TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link to an article that references two other articles about the car and clothing. I believe it is stated the car was 12 miles from Holly's house--not sure in which direction.
That link's contents indicate a very strong reason never to take the Examiner seriously. Note the paragraph following the second boldfaced item, the one after "Update." Other than the word "authorities" there is no attribution whatsoever in the lede of the original post. That sort of information - even when corrected - bestows false knowledge and thus hinders logical understanding of actual events. It lays a false trail. It lingers odiously.

That link's contents indicate a very strong reason never to take the Examiner seriously. Note the paragraph following the second boldfaced item, the one after "Update." Other than the word "authorities" there is no attribution whatsoever in the lede of the original post. That sort of information - even when corrected - bestows false knowledge and thus hinders logical understanding of actual events. It lays a false trail. It lingers odiously.

BBM - aka "dead reckoning".

Who runs The Examiner?

I'm sorry I'm a newbie here and just weighing in on this......I wouldn't care who was dragging my sister ANYWHERE, I'd certainly be the first one out to investigate....Even if I did think that it was her boyfriend, I'd still want to know why the HECK he was handling my sister in that manner. Something's fishy here.

I'm sorry I'm a newbie here and just weighing in on this......I wouldn't care who was dragging my sister ANYWHERE, I'd certainly be the first one out to investigate....Even if I did think that it was her boyfriend, I'd still want to know why the HECK he was handling my sister in that manner. Something's fishy here.

WELCOME :rocker:

A very good point, and it is also what a TON of people had trouble with as the original story made national news originally. One of the main points of contention (along those same lines) was why would he call his Mom and bother her while she was teaching at school to ask her who was there at the house when he could have walked right out there and see for himself.

Many questions with no answers.

And this is just the type of thing that has made this case so perplexing + frustrating !!!

I am posting this, because to me, Holly is a sister. She was only 2 steps away from being a fellow nurse.

If you know a nurse, or if you are one, you know that most of us have a very deep bond for each other, even for nurses we have never met, such as Holly.

I am having trouble getting the video from my tv, to my cell phone. I am going to refer back to my user manual, and try again.

In the meantime, I did post 3 pictures I took of my tv screen during playback.

I will be mortified with embarrassment if this video was taken long ago, however, I never heard of any pink purse, and given the new search this coming weekend, I don't believe that Fox17 was re-running an old video.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1309

Please let me know if that link doesn't work.

You know, it would be so hard to still be searching in the woods. On one hand, you want to find her for closure....on the other, you certainly don't want to find her in a bad way in the woods somewhere - to actually have to see that would be devastating.... The best case scenario would be to find her safe and sound....praying that they do....but it's not looking too good is it?

I am posting this, because to me, Holly is a sister. She was only 2 steps away from being a fellow nurse.

If you know a nurse, or if you are one, you know that most of us have a very deep bond for each other, even for nurses we have never met, such as Holly.

I am having trouble getting the video from my tv, to my cell phone. I am going to refer back to my user manual, and try again.

I will be mortified with embarrassment if this video was taken long ago, however, I never heard of any pink purse, and given the new search this coming weekend, I don't believe that Fox17 was re-running an old video.

Thanks for the pics, Karen! Good to see you are a fellow animal lover!!
Oh my. That 3rd picture...how in the world will they find anything? That river is huge! Was there a tip that lead to them picking that particular spot to dive?

I will be mortified with embarrassment if this video was taken long ago, however, I never heard of
any pink purse, and given the new search this coming weekend, I don't believe that Fox17 was re-running an old video.

Hi Karen Ann!(Hey,Oriah..I was looking for your name in this article on tracking dogs.Do you know Alexander?)

Karen Ann thank-you,for your heartfelt affection for Holly. Everyone on this thread wants her home. We will not give up. We need you ....do not leave.
Fox17
Search Dogs Search for More Cases - John Dunn
Mon, 9 Jul 2012 22:46:27 CDT

On tree-lined trails, in a vast national forest, search teams are looking for a missing man. 66 year old Keith Bush was last seen on a park bench.

"And he just sat down on the bench and he just walked off," says brother Woody Bush.

Over 200 people searched by land and by air for over 72 hours. Keith Bush, who has Alzheimer's, was feared dead, but then hope arrived on scene.

Alexander has an 8 year old bloodhound with a nose for the lost. It didn't take long. What man couldn't accomplish in 3 days, Zuke did in 22 minutes. Keith Bush was found alive and airlifted to a hospital.

"If it wasn't for Carl and his dogs, my brother never would have been found alive," says Woody Bush.

"To find somebody alive, there is no better," says Alexander.

Alexander has a team of 14 dogs and 12 volunteers.

"We're always on a search somewhere," says Alexander.
<snipped>

Bottoms has used the team on several cases. He's been reviewing their numerous certifications, and has recently written a letter to the TBI recommending that this free resource be used across the state.

"You know I have a philosophy," says Bottoms. "When you've got a bad situation, you need all the expertise you can get."

The team has made some inroads. On this day, they're searching for Holly Bobo in Decatur County. Carl Alexander knows if his team is called, more people will be found.

"But I believe if you have a missing person and you do call us, you'll continue to call us," says Carl.

Keith Bush's brother says the dogs were an answer to prayer. Kentucky has already figured out who to call. He believes Tennessee will too.

"If you need someone found, and found quick, Carl and his dogs can do it," says Woody Bush.

Regardless, Zuke will keep sniffing. There's a trail to be followed. Someone lost needs to be found.*

The Alexander Bloodhound Search and Rescue Team doesn't charge any money for the work it does. Instead, the team invests thousands of dollars of its own money each year. Carl says his payment is finding people alive, and helping to solve cases.*

Link(video)
http://m.fox17.com/news/Search_Dogs_Search_for_More_Cases_-_John_Dunn

Thanks for the pics, Karen! Good to see you are a fellow animal lover!!
Oh my. That 3rd picture...how in the world will they find anything? That river is huge! Was there a tip that lead to them picking that particular spot to dive?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. The Tennessee is pretty impressive. Not as much as the Mississippi, but still pretty impressive. Rumors of catfish big enough to swallow a man lay on the bottom around the bridge pillars. Bridge inspectors reported asked for shark cages before they would go back in. Can't vouch that its true though.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. The Tennessee is pretty impressive. Not as much as the Mississippi, but still pretty impressive. Rumors of catfish big enough to swallow a man lay on the bottom around the bridge pillars. Bridge inspectors reported asked for shark cages before they would go back in. Can't vouch that its true though.

I think it is! OMG! http://frontiersofzoology.blogspot.com/2012/03/even-more-on-giant-catfish.html
Scroll down to the 2nd picture!

To all of you, thank you for your kind words.

I wanted to take a sec to reply to the question re: Fox17 - Search Dogs Search for More Cases - John Dunn - Mon, 9 Jul 2012 22:46:27 CDT

I read that yesterday, and thought "huh?" I suppose that could have been them.

Now back to working on the audio/video.

Image of the creek approximately 8 miles from the Bobo residence where Holly's white lunch_____ was located days after her abduction. (_______ next to lunch is obviously so that each can fill in the blank with what they want to call the container which was located with her Lunch still inside)
lunch-box-creek.230.jpg

http://newsblaze.com/pix/2011/0422/pix/lunch-box-creek.230.jpg

Karen you can upload the video from your phone to YouTube, Flickr, or any other site of the like.. if you don't have an account with any its free and only takes a sec to create an account.. from there it will give you step by step directions of exactly how to upload the cell phone video to the site.. once its uploaded to one of those sites then all you have to do is copy/paste the link into a post here inHollys thread, by which all of us simply have to click on the link and it will allow each ofus to see the uploaded video..

Do you have a gmail or yahoo acct as that's all that's needed(gmail-YouTube and yahoo-Flickr)?

I can't hardly believe it, I finally got it. It took a whole day, phrew ! Glad that is over.

NCISMS I hope this link will work for you.

Smooth, thank you SO much for that photo (and help.) It's SO GOOD when we can actually see something that we read about !

TN RIVER SEARCH - JULY 2012 - HOLLY BOBO - YouTube

Thanks for the video Karen Anne!

Dana mentions Holly's keys and camera. I wonder if he or LE will release more info re: what type of keychain, if any, and what brand of camera. I'm hoping the details will get even more specific. And what brand of purse, if known.

Thanks for the video Karen Anne!

Dana mentions Holly's keys and camera. I wonder if he or LE will release more info re: what type of keychain, if any, and what brand of camera. I'm hoping the details will get even more specific. And what brand of purse, if known.

I am glad Dana has stepped up to share some information. I wonder why it took a year though and whether LE knew he was going to share it. Yes, it certainly would be helpful to have more details about those items. In Sierra Lamar's case the type of bag, brand, color, was released right away. Why is Holly's case so different? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Somberlicous