TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now someone on FB is saying Karen did not want what seems like a celebration on Holly's birthday, a painful day...and that they did not want people to do these things without asking. I can't tell if this person knows Holly's mom or is giving her opinion...FWIW

I could understand the family not wanting it held on Holly's birthday. That should have been discussed in advance. Maybe the closer it came to the date the harder it was for Karen to handle.

Don't they(LE)believe that it's possible that the lunchbag and other items found were possibly placed at some point "after the fact" and were found at some point a day or two later and some thought to have been found as late as Easter weekend(I.e. The item always purposed to have been the cell phone)..

I honestly dont know what to think or believe anymore and the more excuses that come out for the cancelled benefit the more it doesn't make sense(now possibly because it was on or near her birthday??) What better way to mark a missing PERSON's birthday than to hold a benefit raising funds to find and bring the missing person home?!?

Okay, now the whole conversation on FB is gone...poof.

I don't know what fb page you are looking at. I haven't kept up with them but I just read one holly bobo FB page and it spoke about the birthday and how the mom asked them all not to do anything that they wanted to share the birthday alone.

One I think the prayers and updates one was the one I was reading.

She was pretty upset over it but also understood. The message went out to every HB fb type page. The family said they had enough funds, and that day is going to be hard enough and want to share it only with family. *shrug*

I don't know what fb page you are looking at. I haven't kept up with them but I just read one holly bobo FB page and it spoke about the birthday and how the mom asked them all not to do anything that they wanted to share the birthday alone.

She was pretty upset over it but also understood. The message went out to every HB fb type page. The family said they had enough funds, and that day is going to be hard enough and want to share it only with family. *shrug*

Who ever has "enough funds?" That doesn't make sense to me....She said they had "enough" money and just wanted prayers. Really, Karen? Really?

TES shoulda been called on day 1.

I honestly do not feel any of her immediate family would intentionally harm Holly..
ATLEAST with what is known I just don't believe that.. My gut doesn't feel as tho any of the three would intentionally harm her.. And have heard zero alluding to any type of dysfunctional relationships between these 4 family members..

My instincts definitely indicate something is up with this family's behaviors and statements and I do suspect some deceit.. What is that from and what is that about?? I honestly cannot figure it out..

Who ever has "enough funds?" That doesn't make sense to me....She said they had "enough" money and just wanted prayers. Really, Karen? Really?

TES shoulda been called on day 1.
I know, maybe its a legal reason? I don't know but this entire case is more baffling then anyone I've read in a long time. My brain hurt so much at the start trying to figure it all out and it started to get even stranger. That is when I stopped following because my brain just hurts.

Here's what I'm starting to think....

I was really confused about the whole asking for help from the President but canceling a local event, so in trying to make sense out of it, I have kind of a theory. Maybe the family has an idea of what happened, and there are specific steps that they want taken, but they don't want to share those with the public for whatever reason. Maybe, as some have suggested, an influential family is involved, and they feel they need something more than SAR and local fundraisers? Maybe they feel anymore local attention drawn to the case will only make things worse somehow, like maybe they are fearful of the perp or believe that if Holly is still alive she might be harmed? Or maybe - and I hate to go this route, but we have to explore every possibility - maybe Holly was involved with something that they don't want coming out in the public, and while they are grateful for all of the help they do trust local LE and know that there are certain things that need to happen for the case to be solved, so maybe they don't want to see people waste their time and resources or get anymore involved, but they also don't feel like letting us all in on everything. Maybe LE does know that Holly is not in the area and that SAR efforts would be useless, but they can't tell us that for whatever reason.

These are all just ideas, because I can't come up with any other possible explanation. Like others have said, with any other missing persons case where the family is not involved they always say they would do ANYTHING they have to do bring their family member home, and I know that's how I would feel if that ever happened to me. At the same time, they've now got people all over the country who never knew Holly who are interested in their personal business, posting publicly about her, collecting photos of her, organizing events, etc. It's got to be kind of uncomfortable for families, on some level. Of course, no matter what the truth is, they should just want her found, even if something embarrassing would come out (not suggesting it would, just saying it's a possibility), but I think it might be more complicated than that.

I think the family knows a lot more than they are telling the public, but I don't necessarily think they were the ones who harmed Holly. I think they have a strong sense of what this is all related to, though, and maybe when all is said and done (assuming it ever comes to that point) we'll be able to see why they didn't want the public to know everything or why it wouldn't do any good if they did.

Again, I don't necessarily believe any of these things, but they're just theories.

What you say is possible, Goldie, but then why put themselves out there on national TV at all? Why not just keep this the local issue that they seem to want it to be?

What you say is possible, Goldie, but then why put themselves out there on national TV at all? Why not just keep this the local issue that they seem to want it to be?

Right, that's the part that really doesn't make sense. Just playing devil's advocate here, if any of those things I mentioned are true, maybe they've gone on TV a few times because a) they thought they should, and they'd heard enough speculation about why they weren't going to the media or b) they do need help of some sort, but they're just not exactly sure what they need or how to say it.

I know that didn't make much sense, but neither does anything else in this case!

Right, that's the part that really doesn't make sense. Just playing devil's advocate here, if any of those things I mentioned are true, maybe they've gone on TV a few times because a) they thought they should, and they'd heard enough speculation about why they weren't going to the media or b) they do need help of some sort, but they're just not exactly sure what they need or how to say it.

I know that didn't make much sense, but neither does anything else in this case!

Or maybe the information that LE had wasn't solid and those interviews were already booked? Once booked by the time that got there the investigation took a sharp turn?

The mom just sounded confused and kind of desperate to me, the last time she was on JVM show. It didn't sound like she knows anything at all.

Now Karen asking them to do nothing but pray makes sense. She didn't want them to do anything on Holly's birthday except pray.

The family want this to be a day for the family and yes it will be a hard one for them. People should understand that.

Thanks.

Now Karen asking them to do nothing but pray makes sense. She didn't want them to do anything on Holly's birthday except pray.

The family want this to be a day for the family and yes it will be a hard one for them. People should understand that.

Thanks.

I'm sorry but this benefit wasn't just thought up and organized overnight. They've been planning it for a while and Karen, herself mentioned where the money would go in one of the interviews. I'll have to dig up that interview and you can all listen to it again.

Here's what I'm starting to think....

I was really confused about the whole asking for help from the President but canceling a local event, so in trying to make sense out of it, I have kind of a theory. Maybe the family has an idea of what happened, and there are specific steps that they want taken, but they don't want to share those with the public for whatever reason. Maybe, as some have suggested, an influential family is involved, and they feel they need something more than SAR and local fundraisers? Maybe they feel anymore local attention drawn to the case will only make things worse somehow, like maybe they are fearful of the perp or believe that if Holly is still alive she might be harmed? Or maybe - and I hate to go this route, but we have to explore every possibility - maybe Holly was involved with something that they don't want coming out in the public, and while they are grateful for all of the help they do trust local LE and know that there are certain things that need to happen for the case to be solved, so maybe they don't want to see people waste their time and resources or get anymore involved, but they also don't feel like letting us all in on everything. Maybe LE does know that Holly is not in the area and that SAR efforts would be useless, but they can't tell us that for whatever reason.

These are all just ideas, because I can't come up with any other possible explanation. Like others have said, with any other missing persons case where the family is not involved they always say they would do ANYTHING they have to do bring their family member home, and I know that's how I would feel if that ever happened to me. At the same time, they've now got people all over the country who never knew Holly who are interested in their personal business, posting publicly about her, collecting photos of her, organizing events, etc. It's got to be kind of uncomfortable for families, on some level. Of course, no matter what the truth is, they should just want her found, even if something embarrassing would come out (not suggesting it would, just saying it's a possibility), but I think it might be more complicated than that.

I think the family knows a lot more than they are telling the public, but I don't necessarily think they were the ones who harmed Holly. I think they have a strong sense of what this is all related to, though, and maybe when all is said and done (assuming it ever comes to that point) we'll be able to see why they didn't want the public to know everything or why it wouldn't do any good if they did.

Again, I don't necessarily believe any of these things, but they're just theories.

Asking for the President's help is another clue, imo If you put the pieces together it starts making sense or I'm just a loon. :crazy:

Still looking for the interview. Wish I could remember who posted it. :banghead:

I did find the article mentioning the fundraiser. It says family and friends were hosting it and the article is dated Sept. 11th.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980243016#comments

Police said the victim is traumatized, but in a safe location with family.

Cronk is also from Gallatin. Police said he and the woman were acquaintances who met at her workplace, and did not have a romantic relationship.

Mt. Juliet Kidnapping Suspect Found Dead In Mississippi

Mt. Juliet Police said Cronk could have a criminal history. They are waiting on court documents from a past arrest in El Paso, Texas.

Mt. Juliet officials said the kidnapping was not related to ongoing attempted abduction cases in Clarksville and Mt. Juliet.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15534216/manhunt-underway-for-wilson-co-kidnapping-suspect

And I was going with the KISS theory. I guess some have better imaginations than I do.

We're up to 5 comments now

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980367884

I'm sorry but this benefit wasn't just thought up and organized overnight. They've been planning it for a while and Karen, herself mentioned where the money would go in one of the interviews. I'll have to dig up that interview and you can all listen to it again.

I'm sorry, I don't remember saying they didn't know about it. You don't need to look it up.

Is there any mainstream article saying any charity event has been cancelled? There are mainstream articles announcing the October 1 (I think thats the date) event but no retractions or articles saying it has been cancelled. Has the cancellation story only been reported on blogs or face book pages (that may have little credability?)

Still looking for the interview. Wish I could remember who posted it. :banghead:

I did find the article mentioning the fundraiser. It says family and friends were hosting it and the article is dated Sept. 11th.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980243016#comments

Unfortunately, it's these types of statements, within articles:

<It's believed that Holly Bobo was abducted from her home in Darden, Tennessee, but there are no leads and the people of Parsons and Darden aren't calling in with tips.>

...that completely discredit them as 'reporters'- and also harm victims and their loved ones IMO, by implication and speculation.

How do we know 'the people of Parsons and Darden' aren't calling in with tips???? Unless Chelsea Hoffman is an investigator assigned to Holly's case with ANY of the LE agencies involved- she has no way of knowing this.
And if she were- she wouldn't be chatting it up online.

Shame on you, Chelsea Hoffman.
This is a real family, a real missing person, a real community, and a real LE investigation.

Stick to the facts. Your ratings might not go up, but your integrity will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710