TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The intial report of home invasion actually makes the most sense to me. It also makes sense to me that it was followed by an abduction.
A person (or persons) clearly abducted Holly from her home- even if it was from an outbuilding or yard of her home. If there was a weapon involved, restraint involved, illegal access to a private property, duress- well, it just makes sense to me. It also makes sense that LE thought Holly might be held somewhere, makes sense that LE would be cautious about going after someone(s) who may be armed and dangerous, makes sense why they waited for back up (and dogs) and why they did not want civilians in the woods at the time. Makes sense why Clint might be terrified, why Karen might freak out (Umm, mom Holly and I think Drew just went into the woods but Drew had a gun to Holly's head? Is this a prank?) Or a gunshot went unnoticed by neighbors because of hunting season, but a scream did not?
I'd like to know if anyone tested for GSR, or if there were any casings found at the woodline, in the carport, in the yard, etc. Maybe Clint was so concerned about 'preserving a crime scene' because a firearm was discharged. And I don't mean a hunting accident. I mean in either the commission of a crime- or in an attempt to stop a home invasion-turned-kidnapping.

ETA: the only thing that does NOT make sense to me, is the extended and complete shutdown of info on the part of local LE.

If a gun had gone off, for example, and it was found not to be Clint's gun...or if he also had been threatened by the abductor...why wouldn't LE have publicly ruled him out so as to prevent so many interpretations of how Clint behaved that day? The last statement I recall from a TBI rep. was to the effect that no one had been ruled out. JMO

I wonder if this home invasion story is what Karen Bobo was referring to when she made the “if everyone knew the whole story…” comment.

The intial report of home invasion actually makes the most sense to me. It also makes sense to me that it was followed by an abduction.
A person (or persons) clearly abducted Holly from her home- even if it was from an outbuilding or yard of her home. If there was a weapon involved, restraint involved, illegal access to a private property, duress- well, it just makes sense to me. It also makes sense that LE thought Holly might be held somewhere, makes sense that LE would be cautious about going after someone(s) who may be armed and dangerous, makes sense why they waited for back up (and dogs) and why they did not want civilians in the woods at the time. Makes sense why Clint might be terrified, why Karen might freak out (Umm, mom Holly and I think Drew just went into the woods but Drew had a gun to Holly's head? Is this a prank?) Or a gunshot went unnoticed by neighbors because of hunting season, but a scream did not?
I'd like to know if anyone tested for GSR, or if there were any casings found at the woodline, in the carport, in the yard, etc. Maybe Clint was so concerned about 'preserving a crime scene' because a firearm was discharged. And I don't mean a hunting accident. I mean in either the commission of a crime- or in an attempt to stop a home invasion-turned-kidnapping.

ETA: the only thing that does NOT make sense to me, is the extended and complete shutdown of info on the part of local LE.

Why do you think it was changed? IIRC, LE specifically said the suspect did not enter the home. Was it because Clint didn't hear anything so they assumed it wasn't a home invasion? Was it because the perp didn't take anything valuable..jewelry, money?

Maybe they thought it was a home invasion but after talking to the family and evidence found at the scene it was ruled out?

I wish LE would tell us what the heck is going on with the investigation.

I wonder if this home invasion story is what Karen Bobo was referring to when she made the “if everyone knew the whole story…” comment.

Why doesn't she tell us the whole story then? If it was a home invasion, why is it such a big secret?

Why doesn't she tell us the whole story then? If it was a home invasion, why is it such a big secret?

Or for that matter, if Clint was scared, and/or threatened, why not just say so? Isn't that better than having random people thinking he is a coward? How are all of these "secrets" helping to find Holly, or the person who took her? LE's silence doesn't seem to be helping and the partial silence from the family only seems to raise more questions when they do speak out-and it has been months since that happened, if I am remembering correctly.

And if LE believes that an armed man took Holly, why did they never say so? Isn't is rather important to a community to be aware if an armed man is abducting young women? (I am not saying they know if he was armed...just going with the theory that maybe this is why Clint hesitated to go into the woods, even though he was armed himself.)

LE seems to feel they owe nothing to their residents...not even the odd reassurance that they are "on top of it" which I wouldn't personally believe anyway. I've never been especially enamored with LE where I live, but I sure see them doing PC's when major crimes have taken place...they might bungle big cases, but we hear about it and they are always asking for help from the public.

JMO

Hard to say though without knowing more about the crime itself. What kind of a crime was it? Was it just a kidnapping from outside all along? Was it some sort of home invasion gone bad? Was taking Holly the only motive for the crime or an afterthought or crime of opportunity?

Home invasions, for example, usually occur when people are AT HOME. And again I cite the Florida Ninja home invasion where two truck loads of men dressed in black Ninja outfits swarmed over a house in broad daylight with the entire family of two adults and nine children at home at the time. Within some 7-10 minutes the house was secured, the parents executed, and a large safe was stolen. Obviously the suspects here had no fear of the family and since robbery was a motive they probably wanted the parents to be at home so they could get info as to where valuables were before they killed them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in home invasion cases, the perp doesn't usually take his victim with him, right?

Or for that matter, if Clint was scared, and/or threatened, why not just say so? Isn't that better than having random people thinking he is a coward? How are all of these "secrets" helping to find Holly, or the person who took her? LE's silence doesn't seem to be helping and the partial silence from the family only seems to raise more questions when they do speak out-and it has been months since that happened, if I am remembering correctly.

And if LE believes that an armed man took Holly, why did they never say so? Isn't is rather important to a community to be aware if an armed man is abducting young women? (I am not saying they know if he was armed...just going with the theory that maybe this is why Clint hesitated to go into the woods, even though he was armed himself.)

LE seems to feel they owe nothing to their residents...not even the odd reassurance that they are "on top of it" which I wouldn't personally believe anyway. I've never been especially enamored with LE where I live, but I sure see them doing PC's when major crimes have taken place...they might bungle big cases, but we hear about it and they are always asking for help from the public.

JMO

I agree. This case is beyond the norm with all the secrecy and I don't know why.

This may be off topic, but has anyone else been following the Whitney Duncan Survivor drama, where supposedly she was secretly married, but then had an affair with one of the other cast members. My source is the tabloids, so I can't be sure of any of this...but if true, it certainly casts her in a bad light, which IMO she deserves. She is to me the strangest part of this whole puzzle.

In the simplest way to define a home invasion, the unlawful entry onto another's property in the commission of another crime, I do agree. But I have a hard time seeing HB case as a home invasion in truest sense of the definition, an act by two or more people who enter a home forcibly while the residents are inside. The FL ninja home invasion case Carla mentions is what I would consider a true home invasion. Another case involving a home invasion and witnessed abduction was Nadirah Ruffin- http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...h-Ruffin-Kidnapping-and-Murder-132082453.html

In HB case, it does not seem as though the camo man actually went into and through the residence . As we mostly assume, HB was attacked just outside her home by her car and possibly retreated or was forced back into the garage/carport. From the garage they apparently left the premises. IMO this was a kidnapping planned to happen at the victim's residence, at a time to catch the intended victim as they exited their home.
I do 100% agree that the shutdown of information adds to the mystery of this case. I have assumed that the silence was due to the nature of this case, and that very well may be, but it also seems that the TBI does not have very good public relations and have a track record of not saying anything. It is also worth noting that many different LE agencies have been involved, at the state and federal levels and it is common for federal agencies to keep cases bottled up.

As usual, I could be totally wrong, but I interpret from her mother's behavior that there was some incident or situation before her abduction, for example, perhaps Holly received weird messages from someone online who was stalking her, etc. Maybe someone threatened the whole family. Why else would there be an extended police presence? The comment, "know the whole story" plus her almost psychic reaction to the news that Holly was talking to someone outside suggests to me that the family was on edge about something. Her response was just too swift, to me.

Here in the northeast, the trees were still bare in early April, wonder how they were in TN at the time and how far into the woods one could see. - this adds to what you've said about how Holly just vanishing... Instead of all the boots on the ground, they should have gotten a copter over the area... put up road blocks...

Tennessean here: Leaves were on the trees here, and there are evergreen hedges and hollies in the woods too, not to mention young pine trees and all kinds of vines.

That caused problems for the Gail Palmgren case too. The searchers were looking down into ravines on Signal Mountain but once the leaves were on the trees they couldn't see anything.

"Duncan says the family hasn't been told a lot about the investigation and says she doesn't necessarily want to know everything."

http://www.wreg.com/wreg-country-si...20111115,0,5155339.story#.TsRyWUk9ocU.twitter

I wonder why. If I were a family member I would want to know everything. Heck, I want to know everything!!

ok this is a totally weird comment:

"We are still like we are going to get her back, this is just a misunderstanding. We'll get her back tomorrow. There is no way this is real," said Duncan.

A misunderstanding? :waitasec:

As usual, I could be totally wrong, but I interpret from her mother's behavior that there was some incident or situation before her abduction, for example, perhaps Holly received weird messages from someone online who was stalking her, etc. Maybe someone threatened the whole family. Why else would there be an extended police presence? The comment, "know the whole story" plus her almost psychic reaction to the news that Holly was talking to someone outside suggests to me that the family was on edge about something. Her response was just too swift, to me.

Maybe you're right. Her cousin thinks this is all a misunderstanding and they'll get her back. hmmmmmmmmm

More bizarre statements:

"Obviously, the producers knew at any time, the family had a number to call if something happened. If we got her back, I would be pulled out of the game immediately," said Duncan.

"It never gets easier. It gets harder I would say if that's possible. Yeah as more time goes you just have to keep some hope and pray all the time. What else can you do?" said Duncan.

http://www.wreg.com/wreg-country-si...issing-cousin-20111115,0,5155339.story?page=2

ok I'm with those who think the family knows more than they're letting on. At first I thought they were clueless but now I'm convinced they know who took her and why. I also believe the person is not a threat to Holly. I sense a lack of urgency in trying to find her. Hope and prayers won't get her back.

Just when I thought this case couldn't get any more mysterious....

Correct me if I'm wrong but in home invasion cases, the perp doesn't usually take his victim with him, right?

They frequently murder them. And one might be surprised (and horrified) as to how many home invasions then turn into multiple crimes of opportunity, such as physical and sexual assaults, torture, arson, etc. :(

ok this is a totally weird comment:

A misunderstanding? :waitasec:

I think she meant something more along the lines of 'We still hope and pray that we will wake up from this nightmare and it will all have been a dream' kind of misunderstanding.

My interpretation only, of course.

Tennessean here: Leaves were on the trees here, and there are evergreen hedges and hollies in the woods too, not to mention young pine trees and all kinds of vines.

That caused problems for the Gail Palmgren case too. The searchers were looking down into ravines on Signal Mountain but once the leaves were on the trees they couldn't see anything.

Yes.
The weather was also severe shortly after Holly's abduction, necessitating pushing the search out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro