TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trident, I read the Sheriff was a preacher also...how strange is that?..

Not as strange as you might suppose. In rural southern areas there are a lot of preachers, many not ordained, nor having benefit of theological schooling. Anyone can preach and call themselves a preacher/pastor, and many do. I believe any of us can, and many do, get a following together and start a church, then you get certain tax exemptions. That's the way it was a few years back, not sure if it still is, but I think so.

I had a bf once whose father was one of them self-proclaimed preachers. He left his wife, don't know where she went, but he also left his 2 sons, one in his teens the other about 10 to fend for themselves. My bf, the one in his teens, had to get a job before and after school to FEED himself and his younger brother - daddy, the preacher, had moved in with another woman, but this man was a preacher, dontcha know spreading the word of God. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. Last I heard of this man, he was still preaching the word, whatever word that was.

Nope, not nearly as uncommon as you might think in the rural south. 'Course I don't know if Mr Warren is one of them, he might have all the necessary papers hanging on his wall to prove whatever.

My opinion only

I am not really sure why this case was moved to "Hot Cases"...there has not been any real activity on it in months, IMO...

(Also does anyone know where Hailey Dunn's case can be found now, I am lost)

Not as strange as you might suppose. In rural southern areas there are a lot of preachers, many not ordained, nor having benefit of theological schooling. Anyone can preach and call themselves a preacher/pastor, and many do. I believe any of us can, and many do, get a following together and start a church, then you get certain tax exemptions. That's the way it was a few years back, not sure if it still is, but I think so.

I had a bf once whose father was one of them self-proclaimed preachers. He left his wife, don't know where she went, but he also left his 2 sons, one in his teens the other about 10 to fend for themselves. My bf, the one in his teens, had to get a job before and after school to FEED himself and his younger brother - daddy, the preacher, had moved in with another woman, but this man was a preacher, dontcha know spreading the word of God. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. Last I heard of this man, he was still preaching the word, whatever word that was.

Nope, not nearly as uncommon as you might think in the rural south. 'Course I don't know if Mr Warren is one of them, he might have all the necessary papers hanging on his wall to prove whatever.

My opinion only

Not just in the rural SOUTH. It is true in every state. Anyone can go online and take a course and become a preacher. Supposedly ordained, start a church, and there you go.

Maybe you should read the article, it gives the name of the pastor, and the name of the Church affiliation. Terrible accidents don't usually happen in the supposed "House of God", at least pastors don't usually push people causing death. I don't know whose fault it was, don't even know the truth of what the disagreement was all about, or why there was a "Cinderella" wedding at the church - did she drive up in a pumpkin drawn by mice, or was it rats, then lose her glass slipper? Was she a stepdaughter?

If I were a member of that church I'd run like 'ell, but that's just me. I tend to have a more suspicious mind than most and my "rat" sniffer is vibrating big time.

My opinion only

Someone please tell me if the preacher in the article who pushed the man and killed him, is the same preacher who has appeared with the Bobo family as their suporter and sometimes spokesperson. Thanks.

Not to poke at you or this sad situation, but think about it for a minute. A survivalist type(somebody living in the forests in an avid hunting community) could be responsible in this case, there is nothing specific to rule it out or in, but does that seem one of the most logical explanations?
To the second point of foreigners abducting blond women from the USA. There is nothing to rule it in or out, but consider this. If a sultan, or anybody for that matter, wanted beautiful american women, all he would have to do is put up an add for models to come to his homeland and he doesn't have to leave his home(palace). Case in point, Shannon Marketic.
---------------

What's logical these days? I'm saying this is a very remote possibility, however, to address your response:

A. After the Shannon Marketic incident drawing attention, I don't think putting up ads for promotional models would be a particularly effective lure or a means to permanently keep a woman captive.

B. We've already discussed this, but if the abductor had some kind of religious or other preference for a "pure" beautiful blond woman, he might look for an innocent type in a small-town atmosphere. Perhaps there were things said online about location, lifestyle, etc. Once again, regarding the Shannon Marketic incident, she was in Miss America, there could be elements to this designation that drew the perp. to her, besides the publicity.

C. Many of Holly's photos were on the internet, and I believe some photos with her and her beautiful cousin. One of the posters here said it would be an easy way for a perp. to shop.

D. Could have done further survelliance of her at school/clinics, etc. and followed her home.

---------------

What's logical these days? I'm saying this is a very remote possibility, however, to address your response:

A. After the Shannon Marketic incident drawing attention, I don't think putting up ads for promotional models would be a particularly effective lure or a means to permanently keep a woman captive.

B. We've already discussed this, but if the abductor had some kind of religious or other preference for a "pure" beautiful blond woman, he might look for an innocent type in a small-town atmosphere. Perhaps there were things said online about location, lifestyle, etc. Once again, regarding the Shannon Marketic incident, she was in Miss America, there could be elements to this designation that drew the perp. to her, besides the publicity.

C. Many of Holly's photos were on the internet, and I believe some photos with her and her beautiful cousin. One of the posters here said it would be an easy way for a perp. to shop.

D. Could have done further survelliance of her at school/clinics, etc. and followed her home.
Okay, I will bite. I will address in reverse order, if nothing else for the sake of conversation(because this does not really belong in this thread.)
D. I think it is safe to say the abductor in this case did at least a little homework before this crime.
C. I agree that social network sites are just that, ways to be social. There are many attractive young woman who broadcast their life on these sites. If say the perp was from Maine, he would encounter countless beautiful young woman on his route to TN. Maybe the abductor found HB on a social site, maybe they did not, but if they did they would more than likely be regional.
B. If the abductor had a preference for a "pure" blond woman, they would have to know more than physical appearance to make that determination. Again, this would probably be somebody in the local area if that was the case.
In regards to Shannon Marketic, I think that is a case that has happened to countless young woman and men around the world, not just in the USA. It is important to remember that she was not specifically targeted(even though she was crowned Miss USA), a modelling ad was placed that offered A LOT of money, her agent contacted her and she flew to Brunei, along with her best friend and 5 others. Her best friend has never said that she was mistreated during her time in Brunei.
A. Now this one is a loaded topic. You can read online for days about all the cases where somebody was contacted for a job opportunity of some kind that turned out to be a setup. In the USA alone, this happens everyday. From the USA and international perspectives, there are many information sources including documentaries that cover this very subject relating to human trafficking. In some parts of the world where economic opportunities are scarce, young people have no choice but to go abroad to seek employment. Young woman especially have to "take their chances" that they will not become a victim of some type. These agencies put out ads for models, nannies, waitresses, etc... And these agencies are legit, they do offer employment opportunities that are as advertised, but they also earmark others as being better suited to another line of work, which is not advertised by these agencies. Once your passport and any means of personal identification are taken, your chances to escape become very slim.
After I watched this video, it becomes hard to forget it. The film focuses on the story of a Ukrainian man on a mission to find his pregnant, trafficked wife in Turkey. He travels to Turkey; his only lead the telephone number of the pimp who, he believes, has her in his possession. To secure his wife's release, after days of desperate efforts, he poses as a trafficker and sets out to buy his wife back.
This video about human trafficking is difficult to watch but it is very informative of what is going on in this crazy world. I am sure this is one of countless other tragic stories just like it.
Go to google videos and type in - Frontline documentary 2005 - video is about an hour long

I don't see the connection. In the article posted, I don't recall if they named the pastor. Is he one of the pastor's that has been supporting the Bobos? Maybe I missed it. The only thing I remember is some scuffle broke out over some silly seating arrangements? The dad of the bride had it out with the pastor and a terrible accident happened? Maybe I should reread the article.

What are your thoughts?

I have a very sensitive hinky meter. Sometimes things just seem very odd IMO and also quite coincidental. The preacher who pushed a man and killed him, is the same Preacher Chris Warren who lead prayer at the Bobo family vigil. Isn't Parsons a very small town? I hope someone is looking into this.

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsou...-suspected-kidnapping-victim-holly-bobo-.html

It has to be determined why Holly's belongings were thrown from the car in various locations. This shows a disorganized crime....which gives a little insight into the perp.

What we don't know is if they were thrown or strategically placed where they were found. I'm betting thrown out a window.

Someone please tell me if the preacher in the article who pushed the man and killed him,
is the same preacher who has appeared with the Bobo family as their supporter and sometimes spokesperson. Thanks...

Prancy, I have no ideal....seems to be a lot of preachers in the news in that small area.
Does anyone know if this is the same preacher,....in which his Grandson was killed in a car wreck about a month before Holly went missing?

Prancy, I have no ideal....seems to be a lot of preachers in the news in that small area.
Does anyone know if this is the same preacher,....in which his Grandson was killed in a car wreck about a month before Holly went missing?

Don Franks is the preacher whose grandson was killed, and it is his church the Bobo's attend.

The other preacher has been at searches, etc.

I have a very sensitive hinky meter. Sometimes things just seem very odd IMO and also quite coincidental. The preacher who pushed a man and killed him, is the same Preacher Chris Warren who lead prayer at the Bobo family vigil. Isn't Parsons a very small town? I hope someone is looking into this.

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsou...-suspected-kidnapping-victim-holly-bobo-.html

Like you, I don't always believe in coincidences in missing person cases and even murder cases but I just don't get the connection with the preacher involved in the wedding scuffle and Holly's disappearance so just wondering why others feel there is a connection? Do some feel this dad knew more than he should about this case and the preacher?

With all the talk of preachers, pastors and religious groups, i thought id post this forensic astrology analysis of Holly's case, done in May..

http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/2011/05/holly-bobo.html
----------------
I have a question for you goodgirl65. If Holly was abducted by a cult-type survivalist group, then, do you you think that this incident that I've posted a few times here could actually have happened?

http://www.themountainpress.com/vie...-had-been-kidnapped-after-turning-up-in-park-

We have never heard why it was considered false, where his vehicle was, etc. etc.

Sorry to have to bring it up again, but some of us have concerns over what actually happened.

Just to cover all of the bases, shouldn't LE check out that park area to make sure Holly isn't/wasn't being held somewhere around there?

About those pastors...

I found this article helpful:

http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3804

Also, the obit for the bride's father:

http://www.readtheleader.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=36&Itemid=37

Hey there's a familiar name!

Interestingly, the church where the early HB searches were staged started looking for a new pastor about a month and a half after HB went missing:

http://www.uu.edu/churchrelations/jobs/detail.cfm?MinJobID=130

Yeah, I know it's a small town. So they are probably allllll connected in one way or another. I'm curious now too though, but don't have time to dig further today.

About those pastors...

I found this article helpful:

http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3804

Also, the obit for the bride's father:

http://www.readtheleader.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=36&Itemid=37

Hey there's a familiar name!

Interestingly, the church where the early HB searches were staged started looking for a new pastor about a month and a half after HB went missing:

http://www.uu.edu/churchrelations/jobs/detail.cfm?MinJobID=130

Yeah, I know it's a small town. So they are probably allllll connected in one way or another. I'm curious now too though, but don't have time to dig further today.

Thank you so much for the links. The last one is especially interesting. It's probably just coincidence though........you never know. I say no stone should be be unturned.

The first article indicates that Holly was VERY involved in her church and their activities. There are many people who had contact with her there in addition to the people at her college.

Like you, I don't always believe in coincidences in missing person cases and even murder cases but I just don't get the connection with the preacher involved in the wedding scuffle and Holly's disappearance so just wondering why others feel there is a connection? Do some feel this dad knew more than he should about this case and the preacher?

Don't have time for a big long post, but I've kind of been interested in a possible religious angle to this since I found out that the Bobo family was "represented" by one of their pastors in the media.

I found that interesting. I can certainly see seeking out a member of the clergy privately in times of great emotional distress and need...but to put him front and center publicly? That just struck me as odd.

The fact that folks here are discussing it openly just brought the issue back to the forefront for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katelyn26