TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this, but I'm about to give up after the new posts on FB about the fundraiser. I mean, I will never give up praying and hoping and thinking about Holly, and I'll do anything I can to help, but this is getting ridiculous. If somebody (family, LE, whoever it is), doesn't want our help and doesn't want the community to care, then I guess that's what they're going to get. This is just too strange.

Yes, that one had this case solved the first week. It was ALL ABOUT THE TIRES.

I don't follow that blog and have no idea what the author posted about the tires but it sure sounds like a viable clue if there were tire tracks. As a matter of fact, I mentioned it at some point also. It certainly would've been something LE should have investigated if they didn't. But then again, the searches early on were so disorganized. Community volunteers going about doing their own thing with their ATV's, etc. Even if there were tire tracks made by the perp's vehicle, they were probably destroyed.

I don't follow that blog and have no idea what the author posted about the tires but it sure sounds like a viable clue if there were tire tracks. As a matter of fact, I mentioned it at some point also. It certainly would've been something LE should have investigated if they didn't. But then again, the searches early on were so disorganized. Community volunteers going about doing their own thing with their ATV's, etc. Even if there were tire tracks made by the perp's vehicle, they were probably destroyed.
If memory, frequently dim, serves, it was tied to LE's pronouncement that individuals cleaning their vehicles after HB's disappearance should be watched carefully, which segued into a Craig's List ad for RV tires. I don't think anything as concrete as actual tracks was mentioned at all.

If memory, frequently dim, serves, it was tied to LE's pronouncement that individuals cleaning their vehicles after HB's disappearance should be watched carefully, which segued into a Craig's List ad for RV tires. I don't think anything as concrete as actual tracks was mentioned at all.

Right, no tracks, just someone who had been selling tires, but I believe the ad was actually placed and ran before April 13th, IIRC...

I don't know what to think about the Bobo family not wanting the benefit to happen. I guess they probably don't like us talking about Holly either...maybe unless it is just prayers...?

Yes....over on the FB page, a lady named Jacqueline issues a statement from Karen Bobo. The statement indicates that, "There are certain legal steps regarding benefits and fund raisers in general that only she can authorize."

Its kinda strange...it says, "A NOTE FROM KAREN BOBO:" and then it continues while speaking of Karen in the third person....

Yes, that's the way to go about keeping up interest in finding a missing person, resort to technicalities and cancel the benefits.

NEW UPDATE:

If I'm not allowed to post this, please take it down, mods. This is directly from the "Holly Bobo Updates and Prayers" FB page as of 18 minutes ago.

"We have all the info we need about why the benefit was ASKED not to happen..we all spoke to Mrs Bobo ourselves. That is between myself, my team, and them. Please dont post messages on what you believe, what Karen may or may not have said, or any kind of rumors here on my page. There is NO legal steps to having a benefit for someone...this isnt my first go round. But all that matters is we were asking NOT to do it, and im honoring that and going against everything i know and feel in my heart. I dont want to talk about it anymore..i am not healed yet and it hurts! Thank You"

While I do not understand why the Bobo family does not want the fundraiser to take place, I also can't understand planning such an event without making sure the family is aware and on board before doing anything at all.

While I do not understand why the Bobo family does not want the fundraiser to take place, I also can't understand planning such an event without making sure the family is aware and on board before doing anything at all.

For some reason, I don't think this was the case. Its been announced for a while now...I've seen it advertised on FB. The family had to know it was planned, especially if they are spending 24/7 trying to find Holly and following the Find Holly Bobo page. I get the feeling from reading the comments on the page that there is more to this....the admins seemed very discouraged. Not sure what it means.

Its odd that a couple GOOD Holly Bobo FB groups I joined ages ago deleted themselves. Thats kinda strange.

I've thought almost from the beginning that the Bobo family was getting bad advice from those they trusted, or had to trust.

Its odd that a couple GOOD Holly Bobo FB groups I joined ages ago deleted themselves. Thats kinda strange.

The one who posted about the cancelled fundraiser sounded like she was contemplating cancelling the page but decided to leave it up even if she was heartbroken.

Strange indeed. What's going on?

Experienced Sleuthers-what does this usually mean? This one is baffling me as much as Katelyn's regarding family/LE involvement.

Nothing in this case is like any other I have followed, so nothing surprises me, or will surprise me.

This case felt dark from the beginning. I know most of them are dark, but.

ANOTHER INTERESTING POST....

"Nothing needs to be authorized, that is completely false. We were doing this for the Bobo's so they could have extra money to hire experienced searchers and investigators. Those things need to happen. We already had no telling how many people coming and willing to do anything and everything to help out. But Karen says they have "enough" and just need prayers. Ive worked cases, i know how much it costs to actively search for a loved one...its not cheap, lets just say that. But Hey...Its over and done with. Yea im hurt and im a little bitter but ill be OK. Ive worked hundreds of hours on finding holly, ive put out more search teams then i can remember. All from another state. Ive done everything i know to do besides handing them thousands of dollars to HELP them hire people to find their daughter...and that was my dream. I dont understand it, and im not gonna try to pretend to. But i will do as im told. Someone else will need our help one day and we will be there. Until then, I will still be here on my page, that i have had since Holly disappeared, praying, searching, talking, and making great relationships with some of the best people i have ever met. And that alone makes every sleepless night worth it!"

She goes on to say in another post how hurt she is. It's interesting to see that Karen said they had enough. Enough people? Enough money? I don't know.

Sounds like they are counting on prayers. I haven't really seen where that brings anyone home, but that is just me.

hmmmm interesting that the money was for experienced searchers and investigators. It's all starting to make sense now. Wow. Just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88