TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comments on a few things snipped from above:

Fridaybaker, KB had spoken to Drew earlier in the morning.... don't know what was said, but from her reaction it seems she knew he had no intention of visiting Holly that morning....

When? Before the hunting misunderstanding?

I agree that each family has their own dynamics and it is typical for brothers and sisters to not get involved with each other's business. But when I look at this story as it has been presented, I do not think it is simple as saying that CB did not go outside because he wanted to respect his sister's privacy. He was awoken to a dog barking, he began looking around the house, saw his sister's car at home but did not see her, looked around the house for her. Then saw silhouettes in the garage and called his mother to ask what may be going on, mother told him HB should be gone by now and it isn't right that HB car is still there, mother hangs up and calls 911. CB is still looking around and sees his sister and a man in camo clothing walking away. CB then begins to call HB phone and then DS phone, nobody answers and then the mother calls back to tell CB that HB isn't with her boyfriend and that he needs to get a gun and pursue them. He gets outside to where he saw silhouettes in the garage, spots blood on the ground and still thinks nothing is wrong.
My point being that CB did everything he could to figure out what was going on with his sister, except go and ask her when he saw her. Instead he decides to call her phone. It is an odd mixture of concern and negligence and it is really hard for me to understand how he could be looking for his sister and when he sees her, decides to call her phone. Now add in the elevated sense of concern from his mother and it leaves me baffled.
My question is not respecting your sister's privacy, it is- if you were looking for your sister around your house and had the slightest inkling something may be unusual about what you are seeing, when you actually see her walking outside the house, would you go outside to talk to her or would you call her phone? IMO no matter how you look at this sequence, it doesn't feel right and there are important pieces to this story that are missing. IMO this story sounds more like somebody who was frightened and did everything he could while keeping a safe distance.

OK, whose turn is it to beat the dead horse? Mine? That's what I thought....

:deadhorse:

I agree that each family has their own dynamics and it is typical for brothers and sisters to not get involved with each other's business. But when I look at this story as it has been presented, I do not think it is simple as saying that CB did not go outside because he wanted to respect his sister's privacy. He was awoken to a dog barking, he began looking around the house, saw his sister's car at home but did not see her, looked around the house for her. Then saw silhouettes in the garage and called his mother to ask what may be going on, mother told him HB should be gone by now and it isn't right that HB car is still there, mother hangs up and calls 911. CB is still looking around and sees his sister and a man in camo clothing walking away. CB then begins to call HB phone and then DS phone, nobody answers and then the mother calls back to tell CB that HB isn't with her boyfriend and that he needs to get a gun and pursue them. He gets outside to where he saw silhouettes in the garage, spots blood on the ground and still thinks nothing is wrong.
My point being that CB did everything he could to figure out what was going on with his sister, except go and ask her when he saw her. Instead he decides to call her phone. It is an odd mixture of concern and negligence and it is really hard for me to understand how he could be looking for his sister and when he sees her, decides to call her phone. Now add in the elevated sense of concern from his mother and it leaves me baffled.
My question is not respecting your sister's privacy, it is- if you were looking for your sister around your house and had the slightest inkling something may be unusual about what you are seeing, when you actually see her walking outside the house, would you go outside to talk to her or would you call her phone? IMO no matter how you look at this sequence, it doesn't feel right and there are important pieces to this story that are missing. IMO this story sounds more like somebody who was frightened and did everything he could while keeping a safe distance.

BBM
And to jump from there –

BIG FAT THEORY: (All things being possible) It could be that maybe Clint “messed around” with someone’s sister and this perp was looking for revenge or some type of comeuppance by attacking/abducting Holly.

Maybe the initial threat was against Clint, but Holly was the easier target.

When it comes to this case, I get the feeling that it’s one family against another; but, of course, there’s no proof of this.

If you’ve been following this case, you know there are holes in the story.
I cannot come to the conclusion that Clint directly harmed his sister.
The accident theory is simple, for me, to accept, but a coverup is not.
A stranger abduction does not fit.

It seems that the story we have been given shows Karen Bobo (maybe) knowing of a perceived threat against her family.

JMO

Fridaybaker, KB had spoken to Drew earlier in the morning.... don't know what was said, but from her reaction it seems she knew he had no intention of visiting Holly that morning....

I'm sorry but I'd forgotten about this conversation with Drew, so perhaps KB's reaction was entirely consistent with what she now heard from Clint. (I have a difficult time wrapping my mind around all of the phone calls and conversations that early in the morning. It's not anything close what goes on in my life!)

I, too, am troubled about what seems to be the strange phone calls to people at work when the person of concern was at the house; live, in person. I note, however, that people have told me that their teenagers sit in the living room --yes, in the same living room- and text each other. I'm just not sure that it's easy to tell what would be "expected behavior" anymore. I can't figure it out, at least. There are just whole, big, parts of social interaction that don't make sense to me. Guess I'm really at a loss here.

So, the dead horse lives. Or something like that.

...sorry, first sentence was a quote from OldSteve; somehow didn't get the "...." in.

One thing I notice is that the 'significant' find made, but never divulged,
was allegedly found as a result of a phoned in tip.

Perp playing around with LE? or someone has heard a brag or two and turned it in?
or perhaps someone with a guilty conscience for having
helped participate or cover up in some way? Or just good person helping
out?

'. . . The Sheriff stated that a tip was received by phone, prompting a
search of the area, during the late evening hours of Easter Sunday. In the
course of the search, a new item was discovered, which law enforcement
considered "significant", and apparently substantial enough for the
Decatur County rescue squad and volunteer firefighters to be dispatched
in order to perform a specialized foot search of the area. . . .'
http://www.examiner.com/crime-justi...te-holly-bobo-s-cell-phone-found-roadside?amp

I know that although it was reported in MSM it came from a phone tip
I also know that another person on the web was claiming he/she was
there as a searcher when the item was found and that it
was a ***** **** *** (not spreading rumors) but then I read other
reports where people claim to have contacted LE and debunked that
claim.

Some claim the find was not the result of a phone tip and they claim to
have gotten their info from TBI.

All in all I have no credible evidence the 'significant' find was not gathered
as the result of a phone tip which told where to look.
LE is not saying anything to the public but many
people have news/blog sites that claim to have called a member of TBI
and/or other LE & gotten confirmation that something did or did not
happen. I hope they forgive me for having my doubts.

It is another of those odd things that seem to abound in relation to this
case.

I have no credible source as to what was found although I have my
private guesses.

A 2nd thing occurred to me:
If the lunchbag/purse/box/ find location is truly different from the
'significant' find location:
I think that, if nothing else, the 'significant' find along with
the lunch purse/box find gives us a possible idea of 2 places the perp was
besides holly's house and that perhaps tells us a little more about our
perp.

Does anyone else feel there was a reason for Clint not being seen or heard for 3months?? His sister had allegedly been kidnapped on April 13th. HE was the ONLY witness and was not seen until the JVM interview on August 4th.

This , to me , is very puzzling? I think the reason for his absence could explain a lot of things. His "witness statement" seems to change in an effort to explain HIS actions .

Question: Do we really think the MSM got it SOOOOO wrong when they said it was a "home invasion" and "Holly was dragged across the carport". SOMEONE must have told LE or the press that, and it could only have been Clint, since he was the only witness, right? Did they just pull that account out of thin air? Doubtful! That story must have originated with Clint.

Even after the public begins to criticize Clint's inaction, Clint is still not seen to set the record straight if this first account was wrong. It only begins to change to accommodate the "public's questioning" through Le or spokespersons, never directly addressed until the August 4th interview with JVM......and Lord knows how that created ONLY more questions.:dunno::pullhair:

Does anyone else feel there was a reason for Clint not being seen or heard for 3months?? His sister had allegedly been kidnapped on April 13th. HE was the ONLY witness and was not seen until the JVM interview on August 4th.

This , to me , is very puzzling? I think the reason for his absence could explain a lot of things. His "witness statement" seems to change in an effort to explain HIS actions .

Question: Do we really think the MSM got it SOOOOO wrong when they said it was a "home invasion" and "Holly was dragged across the carport". SOMEONE must have told LE or the press that, and it could only have been Clint, since he was the only witness, right? Did they just pull that account out of thin air? Doubtful! That story must have originated with Clint.

Even after the public begins to criticize Clint's inaction, Clint is still not seen to set the record straight if this first account was wrong. It only begins to change to accommodate the "public's questioning" through Le or spokespersons, never directly addressed until the August 4th interview with JVM......and Lord knows how that created ONLY more questions.:dunno::pullhair:

BBM:
I do. But it's not a 'popular' opinion. It's just a composite, based on experience with a lot of missing person cases.

Ahhh.. and there is the rub. We don't know the entire situation. LE is not going to release every detail of the investigation, so there is probably a whole lot about the conversations that morning that we don't know yet.
Karen could be a high strung mother who jumps to conclusions, for all we know. And Clint could have said something that made her think immediately of a kidnapping. Some mothers are just paranoid... I always think of the worst scenario and usually am wrong.

The reasons all these statements are jumbled up and not making sense is that we only hear parts of them and they're not in context. Even in interviews with the family, parts of them are often edited out so we don't get everything that is said or in the order it's said sometimes.

BBM - I agree.

Also, if you remember in one of the video interviews of Karen Bobo, she stated (and I’m paraphrasing here) that if we (the public) knew all of the facts, we would not be pointing the finger at Clint.

Maybe the flurry of phone calls on that morning actually had something to do with a perceived threat.
:twocents:

BBM:
I do. But it's not a 'popular' opinion. It's just a composite, based on experience with a lot of missing person cases.

Oriah,

I know you are involved in SAR, and you have a great deal of experience with these types of cases. Your opinion, popular or not, would be greatly appreciated. For me, Clint's silence in the beginning of this case was a catalyst for much of the speculation surrounding this case. It has been like pulling teeth to get any kind of cohesive explanation for the events of that day.

Seems to me it should have been one witness, one story, one time. Why in the world would they keep him hidden and silent for 3 months?:confused::sigh:

BBM - I agree.

Also, if you remember in one of the video interviews of Karen Bobo, she stated (and I’m paraphrasing here) that if we (the public) knew all of the facts, we would not be pointing the finger at Clint.

Maybe the flurry of phone calls on that morning actually had something to do with a perceived threat.
:twocents:

Yes, Whitney Duncan also stated (or tweeted) that no one would blame Clint or suspect him of anything if they knew the whole story.

I have never suspected Clint (or Holly's parents) of any involvement in Holly's disappearance, but I sure would love to know the whole story.

Huh?
So Whitney knows the whole story, and Mom knows the whole story, where is the mystery to this case then?

How can they say they know the WHOLE story? If they do, then that implies they either know who the perp is, or the other story option I have been discouraged from stating here.

I will say that actions speak louder than words. And from the actions I've seen from them, I am not thinking the worst has happened to Holly, if local accounts are reliable.

Huh?
So Whitney knows the whole story, and Mom knows the whole story, where is the mystery to this case then?

How can they say they know the WHOLE story? If they do, then that implies they either know who the perp is, or the other story option I have been discouraged from stating here.

I will say that actions speak louder than words. And from the actions I've seen from them, I am not thinking the worst has happened to Holly, if local accounts are reliable.

Hey, Houndstooth! What local accounts you are referring to?

I was just wondering if LE had Clint do an actual reenactment by physically showing them what he did that morning? In the Baby Lisa case it showed a detective crawling through the window that had the damaged screen. Saying what he did is one thing but I would think "showing" LE would give them a better picture if his actions were plausible.

Yes, Whitney Duncan also stated (or tweeted) that no one would blame Clint or suspect him of anything if they knew the whole story.

I have never suspected Clint (or Holly's parents) of any involvement in Holly's disappearance, but I sure would love to know the whole story.
----

Whole story?

Heck, we're still waiting to hear what is the carport and what is the garage.

Perhaps some intrepid reporter could clarify that for the masses?

Ah yes, remember the days when a local reporter would do an on location from the last place the person was seen?

I've not seen that intrepid reporter standing next to a carport or garage and then walking towards the woods as he relays the gist of what is known about the case!

However, I did go back and watch the 'helicopter' flyover of the home. There is no attached carport or garage as I had imagined.
There is a freestanding covered garage possibly a two-car size, that sits what appeared to be 60-75 feet from the back door of the home. Past a yard area containing a round pool.

Now then, I could fit "not recognising" someone from that distance, as in the person in camo. But, not being unable to recognise H. So, I didn't understand him not calling her phone and asking? Or just walking out the back door and checking the 'turkey' out if he's an avid hunter.

If she wasn't being coerced in any way as he later claimed, I don't know what raised alarm bells at all, really. Or what prompted the call to Mom. That is where the 'WHOLE' story goes south for me.

Because it is that call that is necessary to establish there is a problem. Otherwise it is still no big deal. And Mom just so happens to have the key to this not being Drew that causes fainting spells, apparently. And over at the TTC where just her merely being late for a test can cause the same reaction.

The person could have been anybody showing her what they bagged or someone claiming to need help (she was studying to be a nurse). I noticed on the flyover a double rut road leading off to the left and some fairly sparse woods on the right.

Would a car or truck have been parked down that road? Or was it just a one way drive to the pond or lake? It's hard to tell from the available footage.

At this point, I would think the natural reaction whether I thought anything was amiss or not would be to open up the back door and holler, "Holly, where ya going?" Just to satisfy my curiosity. But, he calls his Mom to ask her who it is? How would she know?

He doesn't say he tried calling Holly on her cellphone then. But, at some unspecified time after calling Mom. And waiting for a secretary to track her down.
Then calling her's and Drew's before dialing 911.

In an earlier media report, it stated two 911 calls. One from the home. Meaning landline? Because a cellphone doesn't register location.

Then the other was unspecified location. When shouldn't the 911 address have registered Scott Hills Elementary School? Not a cellphone? I know she stated she called from a friends phone while en route, but was that the first time she called, from someone else's cellphone? If so, why wait?

Yet police cruiser was on the scene before Clint finished dialing, in his statements.

I don't know how they were able to arrive at the scene so soon.
They must have been psychic like the Mom.

If the 911 calls and times had been released, I think we would either be more confused than ever, or understand more of the dynamics at play here.

If she wasn't being coerced in any way as he later claimed, I don't know what raised alarm bells at all, really. Or what prompted the call to Mom. That is where the 'WHOLE' story goes south for me.

Because it is that call that is necessary to establish there is a problem. Otherwise it is still no big deal.

If the 911 calls and times had been released, I think we would either be more confused than ever, or understand more of the dynamics at play here.

Edited for comment by RUK:

"Because it is the call that is necessary to establish there is a problem"

I think it was the:scream:that actually set things in motion.
Neighbor calls school about scream--that is what signals a problem.

....and I soooooo agree--"release the 911 tapes"--it could ONLY help, we can't be any more confused than we already are.

I can't decide what classification this would fall under.... oversimplifying or undercomplicating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rix17