TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When last seen, we're told she was bleeding, screaming, and in the process of being abducted. Does not bode well for future longevity.

What doesn't bode well, imo are inconsistent statements and I think that is what LE is having to deal with.

I learned a new word today in investigative police work when watching ID, 'moulding' and I think it applies here. I used the word evolved earlier but I think moulding is a more appropriate word. The story was moulded to fit the facts.

What doesn't bode well, imo are inconsistent statements and I think that is what LE is having to deal with.

I learned a new word today in investigative police work when watching ID, 'moulding' and I think it applies here. I used the word evolved earlier but I think moulding is a more appropriate word. The story was moulded to fit the facts.

What facts?

What facts?

You're right. What facts? The only thing we're sure of is the pool of blood in the carport and her lunchbox being found. Even the scream was changed from a female hearing it to a male.

Does TBI have a legal obligation to release to the press what they are doing? Maybe the family is caught in a kind of "limbo" situation here. LE is telling them that it is an active investigation and other people are saying that nothing is being done?

Law enforcement has no obligation to tell anyone anything; family or otherwise.

Holly....where are you? Come home....

I am pretty sure that if LE had any relevant info for the family, they told them. This is a tight knit community, there is no way the family has not heard something. Besides, some of the LE are the pastors and this is a Bible Belt area.

Dollars to donuts people are talking w/Karen and Dana...giving them all sorts of things to think about. This family should have some idea of what could have happened. To say they don't makes no sense. Hey, the idea could be wrong but they have to have many ideas going through their heads concerning what happened that morning.

bbm

I've loosely followed this case from the beginning, but haven't posted, since I've been busy with another case.

I wanted to chime in & say that I totally agree with the bolded portion of the above quote.

IMO, I don't rule out Clint from being involved for any reason except that I can't justify his having time pull it off given the known timeline...even if Karen leaves home at 6:30am, and we know that police arive on scene around 8am or maybe a few minutes before...I just dont think Clint could get away with something like what would have had to transpire in that amount of time. In my opinion, something happened and Clint was a partial witness, and this neighbor was a partial witness, and each person due to some situation unknown to us was unable to stop it, but each person, Clint and the Neighbor Witnessed something that caused them Seperately to raise the alarm. These are, it seems to me, what we can take to be "fact" in this whole messed up mess.

The guy pulled out of the cumberland river was a 58 yo homeless guy, then found his wallet with his ID in it. Nice catch.

IMO, I don't rule out Clint from being involved for any reason except that I can't justify his having time pull it off given the known timeline...even if Karen leaves home at 6:30am, and we know that police arive on scene around 8am or maybe a few minutes before...I just dont think Clint could get away with something like what would have had to transpire in that amount of time. In my opinion, something happened and Clint was a partial witness, and this neighbor was a partial witness, and each person due to some situation unknown to us was unable to stop it, but each person, Clint and the Neighbor Witnessed something that caused them Seperately to raise the alarm. These are, it seems to me, what we can take to be "fact" in this whole messed up mess.
There was a video link posted and Sheriff Wyatt said the FIRST 911 call cam in @7:59am

It was asked why money is needed for SAR when TES and other similar organizations don't cost the family a penny.

I have no idea what specific parts of a SAR team the fundraiser was meant to pay for. However, every time TES sends their volunteers somewhere (and I use them as an example, but it's the same for any SAR team), the money to do so comes out of the organization's funds that they've raised. In order to pay for the SAR efforts they take part in, these organizations hold numerous fundraisers throughout the year.

Although the family wouldn't have had to pay a SAR team to come in and search, maybe the girls organizing the fundraiser thought they could use it to pay the organization back, in a way, since those funds would have to come from somewhere.

There have been times when Tim Miller said they hardly had the funds to send his people out on an important search, but he went anyway, and they continued to make it on donations.

The searches might be free to the families, but they're not free to the organizations. That's why TES sued Casey Anthony for all the money, time and resources they spent looking for Caylee when she knew where she was.

Why don't the Bobo's ask CUE (Monica Caison) to come in and search like the Nowacki family did for Gail Palmgren?

Dana Bobo said it had to be somebody that knows the routine of the people in the house. What about the neighbors? Wouldn't they be the most likely ones to know the routine? Were there any young men living nearby? Were there any problems with any of the neighbors such as mental illness, violence, etc?

OH Noooooooooooo! Local news just announcing a little boy, 5 yrs old. missing from Woodside Ca...that's my neck of the woods..Lord have mercy!

That does not happen in Woodside. Do they have the right city? Maybe they mean Redwood City next door? I am in San Jose right now...will travel back there tomorrow.

I can't find anything on this story...

Hi Snowbunny..the Bobo's have to ask for any of them to help. It doesn't appear the Sheriff and TBI are doing any searching since Easter Sunday. They found something and called off searches.

What do you mean a fake? Its obvious the girls taped it and they arnt driving as they all look straight in the camera until the music starts and then start to dance and sing. My friends and I used to do "music videos" all the time to Janet Jackson when we were younger.
The blonde driving has been in many pics with Holly and is likely one of her closer friends.,

Thank you, very much Plumeria5. That video is fake. That is not even a real car.
That is one of those set cars. And of course, they are lip synching, except at the beginning. So a youtube account was made in order to upload this one fake video.

Who is the girl on the right?

It is no mystery to me why they are not inviting any national groups like Klaas Kids to get involved.

Was this story today the first time a story has come out on this in the media recently?

I don't see the word "fake". The word used was "false". Not the same in a missing persons case but I assumed everyone knew that especially when it comes to SAR and tipsters. Most LE follow up on any leads. Not all turn out to be credible. Some do end up being false.:innocent:

From the link BeanE posted:

'Fake' is my word choice- one that I use for 'SAR' groups who fit the adjective, noun and verb definition here:
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/fake

They can have a very serious, and very negative impact on case investigations.

'False' leads are common. And unfortunately, so are 'fake' SAR teams.

Investigators had 400 leads in Shawn Hornbeck's case. Not one turned out to be credible. I consider those as false leads or he would have been found
4 1/2 years earlier. Madeleine McCann: Many leads across the entire world. All turned out to be false. It doesn't mean they were meant to mislead the investigation.

In this case, from what I recall, LE said they had hundreds of leads. None leading to finding Holly. Were they all by this SAR team that is being bashed by LE, here and in the media? I don't think so.

I'd like to add that if I was a family member, I'd want every lead followed up on regardless of what LE claimed to be "false" or not. Furthermore, I'd take any help I could get from any well intentioned folks, including psychics. What is there to lose? But hey, that's just me.

BBM:
Okay- I am truly wanting to understand this perspective from a SAR aspect, because I think our team could better assist families and friends of missing persons if I did.

I feel there is a LOT to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member