TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there are many cases like this, having an adult witness. Also, in the cases of other missing women, without a witness, it is difficult to say if the circumstances were similar. I am also kind of leaning toward Holly knowing her abductor in some way, on some level.

There are plenty of missing women, especially in TN, but many have POI's in the shape of exes, or else they headed out someplace and never returned. So it is almost impossible, IMO, to try to determine a pattern that would include Holly.

I agree Clu.....this abduction is so atypical. I keep thinking the family has to have an idea about who did this. But when I see Karen, she seems empty, like she has no idea.

Why can't LE give us more? They won't even verify what we think we know.

I read a profiler that said when an abductor leaves personal items belonging to the victim so they can be found, it usually indicates the abductor intends to leave the victim alive, at least for a specified time.

I read a profiler that said when an abductor leaves personal items belonging to the victim so they can be found, it usually indicates the abductor intends to leave the victim alive, at least for a specified time.
Oh how I wish this was my experience. Not saying he's wrong, just saying personally, I haven't been that lucky.

The original version of events was that the woman who lives a house over heard a scream and called HB's mom. That's how I remember first hearing it for what it's worth.

Also I remember hearing that the same woman's son lives in a trailer on her property. It seems to me that much later in the case, the son was inserted into the story as someone who drove up the Bobo driveway and detained Clint in some way.

Me no like grown men who live in trailers on their mother's property. I'm more of a city girl I guess.

Not directed at you, Woe.be.gone, just jumping off your post.

I think what needs to happen here is that this needs to be linked up. Doesn't Holly have a Media thread where the links are easy to find?

It is late in the game to still have 2 or 3 different versions of what happened that morning and who heard what. Someone please provide the link that gives the description of what happened.

Thanks,

Salem

Oh how I wish this was my experience. Not saying he's wrong, just saying personally, I haven't been that lucky.

I've tried to hold onto that statement during Holly's case...just hoping and praying that she is out there alive somewhere. But I know that's highly unlikely.
BTW, it was Dayle Hinman who said that statement.

Not directed at you, Woe.be.gone, just jumping off your post.

I think what needs to happen here is that this needs to be linked up. Doesn't Holly have a Media thread where the links are easy to find?

It is late in the game to still have 2 or 3 different versions of what happened that morning and who heard what. Someone please provide the link that gives the description of what happened.

Thanks,

Salem

I just spent an hour trying to search some links from early in this case....and most of the articles are gone now. Its making it difficult to prove what we remember.

Okay - here is a link I just found that says CW's son heard a scream, told his mother, his mother called Holly's mom: http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...econstruct-time-before-Holly-Bobo-s-abduction

This is a pretty good breakdown of what happened that morning.

The article is linked in Holly's media thread: TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted during home invasion *Media Links* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hope that helps!

Salem

We just needed an expert to come along and help us out! Thanks Salem!

There is some good stuff in that media thread :) Imamaze has done an EXCELLENT job with that thread.

What I don't see though (and maybe one of you sleuths want to tackle this) is a timeline (with links) that goes through that morning. It would be nice to have one of those. Also maps of where Holly disappeared, where some of her stuff was found and anything else of importance.

Just some ideas for pulling some things together so that they are at your finger tips when sleuthing this case.

Salem

Gotta run, dinner is done and I'm hungray!!!!

The original version of events was that the woman who lives a house over heard a scream and called HB's mom. That's how I remember first hearing it for what it's worth.

Also I remember hearing that the same woman's son lives in a trailer on her property. It seems to me that much later in the case, the son was inserted into the story as someone who drove up the Bobo driveway and detained Clint in some way.

Me no like grown men who live in trailers on their mother's property. I'm more of a city girl I guess.

Where did this information come from? :waitasec: I don't remember any of this? Link please! :blowkiss:

There is some good stuff in that media thread :) Imamaze has done an EXCELLENT job with that thread.

What I don't see though (and maybe one of you sleuths want to tackle this) is a timeline (with links) that goes through that morning. It would be nice to have one of those. Also maps of where Holly disappeared, where some of her stuff was found and anything else of importance.

Just some ideas for pulling some things together so that they are at your finger tips when sleuthing this case.

Salem

Gotta run, dinner is done and I'm hungray!!!!

How do I jump to this media thread you describe?

Ok, if ever there was a case to point out the importance of taking sreeenshots of articles and saving them, geesh.

I went back over the highlights and just started jotting down notes. It's been months and months since I've followed Holly's thread closely.

Here's what sticks out to me, perhaps these are quickly answered?

Connections to Whitney Duncan her cousin? They looked similar, possible someone "wanted" Duncan but couldn't get her, so went after the cousin who looks similar?

Are there video interviews of Clint's initial statements or just written conflicts?

Was info on the blood in the carport ever disclosed?

4.15.11 reported there are reports of a car found with camo clothes and phone in it, then it's said there was no such thing (how did that happen?)

4.25.11 reported phone found along hwy near school

5.10.11 it is reported that over Easter Wknd a hotel key card was found along with another significant item. Was it disclosed ever what the other item was? Where this was found? What hotel? What direction?

1.17.12 it's reported that a search warrant is executed for Jerry Calbrese of Tactical Search and Rescue in Ohio. What did he have?

2.27.12 reported that a 3 day search with mounted patrol from an Alabama SO goes out and there is evidence found. What?

Ok, if ever there was a case to point out the importance of taking sreeenshots of articles and saving them, geesh.

I went back over the highlights and just started jotting down notes. It's been months and months since I've followed Holly's thread closely.

Here's what sticks out to me, perhaps these are quickly answered?

Connections to Whitney Duncan her cousin? They looked similar, possible someone "wanted" Duncan but couldn't get her, so went after the cousin who looks similar?

Are there video interviews of Clint's initial statements or just written conflicts?

Was info on the blood in the carport ever disclosed?

4.15.11 reported there are reports of a car found with camo clothes and phone in it, then it's said there was no such thing (how did that happen?)

4.25.11 reported phone found along hwy near school

5.10.11 it is reported that over Easter Wknd a hotel key card was found along with another significant item. Was it disclosed ever what the other item was? Where this was found? What hotel? What direction?

1.17.12 it's reported that a search warrant is executed for Jerry Calbrese of Tactical Search and Rescue in Ohio. What did he have?

2.27.12 reported that a 3 day search with mounted patrol from an Alabama SO goes out and there is evidence found. What?

I'll try my best to answer the questions from what I know following this case. If you need links to back up what I say, unfortunately I can't right now but can look for them later.

Also, one of our members did post a fabulous timeline, IIRC, it was Smooth but I can't be sure so again, will try to locate it later.

1) Yes there was quite a bit of discussion about the possibility that the target may have been the country singer cousin but IIRC, it was dismissed because she does not live in Darden/Parsons and it was believed by the family and law enforcement that the perp was a local thereby giving the assumption that a local would know it was the Bobo's home and not the country singer. That said, IIRC, the country singer cousin's parents do or did live in the area. They look similar but so do many of the girls we've seen pictures of Holly with. Blonde and pretty girls. Perhaps this is an angle we can relook at but I think we may be spinning our wheels.

2) There are both written and verbal statements made by Clint. Links vary from articles in the Tennessean, Jackson Sun and interviews done by Jane Velez Mitchell, and the online talk radio show where people called in with questions. (sorry I don't recall the name of that show). Someone posted a link to the audio earlier but IIRC, there are 2 parts to the show. IIRC, that was one of the earlier interviews done in April 2011. The most revealing part of that interview was that Clint was not supposed to be home that morning.

3) The blood in the carport was finally confirmed by Holly's dad that it was indeed Holly's blood. IIRC, it was a JVM show. It was never confirmed by LE.

4) The hotel key is considered rumour. It was never confirmed by the family nor LE. The locals are the ones who disclosed that information. IIRC, one of the volunteer searchers confirmed it but again, it was never confirmed by family nor LE

5) A search warrant was issued for TC's home because people thought he was too involved in Holly's case and pretended to be part of a SAR team. The police took his computers but there was never any follow up. We don't know what happened to him. I don't think he was arrested. There are articles about him and some of his statements by him regarding this case. He claims he never intended to mislead and was only trying to help find Holly.

6) There are conflicting reports regarding the Alabama search. It was initially stated a significant find but later some articles said nothing was found. So again, we're left wondering if anything was found.

IMO, the 3 major clues in this case from the little we do know and confirmed are:

1) Clint Bobo was not supposed to be home that morning.

2) It was Holly's blood in the carport.

3) Holly's dad just recently (about a month ago) revealed that Holly's pink purse is still missing. The purse contained a camera.

HTH

I'll try to locate links and videos when I have more time but as you know some are no longer available and we may have to rely either on cached versions or discussions by our members here who watched or read the articles.

One more thing I wanted to add and this is just a perception on my part because others have said that even though we are not told that searches are done it doesn't mean they weren't being done.

Within the last couple of months there have been more 'visible' searches being done by CUE and South East K-9 Search and Rescue where they ask for volunteers. Specific searches for specific areas and specific times.

As far as I know the areas searched or what areas have been eliminated have not been revealed to the public.

Thread #33 Post #449.

I don't know how to do a single post capture so I'm copying and pasting.

----------

SmoothOperator
Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each Join Date: Jul 2010

Here's my old timeline
4:30am*Holly awoke to study for an exam @8am. She studied in her room, alone, on her bed, and with the door shut..(time verified only via Holly's telling her mom later that morning)

5:30am*Dana stops at Holly's bedroom door and speaks to Holly thru her closed door asking did she need any money. She replies yes and he leaves it for her on kitchen counter.

5:35am*Dana leaves for work.

5:35am*Karen awoke and went into Holly's room to speak with her. Holly was studying on her bed.

Just shy of 7:00am*Holly is now studying at the kitchen table. Karen packs Holly's lunch and puts her breakfast in the microwave.

7:00am*Karen leaves to go to work(26 min travel time to work)

7:00am*Hannah calls Holly from her home landline on Holly's cell.. Holly indicates she is going to eat her breakfast and put her shoes on to leave.

Almost 7:30am*Holly's at the kitchen table studying when she receives a call from Drew. He proceeds to tell her of the cousin not recognizing him and wasn't giving permission for he and his dad to hunt on her grandma's 60acres located across the county.

7:30-7:35am*A flurry of calls take place between Holly, Drew, and Karen discussing the incident of Drew's not being recognized to hunt grandma's property.

7:35am*Karen speaks to Holly for the last time via cell phone.<Noted that Clint was still in bed asleep.>.

7:40am*James Barnes(neighbor to the south)Hears a scream from the Bobo's house. He alerts his mom(who lived there as well) and then left for work.

Around 7:40am*Cathy Wise(James' mom) calls Karen at school amd leaves her a msg in the office.

7:45am*Karen receives the neighbor's msg while in the school cafeteria.

7:50am*Clint is awakened by the dog barking. He looks out the window and sees no unfamiliar vehicles, but does see Holly's car. This prompts him to call mom as he'd already looked around and knew Holly was not in the home. He says his call was to ask if Holly had received a ride to school or did not have school that day. Mom's phone is in her classroom so he gets no answer.

At some point AFTER 7:50am* mom after receiving neighbor's msg she uses library phone to call home. Clint tells mom that Holly's car is still home. Mom immediately hangs up and calls 911(routed to Henderson Co)

7:50am*After the call Clint looks out the kitchen window and sees his sister and who he believed to be Drew casually walking towards the woods. This prompts him to call Holly's cell. It rings 5 times and goes to voicemail. He then calls Drew's phone.. It rings 5 times and goes to voicemail.<Noted that this assures Clint that Holly/Drew were indeed together with neither answering their cell phone.>.

7:55am*Karen again calls home with Clint relaying he'd just seen Holly/Drew walking towards the woods. Mom immediately tells Clint that is NOT DREW.call 911.Mom then tells Clint to get a gun and go after the man! Mom immediately hangs up and calls 911 a second time.*<Noted that at this time mom still HAD NOT told Clint that Drew had been on the other side of the county hunting.. THO THAT WAS MUCH EARLIER BUT FACT WAS CLINT STATED AT THAT TIME HE STILL BELIEVED IT TO BE DREW.

8:00am*Clint with loaded gun leaves out the backdoor of the residence, walks thru the open garage attached to the house. He sees a puddle of blood near Holly's car. *<Noted that even at this point Clint was still NOT alarmed, still believed it was Drew, and the blood was from a turkey(tho clearly no turkey in site)>.

About 8:00am*Clint walked towards the woods when Cathy Wise pulls up the driveway( James who heard the scream's mother)*<Noted that the school secretary told Cathy to go to the Bobo home to check> Cathy proceeds to tell Clint about the screams she had heard just some 15-20mins prior.[I personally noted that it does state that "she" heard the scream(s), but could just be the author's choice in words and not meaning it that "she" actually heard the scream(s)] *<Noted it is at this point that Clint becomes alarmed for the first time> .

About 8:00am*Clint calls 911 at the same time as he heard the engines rev of the quickly approaching patrol cars onto their Swan Johnson Rd. *<Noted that Clint states that the first officers were on the scene IN LESS THAN 10 mins from the time that he saw his sister/male walking towards the woods>

8:00am*Drew is at his job in Parsons

8:00am-ish*Mom arrives home with Terrie Bromley from school.

8:30am*Dana arrives back home.

Also, noteworthy, imo

There have been 3 RSO arrests mentioned in MSM as possibly being connected to Holly's case. No follow up or confirmation by LE that the 3 were involved.

Open Line: It was August 2011

Part 1:

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/...olly Bobo Disappearance Part 1&vt1=v&at1=News - Special Coverage&d1=583900&LaunchPageAdTag=Search Results&activePane=info&rnd=56942483

Part 2:

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/...olly Bobo Disappearance Part 2&vt1=v&at1=News - Special Coverage&d1=712966&LaunchPageAdTag=Search Results&activePane=info&rnd=97200887

http://www.newschannel5.com/search?vendor=ez&qu=holly+bobo&searchtype=Video

Dana Bobo confirming the blood was Holly's. Clint describes that morning. JVM transcripts (scroll down after Warren Jeffs coverage)

D. BOBO: Yes, they did tell us -- after a few weeks they did tell us that that blood did belong to our daughter. And as far as the lunch bag found that far away and some more stuff, I believe that was just more likely thrown out for a decoy. Might be to lead them away from where that really went, maybe.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html

thanks for this. i'm still hung up on a neighbor who is at least 1/4 mile away (according to the scale on the google map) hearing a scream loudly and clearly enough to arouse suspicion but cb not hearing anything. i'm not doubting his story or the neighbor's, just pointing out that the two don't seem to make sense.

also, does anyone know based on that google map where the hunting trail she was lead down is located? is it the dirt trail that goes around the pond south of their house? i'm interested in where the perp could have parked to get out of the area within twenty minutes but not end up leaving discernable tire tracks (as far as le has reported - my assumption being we'd have a bolo for a certain type of truck if they had found tracks).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member