TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh okay re:AMW episode being 2012..I didn't watch it and was only going by the title of the YouTube video.. It does state 4/20/2011 and that's what I was going by..

Btw I wonder why it's dated 2011?..guess it's just a mistake but there was actually a Holly Bobo segment on amv 4/2011.. Guess that's what confused me..

oh okay re:AMW episode being 2012..I didn't watch it and was only going by the title of the YouTube video.. It does state 4/20/2011 and that's what I was going by..

Btw I wonder why it's dated 2011?..guess it's just a mistake but there was actually a Holly Bobo segment on amv 4/2011.. Guess that's what confused me..

Don't know, SmoothOperator, but I remember a poster on HBB Prayers FB site videoed it and posted it back in April 2012.

Due to the confusion and speculation in Holly's abduction, the family wanted to set the story straight. Imo, the TBI has the same strategy as the GBI in GA and advises the missing person's family's to avoid the MS Media. After one year of false promises and hopes from investigators, the family decided to utilize the most valuable tool in missing person's investigations; the American public...imo

Why does everyone think the mom thought she knew who the perp was that morning. ?

Sorry, don't know about a link but somewhere it was said that when Karen got the call from the neighbor about screaming coming from their place she fell to her knees and was hysterical. Because of her reaction, some think that she may have known more than what was released such as who might have caused Holly to scream. At that point I don't think anyone knew who screamed but had someone threatened Holly in the past and Mom knew about it then Mom might have immediately assumed who it was. Oops...verging on rambling now!

Yes, it is frustrating that there is no replay of AMW. You would think it could be found somewhere.

If he was leading her and she was on his left as on the video with J. Walsh, wouldn't that indicate he was left-handed? If so, that should narrow down the suspect list significantly.

Why on the Walsh AMW show was Drew changed to a cousin? There should have been some editing done. I wish I had seen the show.

I think it is possible Holly felt she had a stalker but did not know who it was, and told her mother that much. That would explain Mom's reaction to some extent. I mean, come on, if they all knew who it was, someone would have leaked a name by now, just to put pressure on him, if nothing else. If he is still there, in town, then clearly he is not holding Holly, and if he too, disappeared, there would be an APB. I don't think they know who they are looking for.

Don't know, SmoothOperator, but I remember a poster on HBB Prayers FB site videoed it and posted it back in April 2012.

Due to the confusion and speculation in Holly's abduction, the family wanted to set the story straight. Imo, the TBI has the same strategy as the GBI in GA and advises the missing person's family's to avoid the MS Media. After one year of false promises and hopes from investigators, the family decided to utilize the most valuable tool in missing person's investigations; the American public...imo

....a little late, don't you think?

Georgia did the same thing with Tara Grinstead. We know who the suspect is but no one is talking. Another beauty and another rural area where GBI kept everything under wraps.

In Holly's area, things are kept close to the vest also. Look at that case where the pastor killed the father of the bride. Case closed; pastor innocent of wrong doing.

I think in these type of locales, people listen to LE and dont question them. I also think these small rural areas take care of their own. If they have a suspect in mind and he is a member of the community who they like, maybe they won't rock the boat. That pastor and what he did would most likely be serving some serious jail time for killing a man who was unarmed and had his hands in his pockets when battered by the pastor and died.

If he was leading her and she was on his left as on the video with J. Walsh, wouldn't that indicate he was left-handed? If so, that should narrow down the suspect list significantly.

Good catch, Whisperer! Ok...now wish we knew who was left handed, starting with exes, neighbors, etc.

I think it is possible Holly felt she had a stalker but did not know who it was, and told her mother that much. That would explain Mom's reaction to some extent. I mean, come on, if they all knew who it was, someone would have leaked a name by now, just to put pressure on him, if nothing else. If he is still there, in town, then clearly he is not holding Holly, and if he too, disappeared, there would be an APB. I don't think they know who they are looking for.

agreed. if they thought they knew who took her, at the very least le would say they have a person of interest. it's sop in cases like this because letting the person know you're onto them might cause them to make a mistake. if they were one or two clues away from solving this they'd be pushing a lot harder at someone.

all of this talk about "what if she has a stalker" is just conjecture. sure it's possible, but there's no more evidence for it than "what if she told her mom she was going to get kidnapped by aliens" and in fact i believe there's more evidence that it's not the case simply because there has been no official mention of any such thing as far as i'm aware. i keep hearing it mentioned that the mom said someone's name on the 911 tape. is there any actual evidence of that or are people just taking one of the theories about why tbi won't release the 911 tapes and extrapolating that theory as fact?

Good catch, Whisperer! Ok...now wish we knew who was left handed, starting with exes, neighbors, etc.

I don't think that means anything. The guy could be right handed with a weapon in his right hand, thus freeing his left hand to hold Holly.

I don't think that means anything. The guy could be right handed with a weapon in his right hand, thus freeing his left hand to hold Holly.

LOL..guess, this makes as much sense as anything else...psychopathic chilvalry

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110517200312AAQsB8c

Why do men walk to the right side and women walk to the left side?

This goes back to the days of chivalry, when men used to wear a sword (typically on the right - sorry lefties). If the couple were attacked, the man was free to draw his sword.

It was stated in the most recent AMW episode.. Just as clu stated up thread in the quote this detail was one of the very few that was stated in the AMW episode.. As for her having blond "naturally" colored hair in younger photos.. I can attest that all blondes naturally become darker as they age.. Her having blond hair when young doesn't mean it was still naturally blond after puberty.. It's at that point that it would have naturally started to darken and therefor why many choose to start highlighting..

It is true and it was in fact pointed out specifically in the most recent AMW episode..

Hth:)

Plumeria to answer your question yes, Holly to m knowledge has been on AMW twice.. If I'm not mistake the one with the YouTube video you posted is from 2011 very shortly after sh went missing..

Do you have a link to this SmoothOperator? If not it will have to be removed since its not fact and accurate physical descriptions are very important during searches. Thanks.

Ima

Elizabeth Smart, the Utah woman kidnapped and held captive for nine months when she was 14, told family and friends of missing West Tennessee nursing student Holly Bobo Monday to continue searching for her and not to give up hope that she is alive.

Pictures: Elizabeth Smart joins effort to find Tenn. student
Video: Elizabeth Smart on missing kids

Smart spoke to about 1,000 friends and relatives of Holly Bobo on Monday night at Scotts Hill High School, in the area where searchers have been looking for the 20-year-old woman since she was abducted 16 months ago. Smart also told those in attendance a story about her kidnapping and how she survived her ordeal.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-of-missing-nursing-student-to-never-give-up/

In the video Clint's description of the guy is that his "arm was free on this side" (shows swinging his right arm). Guess it was a tiny little weapon. Would think he might have had it pointed more towards Holly if that is the case instead of swinging it to his right side. TEHO.

In the video Clint's description of the guy is that his "arm was free on this side" (shows swinging his right arm). Guess it was a tiny little weapon. Would think he might have had it pointed more towards Holly if that is the case instead of swinging it to his right side. TEHO.

At one time it was implied that their arms were together. If its the AMW video you mention... that whole thing was really unconvincing as far as a reenactment went. Even the POV was off.... they had Clint looking back at the house talking about how he looked from the house out towards the woods.

At one time it was implied that their arms were together. If its the AMW video you mention... that whole thing was really unconvincing as far as a reenactment went. Even the POV was off.... they had Clint looking back at the house talking about how he looked from the house out towards the woods.

Carla...in Clint's "own words and reenactment" the kidnapper's right arm was at his side. "They had" Clint looking back at the house. Okay...then.

Thanks for finding that, wfgodot.

That report concerns me in its' accuracy, considering it also says Holly has freckles on his nose.

Yet one more of the extremely misleading, misinformed, poorly edited, and overall bad reporting that Holly's case has suffered through. Which has in turn spurned rumor after rumor and IMO, hindered many a search effort.

I sure wish the media knew how instrumental they are in missing persons cases, and took the time to pay attention to the details.

Thanks anyway, for providing the MSM link.

Thanks for finding that, wfgodot.

That report concerns me in its' accuracy, considering it also says Holly has freckles on his nose.

Yet one more of the extremely misleading, misinformed, poorly edited, and overall bad reporting that Holly's case has suffered through. Which has in turn spurned rumor after rumor and IMO, hindered many a search effort.

I sure wish the media knew how instrumental they are in missing persons cases, and took the time to pay attention to the details.

Thanks anyway, for providing the MSM link.
The hair thing may or not be accurate but the description's veracity should not be judged on one typo.

Any sort of press release from TBI documenting in detail Holly's description would have made matters more clear long ago.

Do you have a link to this SmoothOperator? If not it will have to be removed since its not fact and accurate physical descriptions are very important during searches. Thanks.

Ima

I'm a dummy. What's a CC? Also if you mean Holly's hair being darker now, I have read that on a poster, flyer or description somewhere. I will try to find it.

*Here it is at AMW. Natural brown hair and freckles on her nose. Never saw the episode, but I have read their page.
http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=77784

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member