TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wasnt worried why did he get his gun and go out? Idk... its all confusing.

The scream seems to have happened FIRST before Clint woke up, not after Holly had walked off. I originally assumed this was the case but further interviews, etc. have clarified this. Scream was first, Neighbor heard it and Clint was asleep.

He was walking with his gun, allegedly, because his mother told him to get his gun and go after Holly. But then he stopped to call 911. And whether or not he went into the woods before police came seems to be up in the air. Did he just stand there and wait for them? That seems almost impossible, some great self-control if he did. JMO

BBM - No, I would convince them to sit in front of me so I could arc my chest around their back, so they wouldn't fall off.

My opinions only, no facts here:

I thought about the put-them-in-front-of-you ATV theory. All of this is just too complicated. It is like tying someone up and throwing them in the back of an open bed pickup. Who here would be comfortable hauling your kidnap victim in plain sight? The instinct is to get them completely out of sight if possible, and quickly. A truck or van parked just off of the main road is far more intuitively satisfying and sensible. An ATV requires a larger vehicle with a trailer to haul it, unless the perpetrator was planning on heading down 5 Forks Road or Swan Johnson Road up to Bible Hill with the kidnap victim like a trophy on their ATV for all of the world to see.

The above opinions only apply IF Holly was kidnapped.

I thought he stopped because the neighbor showed up..and then the cops right after that..I have neighbors like that, they show up and no matter what you are doing they "have" to talk to you...its maddening.

I would be glad the neighbor showed up in this case.

He was walking with his gun, allegedly, because his mother told him to get his gun and go after Holly. But then he stopped to call 911. And whether or not he went into the woods before police came seems to be up in the air. Did he just stand there and wait for them? That seems almost impossible, some great self-control if he did. JMO

Clint AFAIK never called 911 he did go outside with his gun but stopped to talk to the neighbor then apparently decided "not to contaminate the crime scene" and did not go into the woods. its all confusing and does not make ANY SENSE at all. These people all do exactly the opposite of what any semi normal person would have done in a similar situation.

My opinions only, no facts here:

I thought about the put-them-in-front-of-you ATV theory. All of this is just too complicated. It is like tying someone up and throwing them in the back of an open bed pickup. Who here would be comfortable hauling your kidnap victim in plain sight? The instinct is to get them completely out of sight if possible, and quickly. A truck or van parked just off of the main road is far more intuitively satisfying and sensible. An ATV requires a larger vehicle with a trailer to haul it, unless the perpetrator was planning on heading down 5 Forks Road or Swan Johnson Road up to Bible Hill with the kidnap victim like a trophy on their ATV for all of the world to see.

The above opinions only apply IF Holly was kidnapped.[/QUOTE

Yes she was kidnapped... we have been over that a million times before. BUT we do know know the motives, obviously don't know a suspect, etc.

And I have said for months its too complicated to use an ATV. I can't see loading an ATV into a trailer or truck, driving the truck to the woods. Getting the ATV off the back, driving through the woods making all kinds of noise with the ATV, abducting Holly, getting her to sit on the back of the ATV while you drive it away. Having to get her off the ATV and wait while you get it back into a truck or trailer, etc.

You can travel W, NW, and SW via ATV from the Bobo residence using firebreaks and trails- avoiding main roads for quite aways.

Clint was very clear though that there was no leading, holding, pushing, dragging etc. They were just casually walking. Strange but thats his description.

But yeah I feel the suspect had a vehicle of some sort near the property and they did not go on this legendary trek through the impenetrable woods as some people seem to believe.

But the first reports were that she was dragged... did LE misunderstand Clint, or did the media misreport it? Or did he just misspeak in the excitement of the moment? We may never know.
There are ways to hold a weapon on someone without anyone else being able to see it from behind. She could have appeared to be walking casually while he had a knife or a gun in her side.
OR he could have been someone she knew, and believed there was someone back in the trees who was hurt and he needed her help. There are so many possibilities and without any more information we can speculate till the cows come home.

You can travel W, NW, and SW via ATV from the Bobo residence using firebreaks and trails- avoiding main roads for quite aways.
Very good point Oriah and also if somebody is to argue the point that an ATV was not used because it would leave the perp and victim in plain sight, one could make the very same argument as to why using the woods and trails would be ideal. Also, if we are to assume an ATV is too loud to not be heard, couldn't one say the same about starting up a car or truck parked closely to the residence. Did the abductor leave their vehicle running indefinitely? Also, if more than one person was involved in the abduction, would that change the way someone may consider the use of an ATV?
The TBI has stated to keep an eye out or people cleaning/selling an ATV, not just a car or truck and if the TBI believes the abductor is local (last month it was said by a spokeswoman that the investigation is still focused on that community), I don''t see how you could just dismiss the use of an ATV.
Just for the sake of argument, lets flip this around. Let's say you were told you needed to move a distance of 5 miles and if nobody else sees you while you went that 5 miles, you would win a prize. Let's assume you are on foot, would you walk down paved roads that are commonly traveled by locals, or would you walk through forest trails that are rarely used, especially at 8AM on a Wednesday. This is just food for thought.

What's the point in racing to a crime scene and not doing anything?

Exactly!! Why not at least TRY to find a trail? Hanging around waiting for backup or the tracking dogs just gave the guy a good head start. He could have ended up 100 miles away before they got around to doing anything

Very good point Oriah and also if somebody is to argue the point that an ATV was not used because it would leave the perp and victim in plain sight, one could make the very same argument as to why using the woods and trails would be ideal. Also, if we are to assume an ATV is too loud to not be heard, couldn't one say the same about starting up a car or truck parked closely to the residence. Did the abductor leave their vehicle running indefinitely? Also, if more than one person was involved in the abduction, would that change the way someone may consider the use of an ATV?
The TBI has stated to keep an eye out or people cleaning/selling an ATV, not just a car or truck and if the TBI believes the abductor is local (last month it was said by a spokeswoman that the investigation is still focused on that community), I don''t see how you could just dismiss the use of an ATV.
Just for the sake of argument, lets flip this around. Let's say you were told you needed to move a distance of 5 miles and if nobody else sees you while you went that 5 miles, you would win a prize. Let's assume you are on foot, would you walk down paved roads that are commonly traveled by locals, or would you walk through forest trails that are rarely used, especially at 8AM on a Wednesday. This is just food for thought.

BBM:
And good food for thought it is, frog.

As I mentioned before, we own a property nearly identical to the Bobo's, only in a different state. If I were to win $10,000 if I traveled via ATV for 5 miles without being seen, I can tell you exactly which way I'd go.

First out the back of the yard (we're fenced, so I would enter and leave the gate open) and have a running ATV about 1000 yards down the second turn off of our first firebreak. It's a heavy pine forest- sound is surprisingly muffled by density of growth, as well as needles/leaves/etc on the ground. I wouldn't rev my engine, I'd travel at moderate speed, and would need to manuver around fallen trees, sink holes, etc. I would avoid any known deer feeders, and I'd head down to the powerline clearing, which runs (in our case) along the back of the property- is cleared by maintenance workers several times a year, but no more than that- and I know when they bush hog so there are tracks there.
That would put me 5 miles through a very dense forest which by road access (if I wanted road access) would put me nearly 15 miles away from the residence. In about 15 minutes.

Clint AFAIK never called 911 he did go outside with his gun but stopped to talk to the neighbor then apparently decided "not to contaminate the crime scene" and did not go into the woods. its all confusing and does not make ANY SENSE at all. These people all do exactly the opposite of what any semi normal person would have done in a similar situation.

Either Clint was not concerned about his sister's life, or he was a big chicken. Who the heck is going to worry about contaminating a crime scene when their sister has just walked off into the woods with somebody? And by this time, he's seen the blood in the carport and has been told the guy was not her boyfriend, right? Sump'n ain't right here.

Either Clint was not concerned about his sister's life, or he was a big chicken. Who the heck is going to worry about contaminating a crime scene when their sister has just walked off into the woods with somebody? And by this time, he's seen the blood in the carport and has been told the guy was not her boyfriend, right? Sump'n ain't right here.

Has anyone considered the thought that perhaps Clint witnessed the abduction- the abductor(s) saw Clint- and visably held a weapon up to Holly in such a fashion as to imply "you move, and I'll kill her?" And then took off?

I realize that doesn't match with the ever changing media reports- but it sure would explain a few things, imvho.

Actually I DO think Clint knew what was going on , and he was too frightened to get involved. That is understandable and should of said that from the beginning. I think the "cover stories" came into play in answer to the public's criticism of Clint.

Has anyone considered the thought that perhaps Clint witnessed the abduction- the abductor(s) saw Clint- and visably held a weapon up to Holly in such a fashion as to imply "you move, and I'll kill her?" And then took off?

I realize that doesn't match with the ever changing media reports- but it sure would explain a few things, imvho.
It certainly would make sense given the time frame of the abduction and it would also fit in line with some quotes from the family about people blaming CB and not knowing the whole story.
At this time, I feel that CB accounts do paint the picture of somebody who was frightened, showing enough concern to do everything but go and talk to HB, more so than being oblivious to the potential danger of the situation. Some examples could include CB calling his mother at work to ask who was at the house when he was close enough to notice silhouettes in the garage and also trying to call HB after he had seen her walking with camo man.
This line of thinking is a tough one, but IMO is possible. This would mean that LE AND/OR the Bobo's are committed to a constantly evolving story (lie) from the beginning. It is possible to fit what we think we know as fact, or have been told as such.
If we are to assume a cover story is in play over the possible truth of this abduction being more violent than we have been led to believe, IMO a narrative can be developed.
After the abduction occurred, LE quickly realized there was little danger to the community at large (a speciic threat or because it was a targeted abduction, among other ideas), so there was no need to alarm people more than they would naturally be in this situation. It did not take LE very long to point the finger at the community and say the abductor is possibly among you (although this really does shape my ideas on this case, it is one of the few point blank things that LE has said to the public and have said for 7 months now). This would play into the fact that this case is very silent with conflicting stories and rumors, why the Bobo's were seemingly invisible the first three months, why the TBI stayed at the residence for weeks after the abduction and why LE has seemed confident that the abductor is a local.
If we try to fit the tidbits of info that we know with the actual story that has been presented, it becomes much harder to fit those elements into a narrative. If we assume that CB was oblivious and was the buffoon he has sometimes been portrayed as, then why would he say things like he did not think she would be coming back anytime soon or that he felt the need to preserve a possible crime scene if he had no idea what had just happened. If the person that took HB was KNOWN to be carrying a weapon and possibly threatening to use it, that would certainly play into the initial handling by LE and the hesitation to enter those woods with so many people gathering around. I still ask if this abductor was trying to cover themselves, if they were spotted, by saying they were hunting, wouldn't one need a gun for turkey hunting?
The bottom line is whatever type of strategy is at play in this case, it's results are not apparent 7 months later. I have always felt this case was more like an inside job than a random act of violence. The knowledge of the family's schedules combined with the ability to make someone disappear using a forest as cover, whether or not they actually trekked through the woods is another debate but it did create infinite more possibilities for direction of travel.
It would not take Sherlock Holmes to figure this abductor would not want anybody else at the home except for HB, but this does make me wonder why the need to move her towards the woods if nobody else would be home, he could just pull up the driveway and block it. Seems to me those logging and backwoods trails were part of the plan regardless, whether they were used for 3 minutes or 3 hours. IMO either somebody was spending time in the backwoods areas around the home planning out this crime, or somebody already planned out this crime and used their knowledge of the woods to get away with it.

"The X-Gate Pickup Truck Ramp rides on the bed of your pickup. When you're ready to use it, simply lower your tailgate, slide the X-Gate back onto your tailgate and then extend it out and down. The X-Gate Pickup Ramp supports over 1200 lbs."

Seems simple to me.

x-ramp-use-6.jpg

One thing strange about this case (as if there is only one!) was the big reward quickly posted by the Governor.
Compare to recent rewards, for example the TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 case, what was done for her?
TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
I think there are politics at play because of the attention HB case quickly received.
These are the first MSM reports I could find for a comparison, which catches your eye?

- http://www.stategazette.com/story/1779590.html
Karen Johnson Swift was last seen at her home on Willie Johnson Road on Sunday, Oct. 30, at approximately 1:30 a.m.
Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box stated Swift's white 2004 Nissan Murano was recovered on Millsfield Highway near the intersection of Harness Road. The vehicle reportedly had a flat tire when it was found and was pointed north, just a short distance from her house.

-http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20053678-504083.html
Tenn. - Authorities are looking for 20-year-old Holly Bobo, a west Tennessee woman who was last seen being dragged from her home by a man dressed in camouflage.
Investigators believe Bobo may have been abducted in a home invasion on Wednesday.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says that her 25-year-old brother told investigators that he saw the man dragging his sister across the carport at her family home and toward a wooded area.

Snipped to something I hadn't thought about:

It would not take Sherlock Holmes to figure this abductor would not want anybody else at the home except for HB, but this does make me wonder why the need to move her towards the woods if nobody else would be home, he could just pull up the driveway and block it. Seems to me those logging and backwoods trails were part of the plan regardless, whether they were used for 3 minutes or 3 hours. IMO either somebody was spending time in the backwoods areas around the home planning out this crime, or somebody already planned out this crime and used their knowledge of the woods to get away with it.

Great point! - the perp plan shows he did not care if CB was home or not, just like you said. But the perp must have known her father and even her mother wouldn't be home - I cannot imagine him taking that kind of chance.

Snipped to something I hadn't thought about:

Great point! - the perp plan shows he did not care if CB was home or not, just like you said. But the perp must have known her father and even her mother wouldn't be home - I cannot imagine him taking that kind of chance.

Hard to say though without knowing more about the crime itself. What kind of a crime was it? Was it just a kidnapping from outside all along? Was it some sort of home invasion gone bad? Was taking Holly the only motive for the crime or an afterthought or crime of opportunity?

Home invasions, for example, usually occur when people are AT HOME. And again I cite the Florida Ninja home invasion where two truck loads of men dressed in black Ninja outfits swarmed over a house in broad daylight with the entire family of two adults and nine children at home at the time. Within some 7-10 minutes the house was secured, the parents executed, and a large safe was stolen. Obviously the suspects here had no fear of the family and since robbery was a motive they probably wanted the parents to be at home so they could get info as to where valuables were before they killed them.

Carla, the initial report of being a home invasion is still puzzling. Would be interesting to see LE radio dispatch logs (but don't think that will happen anytime soon).
Still think Holly was sadly the target..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro