TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to be a kill-joy, but I don't think holly made it for a couple days, and honestly think she was killed the day she was abducted. We start wanting to believe she's alive and being kept somewhere because of the little we know about this case and all the mystery that surrounds it. Its not an episode of criminal minds.

The person had to know holly, or know of her. It seems like alot of this was so early in the morning. Holly was up, mom and dad already at work, and abductor there. Mom also verified drew in some way that early. I know in colorado we don't all roll that early.

I hate to be a kill-joy, but I don't think holly made it for a couple days, and honestly think she was killed the day she was abducted. We start wanting to believe she's alive and being kept somewhere because of the little we know about this case and all the mystery that surrounds it. Its not an episode of criminal minds.

The person had to know holly, or know of her. It seems like alot of this was so early in the morning. Holly was up, mom and dad already at work, and abductor there. Mom also verified drew in some way that early. I know in colorado we don't all roll that early.

Why are you saying: Its not an episode of criminal minds? Some of us have been researching and discussing cases for years. And we also have personal experience to draw from.

There are many very bizarre cases.

That photo with the duct tape looks like it was laid out perfectly for someone to find. You ususally discard a piece of duct tape because it is twisted, stuck to itself or unusuaable. Why throw away a perfectly good piece of straight tape? It didn't even look like it had been connected to anything.

Maybe LE is just playing it close to the vest and have the POI under survellience, just waiting on them to return to the body. You would think he would have done that by now though.

Why are you saying: Its not an episode of criminal minds? Some of us have been researching and discussing cases for years. And we also have personal experience to draw from.

There are many very bizarre cases.

Sure, there are always the" exception to the rule" cases.

That photo with the duct tape looks like it was laid out perfectly for someone to find. You ususally discard a piece of duct tape because it is twisted, stuck to itself or unusuaable. Why throw away a perfectly good piece of straight tape? It didn't even look like it had been connected to anything.

Maybe LE is just playing it close to the vest and have the POI under survellience, just waiting on them to return to the body. You would think he would have done that by now though.

Re: the duct tape that was found

Abductor in his haste, could have unrolled some tape to make a fresh application. It doesn't stick right, so he drops it, only it grazes her hair and retains it. He then gets a fresh length of tape and it works. However, in hurrying to get her into a waiting vehicle, he forgets he dropped the previous length of tape.

perhaps this helps

Would someone who is sure of the details we have so far please refresh my memory on a couple of points?

1) Brother hears voices, sees people in carport Sees silhouettes in the garage which aparently is not the same as the car port which is behind the house.

2) Calls Mom to see if she knows who the people are, Mom says it's probably Holly Mom says Holly is or should be at school not in the garage

3) Brother assumes the other person is H's boyfriend. Looks out there again and sees them casually walk into the woods. Sequence of events is a bit fuzzy. He thought it was Holly and her b/f until his mom said no, and he spotted the blood when he went (back?) into the garage.

Okay, at this point, does he just resume getting dressed and ready for the day, or does he quickly go after them? Did he go to the carport specificly because he was looking for something suspicious, or did he find the blood when he went out there for something else? Again the exact sequence of events is a bit fuzzy and there are gaps in exactly what happened and when.

When did they decide something was wrong? If he thought it was Holly and her BF, why was he worried at all? Again Clint is fuzzy on this. He stated he heard stranger voices outside and saw unidentifiable silhouettes in the garage. Then he seems to have decided it was Holly and her b/f, although he also called his mom to ask who was in the yard and or garage. At some point he looked out the house window and saw Holly and the camo man walking roughly northwards. I assume at this time he still thought it was Holly, although his mom said she should be at school (sequence is weird). Some time later Clint went (back ?) into the garage and found the blood and then decided it was not Holly's b/f...

Thanks!

I tend to agree here...

The only reason that I have some slim thread of hope is that the case is so odd in so many ways that perhaps the outcome is also abnormal?

Re: the duct tape that was found

If that duct tape is from Holly, one of the guesses I posted is that the abductor saw that she almost worked it off of her mouth. So then he could have ripped it off and slapped on some fresh product quickly, then shoved her into a waiting vehicle, dropping the discarded duct tape and not realizing it.

The piece does not look like it has been stuck to anything or anyone particularly. Ive mangled up a section of tape worse than that just getting it off the roll. The section in the picture is quite long and if it were on Holly's face would have considerable amounts of hair on it versus the purported single or few blonde hairs.

Someone unfamilair with those woods, would NOT walk into them while in the middle of an abduction.

Where was her boyfriend? What about his friends? Her friends? Online friends? Guys who she turned down?

Holly and Drew seem to have been together quite some time and according to his family were planning on getting married. There has been no evidence of any ex's, etc. despite the usual Topix rumors etc. Certainly if the family or LE felt such a person could be involved, they would be easy enough to find. There has been no discussion of her friends, etc. at all. Seemingly the b/f was at home or work that morning and is not a suspect.

I know Attorneys give the impression of guilt also, but I just can't help but feel they need some outside guidance, and if their spokesperson is that pastor, and he is also an attorney....EH----just interview him rather than the family. To me it's an accident waiting to happen.

That has bee tried R.U.....he is not a good spokesperson. He is evasive. I can't imagine anyone wanting him to speak for them. I think he just rolled over the Bobos and took this position. I don't think they sought him out.

It was found AFAIK by searchers not any property owner and its not by a pond

tape2.jpg

DuctTape.jpg

Notice the headline HOME INVASION KIDNAPPING which was originally played down but now seems to be more realistic
The end of the duct tape doesn't look like it was torn but rather cut with something sharp. The edges are too smooth to have been ripped. Scissors more than likely. Limited crinkles in that tape also. To me it looks as though the roll of tape was low to the ground, pulled off, then cut, the tape didn't land far from above. Maybe a foot or two. Like the person was leaning over (bent) and placed it there. Also look at the tape towards the middle do you see some ridges? About 4 of them? I've had a roll of tape like this. It has indentations, find that roll of tape and you got the killer. Also I would imagine that FBI can determine what was used to cut that tape. I'm sure tool marks can be identified unless the item used to cut was a brand new sharp scissors or blade

I don't buy it. If someone is stunned, shocked, or threatened, that's exactly how they would walk. People tend to shorten their steps in fear, and increase their strides when relaxed. Moo

I don't know if she walked "calmly" but she was a small girl. She would take small steps. If she was in fear she would take small steps unless he was pulling or dragging her.

Also it looks like no finger indentations on the tape from holding it, at least not the one end closest to viewing however I think the top end might have an indentation as if a thumb were gripping that end, the person probably had a glove on, and not one of those surgical gloves either. A bigger glove, garden, hunting, something like that because the dent is bigger than an average thumb

Yes, he might have cut her. Just enough to terrorize her, control her. A torture cut. He didn't want to leave a blood trail. He would have cut her in a place where her clothing would absorb the blood. It wouldn't be a deep cut. More of a slice.

Putting enough fear into her to do whatever he wanted her to do. He might have had the knife at her throat when CB looked out or at her chest.

The perp wouldn't want to have to carry her away, he wanted her to walk. She probably broke away from him for a moment or he let the knife down when they started walking and she screamed.

I know there are some who will argue this point but I know this is done.

This is highly unusual. A perp making a superficial cut before abduction. When a person resists and fights a stranger perp and there are people around, it is very likely the perp will take off w/o incident. The best thing to do is stand your ground and fight. It is better to die on your turf then go with him and suffer death/torture. Always fight and don't budge from your spot. They ususally run away.

In this case, everything is turned upside down. I have not seen a perp do this before. If it is not somebody that knows the family, it is a person who was highly enraged.or psychotic. This reeks of a known suspect, who is angry at Holly. We have never heard from Holly's girlfriends and that would be helpful. If she was up at 4:30am, was she wearing the same clothes or did she shower and change for school? What time did she get home from Drew's? Did she just arrive around 4:30am? Did Clint arrive home from work that morning? Or did he not work the night before. It was said that Clint works nights at the Nursing Home.

Blood found in two locations that we know about. Garage (Clint's terminology) and the law acoording to LE. I have read that the family calls the remodeled garage which is now a living area, the "garage". People say clint meant "Carport" when he said garage. I stil don't know if the perp was inside or not. When this news first broke they called it "A home invasion".

One last question...Do the Clints lock their doors when they leave the house and when they are home? This is an important question for the case.

I hate to say it but you are correct. Statistics are on the side of your opinion. A few and I do mean a few abductors have kept their victims alive past a few hours but that is rare. Most kill within a few hours of the abduction.

However, there are many cases of abductors hiding their victims and keeping them alive for days not weeks.

We all have the hope that she is alive and there is nothing wrong with hope.

This is highly unusual. A perp making a superficial cut before abduction. When a person resists and fights a stranger perp and there are people around, it is very likely the perp will take off w/o incident. The best thing to do is stand your ground and fight. It is better to die on your turf then go with him and suffer death/torture. Always fight and don't budge from your spot. They ususally run away.

In this case, everything is turned upside down. I have not seen a perp do this before. If it is not somebody that knows the family, it is a person who was highly enraged.or psychotic. This reeks of a known suspect, who is angry at Holly. We have never heard from Holly's girlfriends and that would be helpful. If she was up at 4:30am, was she wearing the same clothes or did she shower and change for school? What time did she get home from Drew's? Did she just arrive around 4:30am? Did Clint arrive home from work that morning? Or did he not work the night before. It was said that Clint works nights at the Nursing Home.
my take on the blood found was probably the guy had a hunting knife, came up behind Holly and Holly's reaction upon first being taken the knife from movement of her body in fright causes a prick in her skin enough for blood. When he started to guide her away from the scene a possible small struggle and this is when the flecks of blood landed.

Drew's mother stated that Apr.13th was the first night they were not together in about a year. What was the routine for them? Did Holly go to Drew's each night or did he go to the Bobo house? Did they sleep at each other's house since they were together every night?

We need an interview again...w/o the pastor, thank you.

my take on the blood found was probably the guy had a hunting knife, came up behind Holly and Holly's reaction upon first being taken the knife from movement of her body in fright causes a prick in her skin enough for blood. When he started to guide her away from the scene a possible small struggle and this is when the flecks of blood landed.

I hope you're correct because I think there was more blood than stated. The flecks of blood on the lawn tell me more than a superficial cut. BTW, is the lawn in the back of the house also? I imagined the lawn as being in the front.

I guess we aren't going to get any answers to our questions. The media did what they can do. The family appears to want to speak but are hesitant. They don't need a spokesperson. As I said these are educated people and certainly know how to answer questions...but for some reason they are being held back or are afraid.

I don't know if it is unusual or not. I know it happens. It was not before an abduction it was during. No one was around.

People react differently during an attack. Some scream, some don't. Some fight, some don't. Some are shocked into submission but once reality sets in they scream and fight.

Do you know how many women and children are dragged into cars, fighting, and people see it happening.

It is better to fight, scream, do whatever you can to get away and to draw attention to what is happening but everyone doesn't think while it is happening. Terror can put a person into submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow