turn on my computer however! I would not want to see all of my family's life drug through the mud. But I would probably be the one that adds the fuel to the fire by putting myself out there. That is just me. On the other hand I have a brother who although he would lay down his life for his girls is so private that no one would probably ever see a picture of him or hear a word about him. WE don't talk about his life in our family (except when he can't hear us!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery