TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, OldSteve, The only thing I know for sure is that Holly is missing, and I wish we could throw out everything we have heard or read and just start over. The way this entire case has played out leaves so many unanswered questions, I don't think we can even be sure how she disappeared.

"The Whole Story", as Karen Bobo mentioned, has not been told. :sigh:

BBM:
Sounds like a great idea to me. Let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start as the Sound of Music would say.

Oh (and this is not directed at you, R.U.- upthread to a post) but it's not just locals who have dropped off. It's professionals from many walks of life, which saddens me tremendously because resurces are being lost by the moment. :(
I don't think the problem is some huge conspiracy theory- but rather an immense amount of frustration at how Holly's case has been handled- online, and in real life.

Where are you, Holly? Many of us still looking for you, honey.

I believe the abductor was holding onto her arm, maybe had a knife and threatened her, took her into the woods to a trail or a narrow back road where he had a vehicle waiting and then God only knows where he took her after that. I don't know that area but it looks to be very similar to the area I live in. There are many, many dirt trails and logging roads that lead in and out of the wooded areas around here. Sometimes the trails cross each other, but most of them eventually lead to a paved road.
If LE was at the house within 10 minutes of the 911 call, I don't understand why they didn't go in and search. If I understand it, the dogs didn't pick up her scent at the tree line, right? She didn't just vanish into thin air, and surely a UFO didn't swoop down and beam her up, so where did she go? Did a hole in the earth open up and swallow them both? They had to go in one direction or another... east, west, up, down, right, left... had to be somewhere.

I believe the abductor was holding onto her arm, maybe had a knife and threatened her, took her into the woods to a trail or a narrow back road where he had a vehicle waiting and then God only knows where he took her after that. I don't know that area but it looks to be very similar to the area I live in. There are many, many dirt trails and logging roads that lead in and out of the wooded areas around here. Sometimes the trails cross each other, but most of them eventually lead to a paved road.
If LE was at the house within 10 minutes of the 911 call, I don't understand why they didn't go in and search. If I understand it, the dogs didn't pick up her scent at the tree line, right? She didn't just vanish into thin air, and surely a UFO didn't swoop down and beam her up, so where did she go? Did a hole in the earth open up and swallow them both? They had to go in one direction or another... east, west, up, down, right, left... had to be somewhere.

Here in the northeast, the trees were still bare in early April, wonder how they were in TN at the time and how far into the woods one could see. - this adds to what you've said about how Holly just vanishing... Instead of all the boots on the ground, they should have gotten a copter over the area... put up road blocks...

BBM:
Sounds like a great idea to me. Let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start as the Sound of Music would say.

Oh (and this is not directed at you, R.U.- upthread to a post) but it's not just locals who have dropped off. It's professionals from many walks of life, which saddens me tremendously because resurces are being lost by the moment. :(
I don't think the problem is some huge conspiracy theory- but rather an immense amount of frustration at how Holly's case has been handled- online, and in real life.

Where are you, Holly? Many of us still looking for you, honey.
I feel that if we were to start at the beginning of this case, it would take all of about five minutes to end up where we are now. HB was seen by her brother walking towards the woods around her home with an unknown man, whom the brother believed to be her boyfriend, she has not been seen since. Well that took about 7 seconds.
In regards to business professionals staying away from this case, do they really have much of a choice? IIRC, LE based searches stopped right after volunteer searches. It is as if they decided they were done looking and that was that. LE stopped ground searches and stopped communicating to the public except to make cryptic statements. I am not sure how anybody that was willing to help could in this type of situation without having some type of direct access to the LE involved.
And yes, this is one of the most frustrating cases I can recall because of the ever changing story, the lack of info (especially quality info that doesn't have gigantic holes in it) and IMO, the smugness LE has shown in this case with no results. Heck, in the beginning of the case sex offenders were mentioned, and it was about 4-5 months later they announced they couldn't locate one, and a couple days later they had him. The one direct question the TBI has asked the public was given an immediate response. If that isn't frustrating to see, I am not sure what is.
In regard to the role the internet has played in this case, I know we have had this discussion before but I tend to really downplay that aspect. Outside of a certain individual making up all kinds of rumors and allegations (remember it took LE a LONG time to address this individual publicly and denounce him), I see it as par for the course considering the nature of this crime. High profile criminal cases tend to bring out many nut jobs, and the vacuum that has been created by all the secrecy and pointing the finger at that community has made a difficult situation into a seemingly impossible one. Rumors popped up all over the place early in this case and they have never been addressed, they have been allowed to snowball and that is what I see online, people tossing out any theory that is within and sometimes outside the realm of possibility because there is nothing else to say. If people did not inject any theories or ideas on this thread, there would probably be one post a week, and that post would most likely be a spam of the FBI poster, considering the TBI does not have one that I have ever seen.

I feel that if we were to start at the beginning of this case, it would take all of about five minutes to end up where we are now. HB was seen by her brother walking towards the woods around her home with an unknown man, whom the brother believed to be her boyfriend, she has not been seen since. Well that took about 7 seconds.
In regards to business professionals staying away from this case, do they really have much of a choice? IIRC, LE based searches stopped right after volunteer searches. It is as if they decided they were done looking and that was that. LE stopped ground searches and stopped communicating to the public except to make cryptic statements. I am not sure how anybody that was willing to help could in this type of situation without having some type of direct access to the LE involved.
And yes, this is one of the most frustrating cases I can recall because of the ever changing story, the lack of info (especially quality info that doesn't have gigantic holes in it) and IMO, the smugness LE has shown in this case with no results. Heck, in the beginning of the case sex offenders were mentioned, and it was about 4-5 months later they announced they couldn't locate one, and a couple days later they had him. The one direct question the TBI has asked the public was given an immediate response. If that isn't frustrating to see, I am not sure what is.
In regard to the role the internet has played in this case, I know we have had this discussion before but I tend to really downplay that aspect. Outside of a certain individual making up all kinds of rumors and allegations (remember it took LE a LONG time to address this individual publicly and denounce him), I see it as par for the course considering the nature of this crime. High profile criminal cases tend to bring out many nut jobs, and the vacuum that has been created by all the secrecy and pointing the finger at that community has made a difficult situation into a seemingly impossible one. Rumors popped up all over the place early in this case and they have never been addressed, they have been allowed to snowball and that is what I see online, people tossing out any theory that is within and sometimes outside the realm of possibility because there is nothing else to say. If people did not inject any theories or ideas on this thread, there would probably be one post a week, and that post would most likely be a spam of the FBI poster, considering the TBI does not have one that I have ever seen.

Im a nut job for sure:floorlaugh:

I do agree that going back to the beginning and looking at what is known to be true would not take more than a few minutes, that's for sure. While I hope LE knows lots more than they are letting on, I don't believe they do. JMO

Clint was very clear though that there was no leading, holding, pushing, dragging etc. They were just casually walking. Strange but thats his description.

But yeah I feel the suspect had a vehicle of some sort near the property and they did not go on this legendary trek through the impenetrable woods as some people seem to believe.

What's the point in racing to a crime scene and not doing anything?

Perhaps there was something at the scene, or in the recount of the abduction, that caused LE to be concerned about the safety of community members?

My opinions only, no facts here:

Good buddies! If you were planning to kidnap someone, would you really try to convince them to sit behind you on a 4-wheeler while you drive them to their doom? They could just roll off the 4-wheeler and run in the woods. They could simply fall off when you hit a bump. If Holly was kidnapped alive (this is only a supposition and not necessarily my theory), she would have been in the trunk of a car and less likely, in the cab of a truck with a weapon against her side. But if she was not alive, she would be in the trunk of a car. Think about this.

But respecting some of the other fine sleuthers, I maintain a 5% chance that Holly is alive. This requires some fantastic circumstances, but this is far from a typical case.

BBM - No, I would convince them to sit in front of me so I could arc my chest around their back, so they wouldn't fall off.

Clint was very clear though that there was no leading, holding, pushing, dragging etc. They were just casually walking. Strange but thats his description.

But yeah I feel the suspect had a vehicle of some sort near the property and they did not go on this legendary trek through the impenetrable woods as some people seem to believe.

BBM - I call bullsheet! There are logging trails through the woods which makes them PENETRABLE.

If Clint thought they were walking casually to the woods, then why was he alarmed at all? What made him worry?

It looks like a well planned abduction and perhaps the man int he woods asked Holly to take alook at something and she went with him?

But then why would she follow a strange man into the woods, unless he had a child with him.

If Clint thought they were walking casually to the woods, then why was he alarmed at all? What made him worry?

It looks like a well planned abduction and perhaps the man int he woods asked Holly to take alook at something and she went with him?

But then why would she follow a strange man into the woods, unless he had a child with him.

Clint wasn't worried, according to one version, even after speaking with his mom once, or twice, not even when he saw the blood. He seems to only have become alarmed when the neighbor showed up and told him about the scream. Up until that point, he said he was still convinced the man was Holly's boyfriend, even though her mom said it could not be.

The timeline is a major issue...was Holly really in the "carport" with the man for several minutes, crouching over and "talking", as Clint said at one point? And since he did not carry her away, he clearly got her to walk normally, so he did not simply swoop in, grab her and make a run for it. It makes it sound more like he DID know someone was in the house, and convinced her to act naturally. Then the scream, if it was Holly, may have come from the woods once she realized she was really being taken?

BBM - I call bullsheet! There are logging trails through the woods which makes them PENETRABLE.

I was being sarcastic, sheesh. As I have pointed out on NUMEROUS occasions there are trails all around the house visible in some of the aerial photos. :banghead:

Clint wasn't worried, according to one version, even after speaking with his mom once, or twice, not even when he saw the blood. He seems to only have become alarmed when the neighbor showed up and told him about the scream. Up until that point, he said he was still convinced the man was Holly's boyfriend, even though her mom said it could not be.

The timeline is a major issue...was Holly really in the "carport" with the man for several minutes, crouching over and "talking", as Clint said at one point? And since he did not carry her away, he clearly got her to walk normally, so he did not simply swoop in, grab her and make a run for it. It makes it sound more like he DID know someone was in the house, and convinced her to act naturally. Then the scream, if it was Holly, may have come from the woods once she realized she was really being taken?

If he wasnt worried why did he get his gun and go out? Idk... its all confusing.

The scream seems to have happened FIRST before Clint woke up, not after Holly had walked off. I originally assumed this was the case but further interviews, etc. have clarified this. Scream was first, Neighbor heard it and Clint was asleep.

If he wasnt worried why did he get his gun and go out? Idk... its all confusing.

The scream seems to have happened FIRST before Clint woke up, not after Holly had walked off. I originally assumed this was the case but further interviews, etc. have clarified this. Scream was first, Neighbor heard it and Clint was asleep.

I thought he stopped because the neighbor showed up..and then the cops right after that..I have neighbors like that, they show up and no matter what you are doing they "have" to talk to you...its maddening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro