TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That, and think of how social networks are a relatively recent phenomenon and could potentially be used as a de facto shopping catalog by predators.

A couple of years ago, there was a coin store robbed in Sevierville and the robbers took old US bills. I couldn't believe they stole those, because I've shopped there many a time and they always have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of gold and silver bullion which would seem more desirable to a criminal. After all, the bills have one of a kind serial numbers and would be easily identifiable on Ebay or anywhere. Some of the silver bars have serial numbers too, but at least those can be melted down and recast and would maintain most of their value. When I asked the store owner why on Earth they would steal paper bills with serial numbers instead of the gold and silver, he replied, "They already had a buyer. Someone wanted those specific items, so that's what was taken."

Anyone on Planet Earth can look at facebook profiles and point to one and say, "Her. I want her and I'll pay 500,000 RMB upon delivery."

Just like happens when someone tries to hire a hitperson(s) - when a person tries to hire the person(s) to do something illegal, they have to ask around and find someone interested who will do it.

Those who were asked but couldn't/wouldn't do it often come forward (in time) to give info hoping to cash-in on the reward, or get a pending or current sentence reduced...

So.....holly is still missing. LE will only say its local. Does this mean they have warned the surrounding areas to watch their daughters? They should. I haven't heard that they have. That could lead one to believe it could be sooooo local its in the same home. Hmmmmm

Just like happens when someone tries to hire a hitperson(s) - when a person tries to hire the person(s) to do something illegal, they have to ask around and find someone interested who will do it.

Those who were asked but couldn't/wouldn't do it often come forward (in time) to give info hoping to cash-in on the reward, or get a pending or current sentence reduced...

A Triad deputy looking for younger women to replace the aging ones in established centers, or looking to expand operations in newer cities like Shenzhen or Ordos could just have his guy get on the phone with one of their guys in Anytown, USA and make it happen. This is just one scenario out of a billion different possibilities.

That's what must make this missing cases so hard on the families. The unknown and the endless array of possibilities.

It's untelling who did this and what the motive was. I really think docwho3's theory about her walking out onto a burglary in progress is underrated. I don't know how it is out in west Tennessee, but here in East Tennessee, there are a lot of pillheads who do a lot of burglaries. Someone stole my cousin's industrial saw and even came back a few days later pretending to be pizza delivery people as they were checking to see if anyone was home. Unemployed people underwater on their homes or otherwise impoverished may be driving up the burglary rate as well. It's getting pretty bad.

Somebody afraid of going to jail and becoming Bubba's boyfriend may have panicked and hit her in the head with whatever was available, causing the bleeding, and dragged her off because he didn't know what else to do.

So.....holly is still missing. LE will only say its local. Does this mean they have warned the surrounding areas to watch their daughters? They should. I haven't heard that they have. That could lead one to believe it could be sooooo local its in the same home. Hmmmmm
IMHO LE says they "think" or "believe" it's local for reasons they gave at the outset, that they think whomever did this would have to know the area to get around in the woods. After looking at everything I'm not sure that's the case as it looks like there are a lot of places a vehicle could have been parked very close by, so it's very possible she was in a vehicle and out of the area and possibly state very soon. You're are right though, they never seemed worried or concerned that whomever did this was going to strike again, which I find very odd, especially since it outwardly appears they don't seem to have a clue who did this. I'd hate to be living there not knowing though, I'm paranoid as it is for reasons I won't go into here. I'd be scared to death living there right now if they kept telling me it was a local but they haven't caught him/them and don't know who it is either. :banghead:

The TBI have stated that Clint Bobo is not a POI in the case. He has not been "ruled out"; however, he is not a POI.

I personally think that IF the family were considered highly suspect, more information would have come from the TBI regarding their suspicions of the family or investigations in to the family.

IMHO, the family are not involved.

I think that quote that OldSteve posted that discovery.com used goes back a week or two from somewhere else if I remember correctly.

If that article is accurate, then maybe it's time to put everything out there and get some public help! Geeeez! A girl is missing and they are no longer actively persuing her?? Where's mom and dad if this is the case??? They need to hit the media trail and get this thing in the spotlight!

I can't help comparing this case to that of Michelle Le and Lauren S. in Indiana; the parents are everywhere and extremely vocal, in Michelle's case even denying what the police are saying about it being a homicide unless they prove it to them. I can't understand the Bobo family being "cowed" into silence for two months...but then again I am seeing a pattern with TBI not being able to find women or arrest anyone and maybe they are feeling hopeless. Although that would give me all the more reason to seek out help from public, private eyes, missing persons groups, etc...

I agree, it does appear similar to what happened to Molly. And she was not found for some years. Searchers did indeed search those very woods, if I remember correctly. Her murder remains unsolved, despite various POI's over the years.

My opinions only, no facts here:

My take on the Molly Bish case is definitely not the status quo, but for reasons different than what you are probably thinking, maybe there is a modest similarity.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bobo-two-months,0,7592918.story

Information seems to be starting to come out, but still very slowly. Just a piece here and there.

Thanks for the update. It makes you wonder what's really happened that Holly's missing. Was it something she did, something she witnessed or knew about, or something in which she was involved? Or, was it something that had to do with her parents or brother?

From this update that "people know" and "more that one person may be involved" it seems this may not be a sexual abduction.

. . .From this update that "people know" and "more that one person may be involved"
it seems this may not be a sexual abduction.
Not so sure that the nonsexual conclusion can be drawn solely because
'people know' or because 'may be more than one person involved'.
Women have been the victims of assault by multiple perps in one crime
many times in the past.

That having been said:
If there were 2 or three people out cruising around on their ATV's looking
for things to pick up (steal) and one of them brought Holly back with him
as I mentioned was possible in a previous post (concering a ne'erdowell son)
then the other one or two people involved
(whether theft partners or parents or relatives who helped cover up for
the perp) must be scared stiff about now.

They may be afraid of facing murder charges for what maybe only one
person did.
Now is the time to come forward & get LE on their side somewhat by telling LE
what they know. When the truth does finally come out they don't want
to be facing a murder charge exactly the same as the one that did the crime.
But by remaining silent they may well get what the true perp gets.

Or if the parents or relatives of the wayward son know something
then again- now is the time to talk to LE before it is too late to salvage
anything.

It is my opinion based on reading many other cases that those who
know something & cooperate with LE do better than those who do not.

Side note 1: I do think that her physical size probably made the idea of
being able to take Holly away (whether to murder or assault or both) seem
more do-able.

At 5 foot & 3 inches tall, weighing only 110 pounds she was shorter and more
slender appearing than most males.
Bad people seem to prefer abducting or attacking a female more than a
male, partly because they are easier to physically dominate.

At least one description of the attacker/abductor I read on a news site
placed him as being both taller (5' & 10" to as much as 6 feet tall) and
almost twice as heavy; his weight estimated at 200 pounds.

(Personally, I would think more likely 180 to 190 because memory may make
a bad guy seem bigger and badder than he was but that's just my opinion
and maybe LE has already taken that into account.)

Side note 2:
In previous posts I did not assume more than one perp although I did think
perhaps relatives or friends might know something or might have even
helped cover for the perp.

It is not outside the bounds of possibility that there were more involved
in some way & that Holly getting abducted was not meant to be
on their to-do list for that day.

So far we only have eyewitness-based report in MSM of one person doing
the actual abduction.
It is possible that the phone tip or the number of tracks in the woods etc.
might have given LE reason to suspect others were involved in some way
or maybe they too think someone/s helped cover for the perp.

So far my favorite current theory is a ne'erdowell 18 to 20 something
years old was out stealing stuff and Holly sort of happened on to him.
Probably someone with a behavior problem past whose relatives might
stop his freeloading if they knew he was in trouble with the law again.

Whether he had friends help him cover up after he abducted her
or relative/s found out & decided to cover up rather than have one of
theirs be charged with murder or whether he had friends that were also
out stealing with him who were dismayed to see he had abducted
someone I just do not know.

If ATV's were actually involved then I wonder if they/ it belonged to the
perp/s or had been stolen quite some time before and were being used
to run around and steal other items from people?

If there was a rash of ATVs being stolen I would think people had a good
idea who took them. We had some in our state who stole some ATVs
once and they were locals & most people had an idea who they were
so I think maybe people in Holly's state and general area may have ideas
too.

Have not posted on Holly's thread for quite a while, but wanted to throw this out there. I have often wondered this same thing in other missing persons cases where the track just goes cold like the individual vanishes into thin air.

In Holly's case, how can LE know for sure that Holly is not alive and being held in someone's basement right there closeby? I know it would seem like someone would pick up on this if this perp had any relatives or close friends, but the case of Shawn Hornbeck comes to mind in how that creep was able to keep Shawn in his home and abuse him and neighbors did not know and he was even in an apartment complex, not confined to a basement. I know they have asked the public to watch for unusual behavior, but is there a person who lives alone around there, has kept his same daily routine, so as not to attract any attention?

Whenever I see or hear of a new case, this always bothers me that there is no way to do an all out search of area homes. Yes, I know it could be a violation of everything under the sun to do a search of EVERY home without a reason or search warrant, but if I lived in that area, I'd open my own home and say search away. I'd like to think all other innocent people would do the same but I guess I'm living in a dreamworld on this. Sorry for the rant. Just feel if TBI thinks it is "local", this seems like a possible, even though very slight, possibility.

Have not posted on Holly's thread for
quite a while, but wanted to throw this out there. I have often wondered
this same thing in other missing persons cases where the track just goes
cold like the individual vanishes into thin air.

In Holly's case, how can LE know for sure that Holly is not alive and being
held in someone's basement right there closeby? I know it would seem like
someone would pick up on this if this perp had any relatives or close
friends, but the case of Shawn Hornbeck comes to mind in how that
creep was able to keep Shawn in his home and abuse him and neighbors
did not know and he was even in an apartment complex, not confined to
a basement. I know they have asked the public to watch for unusual
behavior, but is there a person who lives alone around there, has kept his
same daily routine, so as not to attract any attention?. . .

It is certainly worth keeping in mind. I hope very much that she is alive
and gets rescued.
I admit that in this case I do not think she is still alive but it could very
well be so.

Since LE has said this is still a missing person case & have not called it
a murder investigation it may be there has not been enough blood loss
found to indicate death.

From the news reports I read I suspect she was killed but I have been
wrong before about a case or two & having her turn up alive and rescued
would make me very happy.

I would wonder if keeping her prisoner would cause some unusual
purchases to be made by the perp though?

Perhaps watching for that might be a tip off eventually.

According to the new article I previously posted, everyone interviewed has an alibi that checks out. I was thinking about this and what that means. It is a strange statement from the TBI considering they haven't released very much info. So, here is what I have come up with:

TBI thinks it is a local
TBI said everyone they have interviewed has an alibi
TBI has not found Holly
TBI ackowledged it could be more than 1 person
TBI says "There are people who know what happened to Holly"

So either:
A) The TBI is COMPLETELY wrong about this being a local. If everyone investigated has an airtight, truthful alibi and nobody else in town is suspicious at all, this is the only logical conclusion.

B) The TBI is insinuating that they don't believe some of the alibis given, and feel they know who is invloved. This is the way I'm leaning. Think about it. If there is more than 1 perp, and this was a planned abduction, do you think the people involved would have not discussed the alibi before hand??? I feel this statement by the TBI is very telling (but much like all of their statements, open for interpretation.) To me, it says "We know who did this, we know you're lying, we just need one of you to crack."

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member