TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news source mentioned above (wmctv.com) said we will hear from Holly's mother and brother at 10:00 pm central time. It might be old footage, but I wanted to update those interested. NBC News channel 5, Memphis.
They spoke about the posters on trucks as well.

This would have made alot more sense in the days after her disapearence. Imo.

Agree! Also wonder if they will update flyers as well with this new photo?

I thought the decal (correct me if I'm wrong) was going to be given free to some/all? trucking concerns who want them, but otherwise there is a charge to cover costs...

"The large posters are $25.50, and the smaller decals cost $5.50. Tax and shipping are extra"
http://fox17.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wztv_vid_8491.shtml

Is there any significance that this campaign is directed at trucking - do they think Holly is being held by a trucker and/or is being moved around the country with him?

I thought the decal (correct me if I'm wrong) was going to be given free to some/all? trucking concerns who want them, but otherwise there is a charge to cover costs...

"The large posters are $25.50, and the smaller decals cost $5.50. Tax and shipping are extra"

Is there any significance that this campaign is directed at trucking - do they think Holly is being held by a trucker and/or is being moved around the country with him?

Sorry, but who is going to pay $26 plus shipping for one of these posters?

I don't know how the new posters are going to help since Holly is most likely gone. :( I don't know why they didn't do this at the very beginning of the search when Holly might possibly still be alive and not three months later.

No, I think it's more to get the word out that Holly has been abducted.
They think whoever the perp(s) are they are local.

Her house is in a very secluded wooded area, you would have to pretty much know where she lives/ woods around her home in order to find her house.

This campaign is Holly Bobo Across America, to spread her pic and info across the country.

There are several missing child organizations who've fairly recently been trying to get something going with truckers where they put posters on their trucks, and hand them out at truck stops, and give them to other truckers to do the same.

It's because they go all across the country, and fairly quickly, and have good communication with each other. It's a big network that's just sitting there and can be used to spread the word country-wide. Especially good if there's a known vehicle.

Gather is a tabloidesque pay-for-clicks blog. I could say a lot about that particular blogger and the shenanigans she gets up to, but... I'd be banninated. :silenced:

Examiner, Suite101, and now About.com are all also pay-for-clicks blogs.

I hover my mouse over links to see the URL before clicking, because I want to make sure I don't click on pay-for-clicks blogs and contribute to the exploitation of victims and their families.

My Soapbox o' the Day. :)
BeanE, I would first like to say thanks for all of your contributions to this thread, your website is also helpful. I cannot disagree with you that some bloggers are just out there to make a name for themselves, but let's get a reality check about this. First, this case is unique in regards to the limited information out there being twisted to suit whoever's fancy any given day writing about this case. These bloggers you are talking about make a dollar per article if they are lucky, not like this is a real job, because if it was everybody would be doing it. If somebody is being paid money that i am not giving away and they are keeping awareness about a story i am interested in, why should I concern myself? In fact, there has been many complaints as this case has progressed that nobody is talking to keep awareness. Also, this case has little known facts other than HB is missing,so no matter who the author or source is for information, it's a guessing game. Also, this blogger knows how to spell, unlike some MSM out there.
In conclusion, if ONE person found out about HB story from these bloggers, and that one person told somebody else and so on down the line, maybe A LOT of people are aware because of these articles. So a tabloidesque blogger full of shenanigans who has made maybe ten dollars since this story broke isn't worth the trouble, even if they made one person aware of this story?

CBS/WREG/AP) PARSONS, Tenn. - The investigation into the disappearance of 20-year-old nursing student Holly Bobo is still a missing persons case, not a homicide, authorities said, three months after the nursing student was apparently abducted from her central Tennessee home.

Pictures: Holly Bobo Missing

Karen Bobo, Holly's mother, says the family has to keep believing and hoping for the best, Nashville station WRKN reports.

"It seems like it gets harder every day, but we are not giving up," Karen Bobo told the station. "We have to keep believing and keep hoping and we do."

After being gone and unplugged I was really hoping I would come home and Holly would have been found. No such luck. Very sad and very frustrating.

After being gone and unplugged I was really hoping I would come home and Holly would have been found. No such luck. Very sad and very frustrating.

I wondered where you had been. Missed you.

Holly is still missing. Yes sad and frustrating, indeed.

I wondered where you had been. Missed you.

Holly is still missing. Yes sad and frustrating, indeed.

Ahhh, thanks. I'd like to say it's good to be back, but at the moment I'm not feeling it, lol.

Playing catch up on a number of cases and none of it is making me smile.

let's get a reality check about this.

:waitasec:

So a tabloidesque blogger full of shenanigans who has made maybe ten dollars since this story broke isn't worth the trouble, even if they made one person aware of this story?

No. It's never okay to exploit crime victims in order to make a buck. Or even a penny.

My opinion.

Well it sure caught my ear is all... and i thought it strange JMO

Looking over and looking for mean 2 diff things to me.

Yes, of course they are different... just not all that sinister, IMO. These parents are distraught, I'm sure it's an effort to even speak at all.

Fwiw, I happened to notice that Holly was the "featured" missing person in the Sunday coupon flyers this past weekend. Since I live in Nebraska, and there hasn't been ANY news about her case up here since her initial disappearance, I was a little surprised, but happy, to see her face being given some exposure here.

Praying for your return home every day, Holly. This family needs some peace. :-(

Holly was abducted 3 months ago today. I can't believe she is still missing. I feel so sad for her parents and brother. I hope something breaks wide open in this case very soon.

:waitasec:

No. It's never okay to exploit crime victims in order to make a buck. Or even a penny.

My opinion.
I don't want to veer to far off topic or argue or ruffle feathers, but I see there were a few thanks given to your original post that certain non-MSM websites are exploiting victims for profit. This viewpoint has piqued my curiosity. If you went missing, you would not want anybody and everybody trying to raise awareness about your situation?
I also wonder what thoughts are out there about MSM and the journalists they employ. These people are being paid to report on a story. Do you think they are writing the bare minimum to raise awareness or are they exploiting the truth to try and sell more newspapers or get more hits onto their website or more TV viewers? If a journalist was told they would not be paid for covering any given story, do you think they would still cover it? If a LEO was involved in an investigation and they were fired one day or told to not pursue an investigation anymore, do you think they would continue to investigate the case? Do you think private investigators work for free? All of these people make a living by "exploiting" any event, for better or worse.
Again, I am trying to understand the logic behind this sentiment, I really do not get it. If the argument was over specific content and source, that's fair. But the idea that somebody profiting off another's misfortune is not the norm, I would argue the exact opposite. American history is full of events that one person or group of people were exploited for somebody else's profit.

I don't want to veer to far off topic or argue or ruffle feathers, but I see there were a few thanks given to your original post that certain non-MSM websites are exploiting victims for profit. This viewpoint has piqued my curiosity. If you went missing, you would not want anybody and everybody trying to raise awareness about your situation?
I also wonder what thoughts are out there about MSM and the journalists they employ. These people are being paid to report on a story. Do you think they are writing the bare minimum to raise awareness or are they exploiting the truth to try and sell more newspapers or get more hits onto their website or more TV viewers? If a journalist was told they would not be paid for covering any given story, do you think they would still cover it? If a LEO was involved in an investigation and they were fired one day or told to not pursue an investigation anymore, do you think they would continue to investigate the case? Do you think private investigators work for free? All of these people make a living by "exploiting" any event, for better or worse.
Again, I am trying to understand the logic behind this sentiment, I really do not get it. If the argument was over specific content and source, that's fair. But the idea that somebody profiting off another's misfortune is not the norm, I would argue the exact opposite. American history is full of events that one person or group of people were exploited for somebody else's profit.

This is pertinent to many/all missing and murdered victims, and is a huge topic (and of great interest to me!), but I don't want to detract from the attention Holly deserves in her forum, if it's considered off-topic here. We could check w/a mod and see if the conversation could be moved to the Jury Room forum maybe? I think others may be interested in the discussion too, and it could grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE