TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that, as I can't see the FBI listing her on their site as a kidnapping. No one else on the site (but a few) have that designation, they are listed simply as "missing" or "missing/endangered".

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view

There actually are more kidnapping classified people listed on the FBI site than I realized. I found a search the other day that turned them up. I had never seen it before. If I'm counting right, there are 62 of them. Still relatively few, when you consider the number of missing persons. But if you look at the DOJ stats on the small number of people assigned to the non-family abduction category, it sort of aligns with that. I think there may be a correlation.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wanted_by...ntries=&zipcode=&mileage=&form.button.search=

That will give you the search results. I found the search on this page, in the lower right corner. I checked off Missing Person and Kidnapped:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wanted_by_the_fbi

Re: militia theory

The best I can do in explaining what my take on a militia is..

A group of rebels or rogues that form and bond together as a group because of their strong beliefs in a certain way of life, principles, etc, etc.. Usually is nit the thinking of the norm and these groups many times are waging a battle against some type of politics..

Some militias even resort to violence as a way of getting their messages across.. IMO Al Qaeda could be seen as a giant militia.. And I think we all know how dangerous and violent that particular group is..

I do not have a theory involving Holly and the militia but just wanted to explain in lay men's terms what IMO a militia is..

HTH:)

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

I agree incongruent to say the least..

Have you considered that the evidence has absolutely zero to do with the actual crime?.. With such very little to work with it is hard to come up with anything that can be substantiated..

But one of my theories is that this evidence has zero to do with Holly's being "disappeared" and so much so that I believe most likely it was done completely after-the-fact but before it was reported.. Possibly in a moment of completely freaking out and desperate to have evidence pointing in any direction possible as long as its not pointing at the perp..

As I said it is one of my theories and I am not set in stone with any of them..

For now am doing all that I can by continuing to pray for Holly and her loved ones..

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

My opinions only, no facts here:

Your moniker of SmoothOperator fits you well, because you are thinking outside the box, as per the master Sherlock Holmes. My favorite episode with Jeremy Brett is "The Second Stain". All sleuths should be required to watch this episode.

It is all speculation of course, but the evidence is somewhat peculiar with regards to being placed where it could be found. Yes, planted evidence can precede the notification of authorities as you opine. The "local nature" of the evidence also suggests a "local citizen". Someone who is panicky about straying too far from home, but needs to divert attention away from themselves- BUT- also needs to get back quickly so their absence will not be noticed.

Remember that I give odds of 4 out of 7 that Holly was harmed by someone she knew, and odds of 2 out of 7 that Holly was abducted by someone who knew her. Think about it my friend.

Thanks sarahlou!! This is more detailed info than we have ever had in this case.. Much, much more detail!!

I agree with you as well this does seem to be a bit of a different story.. But honestly I am so confused over the info that's been released or told to us that I dont know which is the truth and which is not.. This article says this is what TBI spokesperson Helm says that they have been told by the family..

Below is snipped portion about Clint Bobo's acct that morning.. As you'll see some new major details added and some completely not even mentioned or included in this version.. But definitely some new info..

Here's snippet and the rest can be found at Sarahlou's link^above^...

The family won’t talk about the case, but TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said investigators have gotten this account from interviews with relatives:

The day she went missing Bobo put on her bright pink shirt, jeans and black flip-flops and packed her lunch for another day of nursing school at the nearby UT-Martin campus.

Her brother, Clint, was still asleep. Their parents had already left for work.

At 7:40 a.m., Holly walked to her black Ford Mustang on the long, winding driveway leading to the Bobo family’s rural Decatur County home.

Minutes later, the family’s dog barked, waking Clint. He walked to the kitchen window that faces the expansive, treelined backyard to see what the ruckus was about. A man dressed in camouflage had his sister by the arm, leading her into the woods, he later told the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

The psychology student went out to his sister’s Mustang. She was supposed to be on her way to school, he knew. Next to her car, pooled a small puddle of blood and a spilled Coke can.

Wide awake now, Clint Bobo ran into his house and called 911. He called his mother, Karen, a second-grade teacher who usually chatted by text with Holly several times a day. Panicked now, he ran into the woods where he had last seen his sister.

Nothing. She was nowhere. No more blood.

Of course most noticeably different in this version of the events that happened In those early morning hours is that here we are told that there was no delay or chunk of time that passed between the time that Clint saw the camo man and sister near the woods.. We are now told that after Clint is awakened by family dog.. He then looks out the kitchen window and sees his sister being led into the woods by a man dressed in camo(notice too not a peep mentioned about his thinking it was her boyfriend at that time).. Instead it next states that Clint went out to his siter's mustang which he knew she should have been left for school.. Once getting to the black mustang he sees a small pool of blood along side a dropped can of coke...This definitely woke him up and he immediately ran in house called 911.. Called mom at school and then immediately headed into the woods after Holly.. No more blood anywhere.. No sign of Holly anywhere..

Now in really looking at it the story has drastically changed.. IMO it seems to have changed most noticeably in the areas that were the most heavily questioned?? And wondered why Clint would choose a certain way to handle or go about things that morning..

For example many(and not just speaking of us here at WS but nationwide) have heavily questioned why did he wait so long to even go out and check on sis that morning?.. And why was there seemingly large chunk of time between his having seen her with camo man and him deciding to call for help??.. And the Biggie that I saw questioned the most.. Why did Clint not run into the woods that morning searching after his sister??

These three details have all changed to where A) There is no longer a lapse in time in between his seeing sis and camo man and his going to check on her.. Now he immediaty goes out to her car after he sees her from kitchen window..
And B) no longer is there chunk of time before calling for help.. Now he immediately runs inside and calls 911 first.. And then C) so manys question of why Clint didn't go into the woods after her??.. Now in this version it says after making call to 911 and mom that he then immediaty runs into the woods searching for Holly..

Those are major changes IMO..

A couple other changers that I noticed right off the bat was that as mentioned there is no longer peep one about man in camo looking or appearing to be Hollys boyfriend.. Odd?!

And yet another detail that is completely missing from this version is there even a mention one about a neighbor period.. Not only no neighbor reporting they heard a scream.. But infact now there is no scream thought to have come from Holly is so much as a word uttered about.. Odd?!!

There more I look and the more I read it there are differences as drastic as night and day and black and white..
And I just don't know what to make of it??

Anxious to hear some of you guys opinions on what you all think about these odd differences.. Changes.. Inconsistencies.. Etc.. Etc..

I hope it leads to finding Holly!! And I mean finding her soon!!

Prayers..

from same story.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...her-return?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

"The family won’t talk about the case, but TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said investigators have gotten this account from interviews with relatives:"

Makes it sound like mom, dad, brother are'nt talking to TBI either.? funny how I want to hear these direct timeline events straight from them. I think this is where the frustration lies. Now these newly small but significant snippets only make me want to ask more questions.
And IMO if the brother ran out that quickly, he should've been able to hear the footsteps through the woods and possibly hear a get away vehicle. I imagine it to be dead quiet in the middle of wooded areas like they are in. And.. a small pool of blood. Not droplets or splatter. If Holly were to have been quickly jabbed w/ a knife to create a small pool of blood then I'd imagine she would'nt be able to move quickly or even act/look normal walking into the woods and how could the blood not be dripping or dragged thru or anything more than a small pool?? Even cast off from a knife after the initial wound.

Also is it new info as to what clothes she wore that am? If she was wearing flip flops that surely would make a noise marching thru the woods. Or easily lose one of them.

Don't like the way this has played out from the get go.

I'm always thinking about Holly, praying she is found.

New/additional/updated information: June 3

Holly Bobo’s family holds out hope for her return
http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...Holly-Bobo-s-family-holds-out-hope-her-return

TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said investigators have gotten this account from interviews with relatives:

• The day she went missing Bobo put on her bright pink shirt, jeans and black flip-flops and packed her lunch for another day of nursing school at the nearby UT-Martin campus.
  • Her brother, Clint, was still asleep. Their parents had already left for work.
  • At 7:40 a.m., Holly walked to her black Ford Mustang on the long, winding driveway leading to the Bobo family’s rural Decatur County home.
  • Minutes later, the family’s dog barked, waking Clint. He walked to the kitchen window that faces the expansive, treelined backyard to see what the ruckus was about. A man dressed in camouflage had his sister by the arm, leading her into the woods, he later told the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
  • The psychology student went out to his sister’s Mustang. She was supposed to be on her way to school, he knew. Next to her car, pooled a small puddle of blood and a spilled Coke can.
  • Wide awake now, Clint Bobo ran into his house and called 911. He called his mother, Karen, a second-grade teacher who usually chatted by text with Holly several times a day. Panicked now, he ran into the woods where he had last seen his sister. Nothing. She was nowhere. No more blood.
  • Just after 8 a.m. that April 13 Wednesday, police surrounded the country home. Within hours, dogs, helicopters, horses joined in the search Underwater cameras searched ponds in the area.
  • The next day, Holly Bobo’s packed lunch was found about six miles north of her home toward Interstate 40.

I don't believe that, as I can't see the FBI listing her on their site as a kidnapping. No one else on the site (but a few) have that designation, they are listed simply as "missing" or "missing/endangered".

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view

Maybe so but i also think the FBI will keep her on that list till they can talk to her in person and see if she went on her own free will or was forced.

In a phone call she can say she went on her own but can be something totally diff but i do think she knows the man that she went with. JMO

from same story.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...her-return?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

"The family won’t talk about the case, but TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said investigators have gotten this account from interviews with relatives:"

Makes it sound like mom, dad, brother are'nt talking to TBI either.? funny how I want to hear these direct timeline events straight from them. I think this is where the frustration lies. Now these newly small but significant snippets only make me want to ask more questions.
And IMO if the brother ran out that quickly, he should've been able to hear the footsteps through the woods and possibly hear a get away vehicle. I imagine it to be dead quiet in the middle of wooded areas like they are in. And.. a small pool of blood. Not droplets or splatter. If Holly were to have been quickly jabbed w/ a knife to create a small pool of blood then I'd imagine she would'nt be able to move quickly or even act/look normal walking into the woods and how could the blood not be dripping or dragged thru or anything more than a small pool?? Even cast off from a knife after the initial wound.

Also is it new info as to what clothes she wore that am? If she was wearing flip flops that surely would make a noise marching thru the woods. Or easily lose one of them.

Don't like the way this has played out from the get go.

I'm always thinking about Holly, praying she is found.

Well coudnt the man have been bitten by the dog?
I think the prents and the brother know who took Holly and if Holly went willingly they have no say in what she does...
I do think LE want to talk to her personally to make sure she was not taken against her will.

This is a very interesting statement..
What are they hiding?
There was no guy in camo and the story was bogus?
She was not led into the woods?
All the clues were scattered around after the fact?

I thought this from the very beginning. JMO

Always good to hear something about this case, it had been so long.

How can TBI make this statement: "At 7:40 a.m., Holly walked to her black Ford Mustang" (...)

Clint's asleep, the folks had gone to work. Who provided this time? Why exactly 7:40?

And why did it take almost two months to reveal she was wearing black flip-flops, and left a spilled Coke can?

• At 7:40 a.m., Holly walked to her black Ford Mustang on the long, winding driveway leading to the Bobo family’s rural Decatur County home.
How does anyone know this??? No one was there except the brother and he was supposedly asleep. Also, this now says her car was in the driveway, which is front of the house, when all accounts up to now say she was in the carport in the back of the house. It's also been widely reported as 7:30, now it's 7:40 all of a sudden.

This whole new story version makes no sense and contradicts everything we have been lead to believe so far. To me IMHO it sounds more like a reporters version of what they were told since some of these "facts" there is no way of knowing for sure since no one was there to witness them.

As for the flip-flops a few asked about, I had seen that posted someplace before. I have no idea where I saw it now, it sticks in my mind it was on a poster like description notice and I remember thinking to myself I had never seen that before (shoe type), but it wasn't one of the rumor boards as I stay away from them unless there is some specific thing I heard about and want to see how true, or probably not, it actually might be. Since virtually all girls her age wear flip-flops year round, I'd say it's a safe guess that's what she wears mostly too, but that's just a thought on my part because we don't know for sure. However, I had also seen sneakers mentioned before, too, and I have NO idea where I saw that mentioned either. :(

• The psychology student went out to his sister’s Mustang. She was supposed to be on her way to school, he knew. Next to her car, pooled a small puddle of blood and a spilled Coke can.
Since when did it become a "puddle of blood"??? Wasn't it TBI who actually used the word "flecks" or "small flecks"? I forget exactlly how it was worded, but I know it was flecks.

Well this is very strange. Some aspects of this report are more in line with original reports where Clint supposedly ran into the woods at some point to look for his sister.

Original descriptions of her clothes did say tennis shoes or sneakers but now its flip flops. That may not be a big discrepancy if no one saw her put shoes on that morning. I have a bazillon pairs of shoes and it would be hard to tell in a hurry what ones were missing on a given day.

The description of the blood has changed again. i assume the blood was not real close to the (new) spilled coke can since a spilled soda would mix with the blood

The new description does address what made Clint look outside and go outside

The new description does give more info where Hollys car was (not parked 50 yards out back behind the house as had been surmised) and a little more info as to what direction she was taken.

Taken at face value it seems that the earlier "clarified" report was pared down from something more descriptive like this report. Basically an edit job to make it easier to report without having to take a whole page.

Not sure why some of these details were not put out sooner (2 months????)

She was wearing flip flops. That's what the searchers were told to look for. Pink shirt, light jeans, and flop flops. Idk why this is just coming out. I was really suprised that it took so long for anyone to report this. I don't think it was a secret. I hadn't heard the diet coke story.

I truly believe everything happened just as tbi and le have released. I doubt this is some type of a conspiracy/cover-up...maybe I am just naive... if so then I am glad I am. I believe the time fluxuates due to the fact that it is being estimated.

It's completely devastating to think of the agony Holly's mother is enduring...heck...her whole family. I do wish that more was known. I don't think it is unusual for tbi to not talk...and I can't say that I blame the family for not speaking. After everything that has been released has been doubted by so many...things have been changed through various message boards and blogs...then reported as facts. I believe if they had anymore concrete facts that would really add something substantial, that they would be happy to share. I just don't think that they do. Of course this is all jmo...for what that's worth.

I pray for Holly and her family every day. It's just so frustrating!

Of course most noticeably different in this version of the events that happened In those early morning hours is that here we are told that there was no delay or chunk of time that passed between the time that Clint saw the camo man and sister near the woods.. We are now told that after Clint is awakened by family dog.. He then looks out the kitchen window and sees his sister being led into the woods by a man dressed in camo(notice too not a peep mentioned about his thinking it was her boyfriend at that time).. Instead it next states that Clint went out to his siter's mustang which he knew she should have been left for school.. Once getting to the black mustang he sees a small pool of blood along side a dropped can of coke...This definitely woke him up and he immediately ran in house called 911.. Called mom at school and then immediately headed into the woods after Holly.. No more blood anywhere.. No sign of Holly anywhere..

Now in really looking at it the story has drastically changed.. IMO it seems to have changed most noticeably in the areas that were the most heavily questioned?? And wondered why Clint would choose a certain way to handle or go about things that morning..

For example many(and not just speaking of us here at WS but nationwide) have heavily questioned why did he wait so long to even go out and check on sis that morning?.. And why was there seemingly large chunk of time between his having seen her with camo man and him deciding to call for help??.. And the Biggie that I saw questioned the most.. Why did Clint not run into the woods that morning searching after his sister??

These three details have all changed to where A) There is no longer a lapse in time in between his seeing sis and camo man and his going to check on her.. Now he immediaty goes out to her car after he sees her from kitchen window..
And B) no longer is there chunk of time before calling for help.. Now he immediately runs inside and calls 911 first.. And then C) so manys question of why Clint didn't go into the woods after her??.. Now in this version it says after making call to 911 and mom that he then immediaty runs into the woods searching for Holly..

Those are major changes IMO..

A couple other changers that I noticed right off the bat was that as mentioned there is no longer peep one about man in camo looking or appearing to be Hollys boyfriend.. Odd?!

And yet another detail that is completely missing from this version is there even a mention one about a neighbor period.. Not only no neighbor reporting they heard a scream.. But infact now there is no scream thought to have come from Holly is so much as a word uttered about.. Odd?!!

There more I look and the more I read it there are differences as drastic as night and day and black and white..
And I just don't know what to make of it??

Anxious to hear some of you guys opinions on what you all think about these odd differences.. Changes.. Inconsistencies.. Etc.. Etc..

I hope it leads to finding Holly!! And I mean finding her soon!!

Prayers..
That is odd. The entire he thought it was her BF scenario is gone.

How does anyone know this??? No one was there except the brother and he was supposedly asleep. Also, this now says her car was in the driveway, which is front of the house, when all accounts up to now say she was in the carport in the back of the house. It's also been widely reported as 7:30, now it's 7:40 all of a sudden.

This whole new story version makes no sense and contradicts everything we have been lead to believe so far. To me IMHO it sounds more like a reporters version of what they were told since some of these "facts" there is no way of knowing for sure since no one was there to witness them.

As for the flip-flops a few asked about, I had seen that posted someplace before. I have no idea where I saw it now, it sticks in my mind it was on a poster like description notice and I remember thinking to myself I had never seen that before (shoe type), but it wasn't one of the rumor boards as I stay away from them unless there is some specific thing I heard about and want to see how true, or probably not, it actually might be. Since virtually all girls her age wear flip-flops year round, I'd say it's a safe guess that's what she wears mostly too, but that's just a thought on my part because we don't know for sure. However, I had also seen sneakers mentioned before, too, and I have NO idea where I saw that mentioned either. :(
Exactly. I don't think TBI gave this writer a timeline of events; I think the person writing the article is pulling things together on their own from tid bits they've heard or know.

I surely hope Holly was NOT wearing flip-flops. It would be hard to flee an abductor in flip-flops, which come off quite easily. And walking through the woods, over heaven-knows-what terrain, she could easily turn an ankle and fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay