TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they have also said they go around the woods and Karen is the one that got the paraglider people to search.

I never heard them say they go around woods but I'll take your word for it.

The paragliders was 3 months ago and honestly, I've never heard of paraglider search in all the years of following cases. This was the first for me.

I don't get what the big deal is not calling a professional SAR organization.

respectfully snipped

I have the "Final hours with Holly: Family, friends, police reconstruct time before Holly Bobo's abduction" article if anyone wants it.

Thanks Karen. Glad you have it on hand in case we need to refer back to it. I just find it bizarre that they removed that one and not the other where the family (Clint) is blaming LE for potential contamination of the crime scene.

The disappeared one puts Clint with a weapon but neglected to go after his sister's abductor (timeline article) to a hero telling people not to go into the woods (still available).

Fascinating.

they have also said they go around the woods and Karen is the one that got the paraglider people to search.

I just don't know what to think Carla. Maybe because Dana and the LE think that it is someone local they aren't concerned about keeping her name in the media. Even when you say they are looking in the woods everyday I still get the feeling that that is a way they keep themselves busy and feeling like they are doing something while they wait for the big 'reveal'. Have the parents tried to organize any searches with their friends or church lately? I do not want to come across as callus. This might be there way of dealing with her abduction. But it is so unlike what I would do, the only way I can rationalize it is to conclude that they know something. And that something has to do with waiting.

The paragliders was 3 months ago and honestly, I've never heard of paraglider search in all the years of following cases. This was the first for me.

I don't get what the big deal is not calling a professional SAR organization.

There could be a lot of reasons various things do or don't get done. One is money... Whether they have the $$$ or not I don't know. Perhaps an agency was contacted but was busy? etc. Theres a big name SAR group I personally do not hold in high regard based on stuff they did here in Florida. I wouldn't hire them to look for aluminum cans. We know already that neighbors may be resistant to searching on foot hence the use of the gliders. You could hire a fancy expensive professional outfit but if they can't search where they want to its moot. Perhaps also local LE has squashed that idea. I sorta feel that may be the case. There are indications that is what has happened. I forget which family member had commented about searching in the woods. It was in the context that the family did not eat until late because Dana? etc went out looking after he got home from his day at work.

I just don't know what to think Carla. Maybe because Dana and the LE think that it is someone local they aren't concerned about keeping her name in the media. Even when you say they are looking in the woods everyday I still get the feeling that that is a way they keep themselves busy and feeling like they are doing something while they wait for the big 'reveal'. Have the parents tried to organize any searches with their friends or church lately? I do not want to come across as callus. This might be there way of dealing with her abduction. But it is so unlike what I would do, the only way I can rationalize it is to conclude that they know something. And that something has to do with waiting.

I don't really feel the same thing myself. And after 7 months I do not think further searches are going to provide any info. Anything that was going to be found was found by Easter. I assume anything else that is found will be found by chance or accident and perhaps not even in an area where anyone would think to look anyway.

And again we do not know what the family was told to do or not do by local LE

Thanks Karen. Glad you have it on hand in case we need to refer back to it. I just find it bizarre that they removed that one and not the other where the family (Clint) is blaming LE for potential contamination of the crime scene.

The disappeared one puts Clint with a weapon but neglected to go after his sister's abductor (timeline article) to a hero telling people not to go into the woods (still available).

Fascinating.

Well I still want to know why this episode was yanked from the Nancy Grace show. Nancy hinted at all kinds of new details (that have NEVER been stated since then or confirmed).

I heard the promos for it over the weekend before it was supposed to air, but then that Monday it was not on and they had something different.

Missing Nurse Holly Bobo: Sources Say Cell Pinged After Abduction
Nancy Grace - April 22, 2011 Posted: 08:22 PM ET
This story has been removed from Nancy Grace site on which it originated
nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/...os-cell-pinged-after-abduction - Preview
HollyBobo HB-NewsArticlesVideos HB-RefInfoApr2011
Sources say nursing co-ed Holly Bobo's cell phone pinged soon after her abduction within one mile of her home! Her boyfriend allegedly claims he got a text from her phone that same morning sounding fine.

http://www.diigo.com/list/casesignal/holly-bobo-_-nancy-grace-transcripts-videos

IMO, putting up flyers isn't considered searching and doesn't take someone to quit school to do so. Dad didn't quit his job. Why did Clint quit school? He could've put up flyers after school, weekends. What about his buddies? Are they helping him?

How about the community? Selling tshirts, cookies? How is that going? Did they gather enough money yet to do a REAL search?

Let's pray.

I agree, no one needs to quit there job or school to pass out flyers everyday. Where and how are they searching? So they get up everyday and get in their car to drive around in the hopes of possibly spotting her? There is only so many times you can do this before it gets old. What about the money that they have collected so far? What is that being used on? I know at first that they said it was going to be used to send Holly on a vacation or something like that when she was found, but now that it's been months one would think that they would use the 30K for other means like possibly hiring someone to try and locate her. I personally 100% believe that this case will be solved and within the next 4 months or so.

Well I still want to know why this episode was yanked from the Nancy Grace show. Nancy hinted at all kinds of new details (that have NEVER been stated since then or confirmed).

I heard the promos for it over the weekend before it was supposed to air, but then that Monday it was not on and they had something different.

Sources say nursing co-ed Holly Bobo's cell phone pinged soon after her abduction within one mile of her home! Her boyfriend allegedly claims he got a text from her phone that same morning sounding fine.

http://www.diigo.com/list/casesignal/holly-bobo-_-nancy-grace-transcripts-videos

Also the video of TBI or Sheriff "Demostrating" CB's description of the suspect "holding" holly's arm in an atempt to creal up the initial dragged report???

A;though I don't hold out much hope that anything will happen, I am interested to see how the 8 to 9 month time frame turns out...from the point of view that it is possible that HB leaves on her own accord because she is pregnant by someone not her BF and possibly that her family would not approve of. I would thing if something like this was the case, which IMO is unlikely but possible, it would be 1 to 2 months before she knew her condition...so within the next month or so would be about right.

That may be true but you could figure this out fairly easily if you were local. With what, 2000-3000 people here you could find out Holly's mom was a teacher and went to work every morning, her dad went off to the tree company, etc. I don't think the person who did this spent months planning it. Some prep yes. I do not necessarily think this is a serial killer but more like one of the infatuation type assaults.

My opinions only, no facts here:

Yes, that is exactly my point. It was someone intimate with her schedule. This does not require a large amount of time, but it requires areal or social association. A serial killer typically does not gain knowledge through association. Think about Ted Bundy. He would get a crutch, go to a parking lot, and pretend to need help. He knew nothing about the victim, all of his research went into the MO.

There could be a lot of reasons various things do or don't get done. One is money... Whether they have the $$$ or not I don't know. Perhaps an agency was contacted but was busy? etc. Theres a big name SAR group I personally do not hold in high regard based on stuff they did here in Florida. I wouldn't hire them to look for aluminum cans. We know already that neighbors may be resistant to searching on foot hence the use of the gliders. You could hire a fancy expensive professional outfit but if they can't search where they want to its moot. Perhaps also local LE has squashed that idea. I sorta feel that may be the case. There are indications that is what has happened. I forget which family member had commented about searching in the woods. It was in the context that the family did not eat until late because Dana? etc went out looking after he got home from his day at work.

Considering LE is apparently not doing much or saying much, I would think the family would take it upon themselves to get something going. TES is a good reputable organization and I realize some have doubts about them for whatever reason but they were just down in Florida helping with Michelle Parker's disappearance and she only went missing Sunday (??). Amber Dubois mom Carrie helped find Michelle Le's remains. Marc Klaas has offered his help to Sky Metalwala's family and so on and so on.

Again, the family has got to want the help. Will LE ever give the ok? Probably not because it may interfere with their investigation but 7 months and they still have nothing? Apparently no answers to give the family. Holly is still missing.

I don't get it. As much as I think hoping and praying helps, that alone won't help find Holly.

She may not be in the woods anymore and she may have been taken out of State but as a parent I would leave no stone unturned until she was found.

Interesting isn't it considering there was no mention of texts in the Jackson Sun but just a flurry of phone calls. So this NG is no longer available and the article in JS is also not available.

Did the Bobos hire a lawyer? I wonder.

Also the video of TBI or Sheriff "Demostrating" CB's description of the suspect "holding" holly's arm in an atempt to creal up the initial dragged report???

Wow. Something's up, I think

Have you never seen nancy do this before cause i have countless times she will put on her hln website the info on the upcoming show and then when u tune in something else has come up and she thinks its more important I cant even tell ya how many times i have seen a show about a certin topic listed on the website for HLN and upcoming show and then you watch it and its nothing about what she had on her website. She also does it sometimes she will change the show topic and try to get to it in the last 15 minutes and say we have ran out of time to get in the info about the such and such case..It really is fairly common on her show ,,,

I don't get what the big deal is not calling a professional SAR organization.[/quote]

BBM: I'm not sure why people are so convinced they, or LE, hasn't? :waitasec:

I don't get what the big deal is not calling a professional SAR organization.[/quote]

I think your right in the regard that we do not really know which, or if any, SAR efforts have or will be going on. But I think that many people have gleaned the idea that there is not a concentrated SAR effort for several reasons, I will try to name a few. The first is there have been no reports out of the local area about SAR efforts since around Easter. No organized LE searching has happened in 6-7 months and last week or so when there was a reported LE presence in the county, people immediately assumed it was related to HB. It was also said this was the heaviest LE presence in the area since HB went missing. The TBI has continually said that they are focused on the community and do not have any reason to search the area right now, but may do so if they need to in the future.
Another reason is the paragliders and when they were brought in, it was all over the local news. If an organized search effort is happening in that community, people will immediately assume it is HB related and take to social media to let everyone and their mom know about it.
Last, but certainly not least, was when there was suppose to be a B-Day benefit for HB and the proceeds would go towards SAR efforts. The Facebook person who was trying to organize it apparently does know the Bobo's, even if distantly, and made it clear what the proceeds would be used for. KB herself supposedly shot down the idea of this benefit because it was not organized with the family's consent. If people who are trying to help in any way they can are in contact with the Bobo's, at least enough to try and organize a fundraiser for SAR efforts, one could easily make the assumption there is not a professional SAR effort. IMO if there was a SAR effort going on, we would all know about it because news travels very fast in that neck of the woods and we would probabyl know exactly where it was happening for the very same reasons as above.

I think your right in the regard that we do not really know which, or if any, SAR efforts have or will be going on. But I think that many people have gleaned the idea that there is not a concentrated SAR effort for several reasons, I will try to name a few. The first is there have been no reports out of the local area about SAR efforts since around Easter. No organized LE searching has happened in 6-7 months and last week or so when there was a reported LE presence in the county, people immediately assumed it was related to HB. It was also said this was the heaviest LE presence in the area since HB went missing. The TBI has continually said that they are focused on the community and do not have any reason to search the area right now, but may do so if they need to in the future.
Another reason is the paragliders and when they were brought in, it was all over the local news. If an organized search effort is happening in that community, people will immediately assume it is HB related and take to social media to let everyone and their mom know about it.
Last, but certainly not least, was when there was suppose to be a B-Day benefit for HB and the proceeds would go towards SAR efforts. The Facebook person who was trying to organize it apparently does know the Bobo's, even if distantly, and made it clear what the proceeds would be used for. KB herself supposedly shot down the idea of this benefit because it was not organized with the family's consent. If people who are trying to help in any way they can are in contact with the Bobo's, at least enough to try and organize a fundraiser for SAR efforts, one could easily make the assumption there is not a professional SAR effort. IMO if there was a SAR effort going on, we would all know about it because news travels very fast in that neck of the woods and we would probabyl know exactly where it was happening for the very same reasons as above.

Hmm. I don't know about that.
But we're all entitled to our opinion, of course!

Because I truly believe we would have heard about it if there was a major search for Holly Bobo going on. We heard about the truck campaign. Karen told the public about the paragliders. We heard about her cousin going on Survivor. I guess the media thought that was important to report for some reason. I would sure as heck hope they would report an organized search for Holly.

The fact that the family is discouraged by the lack of information from LE leads me to believe they haven't been searching and are just awaiting news.

[/B]

Hmm. I don't know about that.
But we're all entitled to our opinion, of course!
I would not make that statement in general about search efforts, but it has already happened in this case several times. Whether or not what was being put across social media was accurate is debatable, but it has been happening since April and happened again when there was an LE presence in the community a week or two ago. Also, think back to many of the rumors from early on in this case, if the local people were not using social media to discuss this case, then how did all those rumors spread so quickly? There was so much chatter early on in the case about what was going on, but I guess that is the downside to having such a large scale volunteer search effort. If you searched around the internet, you could find people chatting about LE's movements, the general area of where they were gathered, when/where roadblocks were setup, etc...
One thing I do find curious about the early LE SAR efforts is that it seems they were mainly focused on the immediate area of the Bobo home, especially all the small ponds/lakes. The search efforts seemingly stopped a little after Easter and we started getting quotes from the TBI (one clue away and no reason to believe HB is not in west TN). The only assumption I can really make is that LE knew where camo man exited the forest at, determined he had a vehicle to get away and figured if HB was in those woods/water, that's as far as she could of been, hence the reason for no more local searches. The problem is that does not line up well with the statement about her being in TN still. If the TBI has no reason to believe she was taken out of state, then what reason DO they have she is still in west TN. Add into that saying the abductor is a local, it really does make you scratch your head at this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro