TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A purse would not be buried unless it was buried with the body. As it can be easily carried away there is no reason to.

I think it was left there because the perp was local and didn't want Holly's possessions to be found with him. I have often wondered about the "significant discovery" of Easter Sunday. If it was a phone, then the perp must have kept that phone with him~or hidden somewhere safe~until it could be planted....because the area where the discovery was made had previously been searched.

My dream list:
1. A list of the 911 calls
2. The recordings of the 911 calls
3. The phone records of Karen Bobo's cell, the Bobo home, Holly's cell
4. FBI Profile of Perp

I think it was left there because the perp was local and didn't want Holly's possessions to be found with him. I have often wondered about the "significant discovery" of Easter Sunday. If it was a phone, then the perp must have kept that phone with him~or hidden somewhere safe~until it could be planted....because the area where the discovery was made had previously been searched.

My dream list:
1. A list of the 911 calls
2. The recordings of the 911 calls
3. The phone records of Karen Bobo's cell, the Bobo home, Holly's cell
4. FBI Profile of Perp
Am I remembering correctly that Karen B. forgot and left her cell at school when she was driven home that day?

Also would need a phone record for Karen B's friend's cell - the one who drove her home from school that day - as she forgot hers and left it at school, iirc. I think she said she made several calls to friends on the way back. (I could be wrong as my memory is hazy.)

Nope, I think you're right. Karen left her cellular device at school...something I cannot imagine. That would be her lifeline to information. How could she walk out the door without it?

Why did Karen fall apart when Clint called her about Holly walking with Drew? Yes, she participated in the "flurry" of calls with Drew and Holly....but what would make her think something horrible had happened? What would make her tell Clint to get a gun?

How did Karen get home so quickly? If we follow the progression of events, Karen's ride home would have taken about 25 minutes (can someone back me up on this recollection)....so if Holly was taken into the woods around 7:50, how did Karen get home by 8:05? Its illogical.

Nope, I think you're right. Karen left her cellular device at school...something I cannot imagine. That would be her lifeline to information. How could she walk out the door without it?

Why did Karen fall apart when Clint called her about Holly walking with Drew? Yes, she participated in the "flurry" of calls with Drew and Holly....but what would make her think something horrible had happened? What would make her tell Clint to get a gun?

How did Karen get home so quickly? If we follow the progression of events, Karen's ride home would have taken about 25 minutes (can someone back me up on this recollection)....so if Holly was taken into the woods around 7:50, how did Karen get home by 8:05? Its illogical.

Seriously? THese are all things a mother or anyone else might do in a panic. None of these times are set in stone and all are speculation. Why is the mother being called out? Im not getting it.

Seriously? THese are all things a mother or anyone else might do in a panic. None of these times are set in stone and all are speculation. Why is the mother being called out? Im not getting it.

I think it is more a matter of wondering if there was some reason for her mother to think Holly was in danger, in general. If Clint told her Holly was with Drew, why the panic? Even if Mom knew it couldn't be Drew, was there someone she feared being with Holly?

I think it is more a matter of wondering if there was some reason for her mother to think Holly was in danger, in general. If Clint told her Holly was with Drew, why the panic? Even if Mom knew it couldn't be Drew, was there someone she feared being with Holly?
Well-said.

Thanks. I can understand questioning this, but no one knows what Clint told his mother. I just dont think that we should be casting doubt or guilt on the family.

No one is casting doubt or guilt on the family. We are merely trying to understand what happened that morning.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/holly-bobo-search-missing-tennessee-woman-resumes-purse-18991330
Search Resumes for Tenn. Woman Missing 2 Years
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation sent out search dogs Thursday to look for a young woman who has been missing since she was abducted from her home a little more than two years ago.
Holly Bobo was last seen April 13, 2011, when her brother said he saw a man in hunting clothes leading the 20-year-old nursing student into the woods around the family home outside Parsons, about 125 miles northeast of Memphis.

This is one case where the lack of information can make a person go crazy....

Thanks. I can understand questioning this, but no one knows what Clint told his mother. I just dont think that we should be casting doubt or guilt on the family.

I am trying to make everything fit and I'm having a tough time. I'm not trying to cast doubt on Karen at all...just trying to understand. After all, she was on her cell phone at the school that morning and I am simply trying to understand how it got left there. That's all.
When my own son was missing, I never went anywhere without my cell. I slept with it in my hand (when I managed to sleep at all). Of course, we are all different.
But Karen immediately sensed danger....at the same time, she left behind her phone with all her information and her daughter's one link to her. Why was Karen so panicked that morning? Did she know someone was bothering Holly...or a threat to her?

No one is casting doubt or guilt on the family. We are merely trying to understand what happened that morning.

Thanks again and I am in no means trying to be argumentative, but questioning things that did or did not happen in the early hours of Holly going missing, and insinuating that the mother couldnt have forgotten her cell phone in a panic, and questioning why it took her a certain amount of time to get home, seems like it is casting doubt on the family. I think it is wrong to do so.

Sorry for the run on sentences..im on a tablet.

I am trying to make everything fit and I'm having a tough time. I'm not trying to cast doubt on Karen at all...just trying to understand. After all, she was on her cell phone at the school that morning and I am simply trying to understand how it got left there. That's all.
When my own son was missing, I never went anywhere without my cell. I slept with it in my hand (when I managed to sleep at all). Of course, we are all different.
But Karen immediately sensed danger....at the same time, she left behind her phone with all her information and her daughter's one link to her. Why was Karen so panicked that morning? Did she know someone was bothering Holly...or a threat to her?

Again, we really dont know when she sensed danger or how much. To say that the leaving the phone at school or her timing in getting home is "improbable" sounded a lot to me like you were questioning her. I have very deep sorrow for this family and just sometimes feel the need to speak up. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks again and I am in no means trying to be argumentative, but questioning things that did or did not happen in the early hours of Holly going missing, and insinuating that the mother couldnt have forgotten her cell phone in a panic, and questioning why it took her a certain amount of time to get home, seems like it is casting doubt on the family. I think it is wrong to do so.

Sorry for the run on sentences..im on a tablet.
Understood and well-expressed.

There are a number of curious features about this case. Sometimes one finds oneself reciting them aloud, like a mantra, one which, if invoked often enough, might open the door upon a solution.

I think Holly was kidnapped and killed because of her knowledge of something she shouldn't have known but unfortunately and perhaps accidentally learned. I think a townsperson - either from Parsons or Darden - did the deed.

But, as with almost everything about this chimerical case, I have absolutely no proof of any of that - only surmises, based upon a situation which happened one morning, and whose very facts remain unclear.

Again, we really dont know when she sensed danger or how much. To say that the leaving the phone at school or her timing in getting home is "improbable" sounded a lot to me like you were questioning her. I have very deep sorrow for this family and just sometimes feel the need to speak up. Sorry for any confusion.

The timeline does not fit. Simply put. Perhaps TBI has instructed this family not to clear up any confusions. TBI has not helped us, that's for sure.

I do feel for the family. Perhaps they know more than they are allowed to say or have thoughts they aren't allowed to express. This makes sense to me. At the recent awareness day for Holly, Clint read a statement from paper. His parents made no statements. They had a spokesperson. It seems to me that this might be for the very reasons I shared: the family can't answer certain questions or inconsistencies. This doesn't mean they are bad people...or that they are involved. But something is amiss. And I'm far from being alone with my sentiments about that.

Do they think they know the person who did this? Perhaps they suspect someone but there is not enough evidence to pursue him? This would drive a family member crazy, I'm sure.

We know that when Clint called Karen, she screamed and fell out in the cafeteria. This makes me think there was a previous threat to Holly that we know nothing about....

How many neighbors were there? I only know of one...1/4 mile from her house. He is the one that didn't bother to check out the scream but told his mother instead.

I have heard there was possibly a neighbor on the Myracle (sp?) Property to the North.

Near the anniversary of her death? Hmm... sounds like it was dug up and placed somewhere that dog could easily get it.

Understood and well-expressed.

There are a number of curious features about this case. Sometimes one finds oneself reciting them aloud, like a mantra, one which, if invoked often enough, might open the door upon a solution.

I think Holly was kidnapped and killed because of her knowledge of something she shouldn't have known but unfortunately and perhaps accidentally learned. I think a townsperson - either from Parsons or Darden - did the deed.

But, as with almost everything about this chimerical case, I have absolutely no proof of any of that - only surmises, based upon a situation which happened one morning, and whose very facts remain unclear.

I should know that spending time with Woof will, once again, expand my vocabulary. I had to look up, "chimerical."

Near the anniversary of her death? Hmm... sounds like it was dug up and placed somewhere that dog could easily get it.

I almost said this but I was skeered. After all, we are not sure she is dead.

Big event to re-energize people to look for her was held over the weekend. Perfect timing for a "discovery of note."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523