TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup FBI was involved at the beginning. Natalee Holloway's mom and John Walsh also contacted the Bobos.

Really? John Walsh?
Do you think they cooperated and will do an upcoming episode in the new series? He has a new version coming out or maybe has started already.
I don't watch TV so am not sure.

They named numerious famalies that have lost someone that were trying to help out..

Does anyone know if where all these girls have disappeared from .Does this state have the DP..

I have been thinking about this alot latly mind you i don't think these particular set of girls are at all connected but Its almost become the norm now for anyone that commits a crime even a serial killer no longer do they just comitt a murder but its now part of the plan to take the body and hide it because they know if they get caught thats thier ticket to getting out of the DP . We see this happening in everycase now you don't just hear of someone being murdered as much anymore its allways a disappearance and that is how the out come is ..I just think thats become a real tactic for any of these people that comitt a crime now . Its hard to do maybe impossible but its gonna take some strong familly that says enough is enough we cant let this keep happening and not agree to that plea of taking the DP off the table for where he/she has hid the body . Sorry thats just a thought i have been thinking about alot i see it happen so many times and i think its why every one of these cases has been a disappearance instead of someone being a murder its in the killers mind before hand now that they need to hide the body in case they get caught so they can use it like an ace in thier back pocket at a poker game...

They named numerious famalies that have lost someone that were trying to help out..

Does anyone know if where all these girls have disappeared from .Does this state have the DP..

I have been thinking about this alot latly mind you i don't think these particular set of girls are at all connected but Its almost become the norm now for anyone that commits a crime even a serial killer no longer do they just comitt a murder but its now part of the plan to take the body and hide it because they know if they get caught thats thier ticket to getting out of the DP . We see this happening in everycase now you don't just hear of someone being murdered as much anymore its allways a disappearance and that is how the out come is ..I just think thats become a real tactic for any of these people that comitt a crime now . Its hard to do maybe impossible but its gonna take some strong familly that says enough is enough we cant let this keep happening and not agree to that plea of taking the DP off the table for where he/she has hid the body . Sorry thats just a thought i have been thinking about alot i see it happen so many times and i think its why every one of these cases has been a disappearance instead of someone being a murder its in the killers mind before hand now that they need to hide the body in case they get caught so they can use it like an ace in thier back pocket at a poker game...
The state of TN does have the death penalty, with 86 prisoners currently on death row. Of those 86, 40 of them were convicted in west TN.
IMO killers do not hide bodies to be used to negotiate a better sentence later, 99% of crimes are committed in the mindset that the criminal will not be caught. The "plan" is to commit the crime AND get away with it, every action they take should be looked at from that point of view.
I think the bottom line there is that it is hard to prove John Doe murdered Jane Doe if you cannot first prove Jane Doe was murdered. Also, the CSI effect plays a role in this because of forensic advancements over the last couple of decades.
Also, a victim's family cannot seek the death penalty or negotiate using it, it is completely up to the prosecution.

I just am not seeing any connection in any of these cases...the timing was too exact in almost all of them and it seems impossible to me that the same person was in the right place when each of these women were vulnerable. I do think that in the cases of Holly, Katelyn and possibly even Lauren, that a stranger was involved, but different strangers in each case, if at all. I don't believe strangers are involved in the cases of Shelly Mook or Gail Palmgren, and am up in the air about the newer case of Karen S. in TN but am doubtful about a stranger there either. Just waiting for one of these "media" folks to add Baby Lisa and Haleigh C. to the list, being that they too are blonds...JMO

I just am not seeing any connection in any of these cases...the timing was too exact in almost all of them and it seems impossible to me that the same person was in the right place when each of these women were vulnerable. I do think that in the cases of Holly, Katelyn and possibly even Lauren, that a stranger was involved, but different strangers in each case, if at all. I don't believe strangers are involved in the cases of Shelly Mook or Gail Palmgren, and am up in the air about the newer case of Karen S. in TN but am doubtful about a stranger there either. Just waiting for one of these "media" folks to add Baby Lisa and Haleigh C. to the list, being that they too are blonds...JMO

I agree 100%.
As an interesting aside, checkout this post:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011

and
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011
an overhead photo of Swift property that looks eerily like the Bobo's.

IMO it just goes to show you can always find meaningless similarities.

I'm not seeing a connection, either. All this does is raise some panic alarm and have people going "omg! a serial killer!" because... is that what he is suspecting/trying to imply? I, too, appreciate attention for the case, but I don't see how forcing connections between unrelated cases based on loose, loose speculation is supposed to help anything.

Bottom photo.
Is that not a freestanding garage depicted?

How many carports, attached garages, enclosed remodelled garages, and freestanding garages does this property have? Seriously.

Oops. The photo didn't follow me here. Sorry. It was several pages back.

if you are referring to the photos I posted I explain the tractor shed looking building out back is NOT the car port or garage.

Garages typically are not free standing. The house has aparently one remodeled garage. There were originally two large garage doors on the front of the house at the top of the driveway. You can clearly see on ground level photos these are now no longer doors and do not open (they have windows in them). I assume when they made the garage into enclosed space they built the car port on the back of the house at the back end of what used to be the garage.

Okay there is another odd detail that has bothered me for a bit. It is in one of the recent (Jackson sun??) articles. I don't have the article handy. But basically one of Holly's class mates was saying she was upset that Holly was not in class and she knew something bad had to have happened since Holly was not present for the exams. Now, the odd part is the girl said she talked to the teacher and the teacher knew something bad had already happened and Holly was gone. How would the teacher know ? This all was probably around 9 AM and the teacher wouldnt have been watching TV news etc.

Okay there is another odd detail that has bothered me for a bit. It is in one of the recent (Jackson sun??) articles. I don't have the article handy. But basically one of Holly's class mates was saying she was upset that Holly was not in class and she knew something bad had to have happened since Holly was not present for the exams. Now, the odd part is the girl said she talked to the teacher and the teacher knew something bad had already happened and Holly was gone. How would the teacher know ? This all was probably around 9 AM and the teacher wouldnt have been watching TV news etc.

I can't recall the phrasing but I was under the impression that the teacher had the same "bad feeling" as the friend of Holly's...i.e. not based on knowledge but on the fact that Holly was not there. JMO

I was thinking that maybe Karen called the teacher at school to see if Holly had made it to school.

if you are referring to the photos I posted I explain the tractor shed looking building out back is NOT the car port or garage.

Garages typically are not free standing. The house has aparently one remodeled garage. There were originally two large garage doors on the front of the house at the top of the driveway. You can clearly see on ground level photos these are now no longer doors and do not open (they have windows in them). I assume when they made the garage into enclosed space they built the car port on the back of the house at the back end of what used to be the garage.

No they may not be typical, but there are free standing garages and this one his two garage type openings. I don't know why you say it is a tractor shed type building.
As for the enclosed garage in front, I have seen an interview done from that room and it has double patio doors where the garage door was, not windows. (As seen from a channel 3 home interview that infuriatingly does not have him show where he was or where she was at the time of the events).

Yes, I am also aware that CB said it was in the "attached garage", not the building out back. But, I was just noting it's obvious presence.

The state of TN does have the death penalty, with 86 prisoners currently on death row. Of those 86, 40 of them were convicted in west TN.
IMO killers do not hide bodies to be used to negotiate a better sentence later, 99% of crimes are committed in the mindset that the criminal will not be caught. The "plan" is to commit the crime AND get away with it, every action they take should be looked at from that point of view.
I think the bottom line there is that it is hard to prove John Doe murdered Jane Doe if you cannot first prove Jane Doe was murdered. Also, the CSI effect plays a role in this because of forensic advancements over the last couple of decades.
Also, a victim's family cannot seek the death penalty or negotiate using it, it is completely up to the prosecution.

Im not saying they do it because they wanna get caught in fact its the oppisite . What iam sayin is that by taking the person they get a few things that normally they wouldn't get if they say went in to a house and murdered someone and left the body . By taking the body they are eliminating a lot of evidence exspecially if he/she isn't recoverd fast its like cayle anthony casey left her there to decompose because when that happend any evidence would be gone .So Im not saying they kill someone then think oh i should take her and barry her because if im caught i have a bargining chip to get out of the DP im saying thats just the new way these killers are doing it thats why theres so many disappearances .It happens every time that when they get caught they use that to thier advantage to get out of the DP and yes it is the prosecutions ultimate decission but they allways ask the familly what they want .do you want him on death row and not know where your child is or do you want me to make the deal for life in prison as long as he tells us where to find the person . and thats how they get out of the Dp. And your right about the CSI affect but thats more reason for them to again kidnap them and then dispose of them in stead of just murdering them the CSI affect tells them one that if the body fully decomposes its gonna be ten times harder to prove how they died and if by some chance they do get caught they use it as leverage to not get the DP by telling them where he or she is burried ...and like i said yes the prosecutor has the last decission but he will allways ask the familly if they wanna make that deal so they can give thier loved on a propper bariel...

Really? John Walsh?
Do you think they cooperated and will do an upcoming episode in the new series? He has a new version coming out or maybe has started already.
I don't watch TV so am not sure.

I doubt it. He suggested Clint take a poly.....so....

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4659531/john-walsh-on-st-louis-jailbreak-holly-bobo-case/

Holly Bobo: John Walsh says, brother should take polygraph

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...john-walsh-says-brother-should-take-polygraph

Wow, examiner. What's a 'predictor'?

Predator. I linked the original video by Fox News and you can listen to his exact words.

Thank goodness I found the Fox News and linked it. I knew I'd get a comment about linking examiner. :floorlaugh:

No they may not be typical, but there are free standing garages and this one his two garage type openings. I don't know why you say it is a tractor shed type building.
As for the enclosed garage in front, I have seen an interview done from that room and it has double patio doors where the garage door was, not windows. (As seen from a channel 3 home interview that infuriatingly does not have him show where he was or where she was at the time of the events).

Yes, I am also aware that CB said it was in the "attached garage", not the building out back. But, I was just noting it's obvious presence.

There are not double patio doors on the Bobo garage where the original doors were. I thought I had posted a photo taken at the top of the driveway showing where the doors used to open some months ago. I don't still have that photo. If there are patio doors they are on the back by the carport. I have sort of surmised there are some sort of back doors/door there.

This is the best photo I had on hand and it shows the end/side of the garage with one large window and you can see the front window (behind the tree)

110414_bobo-home.jpg

I had made this sketch of the house too, at that time, based on various news photos.

Bobohouse.jpg

#1 is the car port (not sure if it is open or not on the side) #2 is the old garage . Off to the left is the two stall little lean to looking shed. Perhaps they keep a mower or ATV there? Is that what you call a two car garage? There are some aerial photos that show dark items back up in the stalls. its a fairly small building. There are photos showing cars parked at the car port behind the house. Im not sure that out building is really of any relevance.

This is one of my fav photos

House1edited.jpg

It shows a white car parked by the car port and you can see the flat roof over the patio area.

Can I just say, Fox News~Examiner, six of one, half a dozen of the other?
I am waaaay out of the loop these days on their "news" stories.
If someone told me about that jailbreak story, I'd think cartoon, too.
How in the world do two inmates "gain access to a window", break it and happen to
have 8 or 10 bedsheets tied together to make their escape?
I found that story just preposterous. No wonder they stumbled over it and gave such
sketchy details. Why would the perp have a mugshot photo looking down where you could only see part of his face. I think they'd make you take it over if that happened, right?
Well, it gets better. These two inmates were in the infirmary see, and were making a lot of racket moving the bed around and all. So a guard says to pipe down in there! They innocently say, "We were just exercising." They climb the bed up into the ceiling (no mention how that helped them get up that high), and take black bedsheets tied together with them. They break out (no mention using what), the shatterproof double glass, and scale down the FRONT of the Detention Center at around 5:30ish in the morning.
White was found just up the street at about 4pm that afternoon in a white Cadillac at a Phillips 66 station wearing a "Bruce Lee wig".

Collins was found a couple days later entering a home they had staked out when he realised the cops were closing in he ran through a plate glass window. Miraculously though he had no apparent injuries but was taken back to the infirmary to be checked out.
The whole thing sounds like a crock to me.

Just seeing that story as a lead in to the HB case made me shake my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro