Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mizstery

The first time in my life I had heard of Pat Brown was the video ChiliFries posted. Perhaps,rather than setting her up as the 'authority' on criminal profiling...I thought it interesting that as early as April 20 ..she was raising the same concerns we are still wrestling with.

Yeah I wouldn't hold her up as a beacon of truth of either, but yes, she did ask the right questions then and they're still the right questions now. Somebody isn't telling the truth. I'm just still unsure if its just one or both sides.

I find it strange that media like Nancy Grace didn't take this case and run with it like Natalie Holloway, Caylee Anthony or Jon Benet Ramsey. The interest is certainly there, Websleuths is a perfect example, we are all still here going over and over what we know (which is next to nil) 14 months later. Go figure!

To me, it seems the only on-going interest is here...and that may consist of 50 or so people at most. Other boards that used to have threads on Holly have little or no activity, the FB pages have the occasional prayer. That is about it.

Another thing, I wouldn't put that much stock into what Pat Brown says. I've seen her talk about a lot of these cases and honestly I don't value her opinions any more than a random message board poster. I just posted that video because it has the best aerial views of the house I've seen.

And, as I've said before, it's the same thing with AMW. I've watched that show twice since they did the segment on Holly, and both times they got important stuff wrong about the Mickey Shunick case. They even mistakenly showed a picture of a truck that Lafayette police cleared instead of showing the vitally important pic of the truck police were still looking for. I know John Walsh's heart is in the right place but that show often stinks when it comes to getting important details right.

I feel the same way about Mark Fuhrman saying the dogs didn't pick up a scent. Until that is confirmed I'm very skeptical. Early in the investigation there is always incorrect info flying around, like Holly being dragged into the woods in this case. Same kind of thing happened with Hailey Dunn, supposedly dogs followed her scent to a motel but as more info came out that turned out to be wrong.

Hope I cleared nothing up for you all.

LULZ at my fellow Alabamian. See everybody we are worth something besides football.

But what I think what everybody is having so much trouble with in these cases is all the evasiveness. The evasiveness from the family, the evasiveness from the brother, the evasiveness from the police. And we`re not getting answers. Things are just -- seem like we should be able to get answers to, like when was the 911 call made? Did the dogs find a trail into the woods?*

'Evasiveness' seems like a pretty strong statement. And I don't know what we 'should' expect in terms of information. The police and family have no responsibility to act as an information service for amateur sleuthers. And this is/was a FBI case, so they may have even been discouraged from discussing the case, lest they muddy the water.

The family are victims here, and we have no evidence to think otherwise. Rumor, speculation, frustration regarding witness statements or a lack of information from LE -- these things do not count as evidence here.

The thing is that there was supposed to be a big Holly Bobo episode of Nancy Grace. IIRC it was hyped as being on a Monday show. The trailers for it that played from Friday over the weekend had her "Bombshelling" about phone conversations that morning, cell phone pings from the morning she disappeared, etc. All sorts of details that were never mentioned anywhere else. Then BAM that monday the show was NOT on.

'Evasiveness' seems like a pretty strong statement. And I don't know what we 'should' expect in terms of information. The police and family have no responsibility to act as an information service for amateur sleuthers. And this is/was a FBI case, so they may have even been discouraged from discussing the case, lest they muddy the water.

The family are victims here, and we have no evidence to think otherwise. Rumor, speculation, frustration regarding witness statements or a lack of information from LE -- these things do not count as evidence here.

I appreciate your point of view, but what is the point of being a member of Websleuths if you can't discuss EVERY aspect of the case as you see it. Some members will see it as evasiveness, some will bring out points that I would never dream of thinking. As I see it, every member has a valuable contribution and should be heard.

Not only are you correct about the BAM! Hammer brought down on holly Bobo case on NG.. but another BAM HAMMER brought down on the media covering the Holly Bobo case was on the "Bring them home" internet weekly missing person show(featured on same network as our weekly webleuths show) ..I recall transcribing the statement made at the opening of the much anticipated, highly advertised show that was to focus on the Holly Bobo case.. tho, I don't recall it verbatim(will search for it&post when I have a moment to do so a little later this evening) ...but in a nutshell the host appeared to be quite shocked or taken aback and had only a very brief statement of why the show had been nixed and that there would be NO FOLLOW UP ABOUT THE CASE, period..

Its all so very bizarre.. i believe most can definitely agree upon that..

The sudden cancellations of the Bobo programs - does that not lead into the possibility that what happened to Holly is known, and that what's known is that there was no kidnapper? Can it be seen in any way other than the program producers got word that something hinky was afoot, and decided to drop the whole mess rather than continue with the party line?

I apologize for quoting myself. But! I just answered my question to Carla Lashelle.Using,iPad App for Podcast......there is link to Levi Page Podcasts. Two Podcasts,have discussion's on Holly Bobo.

April 30,2011 Has an eposode featuring former police chief Dr Richard Wemblath and homocide prosecutor Donna Pendergast

July 29,2011 Former detective and crime writer Stacy Dittrich talks to Levi Page on new details in the search for TN nursing student Holly Bobo.

I have not listened to the Podcasts yet. I want to wait until I can listen with no interruptions. Then I will give a synopsis on the programs.

<snipped>

On another subject way back in thread #26 you made reference to a interview
with Levi Page:
Quote Carla Lashelle:
Levi Page interview with the homicide prosecutor is interesting

"we are talking real(sic) Tennessee here..."
(real=rural) MOO

Somewhat critical, suspicious over some of Clint's statements. Says there is evidence that he DID say she was dragged into the woods and then recanted.

Is there a transcript or audio of that interview?

I've wondered the same thing. Was it ever on NG? If so did she interview anyone?

It is obvious to me the family doesn't want to pursue the story. They (Karen) has no problem with local people contributing money for the cause and many have but she doesn't want this on TV. Isn't that obvious?

LE doesn't want to share ANYTHING about the case to the public. Isn't that obvious. They don't want the public meddling. The only time they seemed to care was when somebody tried to insert themselves in the case and wanted to do a re-enactment. They went after him like gang-busters. Never heard from that guy again. They raided his Ohio home, IIRC.

If the family and LE don't want help, I say they have a pretty good idea of what happened and don't want to talk about it..:moo:

I have no issues with Pat Brown at all. Mark Fuhrman is an excellent detective. They are giving us their view on what they read just like you and I. However, Mark sometimes has connections and can get a little more info.

Pat Brown was right on in her assessment with this case, imo.

These two professionals can only comment on what they are told by the media. They do a very good job. Pat leans towards psychological science and crime scenes/criminal types; and Mark goes by his excellent instincts with many years of dealing with criminals and investigating crimes.

Till TN Law Enforcement speaks out with what they know and ask the public for help, this case will always be one where the family has to be suspects. Logic leads us there, unless proven otherwise.

I will go back and listen but on the latest video just given, doesn't Karen say they both parked their cars in that garage. If Clint's car wasn't in the garage that morning, where was it?

How did he see them kneeling, later sitting there looking at what he thought was a turkey? What was his vantage point?

Even the basic points of a case are being covered up here.

When I hear LE say they want to keep things "close to the vest", "there is an on-going investigation"....blah, blah, blah, my instincts tell me that they are not going to solve the crime. They are hiding facts from the public and don't want the public snooping around in their business.

Darden LE can't control us. They have done a good job at controlling their community, including the Bobo family but not us.

If you give TN LE the benefit of the doubt, what is the point in not identifying her blood, cellphone, lunchbag location and paper/books thrown? Are any of these things being kept a secret helping them find the perp? If told where they were at the time, somebody may have seen something. My guess is LE has some answers and they don't help point to a stranger. Blood splatter could tell the story....but that was covered up. Dana slipped up and said it was Holly's...or we would never have known that.

Where did Holly's phone last ping? Of course this is rural and that questioned may be impossible. But maybe there was a cell tower in the area.

If you give TN LE the benefit of the doubt, what is the point in not identifying her blood, cellphone, lunchbag location and paper/books thrown? Are any of these things being kept a secret helping them find the perp? If told where they were at the time, somebody may have seen something. My guess is LE has some answers and they don't help point to a stranger. Blood splatter could tell the story....but that was covered up. Dana slipped up and said it was Holly's...or we would never have known that.

Where did Holly's phone last ping? Of course this is rural and that questioned may be impossible. But maybe there was a cell tower in the area.

:Bennymonkey: Pretty well sums it up!:maddening:

I need a better idea of the window/door into the three sided garage. The garage takes up a 1/3 of the back of the house. I assumed a kitchen window cut over a sink looked out to the garage/carport.

In the great link/video provided by Chile Fries, we can see a light source. Can anyone identify where the light source is?

This can tie up the silhouette problem and how in the world Clint could have observed them from INSIDE the house.

Looking at the back wall of the garage, it is composed of corrugated steel. I can't get a perspective of it. It appears the light source is on the side, which makes no sense to me...since I see a solid wall in some photos.

Would any family build a garage next to the kitchen (I assume) and take away a kitchen window/door?

On one side of the kitchen lays the old garage which was converted into a family room; then they rebuilt a partial garage on the opposite side of the kitchen. I have to assume there was a window or patio door there at one time. They then covered up that entrance with this garage stall....I can see the steel wall, is there a window cut there? The side walls are stucco material.

It doesn't make sense to put corrugated steel next to the kitchen wall, why not just use the stucco of the original wall?

Here Whisperer...

Here is the view into the garage from the back door area (from AMW). There is an opening Clint could see into from the back door:

6956410496_6d44a68222_c.jpg

Can somebody please explain this building (garage to me)? This looks like a shed...corrugated steel seen on the left (front of bldg). Notice ground under steel. I don't see this as the back wall of the kitchen of the home. It looks like a free-standing structure. Light is shining in from the side....and from under corrugated steel wall.

I saw no windows on the side of the attached garage/carport in back of the house. It looks like the walls are made of stucco. What is that black and white partition on the right?

This PIC here doesn't indicate anything like the structure at the back of the house. It shows a side window/door. Are we seeing the opposite SIDE of the house? Standing in the backyard and looking at the house, I can see the carport doesn't completely cover the back as one would expect. There appears to be four feet of wall (appr) left bare. Is there a door there? IOW, are there two doors, one on each side of the carport?

Where is this opening, Chili? The back door is paned. How could Clint see in from the back door? It doesn't compute.

In the video posted with Karen in the back, the transcript reads Karen showed her where the blood was found in the garage. As I said, lots of editing going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89