TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen a number of ID shows on cable TV where an unsolved case gets solved by the new eyes of the a cold case team - so there is hope for Holly.

Thanks for the the link to
http://www.findinghollybobo.com/

Yeah...key words "new eyes". I was hoping the new TBI Special Agent would release some sort of statement as it relates to this case but I haven't seen anything yet.

Holly's purse was found? Am I reading that correctly?!

According to this released report, YES Holly's purse was found

If the perp wore gloves it would be extremely hard to get fingerprints from Holly's belongings LE found

However, gunfire "backfire" residue vapors can stay on fabrics like clothing and hard surfaces for as long as 5 days, maybe longer. On skin these vapors can be easily washed off with soap, water.

I'm wondering if LE lab tested for these vapors on the purse, etc?

I was looking at the quarry and that seems like a ripe place for a search. LE certainly should have been looking there. So I don't consider TC off track at all.

I have asked many times...."Where exactly was the lunch bag found?' I want to see how far from the road it was. I want to see the exact spot and its relationship to the area and the road. A pic was posted for me but it was of no value because there was no road, distance, or anything to relate to its location. With Sierra's case, LE certainly keeps us informed and we could all see where the bag was found. As far as searching, it is not against the law for anyone to look or question people on their own. Apparently, TN has different rules.

Also, where exactly was the blood found? Clint says it was below the silhouettes. Okiedokie. Could that please be graphed so all can see where the blood was? I don't think that is asking too much. IMO, all involved in this case are way too silent. I say they want this case to go away. My guess is that some even monitor this board....

I'm glad California doesn't try to stop people from sleuthing by raiding their homes and computers. They treated TC like a suspect....the only suspect btw. What are they afraid of? Too much work or somebody outside getting too close?

Yes, it's frustrating. FYI, But by googling roap maps, intersections, even the Bobo's home, wooded backyard, you can get a good visual of the areas.

They went to Ohio and tore up his house and took confiscated his computers. It was noted that LE accused him of obstructing an investigation...so much for trying to help.

I don't know about others but I get the distinct impression that LE wants absolutely no one intruding in this case. From my perspective, they want no one talking about it either.

What exactly have they confirmed? Dana spoke out (on JVM) about the blood and was whisked from his chair and replaced by the pastor spokesperson who tells us absolutely nothing when asked a direct question.

You're not alone thinking there's some odd behavior from LE when it comes to the family getting involved, or it just seems that way to me

I'm really hoping that the person I suspect was behind Holly's disappearance is the same guy who's been charged with another murder and is awaiting trial and if so maybe LE is gathering evidence to nail that guy on Holly's cold case.

TBI agent John Mehr told News Channel 3 the man believed to have taken Holly from her Darden home on April 13 is 5'10" to 6'1" and between 200 and 220 lbs.

Clint thought it was Holly's boyfriend with her in the carport and was about the same size, a stocky, full sized guy

Holly's boyfriend, from recent photos, is no where near this big, alot shorter and definitely not stocky or close to 200-220 lbs

How can LE miss this and not connect the dots?

" only item found that's been confirmed to be Holly's is her white lunch bag. That was found a few days after she was seen being led away from her house by a man in camouflage."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20057123-504083.html

Does anyone have a MSM link stating her purse was found?
Prior to this article there was mention that it was, but later it was said that it was not found, and only her lunch box was found...

" only item found that's been confirmed to be Holly's is her white lunch bag. That was found a few days after she was seen being led away from her house by a man in camouflage."

Prior to this article there was mention that it was, but later it was said that it was not found, and only her lunch box was found...
I think there may be some confusion as at least one source referred to the lunch container thing as a "lunch purse."
In the meantime, the only evidence police have found and made public were Bobo's lunch purse and some blood.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo...cant-find-hunt/story?id=13448569#.UMfrG4PLQRl

I think there was one erroneous MSM article referencing several articles, but not in the sense of a quote from LE. As far as LE is concerned, they have only confirmed the presence of blood and the lunch box. No purse. No cell phone. No motel key card. No duct tape. Nada.

TBI agent John Mehr told News Channel 3 the man believed to have taken Holly from her Darden home on April 13 is 5'10" to 6'1" and between 200 and 220 lbs.

Clint thought it was Holly's boyfriend with her in the carport and was about the same size, a stocky, full sized guy

Holly's boyfriend, from recent photos, is no where near this big, alot shorter and definitely not stocky or close to 200-220 lbs

How can LE miss this and not connect the dots?

Not sure what dots they are meant to connect. The brother made a lousy witness, IMO.

I believe the only thing LE has acknowledged finding is the lunch box/bag and of course blood at the scene, though LE hasn't acknowledged whose it is.

IMO It would be hard to believe these items found in the same general vicinity did'nt belong to Holly and part of the crime .

" On Monday, searchers plan to comb the area surrounding Bobo's home for clues in the case. Investigators last week found a number of items believed to belong to Holly, including a lunchbox, that Helm said was found "several miles away" from the young woman's home. Helm would not confirm media reports that Bobo's cell phone and camoflage clothes had been found inside a vehicle.

Searchers found Bobo's lunchbox along with duct tape with blond hair on it, although authorities said they did not know if it was Bobo's or connected to the case. Volunteers have been searching on foot, horseback and by ATV."

I believe the only thing LE has acknowledged finding is the lunch box/bag and of course blood at the scene, though LE hasn't acknowledged whose it is.

" On Monday, searchers plan to comb the area surrounding Bobo's home for clues in the case. Investigators last week found a number of items believed to belong to Holly, including a lunchbox, that Helm said was found "several miles away" from the young woman's home. Helm would not confirm media reports that Bobo's cell phone and camoflage clothes had been found inside a vehicle.

Also found was blood and duct tape with blonde hair stuck on it in the carport

"[/B]

Not sure what dots they are meant to connect. The brother made a lousy witness, IMO.

True the brother is a lousy witness. But when you are THEE ONLY witness and there's a pretty clear view of what was going on not too far away from the kitchen window make sure the story's correct and with enough details

IMO Lack of attention to detail is why this case is getting cold and frustrating to everyone

Did LE ask the brother if he saw the perp's face, boots, carrying a rifle, handgun/holster, beard/goatee, did he wear a camo baseball cap, wearing sunglasses,etc....There was some very poor descriptions from somone who watched them walk away very visibly and had time to visualize a better description of the perp

And then wait about 30 minutes before doing anything

Just my thoughts

In this article it speaks of her school papers possibly being waded up and tossed. I think this was near the quarry or school but have no link. It would be very easy to confirm the school work. If it was hers, we have somebody very eager to throw her school related items out near her school and this leaves an open door to interpretation for motive.

I wish there was a photographer like we have in most cases.

Yeah, I read this, thanks for posting...AGAIN, no details in where they found these school papers...<Mod Snip>
A TBI spokeswoman said the community wide search has helped them collect evidence.

"We do have some other things that we believe maybe her personal belongings, but we just don't know for sure," TBI Spokeswoman Kristin Helm said.

The evidence includes blonde hair stuck to a piece of duct tape. There are wadded up papers, which could have been her school work.

Really sad that this case appears to be heading in the cold case files along with so many others. It truly becomes overwhelming when we look at all the unsolved cases. Sometimes I sit back and wonder where they all are. Are they dead? Are they alive? :(

Finding Holly Bobo Website.

http://www.findinghollybobo.com/

Think: National Task Force to find the missing

Sure would be a better use of $1 Trillion annually than searching for terrorists that don't exist. The terrorists who disappear people, usually women in this country are the real threat.

Her pink purse AND camera are still missing. This information was made public by her father back in August during a water search.

Think: National Task Force to find the missing

Sure would be a better use of $1 Trillion annually than searching for terrorists that don't exist. The terrorists who disappear people, usually women in this country are the real threat.

Well I wouldn't necessarily say they don't exist but I agree that more funds should be allocated to finding the missing. I posted an article and link on this thread, a lot of TBI resources are being used to fight drug crimes. Doesn't leave much left to find the missing, imo.

In Holly's case, however, I believe things were mishandled from the very start. They had a huge LE presence which included local, FBI, TBI and not to mention all the volunteers.

This case should have been solved. :moo:

Whisperer, I feel your frustration as well with the lack of information. But it's not LE's job to to answer every question the public has about an investigation. It would not only be harmful to the investigation, but would be a never ending job. It is their job, as I see it, to release that information that would be beneficial to the investigation or protect the public at large if there was an ongoing threat. Having said that, on certain points, I do believe it would have been beneficial to inform the public, such as what possessions of Holly's were missing.

TC was a suspect...for obstruction of justice...and they treated him as such. There is also a difference between sleuthing and inserting yourself into an investigation or case. Personally, I think TC went overboard and it drew a reaction from LE that may have been overboard. As far as what they are afraid of, they are afraid of an outsider destroying a case or investigation.

....With all due respect, what case destruction? I have learned that the words "I can't say because the case is under investigation" is a convenient way of not wanting to say that they have nothing or they don't want to look stupid. I have seen the White House use it too, regarding Benghazi...convenient. If not talking to the public or asking for help is their way of protecting the case, why haven't they solved it?

There is plenty to share in both events. Neither cares to, very simple. It usually means they are hiding something or there is an event that would make them look bad so they use the infamous words, "It's under investigation"...to avoid scrutiny.

IMO It would be hard to believe these items found in the same general vicinity did'nt belong to Holly and part of the crime .

Searchers found Bobo's lunchbox along with duct tape with blond hair on it, although authorities said they did not know if it was Bobo's or connected to the case. Volunteers have been searching on foot, horseback and by ATV."

I don't disagree with you that it may very well be related to Holly's case. At the same time, as far as confirmed items, the "lunch bag" is the only thing.

In fairness Cluciano, I don't know that Clint has ever changed his description. In fact, I believe he emphatically stated in one interview that HE has never changed the description. Also, his statements through all the interviews are actually absolutely consistent. Obviously, when telling a story, a person isn't going to tell it exactly the same each and every time, so there may be a part left out one time but included in another telling. The main thing, from a lawyer's perspective, is that all of his statements fit together with no inconsistencies. In that sense, he actually makes a good witness because he would be hard to impeach. He is a bad witness in the sense that I wish he had seen more.

True the brother is a lousy witness. But when you are THEE ONLY witness and there's a pretty clear view of what was going on not too far away from the kitchen window make sure the story's correct and with enough details

IMO Lack of attention to detail is why this case is getting cold and frustrating to everyone

Did LE ask the brother if he saw the perp's face, boots, carrying a rifle, handgun/holster, beard/goatee, did he wear a camo baseball cap, wearing sunglasses,etc....There was some very poor descriptions from somone who watched them walk away very visibly and had time to visualize a better description of the perp

And then wait about 30 minutes before doing anything

Just my thoughts

I certainly understand what you're saying Xavier and I wish he would have remembered more details as well. But I'm sure you're familiar with tests of eyewitness testimony. I bet I could take the last dozen people who posted on this thread, stand them on a street corner, I can walk by them and then ask them what color my shirt was. I bet we'd get more than one answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24