TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah all we have to go on is what little has been disclosed but what we can also tell from the few friends and locals who have spoken up or shown their support for Holly.

To get that much community support so fast and for so long (3 months in and going strong) she seems to have been a really nice, good, person. Lots of times when people vanish or die all the skeletons come out of the closet but nothing here.

The ex b/f rumor was big but I don't believe it for a few reasons. One things like injunctions are public record and no one has ever turned one up. If Holly was a good girl with decent friends the chance of her having this supposed abusive b/f are much less. No one with any credibility has mentioned such a person either. Its not like Brittnee Drexel's mom who has called out people in her daughter's life for being involved.

I doubt she was snatched totally at random like Jaycee Dugard. You couldn't see Holly from the road to know she was in her front yard. Someone had to know she was there and had to know where to hide to get her and where to hide a get away car. To me a total stranger would make it a crime of opportunity. If someone knew her enough to find her house, get to know her schedule etc then its probably someone who had some knowledge of Holly in the first place. Like a friend of a friend, etc. Could be the bag boy at the local grocery, the guy that cleans stables where she rides, etc. Someone that knows Holly but who she may just be familiar with visually.

Not knowing what direction Clint saw Holly walking away really makes it hard to say what could have happened next. The house has woods in all directiosn around it, but some are thicker, some are thinner, some are deep and some you could hide a car behind easily. Depending on what direction they went, there could be a vehicle within a matter of feet.

Theres mixed messages about where LE thinks she is. Its been said this was local and shes still in the area or state, but then pictures of her are put on long range trucks working out of the area. Thats contradictory.
There is no credible source for any of the information the public has been given, other than HB is missing. The only reason we know what some of the interests HB has are because of a youtube video and pictures. Too many versions of her disappearance to make heads or tails of it all. This case is like one of those books where you pick your own path and end up with any number of possible outcomes.
You mentioned her friends and locals have shown up to search and spoken up on her behalf. Yes, that is true. They showed up in droves to search but have not said anything at all really. IMO it feels more like they are smiling and waving at anybody that is not a local. What have they said about her? Not much, even the family has been sequestered and seemingly forced to read from a script. In fact, the only friend I have seen even make a peep toward the media is a friend from her church, and the media clip she is in is almost 3 months after the disappearance.
Also, is it possible a restraining order happened when they were under 18 years old and there is no paper trail? Even if not, I do not think it is much of a stretch to assume HB was having issues with a past boyfriend, it has come up to many times from "unreliable" sources to not have any consideration.
In regard to LE thinking it is a local and the recent decals on trucks campaign to spread awareness across the country being contradictory, I would say that the Bobo family and friends are doing this on their own, I do not think the TBI has any part of it, so you probably cannot attribute these decals giving any clues as to what the TBI thinks.

I don't know much about this case just what little i seen when it first happened and it was on HLN untill miss anthony took over the world but if this was a stranger abduction someone not knowen to her It's pretty sad when your not even safe in your own yard anymore ..

I don't know everything about the truck decals, but I did purchase one, and I follow the company that makes them, and it's my understanding (I don't have any inside info or know anyone involved except online, so I could be wrong) that the truck decals are something that the family and some family friends decided to do just as a means of doing something. I don't think it's an indication of how LE feels.

There is a possibility that Holly still is alive but it is a very small chance.
i would like to think that she is in a better place and not hurting anymore.

There is a possibility that Holly still is alive but it is a very small chance.
i would like to think that she is in a better place and not hurting anymore.

Yeah... I want to think she is alive too. And there is always that chance at least based on what little we know. On the other hand based on so many other cases she was probably dead by 10 AM the day she vanished.

I kind of thought this case would be solved by now as it seemed like someone she might have known might have taken her and knew her schedule so that would narrow down the list of POI. The house seemed a bit seclueded so it didn't sound like just a random abduction. It seems like with the tornadoes and the Casey Anthony trial this case didn't continue to get much attention. It doesn't look good for Holly.

This is a pretty insignificant question, but I'm not from the area, so I'm just wondering. Is Darden in Decatur or Henderson County? Holly's posters say Decatur County, so I assumed Darden was in Decatur and maybe Parsons is in Henderson, but I've also seen businesses in Darden listed as being in Henderson County. I know some towns have parts in more than one county, but it seems like Darden's too small for that to be the case.

Kind of like where I live. Her home may be in one county, but the zip code may span another county. I have been looking for supplemental insurance and when I type in my zip code, a box comes up asking which county I live in, since the zip code falls into 3 different counties.

Holly, honey... I'm sorry we've let you down.

Not too crazy about this article: :shakehead:

"Holly Bobo and Politics of Missing Persons"

http://news.discovery.com/human/missing-persons-politics-110721.html
What a strange article. I do not think this person has any idea what they are writing about.
He contends that the Bobo family have done a great job keeping awareness up, having a somewhat famous cousin is the second reason she is still on people minds, then a third reason that she is a young, attractive 20 year old Caucasian.
First, we can debate the actions or inactions of the Bobo family relating to the media until we are blue in the face. I think we would all agree that the TBI has kept them under lock and key. Personally, I have felt the odd behaviors and conflicting versions of events by all people involved in this case are a big reason people are still paying attention. Seems there are some odd things going on in TN and people are curious.
Second, having a famous cousin may help get the original story out, but after that her relevance is moot.
Third, she is a young attractive white woman. DUH really?
He also asks why the governor of TN has offered such a large reward for HB, when there are other missing woman in TN recently. If he put 2 and 2 together, he could of easily answered all of his questions by realizing that HB was abducted by a man in camo clothing outside of her home, was forcibly lead into the woods with her abductor and it was partially witnessed by her brother. I would think that would cause quite a bit of attention, as oppose to someone just vanishing.

Tammy said that shortly after he woke up Clint received a call from his mom who asked him, "Where's Holly?" He told her that Holly went into the woods with her boyfriend, Drew.

Karen told Clint, "It wasn't Drew," panicked, hung up, and called 911.
Continue reading on Examiner.com 3 months later, friend reflects on the morning Holly Bobo went missing - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...morning-holly-bobo-went-missing#ixzz1SrNTqXGx

It still bothers me that Mom know right away it wasn't the boyfriend. Which make me feel that Holly was being stalk or harass. the question to me was it someone she know or someone that admire her a far?

Where Holly? :(

Tammy said that shortly after he woke up Clint received a call from his mom who asked him, "Where's Holly?" He told her that Holly went into the woods with her boyfriend, Drew.

Karen told Clint, "It wasn't Drew," panicked, hung up, and called 911.
Continue reading on Examiner.com 3 months later, friend reflects on the morning Holly Bobo went missing - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...morning-holly-bobo-went-missing#ixzz1SrNTqXGx

It still bothers me that Mom know right away it wasn't the boyfriend. Which make me feel that Holly was being stalk or harass. the question to me was it someone she know or someone that admire her a far?

Where Holly? :(

BBM

Wow bit of a bombshell you found tfrohning! A really different version of events that morning - we now have:

it's a neighbor who calls Holly's mom Karen to tell her she'd heard someone scream.

Karen panics because their home is located in a very rural area with few homes nearby.....

Karen has forgotten her cell phone and borrowed her friend's to call Clint....

Karen asks Clint, "Where's Holly?" He says Holly went into the woods with her boyfriend, Drew. ......

Karen tells Clint, "It wasn't Drew," panicked, hung up, and called 911

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...morning-holly-bobo-went-missing#ixzz1SrNTqXGx

ETA:
Oops!- may have gotten suckered into this... sorry did not realize this is not a MSM article!

BBM

Wow bit of a bombshell you found tfrohning! A really different version of events that morning - we now have:

it's a neighbor who calls Holly's mom Karen to tell her she'd heard someone scream.

Karen panics because their home is located in a very rural area with few homes nearby.....

Karen has forgotten her cell phone and borrowed her friend's to call Clint....

Karen asks Clint, "Where's Holly?" He says Holly went into the woods with her boyfriend, Drew. ......

Karen tells Clint, "It wasn't Drew," panicked, hung up, and called 911

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...morning-holly-bobo-went-missing#ixzz1SrNTqXGx
Before we get too excited, remember that examiner and gather are both blogs, not MSM, and this person and the one from gather have provided some very "colorful" versions throughout. They are also pay-for-click and self-serving. I wish their links would be banned from WS being what they are. Just sayin'

Mods, I hope I didn't cross any lines, I bit my tongue really hard.

Those non-MSM articles usually are banned here...lately examiner has crept onto WS more and more...

Tammy knows the Bobos? Is she the new spokesperson for the family? Did they provide this info to her to convey to this blogger?

Where did she get this information that she's "heard over and over the past three month'? I know she runs a FB page. Maybe from there? She says she arrived on the scene and heard details there. From whom?

I'm always skeptical when people relay details of a case they have no firsthand knowledge of, and don't even say from whom they got the info. Leaves a big question mark in my mind.

I THINK but am not positive that Tammy was the black-haired lady sitting in the church with Dana and Karen in their most recent interview. I don't remember whether or not they showed her name, but if not I remember one of the reasons I thought this is because I assumed she was the mother of Holly's best friend, who was also there in the church, and her last name was White.

Tammy knows the Bobos? Is she the new spokesperson for the family? Did they provide this info to her to convey to this blogger?

Where did she get this information that she's "heard over and over the past three month'? I know she runs a FB page. Maybe from there? She says she arrived on the scene and heard details there. From whom?

I'm always skeptical when people relay details of a case they have no firsthand knowledge of, and don't even say from whom they got the info. Leaves a big question mark in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member