TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I think is strange is the lack of gossip or rumors from the locals....the first place I go to is facebook and checkout what all the friends/acquaintances are telling each other and the info on the pages set up specifically. I also look at all the comments posted on the news sites as usually that is great for inside rumors/gossip/the actual truth but in this case there has been nothing said at all.

In this case its TOTAL silence. There may be a case where LE was silent but the family was not (Mitrice Richardson for example) or cases where the family clammed up (Haleigh Cummings) but you had a lot of other people talking. But here NO ONE is saying ANYTHING. Thats just kinda odd. The only details we know are details released in the first 24/36 hours for the most part, and we are going on what now a month and a half?

Well, that doesn't account for LE considering her to be the victim of the crime of kidnapping, and for the FBI to continue to list her as kidnapped on their website.

I can't convince myself that the Decatur County Sheriff's Office, the TBI, and the FBI would pull such a huge and cruel prank on the public.

Well it may have been Clint calling LE that made iit a kidnapping.
Holly may have thought no one saw her and she wouldnt be missed till later that afternoon.
Its only a thought! And i cant think of any other reason for this case to be so silent. She ran off with someone her parents dont want her with they were afriad when they hear dit was a kidnpping case and Holly called MOM on easter and said she wasnt comming home... Everything stopped that day...

I dont think there was much blood and it may not be hers.
As for shool and exams maybe getting out of Darden Tenn was more important.
Tossing the items could have been a way to leave her old life behind!

I see no urgency and desperation in this case. Not from anyone but the locals searching for her! JMO

If she had been found...it would be all over the media and everyone would know about it.

If this crime had occurred in a more urban/suburban area, I would agree. But the ONLY media coverage is coming either from what LE says. There is NO investigative reporting going on here. The media is not making any public records requests, reporting from outside LE headquarters, etc. The locals are not talking. The most the media can do is interview a cousin of Holly's at the state softball tournament.

If this had happened in an affluent suburb of Nashville, the local media would have been all over the ground, digging for stuff. Nothing like that going on here from what I can tell. Instead of people criticizing LE for not spoon feeding everybody, why not gripe that the media is ignoring this in terms of devotion of manpower.

So if the FBI bought into the "silence is best" plan (it could be their plan .... the FBI only gives the public info when they want the public's help) then it would only be natural to keep up all the outward appearances of her being unfound.

The two things that strike me the most are Mom being relieved on Easter and the complete lack of any further public searches. Something happened that day.

Just trying to figure this one out.

Im not buying the "held captive" theory. If that were the case, time and man power would be at panic levels. Could be a ransom case, but why not just pay the money and persue the criminal later? My gut tells me LE has no clue at all, and are waiting for something as we are. :(

Im not buying the "held captive" theory. If that were the case, time and man power would be at panic levels. Could be a ransom case, but why not just pay the money and persue the criminal later? My gut tells me LE has no clue at all, and are waiting for something as we are. :(

Perhaps things are at a panic level and that is precisely why we aren't hearing anything. If someone has been in contact with the family or perhaps trying to get "attention", that may be the very reason why they shut down communication with the public. I cannot cite an exact case, but in the past with serial killers and kidnappers the FBI, as well as LE, did not release certain information to the media because they didn't want the people they were after either A: Getting the attention they wanted. Or B: Didn't want what information they had found being made public where the people they were after would know how close they were to being caught.

I totally agree with the person that said "something happened on Easter". And perhaps Easter was significant due to the holiday/meaning itself. Perhaps that Holly was taken right around Mother's Day is also significant.

Again, I always think better when I type "out loud". ;)

JMO

As far as I can recall, the parents only made one plea for Holly's return. Why, why, why.........why only 1 plea?????

I know the searches where partly called off due to the weather but the community outpour was unbelievable......

I agree that "something happened on Easter". Did Holly perhaps call her parents????

Did she run away; was she taken????

I find this case interesting and have been following since day 1 but the silence is unbearable.

Holly, where are you????

I never got the impression that her mother was "relieved" about anything, other than that something else was found that might lead to Holly, so she thought the searches would continue and that Holly would be found soon. I think too much is being read into her being relieved on that day. I don't think the item found turned into anything that has pointed to a specific direction, or even a specific crime, or a suspect. They had hoped it would, but it hasn't. I do not believe LE has any idea where Holly is, or if she is alive, and probably presume she isn't, since there is no sense of urgency.

I agree that things are unfortunately probably pretty much as they seem for LE. I have no doubt they are working very hard on this but my guess is that they do desperately need an important new clue or tip to significantly move towards solving it.

It is true that Holly's case has gotten more publicity than the majority of other missing persons cases and that's evident by this being the 24th thread on her disappearance here at Websleuths. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve the attention or criticizing anyone for being interested in her case, not at all. I'm just pointing out that the media interest usually subsides even earlier. It usually takes sensational details to keep the media interest going. I don't think it's unusual that the media coverage has dropped off.

I think BeanE's post #251 is a good one. There are realities that search efforts have to face.

For those of us on the "something happened on Easter" page, remember Bill Way's FB post was the very next day. There has to be more to this, all the way around. Something had to happen that day, because that's when everything came to a screeching halt. We can agree to disagree all we want on theories and statistics, but we should try to make sense of it all, for Holly. And I know most of you are much smarter than I am about this sort of thing, I'm just as concerned as you all are and just adding my loose change.

good thoughts tonight, I cant even speculate anymore??my mind doesnt know where to go???????

For those of us on the "something happened on Easter" page, remember Bill Way's FB post was the very next day. There has to be more to this, all the way around. Something had to happen that day, because that's when everything came to a screeching halt. We can agree to disagree all we want on theories and statistics, but we should try to make sense of it all, for Holly. And I know most of you are much smarter than I am about this sort of thing, I'm just as concerned as you all are and just adding my loose change.

LE had already come out and said that Sunday would likely be that last day of regular searching before the big "find" on Easter. And then the week was filled with those terrible storms. So I think that the momentum, if any, was lost and as they have said in this and many other cases, searches will now happen based on new information only.

my opinions only, no facts here:

If the extreme silence in this case results in the identification of a person of interest or an arrest, the authorities will look like Albert Einstein. But if this case still languishes months from now, the press and/or those concerned about Holly Bobo should demand that the evidence gathered be laid on the table for the public to see. WE pay these people to defend us from criminals. If this crime remains unsolved, I personally feel it is the duty of the officials to give us the information so that we can both protect ourselves better and possibly contribute to the solution of this mystery.

Having said this, I will repeat myself for the umpteenth time, I believe that this case can be solved. It has solid elements of a crime by someone familiar with the family's schedule, and additional elements of a crime of passion.

Sorry but LE does not have an obligation to inform the public of anything regarding their investigation. The only persons they have an obligation to are Holly's family, specifically her parents.

Also, it should be noted that maintaining the integrity of any case is a priority in order to successfully prosecute. If they went public with everything they know as soon as they know it, in most cases, a lot less criminals would end up in prison. Not releasing certain details actually helps them find the perpetrator a lot of times. Let's not take their edge away from them.

my opinions only, no facts here:

I recognize that the lack of new information is killing this thread. My goal is to be the last man standing. Is anyone out there willing to take me on and outlast me?

Yep. ;)

If the abductor is someone known to the family or Holly, media coverage and speculation would make solving this case more difficult, rather than less difficult. After a few days, the odds are, sadly, that a victim of abduction is no longer alive, especially if that person is an adult. The fact that we can name the exceptions, and that most of them were children (Shawn Hornbeck, Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart) shows how rare they are. In this case, there is a witness whose identity is known. He has made statements known to the public saying he thought the man was Holly's boyfriend. There is every indication that the abductor knew the area, had a means of escape, and was not worried about kidnapping someone in broad daylight, in her home, in possible view of family members. My guess? There's a suspect and they are watching him. The less HE knows, the better.

If the abductor is someone known to the family or Holly, media coverage and speculation would make solving this case more difficult, rather than less difficult. After a few days, the odds are, sadly, that a victim of abduction is no longer alive, especially if that person is an adult. The fact that we can name the exceptions, and that most of them were children (Shawn Hornbeck, Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart) shows how rare they are. In this case, there is a witness whose identity is known. He has made statements known to the public saying he thought the man was Holly's boyfriend.

There is every indication that the abductor knew the area, had a means of escape, and was not worried about uukidnapping someone in broad daylight, in her home, in possible view of family members. My guess? There's a suspect and they are watching him. The less HE knows, the better.

I just think if they had a potential suspect that they would be grilling, polygraphing, and dna testing....etc. LE has to assume that holly is still alive and time is of the essence even if reality says otherwise.

Rather than focusing on WHO took Holly (and this is just a reminder)
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

<Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.>

I don't belive the FBI does this lightly.

Let's take a look at where she might be. Does anyone have a local and current overlay of the woods to the rear of the house? I still want to know where the deer stands/blinds are, as well as access to vehicles that could traverse fire breaks without leaving tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat