TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my opinions only, no facts here

Yet I will bet you that there are numerous cases ten or more years old where key evidence is withheld so as to increase the chance for a future conviction. And this may define the conflict- law enforcement is naturally concerned about a sucessful conviction, whereas sleuths just want to uncover who the most likely suspect is.
-------------------
IMO - Your opinion would require a presupposition that LE has determined that Holly is no longer alive.

I remember in the Dru Sjodin case, we all knew when the statement was made that it was now a Recovery mission, that she was not alive.

How LE arrived at that determination was a guessing game. Did they find her body? Not at that point.

So, perhaps LE does know that Holly is no longer alive. How would they know this?

Did they find her body?

Did LE get positive affirmation that the hair sample was hers and there was a death ring or band on that hair?

Or is it a confession?
--------------------
I don't think that LE can shift gears to a Recovery from a Rescue without having conclusive proof, right?

If they know it is a Recovery mission, can LE legally withhold that information? If so, for what period of time?

-------------------
IMO - Your opinion would require a presupposition that LE has determined that Holly is no longer alive.

I remember in the Dru Sjodin case, we all knew when the statement was made that it was now a Recovery mission, that she was not alive.

How LE arrived at that determination was a guessing game. Did they find her body? Not at that point.

So, perhaps LE does know that Holly is no longer alive. How would they know this?

Did they find her body?

Did LE get positive affirmation that the hair sample was hers and there was a death ring or band on that hair?

Or is it a confession?
--------------------
I don't think that LE can shift gears to a Recovery from a Rescue without having conclusive proof, right?

If they know it is a Recovery mission, can LE legally withhold that information? If so, for what period of time?

Great questions and I would love to know the answers as well! I have been following this case since the get-go but like many others hashing the same ground over and over....without any new information it gets discouraging. Doesn't ever stop me from praying for Holly and her family and friends. Also never stops me from thinking about the case.

There's a pattern that emerges in many cases here at WS. When the information slows to a trickle, people will re-hash old info. (and many times things that were rumors start to be held as a fact). People then get frustrated and start to fuss at each other. It becomes very counterproductive. I check on a variety of cases every morning looking for any tidbit of info. only to find none (Alivia, Kenia, the Russells, etc.). Sometimes, patience is the only thing left after weeks/months of no news.

While on this topic - do you find that as time goes on and there is lack of news, the tendency it to then accuse family members and LE? Also, rumors become more far fetched....
Just IMO

Many of us have read other forums about what the locals are saying concerning certain persons who were in Holly's life in the past. In fact, some of our very first posts from the beginning were addressing if Holly had an ex-boyfriend, additionally one who had been abusive to her. We never got any answers from mainstream media. So, we moved on to other possible POI's. You begin expanding outward, into ever-widening circles.

Here's my central question in this regard:

Were any of the people in Holly's present or past family/friend circle absent from their regular jobs/routines during the time Holly has been missing?

Many of us have read other forums about what the locals are saying concerning certain persons who were in Holly's life in the past. In fact, some of our very first posts from the beginning were addressing if Holly had an ex-boyfriend, additionally one who had been abusive to her. We never got any answers from mainstream media. So, we moved on to other possible POI's. You begin expanding outward, into ever-widening circles.

Were any of the people in Holly's present or past family/friend circle absent from their regular jobs/routines during the time Holly has been missing?

I seriously doubt that we will get that question answered. All of the locals have gone from here and I'm sure that if they had that answer, they would be posting about it in other places. At least here you can't place blame on a person before they are arrested. On a lot of boards, including Facebook, you can say whatever you want and it literally could destroy lives. That's why I don't even bother to read those places...it's a waste of time for me.

I do agree with you on most of what you said. I just have heard so many outrageous rumors that although you and I might be able to see them for what they are, there is always a worry that someone might not see it as a rumor and run with it. I think that a lot of what people are frustrated about is that they don't understand the tightness of a small southern community such as this and try to compare it to some other big city or even suburban city. LE is SO different in these areas and if they don't want someone to know something, by golly, no one will know it.

I think that a huge part of this is that you just can't compare this case to anything we have seen recently. And, for people that watch CSI and other crime dramas, they feel that a month is just way too long for a case to be solved. I agree that it is frustrating, but I wouldn't read too much into the fact that LE isn't saying anything. Just my thoughts.

I agree with you, there are some outrageous rumors flying around, but after reading all that I've read about this case so far I don't get the same impression of Clint as the media portrays him to be. If this case turns out bad I can only imagine the pain this young man will live with the rest of his life because he was the last one to see her. I also get the impression that it's not the family that wants to stay quiet, but rather its LE who's squashing everything and telling them not to say anything. The media has made a big deal about Clint's stories changing and a big deal about the family not saying a word, but in reality its probably not as it seems. You and I can pick the facts from the rumors and weigh it against what we know, but there are some that will run with it as they hear it to be fact when its not. I don't know about you but I'm already starting to see where LE is going with this and its comes from years of being in the field to understand which I know you have been. You and I understand each other pretty well.

From what I've read LE has been all over these folks and interviewed them, but what kind of conclusion LE has drawn from these interviews the public is not going to hear about. You certainly cannot believe everything you hear from mainstream media either. I think mainstream media blew Clint's account of that morning out of porportion as well.

I haven't really changed my thinking since the beginning, FWIW.

From day 4 (I think it was day 4 - when I found this case) ... I have thought that it was someone local who knew Holly and her family well, knew family schedules, and Holly's schedule. Holly was the target, the family knows who did this, and nothing in LE's investigation has yet ruled against the most obvious theory and profile that LE has come up with.

Because they believe they know what happened to Holly, the family keeps tight, and quiet, supported by the close community & their church. Because LE believes the best course of action is to remain tight-lipped during their investigation, they do so.

IMO, "one clue away" is a warning shot, to someone in particular - and it means exactly that.

If they had no idea who did this to Holly, they would not be "one clue away from finding Holly".

Investigators said each new day brings many new leads and sometimes new information. While they're still not naming suspects, they said they are getting closer.

"They're needing one piece of the puzzle," said Bromley. "Someone knows something, and when they find that, I believe we will find Holly."

reporter says the Bobos are "still not stable enough to speak".

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27874752/detail.html

(that's just a quote reference for one clue away - older news)

I do notice that Bromley - referring to someone knowing something that would provide the one clue - he was specifically referring to the clue that would "find Holly". Bromley did NOT say, the clue that would "find who did this to Holly".

You could take that a couple of different ways, I suppose. My feeling & the way I interpret it (not that I'm right) - is that that they know who did this, they need the evidence - the body.

IMO, they've interrogated their top suspect(s) ... suspects have lawyered up ... and it's a "prove it" case now.

:cow:

As for someone varying from routine ... my thinking is ... it's someone who had no particular routine ... that anyone could pinpoint ... for the times in question ... but they sure as heck had an ATV and camo. And I'll just moo some more.

This thread has turned into a rumor thread and we are not going down that path. Don't talk about other blogs, forums or FB here if you are not allowed to link. If you can't link you cannot discuss.

This is WS. Do the research, bring the link or stop generalized discussion about the rumors you are reading elsewhere.

Links!!!!!!!

You're probably right Em. If there is a report pertanent to the case its probably not likely we can get our hands on it. I agree with you that LE more than likely knows who is involved and its a matter of proving their case now. At least that's instinct impression I'm getting and you are right if the perp(s) have lawyered up its going to make things even more tougher for LE to get answers out of the perp(s).

If LE has a suspect in their sights, meaning they physically know where he is, that is not good news as far as Holly goes. And maybe that is why the family is not talking, if they do not believe there is much reason to believe she is "out there" being held someplace.

Well, that's not exactly the way it is. Many of us care very much about this girl and check in here day after day. Right now speculation may be running rampant but real clues are scarce. I prefer to read cases with verified facts, and the police in this case are being very tight with their information.

So it's not about who is a real sleuth or not, but just a lull in the case.

Also there are so many other cases unresolved right now that it wouldn't be fair to say that we've "given up" on them. On the contrary - all of them are driving us to distraction for lack of something credible to discuss.

And the main thing is, we want these people to be found!!! :banghead:
amen! and I might add that none of us have "given up"

I know LE asked the public to look for people washing cars, ATV's, people selling them etc. But, IMO they were asking us to do what all investigators do in these types of cases. Which is, be on the look out for unusual behavior, obsessive cleaning of vehicles, etc.

Having said that, my hunch is there was never an ATV involved with from the start. An ATV would have been loud, and would have either required loading into a transport vehicle, or it would have had to have been ditched somewhere so it couldn't be connected to the crime. Also, while you could transport a second person on an ATV, if the second person was un-willing you would have to secure them on the vehicle with zip ties, hand cuffs, something. Doing so, would have taken extra time.

IMO, taking the risk that no one heard the ATV would be too great, having to dispose of it afterward, and having to try and secure an un-willing person onto it from the start is just way to troublesome for someone trying to make a quick get away.

In looking at aerial shots of the Bobo property, a person would have less than a 3 minute walk to the edge of a road way (to a parked car) from any place on the edge of those woods. A short walk through the woods to a waiting car would have been the fastest 'out' and get-away for an abductor. Also, from photo's of the Bobo home I've seen posted online, it appears that there is a barbed wire fence running in front of the property just near the road. An ATV would have had to navigate around that, taking even more time, whereas a person walking would have had to just slip through the fence, onto the other side and into a vehicle and down the road they go.

IMO, it just seems more likely that whoever took Holly, made off with her in a vehicle, not an ATV.

Is it possible that someone could've approached her that morning telling her that someone was hurt in the woods and they needed help? Knowing she was in nursing school she would've gone with them immediately. This would've been there way if getting get to go with them without her putting up a fight in the garage. If the blood found isn't her's then they could've used blood in them to convince her that someone was hurt and needed help. This is just a different scenario that I thought about. Only my opinion from brainstorming about her case

I am not "local", but I am certainly in one of those "surrounding communities" that often get mentioned. A little different perspective, perhaps? We who live here have a vested interest in believing that our LEO are in the game, and as good, or better than LEO anywhere else. When this case slips into the distant memories of people (no matter the outcome), WE still have to live here and believe they are doing everything within their power to keep our families and communities safe.

Secondly, not knowing the abductor in this case is more than a little unnerving. After all that's been said, he/she could be living right next door. I was painfully reminded this week that this is a PUBLIC forum.

Given all the tags for the search engines, it wouldn't be difficult for ANYBODY to read and possibly deduce who it is that's actually posting here. You and I managed to find our way here, didn't we? Why would anybody risk inflaming this already violent person? You just never know what's going to set somebody off.

That's my two cents....

No offense meant, so please don't take it that way but we've heard this theory quite a few times on here and while anything could have happened, and since we don't really know much, you could be right, I'm just not buying into that. I think people think just because she was a nursing student that she wouldn't still be people smart. I'm a nurse and while I'd want to help people that may be hurt, the first thing I think most of us would do is call 911.

Everyone,

I realize there hasn't been any news lately in this case and it stinks. I agree. But there have been way too many posts removed here lately due to rumors and idle gossip on the internet. That's not what we are about here at Websleuths.

If it keeps up, I'm going to be forced to look at the posts individually and I don't want to have to do that. Please post responsibly.

Thank you!

IMO, it just seems more likely that whoever took Holly, made off with her in a vehicle, not an ATV.

Clipped by me.

Great points in your post. I completely agree. Especially think of how visible someone in a pink shirt (most likely bright pink) would be in the woods on an ATV. I know that would be very memorable to anyone that caught a glimpse of it.

The position of the perp's vehicle is an issue. Swan Johnson Rd. is rather narrow, or aerial photos would make it seem. A vehicle off to the side of the road would have been noticeable to the neighbors. The perp could have parked west on dirt roads that criss cross other properties but it is about a half mile hike in a densely wooded area.

It is just another puzzle in the mystery.

"Blood curdling scream" is how I had seen it worded.

4th comment from the top and 3rd comment from the bottom.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/comments?type=user&loginCode={427D25C6-9A69-4159-BE92-9B7C52EE1012}

And Smooth, I saw it within about 24-36 hours of Holly's abduction, the next day.

Which is why I had no issue believing the initial accounts of "dragged" into the woods.

When reporters were saying "according to the police report she was dragged into the woods" and the family reacted like they did... it made perfect sense.

But yes... we have heard before that she screamed. Definitely remember that.

Thanks MsFacetious for your reply with the link that this indeed was reported early on[main reason I questioned it was because I had not heard it and thought with it seeming to more recently come to light with I just wasn't gonna be sure about its validity..but knowing it has been out there since early on I believe it to be most likely true as well as accurate]..

So with that said ITA with your statement above about it correlating with what we first heard when the story broke[i.e. that Holly was "dragged"into the woods].. my problem is that we now know that was never said by CB and that even LE has gone as far as to publicly state that this was never said by CB and that a more accurate description would be she looked as tho she was being led into the woods..knowing this IMO the blood curdling scream and uncontrollable crying now IMO does not correlate with what took place in those first few minutes into Holly's abduction..

Originally posted by norest4thewicked
Yes, this had come out early. And...exactly the way that I would react if it had been my child...

As I touched on above this reaction correlates with the original story of her being "dragged" into the woods..so yes I, too would have a similar reaction if that was what I was told..

We now know this is not what was told.. And the truth of what was described that morning was very much benign in comparison..Not only do we have LE stating that Clint Bobo infect did not ever use the description that he saw his sister "dragged into the woods" but rather looked out and saw her walking into the woods as if being led by whom he thought was her boyfriend.. As I said extremely benign in comparison..Not only do I believe that is the more accurate story of how CB first described what he saw that morning because LE publicly stated such..but more importantly I believe it because if I am to believe that CB originally looked out a window and saw his sister walking towards the woods with whom he thought was her boyfriend and thought NOTHING OF IT AT THAT TIME..for me to believe that is true then it would have to be as we have been told[not dragged but rather walking with boyfriend..meaning he saw nothing that alarmed him or that he thought was anything out of the ordinary]..and thus we know that it was until a short time later because of other things coming to light[those I do not believe have been clarified for certain in a specific order but they were: a possible call from a neighbor or from his mom relaying the info about hearing a scream coming from direction of their home by a neighbor..him then going outside seeing his sister's car is still there, etc, etc.. which as we know is what seems to have gotten the ball rolling with getting LE involved..

So, in now knowing that Clint did not see some traumatic act such as his sister being dragged into the woods and that infact what he saw was "at that time" seemingly nothing out of the ordinary and a common every day occurrence that he went on about his business..

In knowing this there are several who feel that now putting the blood curdling, uncontrollable screaming and crying at the school does not seem to correlate.. and along with adding in that this was within moments just minutes of this all having taken place[i.e. Karen Bobo left home at 7am..Holly last seen outside at 7:30am..and Karen Bobo back home when LE arrives on scene at the home just shy of 8am..and FYI it is 26 mins to travel from school to back home for Karen Bobo]..knowing all of that we are talking within literal moments of CB having seen his sister walking towards woods with who thought was boyfriend..literally moments..and the reaction to that was blood curdling, uncontrollable screaming and crying..

Given what we know now to be the accurate description of what was seen that morning along with it only being moments prior.. To several of us it seems quite odd..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon