TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never understood why camo was such a sticking point or oddity in this case for some and then that makes me feel like I have been in the country too long lol. I remember when people were upset that people wore camo to the search parties because it was offensive or something when most of their outfits probably revolve around some sort of camo-wear. It would be like saying it is offensive to wear jeans or offensive to wear a white tshirt.

It would be interesting to know if it was a certain type of camo, but I am assuming it was just normal hunting camo that several hunters in the area would wear since he immediately assumed it was her boyfriend hunting. That, or very close to it.

I think it's been a sticking point simply because of the last seen description of Holly's abductor.

I don't find it offensive at all- just unsafe from a SAR standpoint.

I wish we could get a good composite sketch released, you know?

Seems to me we have a militia in the area, a religious cult, or drug afficianadoes. If, in such a small town, people seems reluctant to talk (reminds me a bit of the Horman case), there is a good reason. Fear is a real good reason in my opinion.

I wonder how closely related the people are in this neck of the woods.

My opinion only

I absolutely believe in the drug problem in rural america specifically the production of meth and its disheartening how the news portrays drugs as a mainly inner city problem. I also think there is very likely a religious-militia type group there, with a drug problem. I grew up in Jasper, GA, and the first time I met our neighbors(we lived on a large lot of land) they came trooping through the creek(aka our pool, lol) in full face paint, camo, and with semi-automatic weapons. :eek: And basically they were the "nicest" religious, gun nuts I ever met. They dug root cellars, canned their own food, killed their own meat and lived off the grid essentially. Then we found out they had been building sheds all throughout the woods, completely hidden if looking for from aircraft, and had been manufacturing MASS quantities of meth. And apparently they sold it to a lot of the people who they let hunt on their land, because, according to some of the people busted, it made the "hunting more fun" since they had to be up so early and stuff, they would just pull all nighters and be hopped up on drugs.

Now, I am not sure that any of that has to do with Holly, but at this point, ANYTHING could be true it seems.

In reading about the case on the web, people are real uptight. It's weird because they are very defensive about all sorts of things. I need to do research on rural community crimes. Even this latest death in Parsons seems glossed over. The pastor and the father-of-the-bride got into it??

I have to wonder if there are more drugs and alcohol consumed there than in the average city. I did spend a few months in a very small town and I can vouch that there are weird people. It is noticed more because there are so few people around. I know pedophiles move out of the city and go to the country quite often. I imagine other types do also. They can hide their activities much better.

I have to completely disagree with you on this, Whisp. I've lived in rural communities AND large cities (Orange County, California is pretty big!) and it seemed to me that people hid better in the crowds. In a small town, everyone knows everyone and can spot the skeery ones much more quickly and pretty much "run them out of town" if need be. Now, that's talking about the conservative small towns I've lived in.

Communities can be as different as night and day. I once took a short course in group dynamics - what an eye opener! It really depends on who is around who, who is leading the pack, and much much more. We can't be so general about communities - each one would require a lot of analyzing before we can describe the area.

I have to completely disagree with you on this, Whisp. I've lived in rural communities AND large cities (Orange County, California is pretty big!) and it seemed to me that people hid better in the crowds. In a small town, everyone knows everyone and can spot the skeery ones much more quickly and pretty much "run them out of town" if need be. Now, that's talking about the conservative small towns I've lived in.

Communities can be as different as night and day. I once took a short course in group dynamics - what an eye opener! It really depends on who is around who, who is leading the pack, and much much more. We can't be so general about communities - each one would require a lot of analyzing before we can describe the area.

Wonder if there is a "White Supremacist"/ group in that area of Tennessee?
Now they are "skeery" ones, but I doubt they could be "run out of town " if need be. They are "homegrown " terrorists and I could understand an entire towns fear of them! Let's hope they don't exist anywhere near Parsons.

Actually just answered my question: RE Newschannel5.com--9/27/10--by Jeff Tang

Gallatin Tenn--"Authorities believe a group of midstate criminals is responsible for running several meth labs and breakins of homes and cars across the region. They're armed and dangerous and have linked themselves to the radical white supremicist group, Aryan Nations".

It is a strange thing but maybe its true. I guess I'm not totally suspicious of people. Concrete is pretty hard and if he was pushed hard enough he could die from it.

I saw a woman fall down 3 steps and hit her head on a wall. She died. It was awful. Not a hard fall. She was stepping down and tripped. If no one had seen it people might have thought she was pushed or something. I couldn't believe it and I actually saw it happen.

my mom, who was only in her 40s, fell at home, struck her head, and died. You dont have to fall 20 stories, be pushed, etc.

BBM
YES! This is what I have been thinking for some time now, and would account for many of the weird aspects of this case IMHO!

Following all of the threads on this case, to which I've also contributed, there have been many of us who have supposed a survivalist/religious type of person(s) or group. In thread 1, my first impression was a survivalist, and myself and others posted numerous abduction cases involving individuals or pairs of men operating along that premise.

And to go even more far afield, I've suggested, it is not out of question, at least to my understanding, that young, beautiful blond women from the U.S. are chosen and selected to be abducted by a group outside of our country. I've posted the Shannon Marketic case.

I don't care if this seems too bizarre. What isn't?

Seeing how we don't know what kind of "camo" Clint saw, I am not sure why this discussion on various type is crucial...granted, we would like to know if the man's head was covered, but chances are we won't learn that. I wonder, if his head WAS covered, did Drew often cover his head? Was his head covered in the various "camo" photos of him? Or did Clint just assume it was Drew because he was with Holly, not because the man looked like Drew?
Going back in the thread I had broached this topic before and I also see that TxLady2 posted a sentiment similar to the one I am about to give. I do not want to go into any great speculative detail about it, but CB could not identify the voices he heard coming from the garage. He assumes it was DS in full camo gear. He sees them walk away together toward the woods. So to recap, CB assumes it is DS without seeing him, then he sees him from the back and still believes it was DS. Now look at the pictures of DS in camo gear and compare them in the pictures to CB and one of holly's ex-boyfriends who has not been named in MSM. None of them wear an actual suit or even matching pieces of camo gear. Most avid hunters are going to keep 2-3+ hunting suits (mixing and matching different pieces of camo gear counts). So although it is possible that seeing who he believed was DS was only an assumption, if he took any indicators from actually seeing camo man and then still thought it was DS, IMO would be a red flag that would really concern me. Not speculating past that. Photos from CrankyCrankerson on Photobucket.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/clint bobo/smonkjustice/Bobo/clintdrewlee2.jpg?o=6
http://media.photobucket.com/image/clint bobo/smonkjustice/Bobo/clintdrewlee3.jpg?o=7
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...ew&current=Holly_Bobo_Missing_026_540x405.jpg
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...Bobo -TN-/?action=view&current=HollyDrew.jpg

Seeing how we don't know what kind of "camo" Clint saw, I am not sure why this discussion on various type is crucial...granted, we would like to know if the man's head was covered, but chances are we won't learn that. I wonder, if his head WAS covered, did Drew often cover his head? Was his head covered in the various "camo" photos of him? Or did Clint just assume it was Drew because he was with Holly, not because the man looked like Drew?

The reason I asked about the camo wear was trying to determine if the perp is a true hunter who may have been in the area turkey hunting or if he was just a regular guy from the town wearing fashionable camo wear.

Don't you think that may narrow down the list of suspects if the perp was a true turkey hunter who may have been in the area for that purpose and may not have been a local?

The reason I asked about the camo wear was trying to determine if the perp is a true hunter who may have been in the area turkey hunting or if he was just a regular guy from the town wearing fashionable camo wear.

Don't you think that may narrow down the list of suspects if the perp was a true turkey hunter who may have been in the area for that purpose and may not have been a local?

If he wore some form of unusual or special camo, it probably should have been mentioned in the media early on, so people could begin to eliminate in their minds all of the people running round in "normal" camo...I get the impression that Clint just saw "camo" jacket and pants, and couldn't be more specific than that.

If he wore some form of unusual or special camo, it probably should have been mentioned in the media early on, so people could begin to eliminate in their minds all of the people running round in "normal" camo...I get the impression that Clint just saw "camo" jacket and pants, and couldn't be more specific than that.
You could also make the case for swinging your argument the exact opposite way. As in, why we have no details released at all. zip zero zilch

Following all of the threads on this case, to which I've also contributed, there have been many of us who have supposed a survivalist/religious type of person(s) or group. In thread 1, my first impression was a survivalist, and myself and others posted numerous abduction cases involving individuals or pairs of men operating along that premise.

And to go even more far afield, I've suggested, it is not out of question, at least to my understanding, that young, beautiful blond women from the U.S. are chosen and selected to be abducted by a group outside of our country. I've posted the Shannon Marketic case.

I don't care if this seems too bizarre. What isn't?
Not to poke at you or this sad situation, but think about it for a minute. A survivalist type(somebody living in the forests in an avid hunting community) could be responsible in this case, there is nothing specific to rule it out or in, but does that seem one of the most logical explanations?
To the second point of foreigners abducting blond women from the USA. There is nothing to rule it in or out, but consider this. If a sultan, or anybody for that matter, wanted beautiful american women, all he would have to do is put up an add for models to come to his homeland and he doesn't have to leave his home(palace). Case in point, Shannon Marketic.

You could also make the case for swinging your argument the exact opposite way. As in, why we have no details released at all. zip zero zilch

I suppose, but I usually gauge these cases by the family, and the mother came across to me as knowing nothing about what is going on or what happened to Holly, and practically begging for help. My belief is LE is clueless in this case and the family doesn't know what to do. JMO

Not to poke at you or this sad situation, but think about it for a minute. A survivalist type(somebody living in the forests in an avid hunting community) could be responsible in this case, there is nothing specific to rule it out or in, but does that seem one of the most logical explanations?
To the second point of foreigners abducting blond women from the USA. There is nothing to rule it in or out, but consider this. If a sultan, or anybody for that matter, wanted beautiful american women, all he would have to do is put up an add for models to come to his homeland and he doesn't have to leave his home(palace). Case in point, Shannon Marketic.

I agree. Why Darden? A foreigner even knowing a place called Darden in TN where a beautiful blond resided in a place out in wooded area. Makes no sense to me when you have big cities like NYC, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and so on and so on....

Unless Holly was exposing herself on the WWW, I just don't see it. I think there are far more realistic theories out there. Drugs perhaps being one of them. Holly being a victim of knowing too much or wrong place at the wrong time or someone close to her being involved. The list could be endless of possible suspects, imo. The problem is we have to keep walking on egg shells in this case for some reason.:waitasec:

I suppose, but I usually gauge these cases by the family, and the mother came across to me as knowing nothing about what is going on or what happened to Holly, and practically begging for help. My belief is LE is clueless in this case and the family doesn't know what to do. JMO
Yes, the apparent disconnect between LE and this family is a hard one to put your finger on. IMO it just adds to the confusion in this case. I am in no way trying to be mean when I say this, but if the accounts the family has given the public are anything like what they have been telling privately, seems to me that LE was asked to catch a marlin with a canoe and a cheap fishing rod. It took three months to break their silence and we have all been very confused with the stories given. It wasn't a simple telling of what they are aware happened, it's a confusing series of stories and events that have been painted for us.

Say what you will about Gather, I find Chelsea Hoffman is doing a very good reporting jog:

Holly Bobo Fundraiser Planned for Octobe
http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980243016

Say what you will about Gather, I find Chelsea Hoffman is doing a very good reporting jog:

Holly Bobo Fundraiser Planned for Octobe
http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980243016

She can't seem to figure out what the money is for either...is it to add to the already high reward? Or for searching expenses? Or the Bobo family expenses? I am just curious...this case has one of the higher rewards...I am guessing $90K versus maybe $85K is not the answer...JMO

..Another fundraiser????

For what??? Why don't they just hire a private detective? It isn't like they are exactly hammering the media for exposure. They made about 30-40 thousand in the first few days. I recall Karen saying she was going to use $25,000 for a nice vacation when Holly comes home. What???

Where are the grandparents and why hasn't the bf spoken. Why the huge money when they have only made one appearance on JVM? The property directly to the north of them is huge and most all of the properties in the area have one last name....humongous family. Are they related to the Bobo's?

I'm tired of walking on eggshells with this case...

There wasn't some strange turkey hunter roaming on people's private property either. Let's get real folks!!

She can't seem to figure out what the money is for either...is it to add to the already high reward? Or for searching expenses? Or the Bobo family expenses? I am just curious...this case has one of the higher rewards...I am guessing $90K versus maybe $85K is not the answer...JMO

....tell me about it!:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member