TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I say thank goodness for Chelsea Hoffman. If it wasn't for her, this case would be as cold as the winter snow in Canada. She is keeping Holly's name out there for better or worse. She may be the only one asking LE for updates. I don't discredit her reporting nor do I think she's doing it for ratings.

We all have different takes on what constitutes journalism, motivation, and integrity regarding cases.

I respect your opinion, n/t.

However, I will 100% confirm that Chelsea Hoffman is not the only one asking for (or receiving) LE updates.

Also, I want to bump Holly's FBI poster again:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view

Is there any mainstream article saying any charity event has been cancelled? There are mainstream articles announcing the October 1 (I think thats the date) event but no retractions or articles saying it has been cancelled. Has the cancellation story only been reported on blogs or face book pages (that may have little credability?)

The FB page that posted it was the page set up by the people who are organizing the event. The event was being organized by the four women who run the Holly Bobo Updates and Prayers page, and they posted and let everyone know that they talked to Karen and it's canceled.

They've since taken everything related to the discussion down.

What happened to investigative reporters that didn't take no for an answer, and annoyed people until there weresome answers? Earth to Geraldo!

Unfortunately, it's these types of statements, within articles:

<It's believed that Holly Bobo was abducted from her home in Darden, Tennessee, but there are no leads and the people of Parsons and Darden aren't calling in with tips.>

...that completely discredit them as 'reporters'- and also harm victims and their loved ones IMO, by implication and speculation.

How do we know 'the people of Parsons and Darden' aren't calling in with tips???? Unless Chelsea Hoffman is an investigator assigned to Holly's case with ANY of the LE agencies involved- she has no way of knowing this.
And if she were- she wouldn't be chatting it up online.

Shame on you, Chelsea Hoffman.
This is a real family, a real missing person, a real community, and a real LE investigation.

Stick to the facts. Your ratings might not go up, but your integrity will.
Bbm. The "Thanks" button wasn't enough. I haven't posted in awhile, I just don't know what to say anymore, but that girl and her "reporting" makes my blood boil.

Goldiegirl- was there any info on why it was cancelled?

Just read up page and saw the potential reasons for the cancellation.sorry

Not defending the writer of the articles on , but maybe if there is so much untruth to what she says, someone will come forward at some point and correct her...and anyway, gather is not mainstream media, not read by millions of people, so her opinions are not really hurting (much of) anything, as far as I can tell. No worse than many blogs. JMO

We all have different takes on what constitutes journalism, motivation, and integrity regarding cases.

I respect your opinion, n/t.

However, I will 100% confirm that Chelsea Hoffman is not the only one asking for (or receiving) LE updates.

Also, I want to bump Holly's FBI poster again:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view

Oriah, as you know many criticise Nancy Grace also but at the end of the day, she gets the stories out there. Tonight she's covering Aliayah's (sp?) case. Not sure if you're following her case but there's almost nothing on MSM about this beautiful 3 year old cutie pie.

Sometimes even bad press is better than no press. :)

BTW.....I'm sure others are asking for updates but we only post what's out there to post about. If others are asking for updates, I would have no idea if it's not printed in black and white.

Does anybody have a link to the article or interview or whatever it was where it was mentioned that Karen asked for help from the President? I can't remember where that came from. And who did she ask?

Does anybody have a link to the article or interview or whatever it was where it was mentioned that Karen asked for help from the President? I can't remember where that came from. And who did she ask?

"As Holly's mom, nearly four months into it, we still don't have holly so I'm asking for help from President Obama, if you could please send some more help," Karen said.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15221469/holly-bobos-mother-to-president-obama-please-send-more-help

And of course, it seems as though no one asked what she wanted from the President, what sort of help she thought he could provide.

I. don't. get. it. Why would they ask for help from the President but turn down SAR offers? "Send more help"? WHAT KIND? It makes no sense.

And of course, it seems as though no one asked what she wanted from the President, what sort of help she thought he could provide.

http://www.newschannel5.com/category/107465/openline?nav=menu374_9_5&redirected=true

Pt 2, currently on page 4. Minute 7:14.

"Pleading and begging for anyone to come in and help", "Until we get Holly back, it's just not enough", she says. And yet that contradicts the recent cancellation of the fundraiser for SAR.

This one is a head-scratcher. :waitasec:

The request for help from The President came out on August 6, 2011, right? Have there been any statements from the family since then? I have searched for an official status report on the upcoming fundraisers, but haven't found any.

Has the family ever stated that they tried to reach Holly on her cell phone that morning? I would be interested in knowing who tried to reach her and at what times. I know her mother told JVM she was not given any cell phone information by LE. Did she say whether she ever tried to call Holly? Like right after she talked to her son? Since Holly was on her way out to school she would have had her cell with her, right? (I say that she was on her way out to school, since her lunch container was found at some point away from the house a couple of days later.)

The first thought that comes to mind is that the President could involve the military.
Perhaps there is some militant/survivalist cult/group that the Bobos and others are aware of (and fear); maybe the Bobos believe they abducted Holly and that the military would be best equipped to deal with these people. Fear of retribution would keep the Bobos, and others, from publicly outing this group.

Just a theory.

The request for help from The President came out on August 6, 2011, right? Have there been any statements from the family since then? I have searched for an official status report on the upcoming fundraisers, but haven't found any.

Has the family ever stated that they tried to reach Holly on her cell phone that morning? I would be interested in knowing who tried to reach her and at what times. I know her mother told JVM she was not given any cell phone information by LE. Did she say whether she ever tried to call Holly? Like right after she talked to her son? Since Holly was on her way out to school she would have had her cell with her, right? (I say that she was on her way out to school, since her lunch container was found at some point away from the house a couple of days later.)

Very good point, Prancy. You would think mom or someone would have called Holly to see if she would answer.

Regarding Mom calling Holly's cell phone - it seems KB thought the worst as soon as she heard Holly went off with someone since she knew it could not Holly's BF.

So, put yourself in KB place - would you call your daughter and perhaps give way the fact to the perp that your daughter she has a cell phone with her? The longer Holly could keep her cellphone with its battery in place, the more pings it would make.

Regarding Mom calling Holly's cell phone - it seems KB thought the worst as soon as she heard Holly went off with someone since she knew it could not Holly's BF.

So, put yourself in KB place - would you call your daughter and perhaps give way the fact to the perp that your daughter she has a cell phone with her? The longer Holly could keep her cellphone with its battery in place, the more pings it would make.

That's true. Unfortunately, I'm not sure in such a panic and wanting to contact your daughter you would think that logically under the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro