DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what to make of this:

"Parents of Holly Bobo Sought Help from a Psychic"
http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979318604

This brings up another point, while "" appears under Google News - should it really be considered a news source?

I don't know if it's a news source but anyone who tries to validate someone by saying they have been on Tru Tv just sounds foolish to me. Tru Tv is the home of a bunch of FAKE TV shows made to look like reality shows like REPO MAN and such.

"It's not reality it's ACTuality".. you know the slogan

with the emphasis on ACTing

BAD ACTing

It occurred to me to today, out of nowhere, what is likely an obvious point, but, I thought I would state it anyway.

A hunter hunts. If the perp was "hunting" or stalking Holly, they would have had a good idea of the surroundings. This would include her brother being home (whether that was unexpected or not). Just makes me wonder.......

For me?

1) Male
2) 18-35
3) Someone who feels "privileged" and expects to get what he wants
4) Someone who is cocky
5) Someone who thinks he's a leader
6) Someone who thinks others will cover for him, defend him...because he's "deserving"
7) Someone who has had run-ins before..but never to this magnitude
8) Someone who is apathetic
9) Someone who will eventually brag

In other words... A TRUE NARCISSIST OF THE ABSOLUTE WORST KIND!!!..

when reading your possible profile of the perp I don't think it could describe any closer to a textbook Narcissist..and as many know who follow any type of True Crime these days Narcissism is almost always present in these most twisted of individuals perpetrating innocent victims.. It just further plays into their justification of why they had to commit the crime.. and also sometimes in a sense blaming the victim.. sick but true IMO..

I'd say its likely your profile does possibly describe the perp in this case..

It occurred to me to today, out of nowhere, what is likely an obvious point, but, I thought I would state it anyway.

A hunter hunts. If the perp was "hunting" or stalking Holly, they would have had a good idea of the surroundings. This would include her brother being home (whether that was unexpected or not). Just makes me wonder.......

Hi wondergirl! Would you mind furthering your thoughts??.. My curiosity is piqued at what it is you are getting at??
Thanks in Advance:)

So, here's a thought for all other late night posters....

This is a very small town (Parsons area). Many families have lived there for years and years. As such, many families are related to some of the other older, larger families in town somewhere down the line.

Wondering if police might be thinking of using a strategy to do familial comparison DNA testing? (That is, if they have or ever get DNA, we don't know.) Might it work?

For example, if I were the lead investigator, could I ask say 100 men in town to voluntarily provide DNA samples. Maybe only 50 agree to do this. I run the perp's DNA against all 50 samples. The analysis shows that none are an exact match, but the perp's sample is most strongly related to Mr. J, Mr. Q. and Mr. X. A search of vital records shows that all three of these men have one pair of ancestors in common....Mr. and Mrs. Doe, who died around 1930. Let's say there are about 250 living descendants of this couple. Let's say only about 180 still live or have ever lived in the area. 90 are males. 5 are excluded for being over the age of 70 and 20 are excluded for being under the age of 15. Of the 65 remaining, the list is whittled down further....the school bus driver has an air tight alibi, and so does the swim team coach, etc. You could really narrow down your list of possible suspects pretty quickly, no?

PS to Grandmaj.....I'm running for "most improved" lol...;)

Still think about Holly all the time. I can't believe how odd this has all become. My thought for the night is this.... I read that the family has consulted with a psychic. I am not meaning to criticize the family in any way; I've said a bunch of times that I have no idea what I'd do in their situation. I believe everyone in the family is completely innocent and devastated, and I feel horrible for them. Having said that, instead of using a psychic (which is certainly their prerogative), I wish that they had consulted with maybe Texas Equusearch or a private investigator. Although I love TES, at this point I'm not sure they'd find much that hasn't already been found, so I think a PI would be a good choice. Then again, no one asked me. I just want to see some progress....

It has been recently speculated that LE has informed the Bobo family to refrain from any statements, public appearances, and from contacting psychics or other outside investigators because they are concerned that the perp will be offended or angered by what is said and might harm Holly, if she is still living. Since we have heard so little from the family, we can only assume that LE has asked for their silence.
I am hoping that whatever information TBI has is valid enough to ask this of the family....since it would be difficult for any family to remain so quiet while their daughter's case falls by the wayside and out of the public's eye.

It has been recently speculated that LE has informed the Bobo family to refrain from any statements, public appearances, and from contacting psychics or other outside investigators because they are concerned that the perp will be offended or angered by what is said and might harm Holly, if she is still living. Since we have heard so little from the family, we can only assume that LE has asked for their silence.
I am hoping that whatever information TBI has is valid enough to ask this of the family....since it would be difficult for any family to remain so quiet while their daughter's case falls by the wayside and out of the public's eye.

This has been recently speculated by who? I think Holly has already been harmed. I don't think any Bobo family statements or appearances will cuase any further harm to her. I think the Bobo's are likely just greiving and tired of trying to answering questions they don't have answers for. And if someone IS telling any members of the Bobo family not to make any statements it is more likely a lawyer for them rather than LE.

My very general profile of the perp in this case:
Male (we all knew that).
18-34 (I do feel that age estimate might end on the high side, he is likely in his 20's.)
Comfortable in the area, not just of Parsons but of Holly's home specifically.
Has access to a vehicle, even though it might not be in his name.
Has likely had interaction with the courts, but this may be in the form of civil communication (child support filing, ex girlfriend that filed a restraining order) as opposed to a real criminal record and police contact.
Likely has a history of alcohol or substance abuse, not to the point of being in rehab or treatment, more likely that he is just seen as "the life of the party", but those close to him may have the knowledge that he has a serious problem.
He is likely on the fringes of his own community, not anticipating the response of the community in Holly's case.
He has likely talked himself up, mentioning how smart this guy must be not to have been caught by now, what a genius they are up against.

Wish we would hear some new developments in this case. I'm praying Holly is still alive. Where are you Holly?????

Hi wondergirl! Would you mind furthering your thoughts??.. My curiosity is piqued at what it is you are getting at??
Thanks in Advance:)

Sure, Smooth.

It's possible that the POI is a hunter.

A true hunter, and/or stalker, would have been WATCHING Holly that day, and presumably would have been WATCHING prior to that day.

A true hunter and/or stalker, would have realized that Holly's brother was home that day, I think.

So, this could mean several things, really:

-Carelessness

-It was not obvious that her brother was home (or it seemed like he WASN'T home)

-Perp was wearing camo, but, was NOT REALLY a hunter and/or stalker

-Perp acted impulsively, and spur of the moment, rather than planned, deliberate and opportune

With so many agencies, as well as attention from the governor (since early on he upped the reward), I think this case will not go cold for some time...

I like to think that FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit, as seen in the TV show "Criminal Minds", is the lead agency, and hope all the agencies are working together smoothly.

This is pure agony!!!! Holly's poor family :( I really wish that le would release more info. I am just shocked at the fact that all of the forums post regarding Holly are pretty much dead...I guess I shouldn't be shocked though...there really isn't anything else to discuss. This is actually the first missing persons case that I have followed. It has totally consumed my life and now I am hard pressed to find anything about Holly anywhere and that makes me so sad! I guess I need to start distancing myself somewhat. I really did believe at the beginning that this would be solved rather quickly...never dreamed it would be on my mind 24/7 for over a month. Such a shame. I will think of Holly often but need to get back into my life(before my family has a come apart).

Thanks everyone for allowing me to read your thoughts and express mine. I'll check back from time to time. Wishing everyone the best and still hoping for a miracle.

I don't know if it's a news source but anyone who tries to validate someone by saying they have been on Tru Tv just sounds foolish to me. Tru Tv is the home of a bunch of FAKE TV shows made to look like reality shows like REPO MAN and such.

"It's not reality it's ACTuality".. you know the slogan

with the emphasis on ACTing

BAD ACTing

Mon. thru Fri. from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. Eastern, TruTV carries actual court proceedings, it's called InSession. Very interesting. All the other stuff you mentioned comes after InSession goes off for the day. I don't like the fake reality shows, either, and I think when it was CourtTV it was much better.

I would think that the guy who has her is also "missing" from his friends, job, family, or normal contacts. Unless of course, he's already killed her and disposed of her body. I hope this is not the case, but is it possible this guy has her locked up somewhere and can just go about his normal day to day business?

Holly where r u? I keep checking and waiting for something anything. This is depressing...So many cases I'm following, but none of them have been solved. Just out in Limbo.

So, here's a thought for all other late night posters....

This is a very small town (Parsons area). Many families have lived there for years and years. As such, many families are related to some of the other older, larger families in town somewhere down the line.

Wondering if police might be thinking of using a strategy to do familial comparison DNA testing? (That is, if they have or ever get DNA, we don't know.) Might it work?

For example, if I were the lead investigator, could I ask say 100 men in town to voluntarily provide DNA samples. Maybe only 50 agree to do this. I run the perp's DNA against all 50 samples. The analysis shows that none are an exact match, but the perp's sample is most strongly related to Mr. J, Mr. Q. and Mr. X. A search of vital records shows that all three of these men have one pair of ancestors in common....Mr. and Mrs. Doe, who died around 1930. Let's say there are about 250 living descendants of this couple. Let's say only about 180 still live or have ever lived in the area. 90 are males. 5 are excluded for being over the age of 70 and 20 are excluded for being under the age of 15. Of the 65 remaining, the list is whittled down further....the school bus driver has an air tight alibi, and so does the swim team coach, etc. You could really narrow down your list of possible suspects pretty quickly, no?

PS to Grandmaj.....I'm running for "most improved" lol...;)

Very good thoughts! Seems like a project which might produce some results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23