TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After being gone and unplugged I was really hoping I would come home and Holly would have been found. No such luck. Very sad and very frustrating.

sarx, I know how you feel. Very frustrating.

I think several of the biggest obstacles in finding Holly are determining the direction of travel she and/or her abductor may have taken, the mode of transportation that might have been used- and what methods were used to determine these facts within the first 12-24 hours of her abduction.

Would you mind taking a fresh look at the gridded area surrounding the Bobo's residence, and sharing your thoughts about possible directions of travel- both if Holly were under duress and not under duress? TIA.

sarx, I know how you feel. Very frustrating.

I think several of the biggest obstacles in finding Holly are determining the direction of travel she and/or her abductor may have taken, the mode of transportation that might have been used- and what methods were used to determine these facts within the first 12-24 hours of her abduction.

Would you mind taking a fresh look at the gridded area surrounding the Bobo's residence, and sharing your thoughts about possible directions of travel- both if Holly were under duress and not under duress? TIA.

I'd be happy to. Send them over and I'll look at them today. Being that my gut was totally wrong on this case, I'll check it at the door and go with experience and odds while looking at the grids!

I'd be happy to. Send them over and I'll look at them today. Being that my gut was totally wrong on this case, I'll check it at the door and go with experience and odds while looking at the grids!

Thank you and will do.

Sarx, I can't remember, what did you initially think may have happened, if you don't mind saying? Thanks.

Sorry, but who is going to pay $26 plus shipping for one of these posters?

I did.

The personal car clings are $5.50 plus shipping, and the $25.50 posters you don't have shipped to yourself because you are sponsoring them for a trucking company, and I didn't pay tax because I'm out of state. It was worth it to me. I agree that this may have made more sense early on, and it's confusing since they say they have no reason to believe she left the area, but I feel like it can't hurt, and it's the least I can do for this family.

ETA: And, by the way, Amerawear Corp. is making zero profit off of this.

Well I wish there was a way to reach the fulltimers, the RVers who fulltime, especially the Camp Hosts as they call them - many in remote areas - just to keep their eyes peeled - maybe I might go to an RV forum or something and post over there - in case she is being forced to live in the wilderness. As the season winds down, the Camp Hosts could look even more carefully, see who's staying in the area, it will be only the hardcore wilderness people. I guess I just want to believe she is alive, being held, and was not killed by her horrible abductor.

praying for Holly... I think of her daily and hope she is found soon

I did.

The personal car clings are $5.50 plus shipping, and the $25.50 posters you don't have shipped to yourself because you are sponsoring them for a trucking company, and I didn't pay tax because I'm out of state. It was worth it to me. I agree that this may have made more sense early on, and it's confusing since they say they have no reason to believe she left the area, but I feel like it can't hurt, and it's the least I can do for this family.

ETA: And, by the way, Amerawear Corp. is making zero profit off of this.

I see....I misunderstood. I thought they were selling them to the public. I must have read too fast...or it was late at night and I was tired. I couldn't understand why someone would want to purchase a life-sized poster of this nature for personal use.
Its great that you did this....I know the family is thankful for the help and concern.

I see....I misunderstood. I thought they were selling them to the public. I must have read too fast...or it was late at night and I was tired. I couldn't understand why someone would want to purchase a life-sized poster of this nature for personal use.
Its great that you did this....I know the family is thankful for the help and concern.

Haha, that's kind of a funny way to put it. No worries. You weren't entirely wrong, because the car clings are being sold to the public for "personal use". I can see how you would have thought that would have been strange.

I am glad that the family is speaking out (out more) and the new images etc can't hurt. Although I must wonder why it took 3 months for this to happen.

I am glad that the family is speaking out (out more) and the new images etc can't hurt. Although I must wonder why it took 3 months for this to happen.

While I can understand being in shock and grieving, I am surprised they did not have/obtain better advice initially, as if people know anything about missing persons cases, it is how important the initial 48 or so hours after the disappearance are. If Holly is alive, I doubt very much she looks like any of the photos we've seen of her, by now. And if she isn't, memories fade so quickly, people can't remember when or where they may have seen something unusual. I guess they will start getting tips, but I doubt any will be of use, or be valid ones...

Praying for Holly today.

Wish her parents would have been outspoken from day 1. I agree that they really needed better advice early on.

The trucking posters make so much sense and a very easy way to get the word out.

OT-would love to see pictures of Hailey Dunn on trucks....

The family is doing and putting out what they can now. I'm pretty sure it's a local with an alibi but sure glad they have the strength to even move with Holly missing, I'd be devastated. Lot's of love going out to them!

I'm only occasionally right, but that's my op right now. Maybe they are tired of waiting for an arrest & not sure right now, I think I would be about now. Holly Bobo needs attention. I agree!

What is sad about this happening now, after three months, is maybe LE doesn't really have solid reasons for saying all along that they believed this was a local crime, local criminal and that Holly was still in W. Tennessee...

What is sad about this happening now, after three months, is maybe LE doesn't really have solid reasons for saying all along that they believed this was a local crime, local criminal and that Holly was still in W. Tennessee...

Maybe we should send them some links to the Groene/McKenzie case.

Holly Bobo: 'Holly Across America' Campaign Kicks Off Tuesday
http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979612477

So, is anyone ready for another version of events that morning?

Holly, 20, went missing April 13. A man dressed in camouflage led her into the woods. Her brother, Clint Bobo, was looking out the window of their family home and thought the man was her boyfriend.

There has been some question about who called 911. Within moments their mother, Karen Bobo, received a phone call at work from a neighbor who said she heard a woman scream.

Family friend Tammy White said Karen immediately called 911 then called Clint. Clint went outside and saw blood on the ground. He immediately called 911 and ran to try to find his sister.

This other story was reported five days ago-
http://www.wmctv.com/story/15037152/three-months-later-what-happened-to-holly-bobo

Wyatt said Clint Bobo called his mother first. She then called 911. Soon after, people were searching the wooded area around the Bobo family's house.

I never understood why there were so many different versions. The truth doesn't change.

I'm trying very hard to believe in this family but my hinky meter was way up there from the beginning and now after watching the PC, I realized that something is still nagging at me. Mom and brother don't seem ok to me. I'll call it a gut feeling.

Seems like forever since those first couple of weeks listening to the scanner for Holly. I felt for sure they were so close to finding her, that she was right in those woods around her home, or up in the state park nearby. But then...nothing. Day after day. And now three months past.

Where are you Holly?! Still thinking of you. :(

Look I'm not going to give any more warnings. If you have a problem with a post hit the alert button. Do not carry out arguments on the thread. It is against the Rules here and I'm getting tired of saying it.

We aren't getting anywhere with the constant discussion and whining about the family not speaking out. Or throwing baits about the family which I have warned against repeatedly.

Go look for some news, stop picking apart the family and do what we are here to to. Take news articles and try to find something in them if nothing else document them.

This is not why we are here. All of the negativity is counter productive. Sometimes cases are just not active and we have to go with what we have.

Please take the links provided and keep checking for news. But stop bashing LE and stop pounding on this family. Because this family has not acted the way we would like to see, or because LE hasn't kept a constant news leak means nothing more than the case is being handled differently. Until we have proof otherwise stop.

Last and Final warning.

Bumping for a refresher. Thanks, gram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members