TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one case where I think LE should release at least some of the info they have been holding back. The fact that they won't leads me to believe that doing so will make them look slack in their first response to this crime. The 911 calls most certainly should be released to the public. This would help set the record straight about the first moments after the incident occurred.

Not only did LE NOT allow people to enter the woods immediately, when it would have been most helpful, but they later allowed thousands of residents to scour the woods, trampling over what may have been valuable evidence....or most likely, allowing the perp(s) to place evidence in random places, misleading authorities and throwing them off the true trail.

The lack of immediate roadblocks is a mystery. Seems like the number 1 thing to do in the case of an abduction. Its a relatively easy process too. I wonder how quickly local authorities contacted TBI? It seems to me that TBI would have a checklist of first responses in this type of crime....#1 Secure the scene of the crime #2 Set up roadblocks to prevent escape

This is one case where I think LE should release at least some of the info they have been holding back. The fact that they won't leads me to believe that doing so will make them look slack in their first response to this crime. The 911 calls most certainly should be released to the public. This would help set the record straight about the first moments after the incident occurred.

<snip to point>

The lack of immediate roadblocks is a mystery. Seems like the number 1 thing to do in the case of an abduction. Its a relatively easy process too. I wonder how quickly local authorities contacted TBI? It seems to me that TBI would have a checklist of first responses in this type of crime....#1 Secure the scene of the crime #2 Set up roadblocks to prevent escape

Can any member of the public put in a FOIA request for the 911 calls? Or does it have to be a reporter who does it?

Has anyone from that area gone to the clerk's office (I suppose they'd have to go to both Henderson and Decatur counties since the calls went to both) and inquired about the process of getting the 911 calls, and if they're available to the public or only media?

I don't recall seeing that the 911 calls were sealed. Does anyone else remember if they were?

On the roadblocks, looking at the map and the aerials of the Bobo home, and knowing everybody was standing around the driveway, it looks to me like the abductor just took Holly north, hopped on Swan Johnson Rd, and moseyed on down the road. Why not? Nobody to stop him. Poor Holly. :(

Can any member of the public put in a FOIA request for the 911 calls? Or does it have to be a reporter who does it?

Has anyone from that area gone to the clerk's office (I suppose they'd have to go to both Henderson and Decatur counties since the calls went to both) and inquired about the process of getting the 911 calls, and if they're available to the public or only media?

I don't recall seeing that the 911 calls were sealed. Does anyone else remember if they were?

On the roadblocks, looking at the map and the aerials of the Bobo home, and knowing everybody was standing around the driveway, it looks to me like the abductor just took Holly north, hopped on Swan Johnson Rd, and moseyed on down the road. Why not? Nobody to stop him. Poor Holly. :(

I think that anyone can submit a Right to Know request.

Snipped:

Holly Bobo's Family Recounts the Day She Vanished- With video
http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-holly...the-day-she-vanished-20110722,0,6800717.story
The interview we have all been waiting for. Better late than never. ...................

I hate to say this, but I have to call BS on a lot of this article. This is more covering up for something else IMO. I mean, to me.....

Two really good posts! Many good points - you covered all the things that ran through my old noggin!

I'm shocked we still don't have all 4 911 calls being released. What harm would it cause?

Well maybe the calls and information given that morning are not adding up in some way?

How can LE TBI AND FBI all be so off the grid?
We all thought Clint called why wouldnt he? She was not abducted?

Im lost, this is the most strange and confusing missing persons case i have ever followed.

Snipped:

Two really good posts! Many good points - you covered all the things that ran through my old noggin!

Same with me its like a huge cover up how can this story change again??
And again?
and again!

Dont you think media has tried? I would think so!
Ya know the standing around thing might be they may have thought she left on her own (willingly) Seems to me the storys keep a changing.

BBM. I don't understand either. I think I'm giving up in all these cases on understanding. In a lot of ways.

Why the heck would TBI first publish she was "drug" into the woods, then say repeatedly in the media, on video, that she was not just led, but specifically, led and held by the arm?

I'm a strong supporter of LE, but this is too much. They need to explain their statements, and why they made them.

I have a feeling we will be hearing from them soon!
I dont think they can keeo quiet now!

Is someone in this case outright lying or just have mistaken the facts.

Usually, if something doesn't make sense, someone is lying. IMO.

Snipped:

Thanks but it seems my second post has been erased? WHY? I guess somebody was unhappy about it, but it was the truth.Would like more clarification if possible.

I don't think anyone is lying. I think what may have happened is that local LE talked to the Bobos, and then when TBI got there, local LE talked with TBI. I'm thinking TBI didn't talk directly to the Bobos until maybe even days later - maybe longer.

Now add in to that mix that local LE was getting their info from 3 family members who were likely out of their minds upset, and then add on to that (if you wanna :)) that Roy the Sheriff (can't remember his last name atm) seems to be a pretty emotional guy, and I'm thinking maybe he was more emotional, in an emotionally charged situation, than he should have been, given his profession, and maybe that contributed to info getting confused along the way.

Part of why I say this is because I can easily picture Sheriff Roy saying "Oh my Lord he drug her right into the woods!". And I don't mean that in any way unkindly. It's just the way he speaks and acts in the video interviews. Old fashioned, folksy, emotional. My impression/opinion.

3 upset family members >> upset sheriff >> TBI >> media

In my mind, the discrepancy lies with what LE believed initially whether Holly was led into the woods voluntarily (with someone she knew) versus being abducted (by a stranger).

And I don't understand why the family was kept out of the woods to search for their beloved Holly. No one could have kept me out those woods to search for my loved one. I know hindsight is 20/20, but something seems off here and I can't shake it. JMO.

Why would Holly's mom talk to Holly's bf so early in the morning? Did the bf sleep over? She said she knew it wasn't the bf because she had spoken to him? Huh? I'm confused.

I don't get this either.

I don't think anyone is lying. I think what may have happened is that local LE talked to the Bobos, and then when TBI got there, local LE talked with TBI. I'm thinking TBI didn't talk directly to the Bobos until maybe even days later - maybe longer.

Now add in to that mix that local LE was getting their info from 3 family members who were likely out of their minds upset, and then add on to that (if you wanna :)) that Roy the Sheriff (can't remember his last name atm) seems to be a pretty emotional guy, and I'm thinking maybe he was more emotional, in an emotionally charged situation, than he should have been, given his profession, and maybe that contributed to info getting confused along the way.

Part of why I say this is because I can easily picture Sheriff Roy saying "Oh my Lord he drug her right into the woods!". And I don't mean that in any way unkindly. It's just the way he speaks and acts in the video interviews. Old fashioned, folksy, emotional. My impression/opinion.

3 upset family members >> upset sheriff >> TBI >> media
I am not one to bash LE. I may disagree with something or think they are not always the brightest, but if what you suggest is true, that is unbelievable. If TBI takes control of the investigation and their first reaction is not to talk to the Bobo's, they may as well of handed their badges in that same day. Same with the sheriff, if he cannot compose himself in a crisis, he has no business doing that job.

I am not one to bash LE. I may disagree with something or think they are not always the brightest, but if what you suggest is true, that is unbelievable. If TBI takes control of the investigation and their first reaction is not to talk to the Bobo's, they may as well of handed their badges in that same day. Same with the sheriff, if he cannot compose himself in a crisis, he has no business doing that job.

I'm thinking that Karen had a meltdown, considering that 2 days later, she couldn't even walk. Dana and Clint would have been trying to take care of her. Clint must have been half out of his mind. They may have sedated the whole family.

All the above making it a necessity that TBI get their info from local LE.

But... bottom line, I'm just trying to guess at likely reasons why the info may have gotten mixed up. There's usually a very simple explanation to these things. Not an excuse - just an explanation.

If Holly's mom was aware of the scream (from the neighbor) and that is wasn't Holly's boyfriend with her (since she had already talked to the boyfriend)......why did she not send Clint to check on her daughter/his sister?

I was around the first day this thing happened....back then it was described as a "home invasion," which is another matter all together. I know there might be some small semantics issues with "led," "dragged," "forced," but you really can't screw up "home invasion" and "abduction." This has always been a big issue with me. It was a "home invasion" from the very first reports and I'm not sure how they gathered that. From the very first interviews, what made them think "home invasion?"

If Holly's mom was aware of the scream (from the neighbor) and that is wasn't Holly's boyfriend with her (since she had already talked to the boyfriend)......why did she not send Clint to check on her daughter/his sister?

I wonder why the neighbour didn't call the house first? Isn't that a normal reaction if a scream is heard coming from a neighbour's home? Call , ask if everything is ok? Why did she call the school where KB works?

Or did neighbour call and nobody answered?

That's basically what she did. After his mom's call is when Clint went outside to find the blood (and supposedly, a spilled Coke can) by Holly's car. He then went into the woods to see if he could find her and he saw nothing so he returned home.

I was around the first day this thing happened....back then it was described as a "home invasion," which is another matter all together. I know there might be some small semantics issues with "led," "dragged," "forced," but you really can't screw up "home invasion" and "abduction." This has always been a big issue with me. It was a "home invasion" from the very first reports and I'm not sure how they gathered that. From the very first interviews, what made them think "home invasion?"

IIRC, home invasion came from a (gulp) TBI press release.

ETA:

MISSING WOMAN FEARED TO BE VICTIM OF HOME INVASION KIDNAPPING

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Decatur County Sheriff&#8217;s Office are
actively looking for leads in a possible home invasion

being drug across the carport

TBI, Kristin Helm, APRIL 13, 2011
http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/news_roo...Feared Victim of Home Invasion Kidnapping.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya