TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory is that this is someone she know well who has reason to be upset with her (that morning) and during the fight takes her property to punish her by making her ability to get to class difficult.--- Then after they are out of sight the fight escalates.

Otherwise, the brother is spot on with his first statement that she was "dragged" and was told by someone in TBI to leave that part out. (Just reading how in Elizabeth Smart the authorities did not reveal that the ill sister did not really get a good look at the guy).

In sum, this is someone she knows REAL WELL and the perp had assistance afterwards with disposing the evidence from someone VERY CLOSE TO HIM who knew he was irate that morning.

IMO the reason her classmates and mother were so distraught is bec the perp had previously made specific threat and an upset Holly made them aware of it.

Lots of victims go off with their attacker for a variety of reasons. I don't see this as any different. Especially if she was injured/stunned. To me its the obvious explaination. Not that she was going to look for keys, get her cell phone, or that she even knew the suspect.

The thing about revenge crimes is that they are usually obvious and with some well known motivation. The person who commits such a crime is known/well known to the victim and/or the victims family, friends, etc. The fact that no known person with any motive to harm Holly has ever been proven to exist outside of the realm of places like Topix etc. I have not put much stock in that theory. I can't believe if this were some sort of revenge crime ( same thing with jealous ex boyfriend, etc.) that no one would say hey why not look at XYZ. Revenge crimes aren't committed by anonymous people that know one knows about. I am not sure how many abductions are revenge crimes. Usually they (to me) seem more like brutal on the spot murders. Like the victim opens the front door and gets blasted with a shot gun.

IMO the reason her classmates and mother were so distraught is bec the perp had previously made specific threat and an upset Holly made them aware of it.

again if such a person existed and made threats toward Holly how come no one has ever mentioned this mysterious person in the last year and a half? If Karen knew that a specific person was threatening Holly, why would she, and everone else, go about generic things like passing out flyers, searching the woods in the afternoon, etc.? That (to me) makes no sense. They would be naming names. And there are TONS of crimes where LE may not make any statements about who did it, but the victims friends and family speak out very loudly about potential suspects. Lauren Spierer's family, along with Brittnee Drexel's mom have named names and spoken out against specific people in those cases, for example.

Read above, #433.

These are essentially guesses, the second post (#499) counter-intuitive, based on factors like hour of the day and the risk involved in a kidnapping from the victim's home. Taking Holly from her home may have been meant to deliver a particular message, or as a form of ultimate insult.[/QUOTE]

BBM-those are the words that describe it best. That's what I was looking for in my post above.

Yes, I am fairly certain that a woman who was injured, resulting in blood loss, would not blithely follow the man who injured her into the woods, for any reason. The Pied Piper this guy was not.

Clint, stated that Holly walked arm in arm into the woods with the abductor.
This would indicate that she was compliant and in fear for her life or others, imo.

http://crime.about.com/b/2008/03/24/meredith-emerson-fought-hard-to-survive.htm

Meredith Emerson Fought Hard to Survive
(snipped)

He waited for her to head back down the trail before he attacked her with a military-style knife.

Hilton demanded that Emerson give him her ATM card, but she immediately fought back, grabbing the knife blade and a baton Hilton had. "She wouldn't stop," Hilton told investigators. "She wouldn't stop fighting. And yelling at the same time. So I needed to both control her and silence her."

Hilton punched her hard. Blackening both of her eyes and probably breaking her nose, but Emerson continued to fight back. He said he calmed her down by telling her that all he wanted was her credit card and PIN number.

He finally managed to get her back down the trail and he put her and her dog Ella into his van. For the next three days, Emerson bought herself time over the next three days by giving Hilton the wrong PIN numbers.

We Didn't Get There in Time

"That's the one thing that broke my heart in this case," GBI agent Clay Bridges told the newspaper. "She was doing everything she was supposed to do to stay alive, and we didn't get there in time."

Clint, stated that Holly walked arm in arm into the woods with the abductor.
This would indicate that she was compliant and in fear for her life or others, imo.

http://crime.about.com/b/2008/03/24/meredith-emerson-fought-hard-to-survive.htm

Meredith Emerson Fought Hard to Survive
(snipped)

He waited for her to head back down the trail before he attacked her with a military-style knife.

Hilton demanded that Emerson give him her ATM card, but she immediately fought back, grabbing the knife blade and a baton Hilton had. "She wouldn't stop," Hilton told investigators. "She wouldn't stop fighting. And yelling at the same time. So I needed to both control her and silence her."

Hilton punched her hard. Blackening both of her eyes and probably breaking her nose, but Emerson continued to fight back. He said he calmed her down by telling her that all he wanted was her credit card and PIN number.

He finally managed to get her back down the trail and he put her and her dog Ella into his van. For the next three days, Emerson bought herself time over the next three days by giving Hilton the wrong PIN numbers.

We Didn't Get There in Time

"That's the one thing that broke my heart in this case," GBI agent Clay Bridges told the newspaper. "She was doing everything she was supposed to do to stay alive, and we didn't get there in time."

Clint stated she walked arm in arm with him? Am I missing something?

A thought occurred to me that if a/the perp was there with Holly for 20 minutes before taking her, more than likely, it was someone she knew and was arguing with. It would be a really bad perp that argued with Holly for 20 minutes about kidnapping her, a stranger who had planned this crime would most likely be in a hurry to nab her. IMO, this was a culmination of an ongoing conflict with someone.

oooh you said it right there and someone decided to settle it once and for all. Now what would motivate something like that? I can only think of a couple of things and it's a bad breakup, a relationship that was on and off and Holly was the one who stopped it,or someone who was deeply in love with Holly and she wasn't the least bit interested.

/That's my two choices and I know we can't go there.

Read above, #433.

These are essentially guesses, the second post (#499) counter-intuitive, based on factors like hour of the day and the risk involved in a kidnapping from the victim's home. Taking Holly from her home may have been meant to deliver a particular message, or as a form of ultimate insult.[/QUOTE]

BBM-those are the words that describe it best. That's what I was looking for in my post above.

The Bobo home was very secluded. The time of day that the abduction occurred was unusual unless she had been previously stalked. Imo, the DCSO shift time was also factored in the preplanned abduction, insuring a delayed response time.

If someone is doing something for revenge, they want it to be noted as such, usually. Not just do some anonymous act.

Clint stated she walked arm in arm with him? Am I missing something?

Kimster, did you watch the last episode of AMW that covered the Holly Bobo abduction? I think it was America's Most Wanted Episode 21.
Clint, describes in the video how Holly & the abductor walked into the woods on 04/13/2011..
Seems, I am having a difficult time locating this AMW episode video. I would apreciate it if anyone else could locate it.. TIA

If someone is doing something for revenge, they want it to be noted as such, usually. Not just do some anonymous act.
I don't think this was an anonymous act. I think there are very strong suspicions about who committed it.

No, I'm not saying I have strong suspicions, at least in terms of being able to name names, etc. I don't. But I do not live in the Parsons/Darden area.

The eerie silence emanating from those quarters may be because people are scared to say what they think.

Why make waves if a body is not found? This won't be prosecuted unless her body is found. Talking out of turn perhaps would be dangerous.

Long live those who search - it's the only way that can lead to justice in this case.

Kimster, did you watch the last episode of AMW that covered the Holly Bobo abduction? I think it was America's Most Wanted Episode 21.
Clint, describes in the video how Holly & the abductor walked into the woods on 04/13/2011..
Seems, I am having a difficult time locating this AMW episode video. I would apreciate it if anyone else could locate it.. TIA

Several of us searched for days earlier this summer to no avail.. If anyone happens to locate it at this point please post..

again if such a person existed and made threats toward Holly how come no one has ever mentioned this mysterious person in the last year and a half? If Karen knew that a specific person was threatening Holly, why would she, and everone else, go about generic things like passing out flyers, searching the woods in the afternoon, etc.? That (to me) makes no sense. They would be naming names. And there are TONS of crimes where LE may not make any statements about who did it, but the victims friends and family speak out very loudly about potential suspects. Lauren Spierer's family, along with Brittnee Drexel's mom have named names and spoken out against specific people in those cases, for example.

JMO, but who it is may very well be known, but with no evidence and a manufactured alibi there is nothing LE can do. I know the manufactured alibi can be be disputed, but it may lie completely with who is verifying the alibi. Family could unknowingly verify someones alibi if that someone tells them where they were, I was alone and I can't prove it, will you help me? Mr. Bobo says it's time to release the whole story and we've been told things are not the way they appear, and IIRC Mrs. Bobo has said recently that we don't know the whole story. There was no notification that the town had a possible rapist or kidnapper in the area. From the Sheriff there was no evidence to suggest Holly had left the area. That suggests to me that Holly was targeted and Holly was the only objective of the perpetrator and LE knew who the perpetrator was.

/Please forgive me of typos or if this doesn't make complete sense. New BP medicine and it's messing with me.

Ok, so I know that naming names is not OK on these threads....but has anyone thought of her being a victim of a serial killer? There is one person in particular that I feel they will find has a whole bunch of victims scattered around this country, he was recently killed by police in MO and human remains have been linked to him. Any thoughts? This individual was very charming and very very good at taking advantage of women. Is there any way to find out if he is a POI now that he has been identified?

Ok, so I know that naming names is not OK on these threads....but has anyone thought of her being a victim of a serial killer? There is one person in particular that I feel they will find has a whole bunch of victims scattered around this country, he was recently killed by police in MO and human remains have been linked to him. Any thoughts? This individual was very charming and very very good at taking advantage of women. Is there any way to find out if he is a POI now that he has been identified?
Have they actually confirmed those remains to be human? Very interesting possible theory, btw.

Indeed. That is exactly what I think also. Someone would want to accomplish this without being caught and still have everyone know they did it. That would be the ultimate insult to her family and Holly's memory. If I remember my classes correctly the perpetrator would feel like they have won some sort of battle that is manufactured and only exists in their mind. JMO

JMO, but who it is may very well be known, but with no evidence and a manufactured alibi there is nothing LE can do. I know the manufactured alibi can be be disputed, but it may lie completely with who is verifying the alibi. Family could unknowingly verify someones alibi if that someone tells them where they were, I was alone and I can't prove it, will you help me? Mr. Bobo says it's time to release the whole story and we've been told things are not the way they appear, and IIRC Mrs. Bobo has said recently that we don't know the whole story. There was no notification that the town had a possible rapist or kidnapper in the area. From the Sheriff there was no evidence to suggest Holly had left the area. That suggests to me that Holly was targeted and Holly was the only objective of the perpetrator and LE knew who the perpetrator was.

/Please forgive me of typos or if this doesn't make complete sense. New BP medicine and it's messing with me.

I agree completely. They know who it is.

For either one of two reasons: (1) The individual responsible is someone the mother cannot fathom could do such a thing, or (2) LE is telling them to continue the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne