TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard of an sexual assault taking place at the location (outside and daylight) and then the victim being taken and never seen again, in this way...if the intent was sexual assault, why do it right there, if he intended to take her anyway? That seems very odd...JMO

Sadly, I think it is more common than we would like to think.

The Bobo property is very private. It was early morning, there has been discussion as to whether or not the abductor knew Clint was home... and unfortunately sexual assaults take place at all times of the day and night- in both public and private places. :(

I hope this is not the case, but I have not been able to shake my gut on this scenario since day 1.

How in the world does anyone see silhouettes in a carport? A carport is open. It appears the kitchen window shares a wall with the carport. He would have a very good view if he were observing them in the carport.

This story of Clints seems to be taken from a different vantage point than the home.

How in the world does anyone see silhouettes in a carport? A carport is open. It appears the kitchen window shares a wall with the carport. He would have a very good view if he were observing them in the carport.

This story of Clints seems to be taken from a different vantage point than the home.

they were in the garage not the carport. the carport is open and outside. the garage is enclosed and "inside"

they were in the garage not the carport. the carport is open and outside. the garage is enclosed and "inside"

Has this been confirmed as fact, or is it still speculation?

I understood that the garage had been enclosed and remodeled into a family room, so technically it would be part of the house (and I doubt they would still refer to it as a garage.) Does it have a door to the outside? If not, why would he be in the family room? If they were that close when Drew saw them, and he thought it was the boyfriend, why didn't he approach them? Why would they be kneeling down in this family room? If Drew thought the guy was showing her a turkey he shot, does it make sense that the guy would bring it in the house?? Karen would have had a hissy fit!

I'm going to go with the theory that it was the carport he saw them in, not this garage/family room.

I understood that the garage had been enclosed and remodeled into a family room, so technically it would be part of the house (and I doubt they would still refer to it as a garage.) Does it have a door to the outside? If not, why would he be in the family room? If they were that close when Drew saw them, and he thought it was the boyfriend, why didn't he approach them? Why would they be kneeling down in this family room? If Drew thought the guy was showing her a turkey he shot, does it make sense that the guy would bring it in the house?? Karen would have had a hissy fit!

I'm going to go with the theory that it was the carport he saw them in, not this garage/family room.
The only clarification comes from the JVM interview and whichever structure CB is referring to IS attached to the house.
C. BOBO: No, I saw them from inside the house and they were outside the house in the garage.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: They were in the garage or outside the garage?
C. BOBO: They were inside the garage.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok, now, ok, is the garage attached to the house or is it a separate, detached garage?
C. BOBO: It`s attached to the house.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: It is attached to the house.
C. BOBO: Right.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: But you called your mom in between when you saw them in the garage and when they walked out into the woods? Why did you do that?
C. BOBO: I spoke with mom -- I spoke with mom initially to find out who the people -- I heard two voices outside our house and I called mom to try to find out who these people were outside our house. But I had no idea who they were.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html

Years ago my aunt's house had a screened in porch when they moved into the house. After a few years they enclosed the porch into a very nice family room. Until the day my aunt died she called it the porch.

Clint said and clarified that he saw them in the Garage and the Garage was attached to the house (as opposed to looking out a window and seeing something happen out back). Since Clint said that and clarified his description in live TV I would not assume he meant car port when he said garage several times.

We do not know the exact inside layout of the house. If their house is like most houses with an enclosed garage turned into living space there is a door inside the house leading to that room and in the Bobo house there seems to be a back door off the garage leading to the car port. There is a little deck area in the back of the house and it makes sense to have a door there because of the carport, deck, pool, etc.

I

I posted this stuff before but it might be useful again...

I believe this photo of Holly was taken behind her house on the small deck area. By comparing this photos to other photos of the back of the house that show some landscaping and other details (none are super clear) I think the wooden wall or divider behind Holly blocks off one side of the carport or at least the carport is behind this.

HollyBobowooddeck.jpg

This is NOT Holly's house but I imagine the back of the Bobo house looks somewhat like this in that there is an open air but covered carport. I think there is a wood wall or divider on the left side of the Bobo carport (see above photo)

carport2.jpg

I had drawn this layout based on aerial photos of the house and filled in what I think is a possible interior arrangement based on houses and garages in general.

Bobofloorplan.jpg

1) carport
2) door from "garage" to carport. There may be a second door directly above this, off the kitchen, leading to the small deck area.
3) front door to the house
4) second door to the house that does not seem to be a main door based on photos
5) above ground pool
6) driveway to Swan Johnson road. You can see where it curves into what would have been the old garage doors now removed.
7) the old garage. i do not know exactly how the inside of the house is arranged but typically the garage would still be separated from the house
8) kitchen? area with window? This makes sense as the kitchen windows do not seem to be in the front of the house. And if Clint saw Holly and the Suspect in the house and then looked out a window and saw them walking northish (toward the top of my drawing) this is a logical place for him to have looked out. You can not see over the pool either.
9) just some inside space since we dont know what the house is like inside. the dashed lines could be walls. I assume the garage is still separated on the inside of the house from the living area.

I forget what A, B and C mean right now.

This is the Bobo house...

housefromhelicopternorth.jpg

You can see the covered deck area in back where I think the photo of Holly was taken. The shed structure away from the house is NOT the carport. The carport seems to be the pitched roof area extending off the back of the house on the extreme left. Note two standing people by the pool edge. There is a white news truck at the top of the driveway. The family seems to park behind the house. Trees block the view here but there is an unpaved drive going around the north end, around the pool, to the carport.

I'm not sure why BW is convinced this might be the guy. Is it because he's missing?

His prior offense was Sexual Abuse 1st Degree (19 counts), Victim less than 14

:waitasec:

I'm not sure why BW is convinced this might be the guy. Is it because he's missing?

His prior offense was Sexual Abuse 1st Degree (19 counts), Victim less than 14

:waitasec:

Didn't do his homework, maybe?

It sounds like Bill Warner is convinced James Gunterman might be involved in all the 5 cases including Holly's.

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...er-kate-markham-and-paige-johnson-connection/
IMO this guy is just trying to get some publicity. He provides NOTHING to connect these cases except to say all the missing women he highlights are blonde and there is a SO who has not been seen in a couple years who has lived in the general region of the highlighted missing women. This is very dangerous IMO and honestly, I believe this guy is discrediting himself every time he speaks. In his interview the other day, he roughly states that because LE has not solved any of these cases and there is little public info available, that there is a good chance they are connected. Also, writing in complete and coherent sentences is always helpful when trying to communicate a point, his blog is difficult to read.
When you take a hard look at these cases individually, the chances of a connection between two of them is .0000000001%, let alone connecting all five. This guy is trying to connect all five by using a random Sex offender who has no apparent connections to these women. Let's do a quick breakdown to see where a connection could be made, I will focus more on what is known about how and when they disappeared.
Holly Bobo- Was supposedly last seen by her brother walking away from her home with camo man toward the woods at aprox 8AM.
Lauren Spierer- Was supposedly last seen leaving a friend's apartment at 430AM walking back to her apartment with no keys, shoes or phone.
Karen Swift- Was last seen putting her daughter to bed at home around 130AM, her vehicle was later found 1/2 a mile from their home with a flat tire. Somebody tried to use the internet on her phone around 5 AM that morning.
Katelyn Markham- Was last seen at her home around midnight by her boyfriend, she also sent him a picture text later that night. She has not been seen since and her purse, car and keys were home, her cellphone was the only thing missing with her.
Paige Johnson- Was last seen in the late hours of the night when she was driving with a male friend who claims that he dropped her off about 1/2 mile from where she was going. About two hours after being dropped off, her sister received a facebook message stating that Paige needed to talk to her immediately. Several hours later the male friend she was last with was asking if anybody had seen her on facebook. As time has passed, the male friend's story does not seem to add up, supposedly cell phone pings put him in a different location than where he said he was and also search warrants show there were latex gloves with a substance on them that resembled dried blood in his home, also a witness claims he was scrubbing his vehicle after the police search. Right now he is currently behind bars for a parole violation.

If you notice, all of these disappearances happened at or in very close proximity to where the victim lived, except for Paige Johnson. When you combine this with the idea that EACH of these cases has either a very sketchy story of what happened, or one of the last people to see them have suspect stories/alibis, it really shrinks the chances of a total stranger being responsible for all of the disappearances.
The bottom line is that a stranger would have to be at the right place and time for these cases, have means, motive and opportunity for them all and need the dumb luck for all LE agencies involved to be completely inept, the story to get mangled and cause a lot of confusion and to have a sketchy person in these people's lives that make LE look at them, rather than look for serial abductor possibilities.

I agree Frog. I don't see them as being connected and this guy seems to be interested in little girls and not 20 +

Hope they find him and he's put away for a long time.

Whoah! :waitasec: I have no idea what is going on here. I was told the garage was converted to a family room and no longer functions as a garage.

I have asked this question many many times...and have said they must have been inside but was told "NO"...that there is a carport attached to the house in the back.

Both the remodeled room and the carport are attached to the kitchen. So was the intruder INSIDE the house or OUTSIDE in the carport. A carport doesn't have walls. I was informed that Clint just "speaks" like that when he called it a "garage".

Clint said "outside". Why won't this family speak? They raise lots of money but they don't take to the airwaves to clarify or talk about Holly. Other families have been criticized for not speaking out but it seems the Bobos always get a pass.

Where is Drew and why have we never heard or anyone report anything about him?
Why has he not spoken out about his GF being abducted?
Why didn't Clint go Turkey Hunting with Drew on opening day?
Why was Clint home if not to go hunting?
Why didn't they all hunt on Holly's property like usual
Why did Drew find it necessary to call Holly about his confrontation that morning?
Why did Holly find it necessary to call her mother about Drew's confrontation?

......afterall, the confrontation was resolved right away, why all the panic? Why all the calls? Karen Bobo was sure busy with her cell phone that morning....yet she leaves it behind at the school...

.....:waiting:...on Drew..

Whoah! :waitasec: I have no idea what is going on here. I was told the garage was converted to a family room and no longer functions as a garage.

Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle

respectfully snipped

This is correct. Clint clarified that they were in the room that had been converted from a garage into a room. He said that he still calls it "the garage."

Every time I hear Clint's Interview, I mean I have to wonder if we live on the same plant. I mean, Explain exactly, with exact detail, or don't explain anything. These statements are so frustrating because rather than make clear the events that Clint witnesses, they actually confuse the issue. Garage, Carport, family room.....:banghead:

Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle

respectfully snipped

This is correct. Clint clarified that they were in the room that had been converted from a garage into a room. He said that he still calls it "the garage."

...hmm. This is what I originally believed but everyone corrected me.

This puts the person inside the house, not outdoors. There is no garage door. This means he walked in or was invited inside. The Bobos had stated they never locked their doors or cars prior to this.

Does CB have a learning disability? He was asked specifically if they were outside the house and he said "Outside in the garage"..."I watched them from the kitchen window".

If an intruder, then this was a home invasion; if not, then Holly knew the person...and it was likely Drew. This person was wearing Camo. I did a little research. I bet these guys down there have more than one set of camo. There is camo for turkey hunting....and it is specific, very specific. Clint would be able to identify it easily. He knows exactly what the perp was wearing and it was said turkey camo. If you google it, you will see how identifiable it really is.

<mod snip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member