TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely :eek:fftopic:
Waaaay,back in junior high school.. i had an awful breakup with my boyfriend.(didn't we all). So,on springbreak ...i flew down from Seattle to visit my cousin who went to school at University of Cal at Berkley. She,took me to a Janice Joplin & Big Brother concert at the Fillmore West. I remember .....sitting on the floor next to a hippy chick called "Weeping Love-grass". True Story. MOO
Too cool! Weeping Lovegrass turns out to be a woman in Berkeley reality! "Mythic times, those."

Yes! I find that amazing too, and similarly, a few cases in which even though there were massive searches, the victim is found not far from the victim's home, or where the crime took place.

I'm still stuck on a couple of things about this case that are unusual:

The long conversation between Holly and the .
The way so many, many people arrived so quickly at her house (in a rural area) and overran the crime seen.
The way so many agencies became involved so quickly (had to be bureaucratic confusion).
State Governor got involved so quickly with a large reward.

Not disparaging, those who tried to help, or the gov putting up a reward, just things that set this case apart..

The tremendous turn out of locals - like everyone is listening in on scanners, or whatever; yet despite all this connectivity - no one sees Holly being driven away, or on the road, or anything stranger taking place.

A paradox - really tight knit community with so many willing to help, yet whomever did this seems to be invisible!....

Old Steve, Very strange, indeed!
You could use that word about details in this case also, invisible!
Wasn't that a Tuesday or Wednesday morning?
Interesting fact, the Governor was called in the middle of the night @ this case!
How many times does that happen in Tennessee?

In my city, most locals are at work or going to work on a Weekday morning....

Yet, with all those people traveling to the B.'s that morning, no one saw anything on their way to the B.'s..
With so many people there that morning, why hasn't any of the details about the blood etc. leaked after 2 years??

Old Steve, Very strange, indeed!
You could use that word about details in this case also, invisible!
Wasn't that a Tuesday or Wednesday morning?
Interesting fact, the Governor was called in the middle of the night @ this case!
How many times does that happen in Tennessee?

In my city, most locals are at work or going to work on a Weekday morning....

Yet, with all those people traveling to the B.'s that morning, no one saw anything on their way to the B.'s..
With so many people there that morning, why hasn't any of the details about the blood etc. leaked after 2 years??

My guess is because Holly's cousin is a fairly famous local Nashville singer, Holly's disappearance immediately became a higher profile case, as they usually do when someone famous has family ties to a missing person

Maybe the TN Govenor knows Holly's cousin or is a huge fan and wanted to intervene?

Just my guess....

Maybe some reasons why Holly's case took on such a high profile from the start

On a side note, Tenn Gov Bill Haslem and Cleveland Brown's new owner Jimmy Haslem are brothers

I also was reading Holly's cousin, Whitney Duncan has performed at events where Gov Haslem was in attendance. Whitney Duncan was also a contestant on TV Show Survivor South Pacific

Very possible the Gov knows Holly's cousin well from singing engagements, her obvious celebrity status and therefore her disappearance took on a high profile status. Whitney's dad was mentioned as having worked for the TN govt

IMO These might be reasons why the very large reward for Holly and the immediate attention from Gov Haslem about Holly missing

Holly's purse was found? Am I reading that correctly?!

This is from the story. At this point there's so many re phrasings of evidence found from LE/TBI that I don't know what to believe anymore..LOL

Xavier, Correct me if I'm mistaken...It was said Dana left H. gas money on the kitchen counter.
IF she needed gas, extra time should be considered for her putting gas in her car before class that morning.

Speaking of what the neighbor heard.
I suspect the neighbor heard a Loud argument coming from the Bobo's that morning and that is the reason he didn't investigate...instead telling his Mother and continueing on to work..
I feel IF he heard Screaming, he would have immediately done 'something' different....jmo

Yeah, this whole case is weird on so many levels..

Like the neighbor hundreds of feet away can hear screams from the Bobo's and the brother inside the house asleep never mentions hearing screams....but he did wake up from a nearby barking family dog???

Yeah, this whole case is weird on so many levels..

Like the neighbor hundreds of feet away can hear screams from the Bobo's and the brother inside the house asleep never mentions hearing screams....but he did wake up from a nearby barking family dog???

The dog was inside with him.

Still incredibly strange he can't hear the screams

(not being snippy, genuinely asking this) - what difference does it make if he did hear the screams? what if the true story is just that he was scared out of his mind at whatever he saw and he didn't act quickly and now feels a lot of regret. what if he was confused as to what he heard/saw and now realizes he could have saved his sister? if the family is hiding something or protecting one of their own does it necessarily change the basics of what we know?

i've always contended certain things with the timeline don't make sense but, as mentioned many times in the past, timewise there's no way the family could be involved. hb spoke with a female friend of hers that morning on the phone so even if we discount everything else the family says (which i don't, but let's just finish out the thought) there's just not enough time for anything to have happened to her other than basically what we know - someone grabbed her and whisked her away. whoever did it had to be someone who wouldn't be expected to be around an hour later when LE shows up, someone who wouldn't be missing from the close circle of family/friends during the search and aftermath, and someone who could successfully hide her/her body well outside of the circumference of the searches done immediately and thereafter around her house.

whether cb did hear a scream, didn't hear a scream, or the neighbor was mistaken and there was no scream i just don't think it matters to what we know. just my 2 cents and i'm open to things i might not be considering.

I recently watched the new independent documentary "The Imposter" and wanted to suggestnit to some ofnmy fellow sleuthers. The film is about the Nicholas Barclay case, a 13 year-old boy who went missing in San Antonio in1994, and a teenager was found in Spain claiming to be him.

I will not ruin it for any of you. It was a decent (not great) documentary. However, the FBI was involved and the agent who was interviewed said some interesting things as to why they would refuse to release any specifics about the missing boy's case. It made sense to me hearing it from her.

I just thought I'd mention it here.

Happy Holidays to you all.

:waiting:

folks: cease with the discussion about the family members. really.

I recently watched the new independent documentary "The Imposter" and wanted to suggestnit to some ofnmy fellow sleuthers. The film is about the Nicholas Barclay case, a 13 year-old boy who went missing in San Antonio in1994, and a teenager was found in Spain claiming to be him.

I will not ruin it for any of you. It was a decent (not great) documentary. However, the FBI was involved and the agent who was interviewed said some interesting things as to why they would refuse to release any specifics about the missing boy's case. It made sense to me hearing it from her.

I just thought I'd mention it here.

Happy Holidays to you all.

Hi, can you give us some examples as to why they refused to release specifics. I'm very curious. Thanks.

BTW, I haven't seen the documentary and will now have it on my list to watch during my time off. It's gotten some great reviews from what I saw online.

Hi, can you give us some examples as to why they refused to release specifics. I'm very curious. Thanks.

BTW, I haven't seen the documentary and will now have it on my list to watch during my time off. It's gotten some great reviews from what I saw online.

So that the suspect does not know they are being watched. That was one reason.

But it was just the way it was explained by the agent made so much sense. I think it finally registered with me.

I imagine it is almost impossible to put a tail on a perp in the Darden area...

So that the suspect does not know they are being watched. That was one reason.

But it was just the way it was explained by the agent made so much sense. I think it finally registered with me.

oh ok. Nothing unusual there. Some LE agencies prefer keeping everything close to their vests and others will release information and request the pubic's help.

I would have to think that if a case is heading for the cold case file and they have nothing then perhaps releasing information and requesting the public's help would benefit them and the family.

20 months later still no Holly. Are they after someone and that is why they're not releasing information? Maybe. But my gut says they have little or nothing and this case is far from being solved unless they get a lucky break. Hopefully before someone else is abducted or murdered.

Admittedly, I was quite skeptical at first but after thinking about it I thought why not? It's something I've never seen done before and what a unique way to plead with the abductor himself or herself. If money is a motive and the abductor is desperate for cash, $100,000 would go a long way to hire an attorney or be used for jail commissary.

This caring gentleman started with $10,000 but now the reward is increased to $100,000 for the abductor to come forward! Thanks to Karen Anne for bringing it to my attention! :)

I'm including a link to an article about Mr. Mullen's reward for both Holly's abductor and Lorenzen Wright's killer. I'm also including a link to his facebook pages.

MEMPHIS, TN (abc24.com) - It has been more than two years since Lorenzen Wright was murdered, and more than a year since Holly Bobo disappeared. That’s too long for one Memphian who is using social media, his own money and a twist on traditional thinking to do something about it.

Mullen is also offering $10,000 to the person responsible for the disappearance of Holly Bobo to turn himself in.

“Family reaction would be, 'We’re grateful for any help we can get trying to locate Holly and bring her home,'” said Don Franks, a spokesperson for the Bobo family.

Still, offering money to bad guys is a little out there.

“It’s different,” Franks told abc24.com, “I mean this is different. We’ve never seen a reward like this before.”

“We’ve tried everything else, they’re trying to flip it and do it another way,” said Marion.

Mullen added, “Why not pay the person who did it? Why not pay them to come forward; why not?”

When pressed on his motives for offering reward money, Mullen simply said, “I want to make a difference.”

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/sto...en-Wrights-Killer/brrBu4LUH0mTEMHoGhU8Ng.cspx

Reward Factor Facebook Page reward posted on Saturday

https://www.facebook.com/RewardFactor

Mr. Mullen's other facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/RewardFactor#!/pages/Crazy-Loco/164481953606446

Admittedly, I was quite skeptical at first but after thinking about it I thought why not? It's something I've never seen done before and what a unique way to plead with the abductor himself or herself. If money is a motive and the abductor is desperate for cash, $100,000 would go a long way to hire an attorney or be used for jail commissary.

This caring gentleman started with $10,000 but now the reward is increased to $100,000 for the abductor to come forward! Thanks to Karen Anne for bringing it to my attention! :)

I'm including a link to an article about Mr. Mullen's reward for both Holly's abductor and Lorenzen Wright's killer. I'm also including a link to his facebook pages.

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/sto...en-Wrights-Killer/brrBu4LUH0mTEMHoGhU8Ng.cspx

Reward Factor Facebook Page reward posted on Saturday

https://www.facebook.com/RewardFactor

Mr. Mullen's other facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/RewardFactor#!/pages/Crazy-Loco/164481953606446

Agree, that IS a new twist regarding rewards!

Considering the 100K would be eaten up in legal fees alone, can't see the who took her turning himself in for that...
Maybe if the reward were given directly to his wife/kids/etc. (assuming he was married).
None-the-less, offering this kind of reward is a way to get some media attention.

Offering a reward to the criminal is certainly a new twist, but I will be shocked if anyone comes forward. As it stands now, they can probably carry on without ever being arrested, IMO. So why admit a horrible crime, just to end up in prison?

The only way I can see this working is if the perp is sent to prison long term for some other crime and the reward money can be given to his family. But they would also have to be aware of this offer.

Still, it is interesting.

This case and Israel Keyes possible victims is making me crazy! Wish they would release something. Anything. *sigh*

I never thought of Israel Keyes as a possible suspect in Holly's abduction, but it is a great possibility!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine