TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you hit upon something; the connection to the field of nursing and proximity of the three young women....
I wonder if this fellow fits the height/size description of the person who took Holly?

Amazing that most of us missed this. I found it because another poster here led me onto it. I think it was Plumeria that knows all about the case/cases.

I recall hearing another nursing student missing in Tn but couldn't find any info on it when googling it. I was told NG had the case on her show and the arrest was made very shortly after her mother appeared on the show.

Attempted to retrieve his criminal record again today. His full name is Donnie Frank Jones Jr.
It's showing as; non-public sealed

Why might this be? Non public sealed?

I find it very difficult to proceed going any further in the case when we haven't even been able to clear the family or the neighbors. Of course, there is a possibility a strange sexual predator took her but LE has not led us down that path. LE needs to come forward and talk about this case with serious reporters.

The sexual predator of Megan...behaved in the typical fashion most do. He raped, murdered her and didn't bother hiding the body very well. He attempted to burn it...but that only brought attention.

When you compare it to Holly, and how well concealed she is, it doesn't appear it is the same perp. The person who took Holly was not in a hurry apparently but has covered his tracks exceptionally well...unlike Donnie Frank Jones Jr.

The sexual predator of Megan...behaved in the typical fashion most do. He raped, murdered her and didn't bother hiding the body very well. He attempted to burn it...but that only brought attention.

When you compare it to Holly, and how well concealed she is, it doesn't appear it is the same perp. The person who took Holly was not in a hurry apparently but has covered his tracks exceptionally well...unlike Donnie Frank Jones Jr.

Agree with what you wrote. Just bugs me that all three young women were associated with nursing and lived relatively close. If only there was some surveillance video as was in the cases of poor Sierra Lamar, and Mickey Shunick. Seems without video cases like Holly's and Lauren Spierer go cold.

Holly Bobo Sex Offender EXPOSED! - YouTube

Especially creepy and upsetting. Should we ignore this stuff, or seriously think about it?

I had 2 stalkers for years, one in LE, and if he had gotten me I don't think anyone ever would have seen me again. I don't know...anything's possible.
I feel like i'm putting BS out here now, and i'm sorry if that's what it is. It just strikes me odd, but there are alot of sickos out there. I just pray for Holly.... and I pray that this case gets solved!

Why might this be? Non public sealed?

kkdj, I am assuming that he is being investigated for other crimes, jmho. My concern is; if he had prior sex offender crimes, or other violent crimes against women. There's obviously something LE doesn't want the general public to know, huh?

The burning of a body is usually a sadistical act to destroy forensics and delay the victim's identification, imo. The sealing/silencing of Donnie Frank Jones Jr. criminal record speaks volumes, imo.

Sexual predators are highly recidivist, and will show obvious signs and patterns of escalation, when their past criminal history is known..

Bumping -

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/21/was-holly-bobo-abduction-related-to-attack-on-another-woman-hea/

Police in Tennessee are investigating whether a similar attack in a nearby town is related to the disappearance of 20-year-old nursing student Holly Bobo from her home in Parsons, Tenn.

Heather Sullivan, 31, lives in Centerville, about 45 minutes from Parsons. She told NBC News she was approached by a "tall, skinny man" outside her home at around 5:30 one morning in January. She said he grabbed her arm as she was getting out of her car, causing her to drop a lamp she was carrying. She said her boyfriend heard the lamp break, came rushing out and apparently frightened the man away.

Asked if she thought Bobo's abduction was related, Sullivan told NBC, "When I heard about it, that's what I thought."

Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, said he was not ruling out a connection. "We're looking at all possibilities," he said in a press conference.

(snipped - read more-)

Thanks for the info about sexual predators. I can see that some are going to tie the three crimes together. I don't see Holly's case involving an experienced sexual predator. I'm not sure if this case does involve one, though I admit that was my first theory. All three cases don't seem to have a link as far as the behavior/description of the perp.

To tie Holly and Sullivan, you have to NOT believe Clint B or Sullivan in their description. Sullivan says the guy was skinny. To say Holly and the nursing student, 2 hrs away, are connected, you have to question the difference in need to conceal a body. The perp completely changed from concealing a body in the first case to allowing one be found and attracting attn by burning. So he went from clever to amature.

Thanks for the info about sexual predators. I can see that some are going to tie the three crimes together. I don't see Holly's case involving an experienced sexual predator. I'm not sure if this case does involve one, though I admit that was my first theory. All three cases don't seem to have a link as far as the behavior/description of the perp.

To tie Holly and Sullivan, you have to NOT believe Clint B or Sullivan in their description. Sullivan says the guy was skinny. To say Holly and the nursing student, 2 hrs away, are connected, you have to question the difference in need to conceal a body. The perp completely changed from concealing a body in the first case to allowing one be found and attracting attn by burning. So he went from clever to amature.

I think that was one of the reasons Sullivan's perp wasn't considered the same person because of the description.

As for Megan's killer, I brought up Megan's case months ago on this forum and even noted the similarities. The mustang, nursing student, pink purse etc. For whatever reason, it didn't grab attention at the time. It's been brought up over and over on this thread.

I wouldn't dismiss him totally but I suppose if one believes the perp is a local then perhaps this isn't the same guy we're looking for in Holly's case. Megan was lured through an ad. Nothing to suggest Holly responded to any ads or online sites as far as we know.

The burning of a body is usually a sadistical act to destroy forensics and delay the victim's identification, imo. The sealing/silencing of Donnie Frank Jones Jr. criminal record speaks volumes, imo.

Sexual predators are highly recidivist, and will show obvious signs and patterns of escalation, when their past criminal history is known..
http://research.lawyers.com/Tennessee/Tennessee-Expungement-and-Record-Sealing.html

Why are Donnie f. Jones' records sealed? Who is this guy? I read he's a convicted felon, so how are his records sealed? And his bond was lowered? http://www.tullahomanews.com/?p=8489

Curious.

http://research.lawyers.com/Tennessee/Tennessee-Expungement-and-Record-Sealing.html

Why are Donnie f. Jones' records sealed? Who is this guy? I read he's a convicted felon, so how are his records sealed? And his bond was lowered? http://www.tullahomanews.com/?p=8489

Curious.

Thanx for sharing Londonrraine.. I think we now have his past criminal history. At least what he was convicted for, huh?

The Sheriff told of how Jones escaped from the Franklin County Jail on a couple of occasions and on one occasion faked his own death.

Fuller stated that on the day the search warrant was served, he talked with Jones from “approximately 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.” The sheriff stated that several times Jones stated that he had not fled from the area, yet.

The sheriff also stated that Jones is the “target in the Megan Sharpton murder.”

Fuller stated that he felt that Jones is a “flight risk” and noted that he is a career criminal. He also said that Jones on several occasions remarked that he hasn’t fled the area “yet.”

In asking that the bond not be lowered for Jones, Roberts stated that he has 21 prior felony convictions.

“He has 13 forgeries in Coffee County, aggravated assault, aggravated burglary, attempted kidnapping, assault and two felony escape convictions,” the prosecutor stated.

She said she felt that his convictions and the possibility of him fleeing made him a risk to the community.

“He is under investigation by the ATF and possible indictment which increase his flight risk. Plus he is under investigation in the murder case,” Roberts added.

Assistant Public Defender Jess Stockton noted that Jones’ record is extensive but that his escape convictions were in the 1990s and that the normal maximum bond for weapons charge in Coffee County is $10,000.

“A bond is to guarantee that a defendant will show up for court,” Stockton argued. “I think that $10,000 is enough.”

“We oppose the bond reduction due to his history as the reason to oppose the reduction,” Roberts stated. “He has the propensity to flee and he is a career criminal.”

After listening to the arguments and the testimony, General Sessions Judge Tim Brock lowered Jones’ bond from $500,000 to $100,000 and bound the case over to the grand jury. Jones next court date on the weapons charge is Jan. 23, 2013.

Wayne Thomas may be reached by email at tnrept04@lcs.net

Bond lowered for Donnie Jones on weapons charge
By WAYNE THOMAS Staff Writer Bond for Donnie Frank Jones on a

The terms "expungement" and "sealing" are often used interchangeably when it comes to criminal records, but there are some differences. "Sealing" a criminal record is when a court file is hidden from the general public".

"In asking that the bond not be lowered for Jones, Roberts stated that he has 21 prior felony convictions.

“He has 13 forgeries in Coffee County, aggravated assault, aggravated burglary, attempted kidnapping, assault and two felony escape convictions,” the prosecutor stated."
http://www.tullahomanews.com/?p=8489

"In asking that the bond not be lowered for Jones, Roberts stated that he has 21 prior felony convictions.

“He has 13 forgeries in Coffee County, aggravated assault, aggravated burglary, attempted kidnapping, assault and two felony escape convictions,” the prosecutor stated."
http://www.tullahomanews.com/?p=8489

& they wonder why there is a silent epidemic in TN?

It would be interesting to know the specifics of the burglaries, attempted kidnapping, & aggravated assaults.- “Jones, has 13 forgeries in Coffee County, aggravated assault, aggravated burglary, attempted kidnapping, assault and two felony escape convictions,” the prosecutor stated."

Seems that he attempted to fake his own death too...

Seems logical that the judge would lower his bail/bond. WTH was General Sessions Judge Tim Brock, thinking?

& they wonder why there is a silent epidemic in TN?

It would be interesting to know the specifics of the burgularies, attempted kidnapping, & aggravated assaults.- “He has 13 forgeries in Coffee County, aggravated assault, aggravated burglary, attempted kidnapping, assault and two felony escape convictions,” the prosecutor stated."

Seems that he attempted to fake his own death too...

Seems logical that the judge would lower his bail/bond. WTH was he thinking?

Clearly he is a flight risk. Already escaped from jail twice!
IMO a person who has escaped twice and faked their own death should not have their bond lowered but raised.

Holly Bobo's birthday is this coming Friday Oct 12, 2012. This will be her second Birthday since her tragic abduction and over 500 days since an update by the TBI...Why the silence?

The motto of the TBI is "that guilt shall not escape, nor innocence suffer".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub