TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW...I don't think the SO has anything to do with Holly's case. The description given by CB is totally off

I don't understand why people don't understand why Holly didn't yell or scream or fight.

The guy wounded her enough to leave her blood on the ground. He wasn't playing.

Me, too, BeanE. Wonder if it has occurred to anyone that sometimes you can be so petrified with fear that you can't make a sound. Maybe she did fight, we don't know, but if someone had a knife at my throat and warned me not to struggle, or make a sound, you better believe I would do what he said.

I believe the family is hiding something. The only scenario that makes any sense to me is Holly was not home the night before and may have returned that morning to get her school stuff. She may have slept elsewhere (that's how KB knew Holly was not with Drew). CB may have called KB to let her know that Holly returned home that morning. When he told her he saw Holly walking in the woods with Drew, KB knew it could not have been Drew because of whatever happened the night before.

I think something happened the night before but why is the family holding back? Is it to protect Holly's reputation? Who was the last person to see Holly besides the family and when?

Me, too, BeanE. Wonder if it has occurred to anyone that sometimes you can be so petrified with fear that you can't make a sound. Maybe she did fight, we don't know, but if someone had a knife at my throat and warned me not to struggle, or make a sound, you better believe I would do what he said.

So the neighbour is lying? Why would the neighbour call KB if she didn't hear screams coming from the house?

isnt it possible that a dog might have drug that lunch bag off into the woods? and speaking of dogs did use them? if so what were the results??

The family are victims in this case unless or until LE makes public statements or MSM state otherwise. Thanks. Please read opening post where the rules are printed.

Did any one get the impression that the brother may be slow or was it just me?

I get the impression that they're being very careful with what they say in the media. He may come across as slow because he has to think before he speaks? Perhaps they were told what to say and not say?

That was the strangest interview I've ever seen. I wanted to jump in there and ask the questions! It was obvious that Jane was confused too.
And this family has NO information from LE about what they found and who they've eliminated??? Something is terribly wrong here.

The discussion, if I understood it correctly, was about Holly screaming earlier than the screams heard by the neighbor.

The neighbour heard screams coming from the house from what has been reported. There was a whole discussion about it and many wondered why CB didn't hear the screams but the neighbour did. The neighbour calld KB so she must've known it was from the Bobo home.

I still don't understand why the perp would take Holly into the woods. He would've had to hide his vehicle (if we believe she was taken to a vehicle). Why didn't he just grab her, put her in the vehicle and take off? It would've taken less time, unnoticed, perhaps no screams from the house if he just grabbed her and put her in the car.....

This case is making me crazy.:pullhair:

I don't understand why people don't understand why Holly didn't yell or scream or fight.

The guy wounded her enough to leave her blood on the ground. He wasn't playing.

I agree with you on so much of what I've read regarding Holly's disappearance, which I followed very closely in the beginning.

I never truly thought that the family's behavior was suspicious, but that's just me. Any itty bitty lingering doubt about I had about the Bobo's or Holly's boyfriend was squashed after seeing their appearance on JVM.

As always though, because it is why we are here, I believe that all of our hearts are in the right place and it is certainly in our nature to examine things from every angle. So I understand why there are those that are still suspicious of them.

It is a horrifying reality that often those closest to the victim are the ones responsible for their death or disappearance. From what I've seen often times it is that very person who is out in the media asking for help, for answers. Often times the monsters are not, and they get angry and beligerant or silently defiant. Perps have their various acts and those left suffering behind who just want answers grieve in different ways as well.

As far as those that say that the family needs to do the media thing to encourage people to come forward with answers and whatnot, it sounds to me like they are doing that in there own way out of the spotlight and especially in a town this size that makes sense. And with the world wide web a person who is reluctant to come forward can see the family's pain and our own cries for justice with the click of a button when and if there conscious scratches at them. They'll see too, everyone's suspicious of the family, and if those suspicions serve no other purpose I hope they drive home to that person(s) that it is all the more reason to end the family's extreme suffering.

Even if all the questions are never completely answered, because :banghead::pullhair::tears::anguish: it just seems like they never are, I hope that Holly can be brought home to her family.

My heart heavy with everything that has gone on recently, everything we see here. Really I don't know how I feel about any of this stuff, my faith in justice. It seems like it just makes me wanting to have faith that the loved ones left behind can bring those lost home at the very, very, very least. Right now I'm guess I am working on having faith in justice. I've gone through my fair share of ***** and had my faith similiarly tested and the blessing is that it is always strengthened in the end, it just sucks right now YKWIM?

Seeing Holly's family on JVM really clunked me on the head and humbled me in regards to all the stuff I'm struggling with right now. So has looking at all of you and everyone in LE that have been witness to it and looking for answers for so much longer and seen things I don't even want to imagine.

Sorry to make this so much about me.

The neighbour heard screams coming from the house from what has been reported. There was a whole discussion about it and many wondered why CB didn't hear the screams but the neighbour did. The neighbour calld KB so she must've known it was from the Bobo home.

Yep I know there was that one article that said the screams came from the house, but personally, I think that was mis-wording by the reporter.

Ok the problems I have with all of this are:

I want to take official LE statements at face value. I also would normally consider an eyewitness or family members statements to be of considerable value.

In a lot of cases, information is with held. I can understand that... So basically the actual series if events should be just an expanded, more detailed account of the simplified, watered down media version.

But with this case, we have two or three media interviews with the family; each providing new and often totally contradictory information. There are multiple LE statements that contradict both each other and what the family has said.

Even with last nite's JVM interview I see problems both with the questioning and answers. Not that anyone was being deceptive, but more like a general atmosphere of vague statements that no one on either side would or could clarify. I will give everyone the benfit of the doubt too and say that a phone or video interview with its associated delay problems, etc. may add to any confusion or fuzzyness.

One example was when JVM asked Clint about the blood (trail) and did it lead anywhere. Clint started talking about trails in the woods and logging roads. Now the trails and logging roads info was new but JVM did not pursue that very much, nor did she go back and ask for clarification as to her original question.

Then there were the statements about Clint hearing voices outside. He used the words "they" or "them" and implied it was more than one person talking. Now did he mean Holly and one other person? Or did he mean two strangers? This was not clarified.

It is real hard to accurately put together a sequence of events because each somewhat expanded retelling differs in detail and content from previous versions. We get some new info but then info that may not fit with what has been said previously.

isnt it possible that a dog might have drug that lunch bag off into the woods? and speaking of dogs did use them? if so what were the results??

The bag is supposedly something more like a purse as opposed to a paper sac. And I doubt a dog would have dragged it from within the garage (?) to a point 7-8 miles away. The bag was found aparently unopened and with the lunch still inside.

There is an anecdotal comment from Mark Ferman that dogs were used but did not find a trail.

Every surprise situation is different. Some people are just noisy too. I make a lot of noise. If I see a bug I scream. If someone startles me, I scream and can faint. But thats just me.

I will say that when I was assaulted in my own home, I fought back. I do not recall making any noise. I could have yelled or screamed but I remember my focus was just on fighting. I was not alone at the time and felt I had to do somthing to protect both myself and my sister. Knowing someone else was around me probably made me decide to fight and not just submit. But, who knows. Stuff happens so fast.

I will say too that if the suspect here hit or stuck Holly (what I feel happened) then she could have been stunned. Thats a real weird feeling and you aren't going to say a whole lot. If you have ever watched boxing and saw a fighter take a good punch you know there can be blood and usually when they go down they aren't saying much.

Other people may not have the same reaction or response. I have had other situations (more like muggings) where I just let it happen. Those were probably less dangerous situations for me too, but again who knows...

Several people have said there was an object on the ground. Some speculate because of that there was a third person.

I just reviewed the transcript again, and I don't see anyone saying there was an object on the ground.

There is another quote earlier on but here ya go: In transcript from JVM

Clint, I want to get back to you, you were the last person to see your sister alive. You say you saw this guy, a big, tall, 6-foot guy, 200 pounds approximately, in your garage with your sister. They`re leaning down and you think they`re looking at a turkey that they`ve killed. But there is no turkey there.

And then, you say you go to call your mom, and then you see him leaving through the woods -- him leading her into the woods?

C. BOBO: Well, the information that has come, as far as leading, I saw the two walking towards the woods, there was no leading, there was no dragging. They just looked like they were casually walking towards the woods. And it wasn`t until later they realized that my sister went to the woods in fear for her life. That she must have been threatened with a weapon.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But you called your mom in between when you saw them in the garage and when they walked out into the woods? Why did you do that?

C. BOBO: I spoke with mom -- I spoke with mom initially to find out who the people -- I heard two voices outside our house and I called mom to try to find out who these people were outside our house. But I had no idea who they were.

*There is earlier comments about him leaning over something that appeared to be a turkey.... The second reason I am speculating a 3rd person is the voices comment. You would know your sisters voice. He heard 2 voices, he didnt say I heard my sister talking to some guy. He was disturbed enough about this to call his mom. Also, something that gets me.... The dog barking. Is this normal? Does the dog normally bark at the sister? Her boyfriend? Strangers? Would the dog bark at the sister if she brought a stranger with her? What's normal for the dogs behavior. Also, which is it....the dog woke him up or the sound of voices. first he said it was the dog, then he said he woke to the sound of voices.....

Another little tidbit of info thats bothering me but I don't know why. Everyone, LE (I think I read an article early in about this), and the Bobo's have commented to the fact that they feel the lunch bag was planted as a decoy..... Why do they feel so strongly about this?

What is so important about this spot? What are the chances that a lunch bag 8 miles from where she was abducted, would be found in the woods so quickly to when she went missing? Is this why they think its planted?

IMO it sounded like (by media reports) that this was a secluded spot. Why plant it there? Doesn't make since. It could have never been found. If your trying to throw the cops off...why there?

Yep I know there was that one article that said the screams came from the house, but personally, I think that was mis-wording by the reporter.

It was the article with the Bobo family interview. I disagree that it was a mis wording. To me it makes a lot of sense that the screaming came from the house. Otherwise, how would the neighbour know to call KB? It could've been someone else screaming. She knew it was from the Bobo home.

Another little tidbit of info thats bothering me but I don't know why. Everyone, LE (I think I read an article early in about this), and the Bobo's have commented to the fact that they feel the lunch bag was planted as a decoy..... Why do they feel so strongly about this?

What is so important about this spot? What are the chances that a lunch bag 8 miles from where she was abducted, would be found in the woods so quickly to when she went missing? Is this why they think its planted?

IMO it sounded like (by media reports) that this was a secluded spot. Why plant it there? Doesn't make since. It could have never been found. If your trying to throw the cops off...why there?

It was found by the side of a/the road not out in the woods per se. So it could have been tossed from a passing car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro