TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don't think LE hung CB out to dry at all. It would be nice to have one version of the events of that morning though. I wish LE would clarify exactly what happened. IMO, it would put a stop to a lot of speculation. Unfortunately, it has not happened yet as far as I'm aware of.
First media releases in this story are about CB watching his sister get dragged into the woods while he is watching. Later, CB is said to be cleared as a POI, but the next day or two nobody had been cleared. I do not feel like that was doing any favors for CB. Also, many people followed this story when it was fresh and these are the ideas that were being put into their heads and they haven't been pushed out since.

Holly Bobo's Family Recounts the Day She Vanished- With video
http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-holly...the-day-she-vanished-20110722,0,6800717.story
The interview we have all been waiting for. Better late than never.

HB mother confirms she saw HB that morning and that she also had talked with HB boyfriend, so when she got the call she immediately knew HB was not walking with her boyfriend. Shows video of HB dog as well.
CB says the man in camo clothing was not dragging or leading HB.

“I was in shock, when I got the phone call. And with Clint being here, I know he was in shock. Until you've been through something like that, you just could not possibly understand,” Karen Bobo said.
She said she had spoken with Holly that morning and knew that her daughter had a big test at the UT Martin nursing school in Parsons.
Holly had gotten up that morning at 4:30 to study.

“The main thing with me is, they say she was seen being dragged away. And that was completely false,” Clint Bobo said.
The family said it was very normal to see someone wearing such gear, as it was turkey hunting season.

Before we get too excited, remember that examiner and gather are both blogs, not MSM, and this person and the one from gather have provided some very "colorful" versions throughout. They are also pay-for-click and self-serving. I wish their links would be banned from WS being what they are. Just sayin'

Mods, I hope I didn't cross any lines, I bit my tongue really hard.

I didn't realize The Examiner was a problem. I've read a lot of HB updates there; they do cite sources (at least, some of the writers do) and seem fairly consistent with MSM. But, I'd never read that version of events before. I read that it was CB who called his mother, who then dialed 911.

As for Gather, I stopped reading about HB on that site long ago. Unfortunately, they're the only ones who seem to have updates on the investigation any more, and I think they've hurt the case by disseminating a lot of false information. Maybe that's why LE is keeping the investigation so hush-hush ... so that nothing is misconstrued or blown out of proportion.

Also, the lack of information does make me wonder if LE is certain the case is local. If the perp knows his movements are being monitored by LE, it's unlikely he's returned to the hiding place since April 13. So, keeping the case publicized may do more harm than good.

The thought of Holly being abandoned in some remote location, confined without food and water, is just as disturbing to me as imagining her being raped and tortured. I really want HB to be found alive, but I only want her to be found NOW so that she can begin the healing process.

Holly Bobo's Family Recounts the Day She Vanished- With video
http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-holly...the-day-she-vanished-20110722,0,6800717.story
The interview we have all been waiting for. Better late than never.

HB mother confirms she saw HB that morning and that she also had talked with HB boyfriend, so when she got the call she immediately knew HB was not walking with her boyfriend. Shows video of HB dog as well.
CB says the man in camo clothing was not dragging or leading HB.

“I was in shock, when I got the phone call. And with Clint being here, I know he was in shock. Until you've been through something like that, you just could not possibly understand,” Karen Bobo said.
She said she had spoken with Holly that morning and knew that her daughter had a big test at the UT Martin nursing school in Parsons.
Holly had gotten up that morning at 4:30 to study.

“The main thing with me is, they say she was seen being dragged away. And that was completely false,” Clint Bobo said.
The family said it was very normal to see someone wearing such gear, as it was turkey hunting season.

Very interesting article as we learn there were 4 911 calls.....one from the school, one from the neighbor and two from Holly's mom. Bless their hearts...I know they wish this nightmare would end.
With such a quick 911 call and a pretty rapid response, I just can't understand why we don't have any more.

These

poor

people.

I

want

to

throw

up.​

It's taken more than 3 months for Holly's mother to say to the public:
"That morning when I got up, she was already up and said she'd been up since 4:30 studying for a test and said she thought she was going to do really well."

It's taken Holly's brother more than 3 months to say to the public:

From the video - Clint:
"At the time, I'd just seen the two walking' toward the woods. He wasn't leading her, he wasn't draggin' her."

From the article accompanying video - Clint:
Her 25-year-old brother, Clint, said he saw her walking north, into the woods with a man completely covered in hunting camouflage.

Clint Bobo said he assumed it was Holly’s boyfriend, since he is known to go turkey hunting.

??????????????????????????????????

what??!!! that is completely different than LE's statements of her being led by force.

why???????????????????

Sorry, but this pizzes me off. It pizzes Clint off too.

I thought LE had determined that Holly was led by her arm, afraid for her life, into the woods. LE - explain, please - why 3.5 months later are we back to Clint's original statement? Was this family betrayed by LE?

Why did the Bobo's wait more than 3 months to do this interview?

Why are they speaking now?

Holly's father seems very angry to me. I'd like to know why.

Wow. just wow.

Something stinks in Darden. LE did NOT listen to this family? They made up a story about what Clint saw? They wouldn't confirm that Holly's parents saw her that morning?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

OMG, I don't think I'm the only WSer who is going to have a :cow: over this.

I'm shocked we still don't have all 4 911 calls being released. What harm would it cause?

Sorry Emma....I was trying to quote from your post but got all kinds of lost so I have to wing it here lol. You mention in a quote that:

Clint Bobo said he assumed it was Holly’s boyfriend, since he is known to go turkey hunting.
The family mentions "normal" but I've been wondering if it was "normal" for them to see hunters on their property and near their home often? That's what hasn't been clear to me.

Why would Holly's mom talk to Holly's bf so early in the morning? Did the bf sleep over? She said she knew it wasn't the bf because she had spoken to him? Huh? I'm confused.

Very interesting article as we learn there were 4 911 calls.....one from the school, one from the neighbor and two from Holly's mom. Bless their hearts...I know they wish this nightmare would end.
With such a quick 911 call and a pretty rapid response, I just can't understand why we don't have any more.

Four? I don't see anything in the article about 911 calls, and in the video I only heard that Holly's mom called 911 - once.

I'm shocked we still don't have all 4 911 calls being released. What harm would it cause?

Where in the article or video does it say there were four 911 calls?

ETA: Article has two pages. I didn't see the second. It's on page two:

Four 911 calls were made: one from the school, one from the neighbor, and two from Karen Bobo herself.

there are 2 pages to the article, maybe that is why you are missing it? its right in there.

quoted right from the article;

" “Motherly instinct. I knew something was wrong as soon as the secretary came to the cafeteria and told me,” she said.

Four 911 calls were made: one from the school, one from the neighbor, and two from Karen Bobo herself.

She also called Clint at home. He came to realize the man he saw with Holly was not her boyfriend."

"“At the time, I just seen the two walking toward the woods. He wasn't leading her, he wasn't dragging her. They were walking simultaneously toward the woods. And then later come to find out she had been threatened. I mean, she definitely went into the woods against her will,” he said."

i dont fully understand this part, i guess he is referring to the neighbor hearing screams. im wondering now if the neighbor heard something specific being screamed. or it could just be from the blood.

i dont know, none of this gives me any answers, just more questions.

"“At the time, I just seen the two walking toward the woods. He wasn't leading her, he wasn't dragging her. They were walking simultaneously toward the woods. And then later come to find out she had been threatened. I mean, she definitely went into the woods against her will,” he said."

i dont fully understand this part, i guess he is referring to the neighbor hearing screams. im wondering now if the neighbor heard something specific being screamed. or it could just be from the blood.

BBM. I don't understand either. I think I'm giving up in all these cases on understanding. In a lot of ways.

Why the heck would TBI first publish she was "drug" into the woods, then say repeatedly in the media, on video, that she was not just led, but specifically, led and held by the arm?

I'm a strong supporter of LE, but this is too much. They need to explain their statements, and why they made them.

Significant to me:

Transcribed from the video:

Reporter: law enforcement and about 50 neighbors gathered up their driveway...

Reporter: ...no one was allowed into those woods...

Dana Bobo: It just seemed like everybody set in the yard and in the driveway. They didn't leave out to go set up blocks, road blocks, you know, at a distance, to stop people driving. It just, everybody stayed here.

===================

And that is what happened to Holly. While everybody set up in the driveway, not allowed to go in the woods and get her, no road blocks set up to block him, her abductor took her through those woods, likely into a vehicle, and took her away. Easy peasy.

By the time LE got it together and started the search, she was already long gone.

Dear Jesus God. Poor Holly.

Im not going to say LE dropped the ball here but I am thinking it really really really strongly and loudly. Have been thinking that for three months now. But thats just my personal opinion...

So ok now with more new conflicting, contradictory details coming out... Clint says they went NORTH...

Ok does someone have one of the overhead photos of the house and adjacent areas that they conclusively know what dirction North is?

I want to see for myself which way they were heading, obviously. The direction that Holly and camo man disappeared in has always been a mystery.

Im not going to say LE dropped the ball here but I am thinking it really really really strongly and loudly. Have been thinking that for three months now. But thats just my personal opinion...

So ok now with more new conflicting, contradictory details coming out... Clint says they went NORTH...

Ok does someone have one of the overhead photos of the house and adjacent areas that they conclusively know what dirction North is?

I want to see for myself which way they were heading, obviously. The direction that Holly and camo man disappeared in has always been a mystery.

At about 2:06 in this video start my favorite overheads of the house and surrounding area:
‪Criminal Profiler Pat Brown discusses missing girl Holly Bobo on MSNBC Live‬‏ - YouTube

Need to verify how the house is positioned, i.e., is the front door north or the pool north or what.

Her 25-year-old brother, Clint, said he saw her walking north, into the woods with a man completely covered in hunting camouflage.

ETA: I'm so bad with maps. Looks like pool is west, front of house is east?
681 Swan Johnson Road, Darden, TN - Google Maps

LOL! I just noticed the name of that video - Authorities Revise Story of How Woman Was Taken

It sounds as though the Bobo family has been covering for LE all this time, by staying silent...but why? What did LE tell them to keep them so quiet about the fact that the searchers were not allowed into the woods to go after Holly? It doesn't sound as if LE ever had a handle on this case (something I suspected all along) and now I am even more doubtful that they ever had a reason to say this was someone local.

If CB saw them walking away together, how in the world does he know she was threatened? Did her abductor tell CB after the fact? I mean, WHAAAAAT?!?!?!? I guess he is saying because there was blood she must of been threatened? If so I guess that confirms what most felt all along, the blood was from HB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895