TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the property directly North of the Bobo's been thoroughly searched? I'm in agreement w/Oriah about that logging road. If you look at an aerial view, you can discern a parting in the trees. The path is parallel with the shed on the back of the house and continues North and then angles in a straight diagonal line to Swan Johnson.

How is the evidence found viewed by the professionals? The evidence was found close to the cemetery and to the rock quarry in Parsons. They have found evidence that they have not shared. They must have the cell phone but if the area is anything like North Florida, the cell towers are too far apart to track anything.

It may be beneficial to check out the property again to the east and north of the Bobo's. I agree with Oriah on that thought.

Yes. You mentioned there were others as well so wondered if they were local.

Do you mean local as in- only from TN? I know there has been at least one from out of state.

Has the property directly North of the Bobo's been thoroughly searched? I'm in agreement w/Oriah about that logging road. If you look at an aerial view, you can discern a parting in the trees. The path is parallel with the shed on the back of the house and continues North and then angles in a straight diagonal line to Swan Johnson.

How is the evidence found viewed by the professionals? The evidence was found close to the cemetery and to the rock quarry in Parsons. They have found evidence that they have not shared. They must have the cell phone but if the area is anything like North Florida, the cell towers are too far apart to track anything.

It may be beneficial to check out the property again to the east and north of the Bobo's. I agree with Oriah on that thought.

Based on the map showing the areas that were searched you are correct. I wondered the same thing. They were all over the map but not totally covering the areas around the Bobo property.

I thought they headed north or north east but that area wasn't searched. I guess they had their reasons and I'm sure I don't know them but I would have made sure everything surrounding the house was searched. moo

Wow. I don't know what to think. One of the organizers said her heart was broken today and needed a break. That doesn't sound good. I, too, noticed WD sudden "reappearance" in requesting prayers for Holly.

Strange, also that the Jackson Sun wanted people to submit their theories (2 days ago). I only saw 2 comments so far. I wonder if others sent in their theories privately?

I've been pushing for SAR teams like Klaas Kids or TES or Laura Recovery. I was hoping the money raised from the fundraiser would go towards a big SAR effort. The same as was done for Michelle Le where everyone gets involved. I'm not from TN nor am I from the USA but have been following Holly's case from day 1. I would've helped in anyway possible if they got an organized search. Sending food, beverages, etc.

Praying for some news. Hopefully, it'll be that Holly was found safe and well and there is no need for a fundraiser.

Hhmmmmm.. So.. The latest fundraiser was cancelled?? When was the fundraiser supposed to take place?? Is it something cancelled on short notice or was the event still days or weeks away??

Wondering what could be the motive for canceling a fundraiser?? Why now?? There have been several so why cancel this one particularly?? I guess depending on how short of notice there was in canceling it whether or not Ill feel it's related to something else..

When was the fundraiser to have taken place?

Oct. 1st in Memphis. In reading the FB page, I think something is going on hasn't been made public yet. Why would one of the organizers post that her heart was broken and she wanted to take down the page but instead is taking a break?

Another post was made on FB. It sounds like broken heart because they were told to cancel the event and nothing to do with any news. I wonder who they mean by "they" when referring to the fundraiser being cancelled. Did Holly's family tell them to cancel it, LE?

Another post was made on FB. It sounds like broken heart because they were told to cancel the event and nothing to do with any news. I wonder who they mean by "they" when referring to the fundraiser being cancelled. Did Holly's family tell them to cancel it, LE?

So do I. I can't understand why this would happen. The FB person insists that there is nothing new. So why not have it, if not for money, for the awareness?

I am talking about the abductor previously mentioned.

"ABERDEEN — A kidnapping that began at a Kangaroo gas station in metro Nashville, ended in Monroe County when the culprit was found dead at Crossroads Shell in Hamilton Friday morning.

Stephen Lynn Cronk, 58, of 648 North Boyers St., Gallatin, Tenn., texted Summer Eaton, 18, of 239 East. Winchester St. Apt. A, Gallatin, Tenn., after she got off work from a Waffle House to say he wanted to tell her goodbye before he moved to Knoxville, Tenn."

He was shot. Drove off in his truck. Sat in the truck at a gas station for several hours until he died.

At age 58 this was probably not his first abduction and he had a record.
Someone asked that the fund raiser be cancelled. I just wondered if it could possibly have anything to do with Cronk.

Just thinking maybe he left a note and mentioned Holly or other offenses before he died. Or did they cancel out of respect for the girl who was abducted.

It was just a thought. It might not have had anything at all to do with Holly but the timing of the event and the other abduction just made me wonder.

moo

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15534216/manhunt-underway-for-wilson-co-kidnapping-suspect

The girl he abducted shot him, so I don't think he confessed to anything about Holly. She says she got the gun away from him and shot him in the stomach. LE is "uncertain" of his cause of death. (?)

Article also says that LE does not believe he had anything to do with "ongoing attempted abduction cases in Clarksville and Mt. Juliet." Which cases are these again?

Well, sounds like it's the same ol' same ol' in Tennessee.

If LE does not believe any of these abductions and/or attempted abductions are related, it doesn't sound as though TN is a good place to be a young woman, JMO.

I'm re-reading a book on the Atlanta Child Murders of yore, written by a former top cop, and was reminded of this case when he writes that if LE isn't sharing information with the public, it's almost always because they don't have much of anything. The case here, methinks.

Lol, "Blink" on his/her forum/blg is of course claiming to know the scoop on why the benefit was cancelled but it is classified and top secret info. Good grief, with all of her insider knowledge on all of these cases, no one should still be unaccounted for...JMO

Lol, "Blink" on his/her forum/blg is of course claiming to know the scoop on why the benefit was cancelled but it is classified and top secret info. Good grief, with all of her insider knowledge on all of these cases, no one should still be unaccounted for...JMO

Yes, that one had this case solved the first week. It was ALL ABOUT THE TIRES.

Yes, that one had this case solved the first week. It was ALL ABOUT THE TIRES.

She also claims to know who took Kyron from the school and that it wasn't TH...and she claims LE knows too. :)

Way to Go, Clu!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Why is it almost taboo to talk about Holly Bobo's disappearance in Parsons?
Someone visits Parsons on business, asks a waitress what is new in the case, and apparently the question is completely ignored. It's not like it is a tourist trap and the CoC is afraid of scaring them off. I feel for Holly. It is like she is being swept under the rug to be forgotten forever.

All I have been doing lately is checking in at WS just to see if there are any new developments in Holly's case. No comments, since it has all been said before.

I hate to say this, but I truly believe the most valuable information was lost the day she went missing. No road blocks and no immediate search of the surrounding area can't be a good way to start an investigation. Perhaps it took a while for LE to figure out exactly what the one and only witness was saying...and it looks like they still have not straightened that out.
Think of all the valuable time lost.:sick: I have to wonder when the local newspaper wants it's citizens to "send in " their theories as to what may have happened---THAT can't be good. I think we may have to depend on "getting lucky" in this case, and so be it, if it will bring Holly home.

Why is it almost taboo to talk about Holly Bobo's disappearance in Parsons?
Someone visits Parsons on business, asks a waitress what is new in the case, and apparently the question is completely ignored. It's not like it is a tourist trap and the CoC is afraid of scaring them off. I feel for Holly. It is like she is being swept under the rug to be forgotten forever.

Yeah, I've sensed that. Very....insular type of place, and I've a predilection for towns called Parsons, having been born in one (in KS though, not TN). It's like the archetypal Southern gothic hamlet where evil reigns but they protect their own - at the expense of all else. (I'm sure it's not but that is the impression one could get.)

Poor Holly ..she seems to be all but forgotten in MSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members