TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I see your point. For some reason I keep assuming she screamed when she was grabbed in the carport. If that's what happened.

If she was being led off by the arm and the brother was watching, thinking it was her boyfriend, I doubt there was a scream at that time. The perp could have caught her off guard and stunned her (the blood) somehow with no time to scream.

It is possible she screamed when he attempted to incapacitate her (duct tape, trunk, etc.)

I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but.... I am exhausted and with all of the threads on Holly, I can't possibly re-read all of them.

Possibly the silence stems from a ransom call, or threats from the kidnapper to the family. I wonder if the father, mother, or brother could have made an individual(s) angry through their work, school, etc. Could possibly be that they do not want media coverage because they know she is alive and is being held somewhere. They wouldn't want information on their progress being reported where the kidnapper(s) would have access to that information. Just a thought. Sorry if this has already been discussed. :twocents:

What would explain LE calling off local searches? What would explain the silence?
One big thing would be if they knew that Holly was alive somewhere. How would they know that?
What if the perp is contacting the family....or LE? Perhaps taunting them. Maybe allowing the family to speak to Holly.
I don't know why a perp would do this....maybe some type of vendetta against the family?
LE would be under no obligation to release this type of information to the public....

OK....I might be losing it. This case is driving me nuts.

I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but.... I am exhausted and with all of the threads on Holly, I can't possibly re-read all of them.

Possibly the silence stems from a ransom call, or threats from the kidnapper to the family. I wonder if the father, mother, or brother could have made an individual(s) angry through their work, school, etc. Could possibly be that they do not want media coverage because they know she is alive and is being held somewhere. They wouldn't want information on their progress being reported where the kidnapper(s) would have access to that information. Just a thought. Sorry if this has already been discussed. :twocents:
I share your thoughts about this possibility.

I had read, and I'm sorry, I don't remember if it was here or elsewhere, I try to stay away from the "rumour boards", so forgive me, but anyway, I had read that her father had fired someone recently. If someone can confirm this to be true or if it was just a rumour I'm sorry for posting about it.

Great minds think alike! I guess I was composing my post as you were posting yours! At least if I'm crazy, I'm not alone! (Sorry, GypsyPrincess)

What would explain LE calling off local searches? What would explain the silence?
One big thing would be if they knew that Holly was alive somewhere. How would they know that?
What if the perp is contacting the family....or LE? Perhaps taunting them. Maybe allowing the family to speak to Holly.
I don't know why a perp would do this....maybe some type of vendetta against the family?
LE would be under no obligation to release this type of information to the public....

IMO you're not losing it. I keep bringing up the same points, sometimes in my head, sometimes posting about it like I just recently did. Otherwise it all just doesn't make sense, the silence and abrupt stop of searches and total lack of media coverage.

Has anyone here at WS found any updates on Caleb McLeod Tutor. This was the 20 year old kid that was "missing" from about April 14th- April 19th. He ended up walking out of the Smoky mountains and telling police that he had been kidnapped. He was later charged with making a false report. Could this be related to Holly? It seems unlikely but the same kind of silence seems to surround this weird case. His Dad is a Detective in N.C. I can't find a school or church connection but the timing is so coincidental.

I was wondering the exact same thing last night. I couldn't find any updates about where he was. Not saying the 2 cases are related but just curious

No comments on my post (#227) ?:eek:fftobed: OK, I'll just go back to my

dark closet and contemplate my deep-seated feelings of insecurity.

Don't worry about me, I'll be fine.

No.....really:snooty: LOL

If you look across a number of missing person cases, you'll see that in most cases, LE does large searches for a period of approx 10 days to 2 weeks, and then those stop. After that, it's just occasional searches, and only by LE or SAR teams that LE brings in.

The large searches in the beginning are primarily for the period of time during which the person, based on characteristics specific to them (e.g. age) and the circumstances of their disappearance, would mean they are most likely alive. The attempt during this time is to rescue them while they are still likely alive.

After that, they are considered likely deceased, and the occasional searches are for a body, based on specific evidence/info that points LE to a specific area where there is a higher likelihood of the person's body being found. This comes down to cost of searches, which are phenomenally expensive.

So far as silence, it appears to me that it is becoming more and more common for LE (and families) to be quiet in missing person cases.

For LE, they not only need to protect the case for when/if it goes to prosecution, but I've seen an increase in complaints from LE across multiple cases about getting many calls that are rumor based. It's a waste of time and money for them, because every tip has to be accounted for.

For families, all they need is to get wind of what goes on on Facebook and across the net in these cases, and if they're smart, silence is their best bet. The mad frenzies that take place do nothing to help find the person, and in fact, interfere with it and delay it. Not to mention add to the suffering of the family who's already suffering.

MOO

Has anyone here at WS found any updates on Caleb McLeod Tutor. This was the 20 year old kid that was "missing" from about April 14th- April 19th. He ended up walking out of the Smoky mountains and telling police that he had been kidnapped. He was later charged with making a false report. Could this be related to Holly? It seems unlikely but the same kind of silence seems to surround this weird case. His Dad is a Detective in N.C. I can't find a school or church connection but the timing is so coincidental.

No comments on my post (#227) ?:eek:fftobed: OK, I'll just go back to my

dark closet and contemplate my deep-seated feelings of insecurity.

Don't worry about me, I'll be fine.

No.....really:snooty: LOL

I believe that's your 227 above.

I haven't seen anything else from a reliable source.

I just don't know what to make of the obvious silence.. The several shows that were airing Hollys story asked to not go forward with a show about Holly, obvious media black out, but then the raising awareness of Hollys abduction prayer walk.. I just don't understand.. ..

Respectfully snipped by me. I never knew that any shows were asked not to go forward with news about Holly. Where did I miss this information? That's very interesting. I guess I assumed that the reason there wasn't a whole lot of media coverage was just that there wasn't much to cover, not that someone was asking for it not to be covered. Then, we have JVM mentioning something maybe last week (no real updates, of course, just a blurb), and saying they'll stay on top of the case. Hmmmm.

my opinions only, no facts here:

I recognize that the lack of new information is killing this thread. My goal is to be the last man standing. Is anyone out there willing to take me on and outlast me?

Absolutely! Not that it's a competition, but this has been my intent from the beginning. I have and will continue to check the thread multiple times a day for Holly's sake. I'll admit that the lack of info has, unfortunately, had a small impact on the time I spend thinking about and discussing the case, but I never forget about Holly, and, not that I necessarily have "favorites," but this case makes the short list of cases I will never forget and will follow for a looooong time.

OK, but here's what we've got:

TBI is silent
local law enforcement is silent
family is silent
hollys' cousin is silent
locals are silent
radio shows-silent
TV shows-silent
media is silent
In my mind there has got to be a "legitimate" reason for this that pertains to this specific case. There have been some wild theories thrown out in the last couple of days that just don't appear to be so wild anymore. In fact, plausible IMO. Don't get me wrong though, I do believe it was a kidnapping and I don't believe she's been found but if it's "out of the box", throw it on the table 'cause there's something that's not right here. I tend to think that there's some sort of a personal vendetta in play here, but then again, I only have 50 posts and BeanE does make sense.

"That's all I have to say about that" - Forest Gump

I think the stop in searches is just that they have no idea where to search anymore. This is very common when they have not truly found any reliable information to lead them in a specific direction. So very sad! Still praying for Holly! :praying:

As unusual as it may first strike you, it is possible that the perp got tired of having to keep her hidden, fed, etc. and phoned in a tip on Easter as to where she could be found. While the rest of the county was searching that day, TBI rescued her and are protecting her. She would have been a walking crime scene, so even if she did not need medical attention, she would nevertheless be taken somewhere to be examined. More likely is she needed medical attention, and has spent the last four weeks recovering.

What good does it do to keep all this under wraps? Because whatever information gets out compromises, bit by bit, LE's ability to determine if they are talking to the real perp based upon what only Holly and he would know. Same reason for the silence from day one.

Why would he turn her over? If he is from the area, he may have realized that he bit off more than ever expected when he captured her and he was looking for a way out. He figured that his only chance to possibly disappear off LE's radar would be for her to be alive and not dragging him down.

She probably has been able to offer a description, but she does not know who he is. It may well have been someone from the area she met somewhere online. But LE now has a treasure trove of DNA from her.

I think LE is focusing on DNA and want the silence to continue so the perp does not feel them breathing down his neck until its too late.

I know this sounds far fetched, but things are not always as they seem.

If she had been found, she would not be listed on the FBI site.

See post #251
Bean E is right...this "silence" is not all that uncommon in missing persons cases, it just seems like it started earlier in this one. We were all wondering why there was never (and still isn't) anything in the media re: Hailey Dunn, she has been missing for 5 months this week. And no one is saying it is because she was found. In Kyron's case, the media looked for things to write about, because he was 7 and taken from a school, so that story was kept "alive" but none of it was ever really new after the first two weeks. Just the same stuff repeated again and again. And we still have no clue what happened a year later.

When there is nothing to write/report, the media writes/reports nothing, in most cases. LE still does their job, and sometimes families don't want to talk, for whatever reason. Sure, it adds to the conspiracy theories, but I seriously doubt any are taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee