TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness Cluciano, I don't know that Clint has ever changed his description. In fact, I believe he emphatically stated in one interview that HE has never changed the description. Also, his statements through all the interviews are actually absolutely consistent. Obviously, when telling a story, a person isn't going to tell it exactly the same each and every time, so there may be a part left out one time but included in another telling. The main thing, from a lawyer's perspective, is that all of his statements fit together with no inconsistencies. In that sense, he actually makes a good witness because he would be hard to impeach. He is a bad witness in the sense that I wish he had seen more.

He witnessed a lot more than many of the cases we follow here. He saw what he believes he saw and in his mind, it was Holly and Drew until the end. I don't think Cluciano meant he was a bad witness in that he lied, imo. We now know it wasn't Drew so in that sense, his eye witness account wasn't really all that useful.

Make sense?

[/B]

....With all due respect, what case destruction? I have learned that the words "I can't say because the case is under investigation" is a convenient way of not wanting to say that they have nothing or they don't want to look stupid. I have seen the White House use it too, regarding Benghazi...convenient. If not talking to the public or asking for help is their way of protecting the case, why haven't they solved it?

There is plenty to share in both events. Neither cares to, very simple. It usually means they are hiding something or there is an event that would make them look bad so they use the infamous words, "It's under investigation"...to avoid scrutiny.

We are talking about 2 different things. I don't disagree with your sentiments, though I do believe there are times and certain information that should not be released to preserve the integrity of cases. Also, keep in mind that they are not just trying to solve the case, but are also trying to get a conviction. The most obvious problem disclosing too much information is that it may lead to a change of venue issue. A witness' testimony can be called into question as to whether they are testifying to events they recall firsthand or events they read in the paper.

Having said that, I agree with you, that I think too many times LE takes the "keeping things close to the vest" too far. I think they did that in Holly's case. I also think that as time goes on, more information should in fact be released because the "close to the vest" isn't working, so what harm would it do at this point to release more information.

My original comment you bolded was not in reference to these issues. My comment was in regard to individuals like TC who threaten to do more harm than good by their actions. Sleuthing and calling in tips is one thing. Actually inserting yourself into an investigation, collecting tips yourself, naming people and places of interest, can create problems not just in solving a case, but of ever getting a conviction if an arrest is made.

He witnessed a lot more than many of the cases we follow here. He saw what he believes he saw and in his mind, it was Holly and Drew until the end. I don't think Cluciano meant he was a bad witness in that he lied, imo. We now know it wasn't Drew so in that sense, his eye witness account wasn't really all that useful.

Make sense?

It does and I was really just trying to clarify because I figured that is what Cluciano had meant and I didn't want others taking it as a Clint lied statement.

We are talking about 2 different things. I don't disagree with your sentiments, though I do believe there are times and certain information that should not be released to preserve the integrity of cases. Also, keep in mind that they are not just trying to solve the case, but are also trying to get a conviction. The most obvious problem disclosing too much information is that it may lead to a change of venue issue. A witness' testimony can be called into question as to whether they are testifying to events they recall firsthand or events they read in the paper.

Having said that, I agree with you, that I think too many times LE takes the "keeping things close to the vest" too far. I think they did that in Holly's case. I also think that as time goes on, more information should in fact be released because the "close to the vest" isn't working, so what harm would it do at this point to release more information.

My original comment you bolded was not in reference to these issues. My comment was in regard to individuals like TC who threaten to do more harm than good by their actions. Sleuthing and calling in tips is one thing. Actually inserting yourself into an investigation, collecting tips yourself, naming people and places of interest, can create problems not just in solving a case, but of ever getting a conviction if an arrest is made.

Well, fwiw, and imo, TC inserted himself when the case was already headed nowhere. I didn't see anything he was doing any different than what we do here. Trying to piece this crazy puzzle together and bringing Holly home. I just wish it would have been handled differently though. Perhaps if he had gotten LE and the family involved from the start and worked with them instead of against them (or so they felt), perhaps we would've been steps ahead in finding Holly. I suppose some felt he was a threat for whatever reason.

ETA: IIRC, not ever did TC point the finger at family or anyone close to Holly. Family or friends. IMO

Make sense?

Thank you, I did not feel like defending myself, but this is what I meant. For someone who was right there, he has turned out to be basically useless, IMO. Oh except for the camo, if in fact that was accurate-who knows?

Rather than continuing to go round and round about Clint, let's look at other possibilities. Clint is a victim whether his recollection is good or poor. I'm sure he would love to turn the clock back and get another shot at the situation, but he cannot.

Has everyone exhausted the RSO's in the area? Have there been reports of other abductions, attempted abductions or rapes in the area? Could Israel Keyes been in that area at that time? Why or why not?

There is a lot to look at if you want.

Rather than continuing to go round and round about Clint, let's look at other possibilities. Clint is a victim whether his recollection is good or poor. I'm sure he would love to turn the clock back and get another shot at the situation, but he cannot.

Has everyone exhausted the RSO's in the area? Have there been reports of other abductions, attempted abductions or rapes in the area? Could Israel Keyes been in that area at that time? Why or why not?

Someone on another thread posted Keyes whereabouts and he was nowhere in the South when Holly disappeared. I wish I could remember what thread it was. :banghead:

4 RSO's already arrested and jailed who were possibly connected to this case. Not a peep on whether or not they had anything to do with Holly's disappearance.

I think the perp is someone who was infatuated and possibly stalked her which echos what the family believes. The last update from the family referred to Holly's activities specifically during her lunch period at school. IIRC, the family felt someone knew her routine.

I still believe he's a local, perhaps even married with children who may have lied about his whereabouts on that fateful morning. Nobody would question a husband going hunting......camo and rifle in tow.:moo:

we should try looking at the case without utilizing any of cb's information. as others have stated, his vantage point didn't afford much in the way of useful information so where would we be if he had seen nothing at all?

hb would be missing, we'd know about blood on the carport, we'd know about her found items, we likely wouldn't know they headed out towards the woods, we'd know about the scream heard by the neighbor, etc.

Since all this time has passed, checking arrest records since then and other crimes committed in the area would also be a good idea.

Someone on another thread posted Keyes whereabouts and he was nowhere in the South when Holly disappeared. I wish I could remember what thread it was. :banghead:

4 RSO's already arrested and jailed who were possibly connected to this case. Not a peep on whether or not they had anything to do with Holly's disappearance.

I think the perp is someone who was infatuated and possibly stalked her which echos what the family believes. The last update from the family referred to Holly's activities specifically during her lunch period at school. IIRC, the family felt someone knew her routine.

I still believe he's a local, perhaps even married with children who may have lied about his whereabouts on that fateful morning. Nobody would question a husband going hunting......camo and rifle in tow.:moo:

We know little about Holly's life and friends before she went missing. I'm sure LE know so much more in this regard..

I would be surprised if this was a random act, or that of serial killer. Got to be, IMO, someone with whom she had crossed paths. The long time she spend with him before going into away from the house seems most unusual in an abduction - would like to know what a profiler thinks about that.

The long time she spend with him before going into away from the house seems most unusual in an abduction - would like to know what a profiler thinks about that.

That part bothers me and probably always will. The story makes it seem like they chilled for awhile and had a conversation. I have to think she knew who he was. I bet she could name him if given the chance.

We know little about Holly's life and friends before she went missing. I'm sure LE know so much more in this regard..

I would be surprised if this was a random act, or that of serial killer. Got to be, IMO, someone with whom she had crossed paths. The long time she spend with him before going into away from the house seems most unusual in an abduction - would like to know what a profiler thinks about that.

Agree. I think he was someone she was at the very least "familiar" with. School, work or hangouts would be my guess. It always brings me back to one place. A place where everyone knew her name.

Agree. I think he was someone she was at the very least "familiar" with. School, work or hangouts would be my guess. It always brings me back to one place. A place where everyone knew her name.

A bar? That last sentence reminds me of the show "Cheers". Is that what you mean?

Since all this time has passed, checking arrest records since then and other crimes committed in the area would also be a good idea.

What sort of crime would we be looking for? What time period? As far as I know there haven't been any other abductions since Holly disappeared. The ones that remain outstanding are Dana Wilkes whose body was found and it appears this was an inside job. Karen Swift same. Megan Sharpton's case solved and perp is behind bars. The two little children still missing from the house fire but it doesn't appear it would be connected to this case.

Just curious as to what you feel we should be looking for?

What sort of crime would we be looking for? What time period? As far as I know there haven't been any other abductions since Holly disappeared. The ones that remain outstanding are Dana Wilkes whose body was found and it appears this was an inside job. Karen Swift same. Megan Sharpton's case solved and perp is behind bars. The two little children still missing from the house fire but it doesn't appear it would be connected to this case.

Just curious as to what you feel we should be looking for?

Clues. Do they have mug shots in the area and one could look at them and see if someone was arrested wearing camo? That's just one example. I was watching a lot of cases via Netflix on the Investigative channel and it boggled my mind at the clues out there on so many solved crimes that were overlooked. The Kristi Cornwell case is one example. Not that the clues are similar, but how they were able to put what little they had together to find the killer.

Either explain or I will have to assume it's something that isn't supposed to be discussed. If that is the case then I need to get out my modsnippers.

I think the poster meant - wherever it is in that area where people 'hang out'. We have two places in our little town - one is the local sandwich/ice cream shop - usually, the first nice day of the year, you can see people heading there like lemmings :floorlaugh:

The other place is an old gas station where the 'guys' hang out and 'talk shop' or whatever. I'm not speaking of TN BTW - just in my area, you wouldn't know these 'hangouts' unless you were local.

OT/ Investigation Channel is on Netflix?!?!? :great:

Either explain or I will have to assume it's something that isn't supposed to be discussed. If that is the case then I need to get out my modsnippers.

Could be someone who attended church and knew the family. Holly sang at the church every Sunday and she was described as having a voice of an angel. I could see how someone could be mesmerized by her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine