TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It almost feels like the unsub is a person who is unafraid. Someone who is so close to LE or the community, that they might never be suspected....or if suspected, would never have to worry about being discovered. Perhaps someone with connections? Mmmmm....
Don't know. Just a feeling....

I would add to your list that the unsub has a word-of-mouth alibi - meaning it's been given by family or friends.
I say that because I've seen a number of cases where LE has been too accepting of alibi's given by family or friends. Also, I hope LE is skeptical of cellphone pings used as alibis...

Her cousin was very involved at the beginning. Sorry I don't recall her name offhand. She made some tv appearance begging people to come forward and so on. Has she made any other pleas since then? TIA

Her cousin was very involved at the beginning. Sorry I don't recall her name offhand. She made some tv appearance begging people to come forward and so on. Has she made any other pleas since then? TIA

Whitney Duncan? Or Natalie?

If you mean Whitney, she tweeted a few times not that long ago after being silent about Holly for some time. You can find her tweets in Holly's tweet archive - I save all the reporter and news station (and country singer cousin) tweets for ease of reference.

http://keepstream.com/CaseSignal/holly-bobo-case-tweets

Whitney Duncan? Or Natalie?

If you mean Whitney, she tweeted a few times not that long ago after being silent about Holly for some time. You can find her tweets in Holly's tweet archive - I save all the reporter and news station (and country singer cousin) tweets for ease of reference.

http://keepstream.com/CaseSignal/holly-bobo-case-tweets

Yes, Whitney. Thank you. This tweet posted 9 hours ago.

RT @MStoneMusic: Tune into GMA tomorrow morning at 7:30 to see a report on Holly Bobo! RT @whitneyduncan

http://twitter.com/#!/whitneyduncan

BBM

Wow bit of a bombshell you found tfrohning! A really different version of events that morning - we now have:

it's a neighbor who calls Holly's mom Karen to tell her she'd heard someone scream.

Karen panics because their home is located in a very rural area with few homes nearby.....

Karen has forgotten her cell phone and borrowed her friend's to call Clint....

Karen asks Clint, "Where's Holly?" He says Holly went into the woods with her boyfriend, Drew. ......

Karen tells Clint, "It wasn't Drew," panicked, hung up, and called 911

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...morning-holly-bobo-went-missing#ixzz1SrNTqXGx

ETA:
Oops!- may have gotten suckered into this... sorry did not realize this is not a MSM article!

Well, seems this article was credible as more family members speak out!

I respect the family for the way they acted throughout their ordeal.

Yesterday we heard that clint never made one of the 4 911 calls. Did he or not?

Didn't LE state several times that Clint had called 911, or am I imagining things? If so, why say that if he did not make the call?

Does LE have ANYTHING at all on this case? I fear not. I hope I am wrong.

Didn't LE state several times that Clint had called 911, or am I imagining things? If so, why say that if he did not make the call?

Multiple versions of the same idea? How shocking....
I would venture to say that TBI has enough to know who is involved, or else they would not be acting this way. Also, consider all the other LE agencies that have been involved, that is a lot of oversight. Look at how the case has progressed, keeping the family on lock down until the time comes that it no longer suits their purpose. Three months later let the family run the gauntlet of news media to keep awareness up, without having to make any press releases themselves, keep the family on a script to keep their version of events just how they want it. It is all a self serving means to an end, and I don't like it very much, but it is what it is at this point. I'm not sure this case will ever have resolution until HB is found. Such a sad case to follow and even if I do not like the way this case has been handled by everyone involved, it is hard to watch that family do what they are doing when you know they are victims in more than one way.

It all depends on what version. Original version said one from Clint and an unidentified woman.

According to Sheriff Wyatt other small details have surfaced since the young woman was last seen by her brother, Clint Bobo. Sheriff Wyatt revealed today that two 911 calls regarding the abduction had been placed at the time of the girl's disappearance.

One call was from her brother, who was in the home, and the other was from a woman police did not identify.

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsou...ction-twent-five-thousand-reward-offered.html

Multiple versions of the same idea? How shocking....
I would venture to say that TBI has enough to know who is involved, or else they would not be acting this way. Also, consider all the other LE agencies that have been involved, that is a lot of oversight. Look at how the case has progressed, keeping the family on lock down until the time comes that it no longer suits their purpose. Three months later let the family run the gauntlet of news media to keep awareness up, without having to make any press releases themselves, keep the family on a script to keep their version of events just how they want it. It is all a self serving means to an end, and I don't like it very much, but it is what it is at this point. I'm not sure this case will ever have resolution until HB is found. Such a sad case to follow and even if I do not like the way this case has been handled by everyone involved, it is hard to watch that family do what they are doing when you know they are victims in more than one way.

I wish I believed that this "case had progressed". I think they are at the exact same spot they were at on April 13, and the only progression has been in the varied stories/details we have heard through LE and the media.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. :floorlaugh:

ETA: here's everything I collected about phone calls:

The Two 911 Calls

- April 13: Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt

Case Signal transcriptions:

Sheriff Wyatt: “approximately around 7:30 this date, received a call”

Sheriff Wyatt: “we went to the scene immediately”

Reporter: “Who exactly saw this young lady taken?”
Sheriff Wyatt: “It was a neighbor that lives just up the road there from the house, and didn’t see it, but heard the screams of the young lady as she was leaving the house.”

- April 14: ABC 7 WBBJ
- A neighbor who spoke with ABC 7 Eyewitness News said they heard screaming and that is when help was called. All police were told is that she was taken into the woods.

- Because the area where the incident happened is rural, investigators said it took time for police to arrive and organize the search.

- The family said there may have been as much as a 45 minute time gap form the time this happened, to when the search started.

- April 14: Jackson Sun News Article
Authorities said the 911 center received two calls about the abduction, one from Bobo’s 25-year-old brother, who was home at the time, and the other from Bobo’s mother, who wasn’t.

Investigators say they believe a man dressed in camouflage kidnapped her during a home invasion. A neighbor called police after hearing Bobo scream, and a family member saw the man in camouflage drag her from their carport toward the woods behind their home, authorities said.

- April 14: WBBJ News Article
“The brother has been very helpful to us and the family has been very helpful, said John Mehr, agent in charge with the TBI. “The brother is the one that called 911 and the mother has reached out to someone to call 911.”

- April 14: Midsouthnewz News Article
Sheriff Wyatt revealed today that two 911 calls regarding the abduction had been placed at the time of the girl’s disappearance. One call was from her brother, who was in the home, and the other was from a woman police did not identify.

- April 15: Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt:
Case Signal transcription:

Sheriff Wyatt: “It was shortly before we got the call at my office, which came in at 7:59am. Officers was dispatched, and then we took it up from there. The mother was there on the scene when we got there.”

Argh! The links didn't copy over. They're all on this page:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/holly-bobo-timeline/

I have never ever seen such a convoluted bunch of contradictory nonsense as we have here!

Honestly there is no way WE can try to figure this out not knowing even the most basic elements of the story. No wonder LE never released any of the 911 calls (which is pretty standard). They keep finding more and more!

If somehing(s) as simple as who/how many people called 911 can't be determined after 3 months, how do we know how accurate (or not) much of the rest of the story is?

Unless I see the family themselves speaking on video about what Clint saw or what they specifically did, I really don't know what to think about any of this.

I think a lot of us figured something fishy was going on a long while ago too. This case would constipate Einstein.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. :floorlaugh:

ETA: here's everything I collected about phone calls:

The Two 911 Calls

- April 13: Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt

Case Signal transcriptions:

Sheriff Wyatt: “approximately around 7:30 this date, received a call”

Sheriff Wyatt: “we went to the scene immediately”

Reporter: “Who exactly saw this young lady taken?”
Sheriff Wyatt: “It was a neighbor that lives just up the road there from the house, and didn’t see it, but heard the screams of the young lady as she was leaving the house.”

- April 14: ABC 7 WBBJ
- A neighbor who spoke with ABC 7 Eyewitness News said they heard screaming and that is when help was called. All police were told is that she was taken into the woods.

- Because the area where the incident happened is rural, investigators said it took time for police to arrive and organize the search.

- The family said there may have been as much as a 45 minute time gap form the time this happened, to when the search started.

Authorities said the 911 center received two calls about the abduction, one from Bobo’s 25-year-old brother, who was home at the time, and the other from Bobo’s mother, who wasn’t.

Investigators say they believe a man dressed in camouflage kidnapped her during a home invasion. A neighbor called police after hearing Bobo scream, and a family member saw the man in camouflage drag her from their carport toward the woods behind their home, authorities said.

- April 14: WBBJ News Article
“The brother has been very helpful to us and the family has been very helpful, said John Mehr, agent in charge with the TBI. “The brother is the one that called 911 and the mother has reached out to someone to call 911.”

- April 14: Midsouthnewz News Article
Sheriff Wyatt revealed today that two 911 calls regarding the abduction had been placed at the time of the girl’s disappearance. One call was from her brother, who was in the home, and the other was from a woman police did not identify.

- April 15: Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt:
Case Signal transcription:

Sheriff Wyatt: “It was shortly before we got the call at my office, which came in at 7:59am. Officers was dispatched, and then we took it up from there. The mother was there on the scene when we got there.”

Argh! The links didn't copy over. They're all on this page:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/holly-bobo-timeline/

I know others have already said it, but I'm going to reiterate: RELEASE THE 911 CALLS!

This may go a long way in assisting the public in helping to find Holly. IMO.

Some nuance on the calls may spark an inkling of awareness from someone in the public.

By not releasing the 911 calls, is this actually helping to find Holly?

OR

By not releasing the 911 calls, is someone being protected (other than Holly)?

Holly's family on Good Morning America this morning - Monday July 25 - Video link

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/hol...tab=9482930&section=1206852&playlist=14150686
An entire :50 secs of video??? Omg, I think I'm going to have a stroke, and I'm awfully young to have a stroke.

And the caption below the video (in very large type) reads "Hope Remainds for Holly Bobo's Family", and this from ABC. Remainds??? Sigh :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

At least mom was able to speak normal for the first time.

God help poor Holly...between LE's ever changing "facts" and media (including national media) who can't even spell...I've never seen anything like this. :(

An entire :50 secs of video??? Omg, I think I'm going to have a stroke, and I'm awfully young to have a stroke.

And the caption reads "Hope Remainds for Holly Bobo's Family", and this from ABC. Remainds??? Sigh

At least mom was able to speak normal for the first time.

I thought the video connection had failed when I watched it, it was so short. :floorlaugh:

I thought the video connection had failed when I watched it, it was so short. :floorlaugh:
I wondered too, but I replayed it several times and :50 comes up just as it starts to play. And in all actuality there's only maybe :20 secs of mom talking. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya