TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is "attacking" anyone-just a bunch of confused people trying to work out in our heads what actually happened going from what they have said. I think we are all imagining something slightly different. If you are referring the camo comment to me that is what I meant-he sees them walking and can make out clothing, but seems to think Holly was casually walking with her boyfriend? It is just hard for me to imagine her not being tense, arms crossed, crying, shaking, veering or facing away from him, SOMETHING noticeable being wrong. But, if it was just a quick glance maybe you would see something like camo and them not touching, but not bodily cues like crying or arms crossed or being tense. I wish they would do a reenactment and I am only halfway joking with that.

I think a third person being there is interesting too, but how would Clint miss a third person walking away?

Like you said, sometimes tenseness cannot be read. It's only MO, if the attacker informed the victim in no uncertain terms that if she were to act panicked, run or scream, he would kill her (this while in the garage/carport).

If one silhouette is attacking the other or hovering over the other in an aggressive way, that would be obvious IMO.

I disagree from the standpoint that you wouldn't be able to distinguish exactly what's going on from shadow figures or silhouettes, especially since in his perception he had already convinced himself that the guy was probably her boyfriend.

Maybe, if there were a 3rd person, they exited a different way? or went first and was hidden by the trees when CB looked out? or followed up the rear to make sure no one would follow them. I wish we could get an actual picture/image out of the window he supposidly saw everything from. I think this would tell a whole lot. Depending on how much area he could see, he may be able to miss an additional person.

I have to say that watching this interview was eerie and creepy. It did not ring true to me.
Why did he call his mom on the phone to ask HER who the voices were outside the house?
How would she know that? She was not home. He was home, and supposedly his dog was barking like crazy too , SO WHY DIDN"T HE GO AND SEE WHO WAS TALKING ? I do not get this at all.

My jaw was on the floor by the end of the show. Up until tonight, I accepted everything the family had said from the start. But something is just not right imo. Why wasn't she screaming and fighting in the garage ? He heard voices talking outside the house and had time to call his mom and ask her about it? But never thought to step outside and actually check on his sister? He sees her walking with someone out to the woods, even though he knows she was on her way to school---and doesn't yell out- Hey Sis, Wassup?

If one silhouette is attacking the other or hovering over the other in an aggressive way, that would be obvious IMO.

I disagree from the standpoint that you wouldn't be able to distinguish exactly what's going on from shadow figures or silhouettes, especially since in his perception he had already convinced himself that the guy was probably her boyfriend.
He claims he could tell they were kneeling and he could distinguish two silhouettes. Next time you see your shadow, stop and put both hands out a foot apart. Then put both of your hands together. Then put both of your hands together like they are struggling. There is a difference.

Two more questions that may help me develop my own scenario-firstly, can someone clarify whether the Mom started to panic with the initial phone call from Clint that we are discussing now? Secondly, do we generally believe Holly would have known the person or not?

In my own humble opinion, I have always been suspicious of CB and I am even moreso now. Especially, since it is obvious that LE is not providing details to the family.

Two more questions that may help me develop my own scenario-firstly, can someone clarify whether the Mom started to panic with the initial phone call from Clint that we are discussing now? Secondly, do we generally believe Holly would have known the person or not?
In the article/interview given before this one, KB said that "motherly instinct" told her that something was very wrong when she was told of what possibly happened. IMO it is up for debate as to whether CB calls KB, or the neighbor hears screaming and calls KB who then calls CB. If CB calls KB at school, and KB is immediately worried and left work asap, how does she get the call at work from the neighbor hearing screams? We have been told both versions from the family.
I believe HB was familiar with her abductor for reasons I have stated before, but you will find people who believe it was a stranger/predator. Cannot discount many theories with the info we have been given.
July 22- http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-holly...-she-vanished-20110722,0,6800717.story?page=2
A neighbor had apparently heard screams coming from the house and alerted the school where Karen Bobo works.
“Motherly instinct. I knew something was wrong as soon as the secretary came to the cafeteria and told me,” she said.
Four 911 calls were made: one from the school, one from the neighbor, and two from Karen Bobo herself.
She also called Clint at home. He came to realize the man he saw with Holly was not her boyfriend.
“I had spoken with Holly, my mother and her boyfriend, all that morning. And of course Clint didn't know any of this, so I knew her boyfriend wasn't here,” Karen Bobo said.

From what I remember reading it was when the neighbor called at school. Before this interview last night, I didn't even know that CB had called KB prior to HB going mssing. I also vaguely remember another interview or comment from KB a little while back that kept stating she had spoken to HB boyfriend earlier so she knew they were not together.... could this be because of CB's call to KB?

I don't think she could have screamed cause he probably had her in a choke hold initially and could have knicked her with the knife (there's the blood). Then he tells her he doesn't want to hurt her more and says something like calmly walk out (from the carport) with me and don't scream or worse will happen.

Here's what I don't get. She is in her carport, mere feet away from her brother and his guns. The guy begins forcing her to leave. Wouldn't she put up a fight there in hopes of getting help from Clint. She had to know that going into the woods with an armed man is death anyway. It does not make sense to me.
She is young and strong, and in her own garage. She could have fought a guy with a knife long enough for her brother to hear her screaming help.

He heard voices but never heard her scream HELP ME CLINT! Why all the talking but no calling for help?

Thanks! I thought she panicked when CB called her and that made less sense to me.

I also don't entirely understand why she didn't scream or call for her brother, but I guess we don't know how we would react in the same situation. It also makes way more sense to me that she would have known her abductor at least a little bit and maybe that somehow changed how she acted?

I don't understand why people don't understand why Holly didn't yell or scream or fight.

The guy wounded her enough to leave her blood on the ground. He wasn't playing.

Several people have said there was an object on the ground. Some speculate because of that there was a third person.

I just reviewed the transcript again, and I don't see anyone saying there was an object on the ground.

Sex offender arrested in MN
12:50 AM, Aug. 5, 2011
Jackson Sun

The U.S. Marshals Service has arrested a sex offender whom Tennessee authorities could not find when they began trying to locate all registered sex offenders as part of the Holly Bobo investigation.

Special Agent Fred Moore with the Perry County Sheriff's Office said Wall was the only offender the county could not locate, so they issued a warrant for his arrest. Moore said investigators do not have any evidence that links Wall to Bobo's kidnapping.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110805/NEWS01/108050320

I think the scream came later when they were near or in the woods a ways off, and she realized he was going to bind her with duct tape.

According to Holly's mom, the neighbour called her at work. The neighbour said the screams came from the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18