Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:
Because for LE, it is a pain in the tush- and a waste of time, energy, and resources to deal with 'fake' SAR and their 'tips'.

Off to join BeanE, and the turkeys.

I don't see the word "fake". The word used was "false". Not the same in a missing persons case but I assumed everyone knew that especially when it comes to SAR and tipsters. Most LE follow up on any leads. Not all turn out to be credible. Some do end up being false.:innocent:

From the link BeanE posted:
While founder Tony Calabrese says his group is helping in big way, the TBI says they are not, and even claims the group is responsible for false leads in the case

Even if LE believes Holly is dead, that is no reason not to search. It doesn't make sense that searches would cease due to weather, allegedly, and then never resume. Especially when they keep saying they believe she never left the state, something I cannot imagine how they would know, unless they know where she is.

Hmm....well, that's put things in perspective. The parents are the ones asking for help and donations. Can I assume that the parents did not like what the TBI has told them concerning Holly?

So the family is searching on their own. Ya know, stopping the searches a few days after the victim is missing is ominous. They know something. The phone may have told LE almost all they need to know. It all happened on that Easter Weekend...hmm.

But supposedly no searches have been conducted since Easter aside from what the family is able to do themselves.

Does TBI have a legal obligation to release to the press what they are doing? Maybe the family is caught in a kind of "limbo" situation here. LE is telling them that it is an active investigation and other people are saying that nothing is being done?

Even if LE believes Holly is dead, that is no reason not to search. It doesn't make sense that searches would cease due to weather, allegedly, and then never resume. Especially when they keep saying they believe she never left the state, something I cannot imagine how they would know, unless they know where she is.

They stopped searching and haven't cleared one person. We all know the first to be cleared is the family so LE can move forward. LE needs to make and official statement..yet they haven't.

We know this place is victim friendly, etc.. However, the family needs to be cleared ASAP. Why is this NOT happening?

Hmm....well, that's put things in perspective. The parents are the ones asking for help and donations. Can I assume that the parents did not like what the TBI has told them concerning Holly?

So the family is searching on their own. Ya know, stopping the searches a few days after the victim is missing is ominous. They know something. The phone may have told LE almost all they need to know. It all happened on that Easter Weekend...hmm.

Has the family been asking for money? I haven't seen that.

And what could a phone tell LE to cease all searching? Makes no sense.

Perhaps they're maintaining that Holly wasn't taken across state lines in order to keep the FBI from getting back into this and discovering what a mucked-up situation TBI may have made of it all.

As far as I can tell, this was a disorganized crime...meaning there was evidence left behind. The perp did not care if the brother was home. We can come to several conclusions:

1. the perp was psychotic and confused.
2. the perp knew the family and was so enraged that he didn't care who was home.
3. the perp was responsible for an accident which harmed Holly and wanted to get her off the property asap.

Now why dress in camo so early in the day. Was the perp going hunting? Did a stray bullet hit Holly?

Has the family been asking for money? I haven't seen that.

And what could a phone tell LE to cease all searching? Makes no sense.

Many fundraisers have happened. Many donations from groups have come in. They have said the money is to help the family with daily living expenses and fund searches.

In the first few days, they raised $40,000 selling t-shirts; $15.00 a piece and they sold 2500. Of course you have to subtract the wholesale cos2t to the family. Many, many generous people in that area. Last month a Biker Club gave the family $2500. I haven't followed what each of the fundraisers have brought in. I get the impression they have received a lot of support both spiritual and financial. The Bobos have taken to searching on their own.

As frustrating as it may be, and even sometimes detrimental to the case imo, LE has no obligation to tell us anything.

On another note, when I read "false leads", to me, that says that they were incorrect on purpose, but maybe that's just me. So I see false and fake as pretty much the same thing in this situation.

Perhaps they're maintaining that Holly wasn't taken across state lines in order to keep the FBI from getting back into this and discovering what a mucked-up situation TBI may have made of it all.

As seen in many cases, politics, at the expense of a victim, is a consideration not to be dismissed.

Maybe she's alive? IDK.

I wonder if Holly ever got a ride to school in the morning. Many times nursing students become very close to each other. Isn't it true that some school items were located in Parsons? It seems that they traveled North from her house to Hwy 40 and then to hwy 69 (the main street of Parsons). I can't fathom why a perp would drive smack in the middle of the town, where Dana, Clint, Karen and Holly are each day, and throw stuff out. Could he or Holly be saying, "The heck with school, goodby school". It is just crazy but interesting.

When last seen, we're told she was bleeding, screaming, and in the process of being abducted. Does not bode well for future longevity.

I am pretty sure that if LE had any relevant info for the family, they told them. This is a tight knit community, there is no way the family has not heard something. Besides, some of the LE are the pastors and this is a Bible Belt area.

Dollars to donuts people are talking w/Karen and Dana...giving them all sorts of things to think about. This family should have some idea of what could have happened. To say they don't makes no sense. Hey, the idea could be wrong but they have to have many ideas going through their heads concerning what happened that morning.

When last seen, we're told she was bleeding, screaming, and in the process of being abducted. Does not bode well for future longevity.

I know...but every once in awhile I go off the deep end....

As seen in many cases, politics, at the expense of a victim, is a consideration not to be dismissed.

If anyone followed the Kesse Case, they are still going through a nightmare with FBI, FDLE and the local LE...each tossing the other as the one to go to for information. It is pathetic. The Kesse Family is going through a living h*&l.

Has anyone lawyered up in this case? It sure seems like it. This is the pattern I see when people stop talking to LE..

As frustrating as it may be, and even sometimes detrimental to the case imo, LE has no obligation to tell us anything.

On another note, when I read "false leads", to me, that says that they were incorrect on purpose, but maybe that's just me. So I see false and fake as pretty much the same thing in this situation.

Investigators had 400 leads in Shawn Hornbeck's case. Not one turned out to be credible. I consider those as false leads or he would have been found
4 1/2 years earlier. Madeleine McCann: Many leads across the entire world. All turned out to be false. It doesn't mean they were meant to mislead the investigation.

In this case, from what I recall, LE said they had hundreds of leads. None leading to finding Holly. Were they all by this SAR team that is being bashed by LE, here and in the media? I don't think so.

I'd like to add that if I was a family member, I'd want every lead followed up on regardless of what LE claimed to be "false" or not. Furthermore, I'd take any help I could get from any well intentioned folks, including psychics. What is there to lose? But hey, that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx