TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad Dana has stepped up to share some information. I wonder why it took a year though and whether LE knew he was going to share it. Yes, it certainly would be helpful to have more details about those items. In Sierra Lamar's case the type of bag, brand, color, was released right away. Why is Holly's case so different? :banghead:

BBM - Maybe a solid tip came in? Hopefully, something is finally coming together with this investigation: Searching in the river, Dana releasing some info, and there’s another foot search on Saturday. The investigation seems to be moving forward.

jmo

Image of the creek approximately 8 miles from the Bobo residence where Holly's white lunch_____ was located days after her abduction. (_______ next to lunch is obviously so that each can fill in the blank with what they want to call the container which was located with her Lunch still inside)
lunch-box-creek.230.jpg

http://newsblaze.com/pix/2011/0422/pix/lunch-box-creek.230.jpg

Wow, I was just thinking, looking at the photo... I wonder how Mr. ___'s son ran across the lunch ___ there.

It doesn't look it would be right up close to the father's house, to me. Know what I mean ?

P.S. NOT saying he is suspicious at ALL. I just thought it was odd.

Wow, I was just thinking, looking at the photo... I wonder how Mr. ___'s son ran across the lunch ___ there.

It doesn't look it would be right up close to the father's house, to me. Know what I mean ?

P.S. NOT saying he is suspicious at ALL. I just thought it was odd.

I didn't know who found the lunch bag.

I wonder if Erika Sharpton's case resulted in some evidence being found that could possibly be connected to Holly's case?

I am posting this, because to me, Holly is a sister. She was only 2 steps away from being a fellow nurse.

If you know a nurse, or if you are one, you know that most of us have a very deep bond for each other, even for nurses we have never met, such as Holly.

I am having trouble getting the video from my tv, to my cell phone. I am going to refer back to my user manual, and try again.

In the meantime, I did post 3 pictures I took of my tv screen during playback.

I will be mortified with embarrassment if this video was taken long ago, however, I never heard of any pink purse, and given the new search this coming weekend, I don't believe that Fox17 was re-running an old video.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1309

Please let me know if that link doesn't work.

Karen Ann,

Thank you for all your hard work in getting the video posted and for your beautiful words concerning your bond to Holly through nursing. She certainly was loved by so many to see the tremendous turnouts every time they call for help. I pray that the Bobo's are finally going to get answers, and I hope if there is any way possible that she is still alive, that she can be found and brought home. It is gut-wrenching to be a mother yourself and to try and imagine what these poor parents have gone through. To not know where your child is would just be the worst.

I'm still so lost on this case. I know the basic facts, but I missed the middle months, so I know none of the "players." I don't even know, outside of the RSO's, who'd be suspects.

Its never been said (that I know of) officially who found the lunch bag although I recall news articles saying "searchers" found it. Initial reports said it was found in or by a creek but later it was said it was found by the side of the road in a position indicating it could have been tossed from a passing car. Without knowing the exact location or seeing a broader view of the supposed area, those two situations are not mutually exclusive. It could have been tossed from a car and landed by a creek if the creek was close to the road. The photo/video of the duct tape found with blonde hair attached to it (never confirmed or denied to be related to Holly) was right next to the side of the road as photos show it in situ.

"Lunch purse" - where was the thing?

Investigators said Holly Bobo's white lunch box was recovered from a creek about eight miles from her home. msnbc.msn.com, 15 April 9:18 p.m. CDT

Search crews found the items on the side of the road on Friday about eight miles from her home.
newschannel5.com, 15 April 7:18 p.m. CDT

Happy to clear that up for us, cough-cough.

We are not posting rumors here, if and only if something comes up in a verified source will it be talked about here.

:tyou:

Was thinking about Holly's case after seeing thugs arrested in Mickey Shunick, Sierra Lamara, and Jaren Lockhart cases --

All were thanks in big part to surveillance videos... That's what Holly's case is missing (Lauren Spierer's too).

It use to be DNA was a "surprise gotcha" but perps have become wise to that, especially if they are in the system.

So surveillance cams are worth their weight in gold in crime solving..

In retrospect, I think rather than massive searches, the best thing when a person goes missing is to secure all the video material that can be gotten to, and in Holly's case perhaps keeping everyone away from the scene and doing time-laspe high-def aerial photography could have been done...

There are enough rumors floating around this case to sink a battleship. Some have legs of their own and are still running around a year later. Others were used to implicate people that somebody did not like. This is EXACTLY what that TC guy did, he somehow got close enough into the investigation with his rumors, that the TBI had to try and physically stop it a couple of states away. (When I think about how somebody like this gets inside an investigation, he must be buddy-buddy with somebody that the TBI was not happy about and in their view had the potential to damage the case. That much we can safely assume.)
There was a post recently that I cannot seem to find, but the poster brought up something that gets overlooked in this case (going to add links to the incidents mentioned). The history of this area is sordid, where the term justice has little to no transparency. A local pastor killed the father of the bride because of a dispute over seating arrangements. That Saturday, LE was called in because of the arguing. On Monday, the father confronted the pastor again and this time, the pastor pushed the man into the pavement which led to his death. No charges have been filed to this date.- (What a wedding weekend for this poor bride that led to her father's murder and his murderer not being charged.)
PARSONS, TN (WSMV) - Investigators said Monday that no charges will be filed in a deadly assault that occurred in late August after a wedding at a Decatur County church.
Witnesses said the bride's father, Joey Tucsnak, had words with Pastor Chris Warren in the parking lot of Amazing Grace Ministries Church in Parsons.
Witnesses said Tucsnak and Warren exchanged blows, resulting in Tucsnak falling backwards and hitting the pavement. Tucsnak later died at the hospital. ( I know if I got into a fist fight with somebody that led to their death, I would be in jail.) http://www.wsmv.com/story/15872672/no-charges-after-pastor-involved-in-fatal-scuffle
The current sheriff of the county was shot during a routine traffic stop ten~ years ago. These are some snippets- Less than a month after accepting the pastorate at Darden Baptist, Wyatt was involved in a shooting incident that nearly took his life. At the time he was an officer with the Parsons Police Department.
Wyatt was shot after pulling over a car with a missing taillight. He recognized the driver as someone who had been reported in an illegal incident earlier in the day. Wyatt was shot and during the incident, his partner killed the shooter. http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3593
The main miracle of the shooting, Wyatt said, was the change in his partner and fellow officer, Darrell Drehman. After saving Wyatt's life, Drehman started attending church for the first time. Several weeks after the shooting, he made a profession of faith. A week later, Drehman was killed while working at a car accident. A telephone pole fell and struck him. (Really? A telephone pole fell and struck him, just like that?)
http://www.bpnews.net/printerfriendly.asp?ID=10074
Parsons woman missing for 12 years-
They've waited years for closure and there is still no sign of a missing Parsons woman. Kristie Baugus vanished in October of 1999. Now, more than a decade later the Decatur County Sheriff says the case has gone cold... Baugus was reportedly last seen with her boyfriend who was shot and killed by a Parson's police officer less than a month after she vanished. Authorities said Michael Pearcy shot at an officer during a routine traffic stop in November of 1999 and died after that officer's partner returned fire.
At the time, Pearcy was wanted for questioning in both the death of a Decaturville tow boat worker and the disappearance of a woman. We don't know at this time if that woman was Baugus.
Channel 4 asked the current Decatur County Sheriff if Pearcy was ever a suspect in Baugus' disappearance, but he was not able to provide those details of the case. The sheriff says while Baugus' case has now gone cold, it's not closed. If someone comes forward with new leads, he says they'll look into it. (So let's get this straight. A young woman goes missing, a man who is rumored to be her boyfriend is widely suspected. He gets pulled over on a traffic violation, shoots the officer (current county sheriff and a preacher) and is then shot and killed by another officer. The officer who shot the suspect suddenly finds religion and is then killed while investigating an accident, by a telephone pole falling on him. The officer who was shot eventually becomes the sheriff, but he has no interest in pursuing an investigation into the incident which led to him being shot and fighting for his life? He is content on believing that he was shot because the suspect didn't want to be stopped because of a broken taillight?) Yea okay..............)
http://www.wsmv.com/story/15653415/still-no-sign-of-missing-parsons-woman-12-years-later
These are the ones that have a paper trail, if I was to start running with rumors, there are other incidents like these that have just skated on through the system without anybody being any the wiser. I stand by the statements I have made before on this line of thinking, there are divergent agendas at play in HB's case and very possibly some people have interests that have nothing to do with HB, but everything to do with her investigation.
Ever wonder why this case is very strange? Why the TBI bottled it up immediately? Why every part of known info in this case has a completely alternate version? Why did members of the local drug task force admit to using confiscated items for their personal use and received no punishment? Who is the DA who asked the governor for a reward again? http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/aug/17/theft-drug-use-24th-judicial-task-force-report-say/
Another little oddity that slipped through the cracks was a report within the first couple weeks of this case, where MSM said they had new info on HB's case and during the broadcast, this is what they offered-
Here are the cases that authorities are now taking a look at as a possibility of being connected in some way.
1. Disappearance and double murder of 14 yr old Carla Atkins and 16 yr old Vicky Stout. (September ?, 1980, Dover, TN)
2. Disappearance of 17 yr old Martha Leeann Green (April 15, 1987, Dickson, TN)
3. Disappearance of 33 yr old Shelia Fay Bradford (June 22, 1992, Camden, TN)
4. Disappearance of 20 yr old Holly Bobo (April 13, 2011, Darden, TN)
All cases have similarities and were all within a one hour drive of each other. (The original link was broken but I did find a thread on this site that mentioned the content of the article. I find it interesting to note LE didn't try to make a connection to the very local missing and suspicious murder cases, even though they already claimed that they believed the perp is somebody within the community. Hmm I wonder what the agenda is behind that? Maybe this case isn't just about HB? Maybe HB investigation is a tool for other avenues of investigation? I hate to even have to wonder about that, especially so early on in the investigation.)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-140107.html

Frogzilla, is your theory that someone disappeared Holly because she knew too much and the person may be connected to LE?

I agree with you regarding TC, btw. IMO, TC was getting too close for comfort and someone insured he was stopped. Interesting that they raided his home around the time when he posted he was going to do a reenactment of the crime scene. Yes some think he's a nut job but these are things that make you go hmmmmm.....

What did he know and who was he going to implicate? He may have gone about it the wrong way but imo, I think he really wanted to help find Holly. Perhaps the reward money was an incentive .....or maybe he just thought there was something fishy about her case and the further he explored the more he uncovered. JMO:moo:

Well, they sure showed that ol' TC a thing or two. Wish they'd show a thing or two toward actually solving Holly's case.

As stated before, IMO, the pastors/sheriff run the town and every person in it. I knew the pastor who punched the father-of-the-bride would skate and he did. It is my opinion that these types have way too much power and no accountability. I imagine video cams are rare there and cell towers are scarce. This leaves opportunity for many things to happen and be covered up. Afterall, who in the community is going to think a pastor/sheriff could do harm? IMO, they don't like outsiders meddling in their domain.

I wish we had access to Tony C.'s records...darn shame he was run out of town. Most of us knew it was just a matter of time. A reenactment is exactly what is needed.

Frogzilla, is your theory that someone disappeared Holly because she knew too much and the person may be connected to LE?

I agree with you regarding TC, btw. IMO, TC was getting too close for comfort and someone insured he was stopped. Interesting that they raided his home around the time when he posted he was going to do a reenactment of the crime scene. Yes some think he's a nut job but these are things that make you go hmmmmm.....

What did he know and who was he going to implicate? He may have gone about it the wrong way but imo, I think he really wanted to help find Holly. Perhaps the reward money was an incentive .....or maybe he just thought there was something fishy about her case and the further he explored the more he uncovered. JMO:moo:
My theory is basically that HB's abduction and the subsequent investigations were not synchronized. IMO there is a distinct separation in what happened to HB (a local predator was probably familiar with her and thought she would be an ideal target, purely selfish perp(s)) and her investigation (shhhhhhhhh and denial). I think somebody saw an opportunity to take HB and did, but the investigation didn't play out like one would think. This case hit a wall within the first few weeks and LE's hands seemingly were tied. You know the old saying, give somebody an inch and they will take a mile. Well I believe that a certain group has been giving out inches like they are candy for a long time and HB ended up along some uncharted stretch of miles. Now I also believe other groups were invited into the situation, and not by the requester's personal preference. This group has a much broader agenda than the other group and naturally, their interests are not compatible. One had to be pushed to the side to make room for the other. In this type of situation, you have diverging agendas.
One sequence of events naturally leads to another, cause and effect. When your cause does not naturally lead into the expected effect, it will make one take pause. My last post was to highlight this aspect. It seems this area has a history of causes that lead into no effect, a vicious cycle if you will.
In regards to TC, let's stop beating around the bush and get right to it. Who could he have been in contact with that could hinder the investigation? I have my suspicions and I have no interest in saying it aloud, nor do I expect any direct responses to this query, just something to ponder.

Okay, then, without rumors, what do we know about any new searches? Are there organized searches happening soon and if so, how do we know this? Is it the rumor mill, or other source? Anything to tell us the case is newly newly rejuvenated, other than local word of mouth, etc.?

LOL-thats enough to keep me out of the river even if they do just lay on the bottom. I sure hope that isn't why they are searching there now.

The catfish pictures are fake or posed. The underwater one is just an out and out fake. The one with the two fish laid out is set up in such a way that the camera lens makes them look huge. A big catfish is about 4 feet long. Hardly a man eater.

The catfish pictures are fake or posed. The underwater one is just an out and out fake. The one with the two fish laid out is set up in such a way that the camera lens makes them look huge. A big catfish is about 4 feet long. Hardly a man eater.

Wikipedia
Catfish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Catfish have one of the greatest ranges in size within a single order of bony fish.[7] Many catfish have a maximum length of under 12 cm.[5] Some of the smallest species of Aspredinidae and Trichomycteridae reach sexual maturity at only 1 centimetre (0.39 in).[6]

The wels catfish, Silurus glanis, is the only native catfish species of Europe, besides the much smaller related Aristotle's catfish found in Greece. Mythology and literature record wels catfish of astounding proportions, yet to be proven scientifically. The average size of the species is about 1.2–1.6 m (3.9–5.2 ft), and fish more than 2 metres (6.6 ft) are very rare. The largest specimens on record measure more than 2.5 metres (8.2 ft) in length and sometimes exceeded 100 kilograms (220 lb).

The largest Ictalurus furcatus, caught in the Missouri River on July 20, 2010, weighed 130 pounds (59 kg). The largest flathead catfish, Pylodictis olivaris, ever caught was in Independence, Kansas, weighing 123 lb 9 oz (56.0 kg). In July 2009, a catfish weighing 193 pounds was caught in the River Ebro, Spain, by an 11-year old British schoolgirl.[20] However, these records pale in comparison to a giant Mekong catfish caught in northern Thailand on May 1, 2005 and reported to the press almost 2 months later that weighed 293 kilograms (650 lb). This is the largest giant Mekong catfish caught since Thai officials started keeping records in 1981.[21] The giant Mekong catfish are not well studied since they live in developing countries and it is quite possible that they can grow even larger."

Okay, then, without rumors, what do we know about any new searches? Are there organized searches happening soon and if so, how do we know this? Is it the rumor mill, or other source? Anything to tell us the case is newly newly rejuvenated, other than local word of mouth, etc.?

HOLLY BOBO: Foot Search Scheduled 7/14

http://www.wbbjtv.com/younews/161858975.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members