TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On one hand, Clint says he thought the guy was Drew. OTOH, He said the guy was 200 lbs and he has never wavered on that. Drew doesn't appear to weigh all that much.

I can't help but repeat that Clint gets his thoughts and current reality of watching Holly and the perp confused. Some people do that when they try to explain a crime or a daily happening. They insist on throwing in their thoughts, confusing the process. It takes a good LE responder and note taker to clarify what exactly happened.

I haven't seen that done yet. They have let Clint flounder around all by himself with this case.

Oh?
I recall NG saying the last ping the cellphone sent out was within 2 miles of the home.
Now I don't know how close the pings can triangulate on the phone's last signal sent. My understanding is it will do this off or on.
When I heard that blurb, I immediately thought her phone was at the home somewhere.
Yet, somehow it turns up at an industrial park near the yard where the tree company was?

I see.
Thank you.

My bold. And I feel like the phone was tossed there to hurt, send a message to or taunt Mr. Bobo. For what reason yet, I'm not real sure of.

houndstooth: If you're referring to the shows I mentioned in my post, those are true cases with real victims and not made up. Some of the cases featured on ID Channel are the same ones we follow here.

This was the case I watched. It was a rerun because they haven't started their new season yet.

http://investigation.discovery.com/...ic-fire-reveals-murder-of-missy-grubaugh.html

This is just another example of sometimes what we see is not what it appears to be. In Holly's case that seems to be what we're dealing with, imo

A long list of the "usual" suspects but the one who committed the crime may not even be on our radar.

Of course, I'm all for the Occam's razor theory as well and many cases are solvable using this theory. I'm not sure why Holly's case hasn't been solved yet. LE was only one clue away from solving it back in April 2011 (per them) and here we are over a year later still wondering what happened.

Link http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20062568-504083.html

In for a penny, in for a pound today, I guess.
I am about to squash some toes.

Let's start with the fact that the cops are not and have not been looking for this girl since about the second week. Then we can talk about why this thread uses the word
"is believed to be abducted", or NOT, as in my case.

I do not believe she was abducted.
Nor can I envision a scenario where she was carrying around all these bags and keys and cameras and books and so forth, while the eyewitness can change his account randomly and with complete contradictions and WHO CARES? Nobody, but some internet sleuths, I guess.
So the white lunchpurse could be left by an idyllic creek, but the PINK purse that has materialized in the storyline now and dangling keys are left with Holly?
So the camera was inside the purse? Why was she carrying a camera when she used her cellphone camera at the drop of a hat?

If you are going to name contents why not mention whether her wallet is missing?
Why was neither purse stated on Missing Posters from the beginning of this case?
The juggling required for all that gear negates the idea of an abduction in my mind.
Who's going traipsing around with all that crap with their "victim"?

Oh, and NOW here comes Elizabeth Smart and ole Ed out of left field more than a year later to "lend their support".
Well, me personally, I think they lost me at telling the cops in her case, "I know you think I'm that girl who ran away".
Of course, the second story window where the screen was cut from the inside and too small for a man to enter and exit through, didn't help the credibility of that case either!
Oh well.

I think there is something going on in this country. Something that bears taking a hard look at.
The selling of "victim" stories for made for TV movies and crime/mystery dramas.

Hint: Some of these cases aren't what they appear to be.

I'll show myself out.

BBM.

Well, if you're implying that the cops know that she hasn't been abducted, I really think they owe it to the SAR teams who are looking for her to share this information.

Despite what it may look like, there is at least one SAR team that has been involved since the beginning and continues to look at least twice a month. I know this personally, as I have spoken to the director on the phone and was registered to attend a search but couldn't make it due to work.

I'm not saying you don't have an interesting theory, and I might entertain it if I didn't have knowledge of searches going on, but I just can't come to terms with these people spending so much time for the past 15 months and LE all the while knowing she wasn't really abducted.

If you were to state this same theory but assume that LE does NOT know the "truth" anymore than we do, then that might be a different story.

In the photos of the event with Elizabeth Smart, I couldn't help but notice one LEO (I believe he is a Sherriff ??) Does anyone know who he is? This in no way is meant to sleuth him. I was just curious if he was local or with TBI.

As you all know by now, I'm Canadian so perhaps one of you can confirm that for me based on the badge and his uniform.

Just curious if there is another Sheriff perhaps working the case (??) Is Sherriff Wyatt still around?

In the photos of the event with Elizabeth Smart, I couldn't help but notice one LEO (I believe he is a Sherriff ??) Does anyone know who he is? This in no way is meant to sleuth him. I was just curious if he was local or with TBI.

As you all know by now, I'm Canadian so perhaps one of you can confirm that for me based on the badge and his uniform.

Just curious if there is another Sheriff perhaps working the case (??) Is Sherriff Wyatt still around?

Have a link for the specific pic, ~n/t~?

Are you talking about a possibility that a stranger felt she rejected him? I was watching an ID show last night about how an acquaintance from high school stalked a woman for YEARS. I think it was 12 years. For all we know this person could have been from high school! :eek:
<<respectfully snipped>>

This had been my initial theory ... that someone from High School secretly had a crush on Holly and perhaps was also taking classes at the college and would see her there and/or he worked at a store or restaurant that Holly patronized ... someone who had obsessed with Holly for several years and then gradually turned to stalking???

I really hadn't entertained that theory for some time (I've long felt it was someone with a closer relationship to Holly, like a former BF who had some help from friends), but it would explain why LE hasn't closed in on the perp, even if he's a local, since he wouldn't have been on anyone's radar.

I haven't followed Holly's case for a long time because it seemed to come to a standstill. I really hope there has been recent progress and Holly will be found soon.

I'm not meaning to be critical, but it would of been nice if they had changed the caption with the photo some. I think most everyone knew the major players and the same caption would of worked ok for those. I would of like to know who the others were and what role they played.

Guess, we have to consider that not only is Holly Bobo tragically missing after over 16 months, but there is also a predator that hasn't been apprehended, and on the loose..

As with any VIP; Elizabeth Smart, would require additional security to be provided. She is a hero and a very inspirational person to so many people. Especially in the Decatur County, TN community, where abduction awareness has spread like wildfire due to Holly's abduction.

I attended the one year anniversary 04/2012, church service, motorcycle ride, and lastly a balloon release at the Scotts Hill HS. There were between 200 & 300 people in attendance. It was reported that this latest event had over 1,000 people in attendance.

<<respectfully snipped>>

This had been my initial theory ... that someone from High School secretly had a crush on Holly and perhaps was also taking classes at the college and would see her there and/or he worked at a store or restaurant that Holly patronized ... someone who had obsessed with Holly for several years and then gradually turned to stalking???

I really hadn't entertained that theory for some time (I've long felt it was someone with a closer relationship to Holly, like a former BF who had some help from friends), but it would explain why LE hasn't closed in on the perp, even if he's a local, since he wouldn't have been on anyone's radar.

I haven't followed Holly's case for a long time because it seemed to come to a standstill. I really hope there has been recent progress and Holly will be found soon.

The pic #6 of the senior class of 2009 only shows aprox 80 total students, and only about 25/30 of those were male.

Holly also worked at the Food Lion on Hwy 69 in Parsons as a part time cashier.

snip-snip

I like this theory too, and remember when it was discussed, or at least placed in play in the list of possibilities. One thing (of many) that I'd forgotten in the last year is just how many UTN-Martin courses are offered at the Parsons Center. Just checked the 2012 fall syllabus - a bunch.

I keep reading online about famous abduction cases and I don't see any where the victim is taken from her own home in daylight. Mickey Shunick, Dru Sjodin, and the probation officer in Georgia were all attacked in public places.

:moo: (I like this cow)

I think it is rather rare but it doesn't mean it doesn't ever happen.
Pam Kinnamore was taken from her home in Baton Rouge by serial killer Derrick Todd Lee on a July evening (which means it wouldn't be dark until 8 or later; and plenty of people would be coming home from work in the neighborhood etc) before her husband got off from work that evening (and he didn't work a third shift or night shift or anything). She was missing for 2 or 3 days and then her body was later found at Whiskey Bay. He also entered the homes of Charlotte Murray Pace and Geralyn DeSoto during the daytime (like morning and midday, respectively, I believe)- they put up such fights that the abductions never happened - they were murdered and left in their homes. But he likely would have liked to have abducted them as he did Pam & some of his other vitims, I guess. He also abducted women in public but sparsely crowded places as well (and perhaps from a Subway sandwich shop's parking lot, if Mary Ann Fowler is ever for sure connected to be one of his victims as she is believed to be), though. I guess wherever the women he was stalking looked the most vulnerable.

It is odd and rare- but everything about Holly's case is odd and rare- rare to be abducted in broad daylight by your home and rare to have a witness to the abduction (and a family member no less!) and yet....nothing....

I'm not meaning to be critical, but it would of been nice if they had changed the caption with the photo some. I think most everyone knew the major players and the same caption would of worked ok for those. I would of like to know who the others were and what role they played.

ya I know. That bothered me also. They didn't have to mention the people in the audience but the ones who are obviously part of the event (excluding family whom we know). That's one of the reasons I was curious about the sheriff. I wondered if he was local, TBI or perhaps accompanied Elizabeth and her dad from Utah? Maybe the 2 who appear to have given some sort of press conference are from SAR group? Wish I could read the logo on the shirts.

Here's another photo. http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...-missing-Tenn-woman-3818893.php#photo-3376323

I watched 6 episodes of people who were stalked last night and in all cases, they only mentioned them stalking one person. I don't know if stalkers switch their prey or not.

In one case, the stalker was someone known in the community, but the victim didn't know him at all. He actually stopped stalking her for four years, and then picked it back up again.

My daughter's ex husband stalked her for 4 years (that we know of)
Stalked his 1st ex wife for at least 2, then picked it up again after leaving her alone for 2 years. We believe he has had many others he has stalked, for different reasons. Bottom line in all of the cases was he wanted to have the edge and be able to instill fear whenever it suited him. It also became apparent he is a peeping Tom.
He is an ex marine, sniper (so he said) and was trained to stalk, so to speak.
I don't know if it's all staplers, but my daughters ex apparently stalked someone he knew. (again, that we know of) scary stuff

The pic #6 of the senior class of 2009 only shows aprox 80 total students, and only about 25/30 of those were male.

Holly also worked at the Food Lion on Hwy 69 in Parsons as a part time cashier.

I'm not familiar with Food Lion. Is it a grocery store or convenience store?

Whisp: Why on the Walsh AMW show was Drew changed to a cousin? There should have been some editing done. I wish I had seen the show.

Clint said he had thought it was (paraphrasing here,) "her cousin, or boyfriend."

Her boyfriend, DS, however, does not fit the description given, so perhaps it was just a thought he had in mind, before he (must have,) at some point later in time, realized that DS is not that tall. In other words, perhaps here he is relating his thoughts at the time.

Next search is Sept 8 & 9, if anyone would like to help with the search.
Starts each day at 7 am till 1 pm.

It seems that someone asked about a photo and a location that I had posted here. That would have been the location where the "lunch purse" was found.

I am very impressed with this SAR team's Director of Operations. He is an excellent teacher, and a natural born leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx